Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Mythology Private ESO Server
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04 January 2011 06:55 PM EDT (US)   
.: Age of Mythology Private ESO Server :.

No no, of course not. I haven't done a private ESO server. What I've done is some work towards that and I think it could be possible and I want to share my findings with you guys. See this as my temporary comeback to AoMH as I'll have a round of exams soon so I can't work on this for a month or so.
Anyhow, this I'm going to briefly tell you what I've done so far.

First I get to see where AoM connected. It make sure it has the latest version and gets the update if needed. I downloaded all cabs files and noticed that for AoM the last 3 updates are missing (!) which is a bit weird. I think it could be possible to continue to use those cab files in the future using RTPatch which is what they used.

There are some cfg files at AoM\Startup folder which contain that information of the url of this updatelist.xml and ESO url and they are 100% configurable so that allows an easy way to make AoM connect to a different ESO. Looking at production.cfg (its inside the bar file) I saw the ESOConfigURL. Downloaded it to my Dropbox public folder and reset that value to my file and toyed with values - Message of day, ESO Pop, refresh intervals, ESOOutageMessage, all it seems to work. The last one kicks a user out while displaying a message which is pretty interesting - maybe apply a personalized banned message here?

So now, the tricky part - actually making something that resembles the servers AoM connects to. The major problem is that AoM connects to aom.eso.com using SSL which means its encrypted, which is pretty scary and frustrating at first however I got it working (after a few days) and I was able to read what AoM sends to the aom.eso.com, and use that to resend to the aom.eso.com to see the replies. Tho, I'll tell you that aom.eso.com is not the first server it connects, it's login.passport.com - that's Microsoft login plataform for their own services, such as Windows Live Mail and Messenger. So, after realizing just that, I logged in to Messenger using my AoMUsername@eso.com and password and logged in to Windows Live Mail using just that too. I can add people and send emails from that account, which is pretty neat. . Go ahead and try it out! This might not be something 100% new but it was to me . Moving on.

AoM request several things to ESO in the following order: GetConfig, GetMasterTicket, ActivateProductKey, GetServiceTicket, RegisterNickname, VerifyTicket. The bolded one are tricky since there's part of the message that's encrypted.. Which can really mean no private ESO on the worst case scenario. .

Now after gathering what ESO replies to AoM on a positive AoM login request - my username and correct password, along with my valid CDKey, and save them on my server so it always replies just that to AoM I started to experiment. And oh boy did I find something awesome. So awesome I'm amazed myself as in all this time I'm probably the first to do this. Maybe the previous AoM servers had better protection or something, but here I'm logged in as nottud and Yeegaabooon:

Chatting works, join and hosting games works, looking for stats works, all that use different servers which I didn't replace and what actually authenticates a user is my fake server always saying it's authenticated. On the upside you can't win\lose points in a rated - sorry nottud, you'd have won 20 points on AoM rating . Tho everything else seems to work as long as you enter an existing nickname. Mythic_Freak and Oboe agree that it's kinda creepy seeing me logged him as their account. Not to worry tho, this doesn't grant full-access nor I can get your password - that's stored on Microsoft servers.

Now the next step towards a working ESO would be figuring out those encrypted messages.. Since the messages that logged my in yesterday don't do so today. Maybe that's because I'm still trying to access parts of the real ESO kicking me out. Not sure.

Using Wireshark I was able to see the packets sent between AoM and the chat server. They seem to be encoded. Maybe compressed. The latter also being because ESOClientDLL on AoM folder contains strings from zlib. Which means that atleast part of the connections are compressed, so more testing will be needed.

Hosting a game seems to be a mixture of XML data and probably AoM compressed messages. I think a private-hosting server is also doable.

Stats seem to be simple since they are mainly XML. Pretty much doable - I was thinking, keeping the rest of ESO intact but maybe use a different Ladder to store ratings of a community competition for example...

So this is what I've so far gather so far. Now I'm not going to reveal my code nor further explain any specifics on how I got to make the fake servers work and getting past the SSL protection, I merely want to demonstrate of what's possible, and I welcome you to constructively discuss the findings.

Maybe the future of this could mean an integrated with Fan Patch?

Progress status:

NameProgress
Account creation ingame100%
Password recovery button0%
User login to ESO100%
Message of the day100%
ESO Population90%
Address server90%
Hosting advanced games100%
ESO Stats\Ladder35%
Upload ESO stats at the end of a match0%
Chats\Lobby Server90%
Friends Server90%
Rated game matching75%

-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.

[This message has been edited by invent00r (edited 09-15-2013 @ 04:20 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07 August 2013 10:16 AM EDT (US)     26 / 38  
@:Elrich
Thank you.

Progress update

I'm still working on this. Progress has been slow but somewhat stable and going forward.
I'm updated the percentage table to better reflect the state of my work.

Hosting advanced games now works, along with invitations. Friends server is also in good shape - you can add friends, see their status and send messages. Next up, I'm going to work on the chat lobbies. They are almost the same, and the tricky part I thought before is gone - the messages content is gzipped. Also, the server is the same - just on a different port -, it goes through the authentication cycle when you join it. Thats why changing chat isn't instant.

My server worked almost flawlessly when I first tried, which is great. I did see some very interesting messages sent from the server:
Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion\1.0
We are not able to detect Age 2 Expansion installed on your hard drive. Please install the game before matchmaking on the Zone
You have an old version of Age 2 Expansion. Click on Go To Downloads to get the latest patch installed
This is interesting, it probably means that they used exactly the same servers to do the lobbies. Or even to do the friends server.

Soon I'll need testers, if you want to help send me an email with your preferred contact.
-invent00r

posted 07 August 2013 10:58 AM EDT (US)     27 / 38  
Interesting.

Let me extends my helping hand to you: rjs232323{aatt}hotmail.com

Are we still logging into Window Live's service for authentication, then redirect to your private server?
posted 07 August 2013 04:08 PM EDT (US)     28 / 38  
Thanks.

No. Even tho AoM uses MSN passport I managed to do a quick and ugly solution using php. It works. It could be improved later on. But the idea is having everything under control.
-invent00r

posted 07 August 2013 04:26 PM EDT (US)     29 / 38  
but here I'm logged in as nottud and Yeegaabooon:
HACKS! BURN THE WITCH!

Your dedication is awesome and this is the next generation of AoM sorcery. This has potential to be massive.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 07 August 2013 08:31 PM EDT (US)     30 / 38  
Mind posting the code to Github so we can work together on this?

Otherwise luciano at elpea . net

posted 08 August 2013 06:04 AM EDT (US)     31 / 38  
@:Yeebaagooon
Soo, you've finally seen the incriminating images .

@:Elpea
I'm thinking of open sourcing the project, just not sure this is the right time yet.
But I'll put the project on github as private - for now - and add you.
-invent00r

posted 08 August 2013 08:06 PM EDT (US)     32 / 38  
This would be good resume material. You could say that you yourself created a whole separate server for a game that hundreds of people used.

posted 09 August 2013 00:10 AM EDT (US)     33 / 38  
This would be good resume material. You could say that you yourself created a whole separate server for a game that hundreds of people used.
If not more!

Invent00r, heres a too-early-to-ask question:
Is it possible for private ESO server to communicate with php server and display php's output (image and text) on the welcome screen? Just thinking about adding XS-G5's server to it where people can download public RMS into their folder in-game.

[This message has been edited by rjs23 (edited 08-09-2013 @ 00:16 AM).]

posted 09 August 2013 04:02 AM EDT (US)     34 / 38  
@:rjs23
Well, in the Fan Patch I did a background program that would periodically check the rts3banglog.txt. This file dumps the trEcho output, and you could do a one way communication to the outside of AoM - you press a button, triggers does and echo, program detects the string on the log file and performs an action.
With this in mind, I did a concept called "Fan Patch Arena". Which basically would allow you see news, download record games and scenarios. This was done by downloading a newuimpsetupfinal.xml every time the AoM started.
This xml was supposed to be dynamic, so it could be done in php.

So for now, I won't work on any of that, but it's possible to that extent. If you want you could be in charge of that. Fan Patch Arena can be found here.
-invent00r

posted 12 August 2013 07:37 AM EDT (US)     35 / 38  
Chats are now working, but they still need a bit more testing...

I'm thinking of a possible experiment that could be done... Let's assume DFA is a 'registered' clan in ESO. Now there could be a lobby called 'DFA Lobby' which could only be accessed by DFA members.
-invent00r

posted 30 August 2013 08:46 PM EDT (US)     36 / 38  
Just stopping by to give you that extra little motivation to get this thing done being that I think this whole thing is incredible.

posted 31 August 2013 04:12 PM EDT (US)     37 / 38  
Hey, thanks.

It's a little slow at the moment because I'm on holidays... But Mythic_Freak is doing some work on the Rated Game Matching service.
A lot of testing will be needed but I think the hardest part is past us.
-invent00r

posted 01 September 2013 05:12 PM EDT (US)     38 / 38  
Hey there, I just came to play AoM again and noticed that the multiplayer doesn't work anymore, got very sad about it since I liked it a lot when I was younger both as the numerous games that existed been playing against the computer creating some scenarios for my own and playing campaign again do have a 'lil fun but today I came here looking for the latest mods and found this topic, is this REALLY working ?? People playing multiplayer here ? How many players average ? And if all is good how can I DL it and put it working ?

Thanks
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Age of Mythology Private ESO Server
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames