You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Mesopotamians coming ! (civ presentation in preview)
posted 31 August 2017 05:00 AM EDT (US)   
Hello all !

since some months I'm working on a new civilisation: the mesopotamians.
This work includes the idea of a completely new civilisation with 3 major gods and 9 minor gods with their units, buildings, myths and god powers and of course the campaigns (not yet !).

This includes of course a multiplayer scenario that I'm doing also with the editor. Each player will have the choice to take or not the mesopotamians, before the beginning of the game (by choosing the major god "Shennong").
The map is a version of Midgard because there is sea so we can experiment all aspects of the civ.

However as the title of this thread shows, the scenario isn't finished because it is very long to do.
First I'll finish the triggering, then I'll test it to prevent bugs, then I'll try to correct any bug, then I'll test it in real condition with friends (or everyone who want) and then I'll post it on steam and on this forum when it is balanced.

But for now I can in preview show you the Idea of the civilisation.

Please say if you find it interesting, balanced or other... I need feedbacks !

Fast description :

MESOPOTAMIANS

Specificities:

Mesopotamians have 2 villager types. One build and gather farms and gold while the second gather wild food and wood. They are trained in different buildings and have special abilities to their job. You can change one type to another if you pay.

Mesopotamians use some divination. From age 2 they can train sacrifice sheeps in altars, after being prepared they offer meteors that can be used in battles. While progressing through ages, you will need more sheeps for each meteors, but they will be more powerful.

Hero system:

Mesopotamians have 2 different hero.
The Soothsayer is a non-combative hero. However you need them for divination, they can also heal and stop myth units.

The Shar is a very expensive and powerful hero. He has a hand attack and an area attack. You can’t train more shars than town centers you have.

Favor system:

Mesopotamians get favor when they construct buildings. They gain also favor by farming and doing sacrifices. They are a civ of builders, so we made that they really need to construct a lot of buildings.

have a look at the two other topics for more informations:
mesopotamian tables (units+buildings) tables
Gods and techs description (powers, myth units, upgrades, bonuses) gods

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 01-13-2018 @ 06:54 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02 September 2017 09:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
I'm glad you're making progress with this.
posted 03 September 2017 03:51 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
Thank you.
In the list of people I have to thank, you are definitively the first ! (and there are a lot of people)
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Mesopotamians coming ! (civ presentation in preview)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames