You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A river ran through it-(jsroy73 - BruceEstrie - Henrisix - DarkShadow)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 12-03-04 06:56 AM EDT (US)   
Hello everyone,

So this game is on the 'A River Ran Through it' map.
This game is played with Standard Rules
WL game

Players are:

Dark_Shadow -- playing: orcs -- slyngelstuen at sol dot dk
Henrysix -- playing: elfs --henrysix at aol dot com
BruceEstrie -- playing halflings --pbrousseau at hotmail dot com
jsroy73 -- playing: Tigrans --jsroy73 at hotmail dot com

Good luck to you all!

[This message has been edited by jsroy73 (edited 12-03-2004 @ 07:33 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-03-04 11:57 AM EDT (US)     1 / 113  
you guys may want to hold off for a little while.

the public version of this game (available for download) was made for aow2, where cosmos wizards did not pick their spheres. the elf spheres are unassigned, and I do not know what this will do to your game.

I would suggest you go into the editor and assign her

2 life
2 air
1 earth
1 water

and restart.

OR

you can play on a version I'm working on right now. rules changes between aow2 and SM make this map play very different, so I'm trying to make a version which is for SM only.
as a warning, it is much more extreme then the original.
if you would like to try this version, I can set it up for you; just let me know.

OFFICIAL PASSWORD KEEPER - email me! aowsm.pass@gmail.com

GMMod for AoW2
'a River Ran Through It' aow2 map 'the Charm'(SM edition)
posted 12-03-04 04:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 113  
Hello Greenmonster,

If you could set the game up I would appreciate it. I really thought that this was a shadow magic map.
To every one else, forget the game that I sent you. We will play with the one greenmonster send's us.
Also, I will also remove the WL if some players manifests their consent.

Thanks again Greenmonster for the setup and the head's up on this matter.

J-S Roy

[This message has been edited by jsroy73 (edited 12-03-2004 @ 04:56 PM).]

posted 12-03-04 08:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 113  
I rather a WL game.
Sorry but since I don't have that much spare time, I play only WL games.

I don't want to offend anyone but it turns to a non-WL game, I'll give my seat to someone else.

posted 12-04-04 03:03 PM EDT (US)     4 / 113  
Iīm a bit confused.....I received my turn yesterday, but have just seen this log now. I have taken my turn, but Iīm not sure if itīs the right map according to GM comment

But I have taken the turn and sent it to henrysix.....hope itīs the right one.

Ulmrat, day 1

The damned elves and dwarves are trying to get rid of my proud people by playing with the nature....such scum!! No puddle of water will ever stop Ulmrat!!

I have managed to keep one city intact, but unfortunately it lacks a wizardtower....with that in mind, there is no use for me in the city, and I decide to join my main army in their quest for glory (and gold) - besides, it would be fun to try and ride the back of a glutton

My underground impaler finds a gobbo-city - and even though the goblins arenīt my favourite allies at the moment, I decide to purchase their services...you will never know, when they could come in handy.

TS

posted 12-04-04 03:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 113  
stop playing the turn that is going around now. I just emailed you all the new map to look at, and sent the new game out.

enjoy!

GMMod for AoW2
posted 12-04-04 04:37 PM EDT (US)     6 / 113  
Just received it and taken my turn....thanks GM
posted 12-04-04 04:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 113  
Ulmrat, day 1

The damned elves and dwarves are trying to get rid of my proud people by playing with the nature....such scum!! No puddle of water will ever stop Ulmrat!!

I have managed to keep one city intact, but unfortunately it lacks a wizardtower....with that in mind, there is no use for me in the city, and I decide to join my main army in their quest for glory (and gold) - besides, it would be fun to try and ride the back of a glutton:P

posted 12-04-04 04:51 PM EDT (US)     8 / 113  
Hahaha, just dont fall off it , it migth consider you as food

(Wizard riding a gluton, I'd like to see that!)

posted 12-04-04 05:56 PM EDT (US)     9 / 113  
Even the feared Glutton will not lay a hand on mighty Ulmrat
posted 12-06-04 02:44 AM EDT (US)     10 / 113  
Reignbeau, day 1

Off we go in two parties, one by land, one by water. Some nasty orcs are our first target.

posted 12-07-04 00:10 AM EDT (US)     11 / 113  
jsroy73 : Are players written in order of play ?

if so... H6 : Didn't received the game, please resend.

posted 12-07-04 02:24 AM EDT (US)     12 / 113  
I've re-sent the turn to you, BrE.
posted 12-07-04 05:07 AM EDT (US)     13 / 113  
Hi everybody,
my mail-account shuts down the first of January, so please use this one from now on.

olesen007@hotmail.com

Thanks

Dark Shadow

posted 12-07-04 09:47 PM EDT (US)     14 / 113  
A halfling is my friend.
A halfling friend of my friend halfling is also my friend.
A halfling friend who's a friend halfling of my halfling friend is still my friend.

Many halflings talked to each other and I managed to get an outpost, a tower, 2 windmills (or maybe 3 not sure) and killed 3 aggressives AI dogs... or course some gold were involve, eventhough halflings are friends, they remain halflings !!

posted 12-08-04 03:04 PM EDT (US)     15 / 113  
Ulmrat day 2,

Today I led the attack against a powernode guarded by a minotaur and a northern glow....always a difficult battle due to the freaking static shield

But not today!! The enemy were slaughtered like the scum they are, and we move on for greater glory.

TS

posted 12-09-04 03:32 PM EDT (US)     16 / 113  
Reignbeau, day 2

Production resources captured. Meanwhile, my big guns are heading into the wilderness.

posted 12-09-04 07:40 PM EDT (US)     17 / 113  
Day 2:

Some infidels are running away and they do well to. I'm organising a hunting party to bring them to justice.

ts

posted 12-11-04 04:35 PM EDT (US)     18 / 113  
Ulmrat day 3,

Captured some valuable ressources today - and with the skill of my shaman, a couple of battles was easyli won.....and got my hands on some nice production ressources as well

TS

posted 12-12-04 04:47 AM EDT (US)     19 / 113  
Reignbeau, day 3

Fought a couple battles and didn't get much for my troubles except injuries.

posted 12-12-04 09:23 AM EDT (US)     20 / 113  
Contact made... on my territory !
I knindly ask the aggressor to retreat from my land... let's see if aggreement will be .... or a "double or quit" match will happen !

Besides that 2 villages joinned us, with few flying rocks to convince them this time.

[This message has been edited by BruceEstrie (edited 12-13-2004 @ 01:08 AM).]

posted 12-13-04 05:08 AM EDT (US)     21 / 113  
Ulmrat day 4,

Wazz joined my troops today - and by doing so, he emptied my coffers!! Hopefully gold is on the way.

Raging independents come from all directions, and Iīm sure there will be spilled blood during the night....I fear, that most of it will be orc blood!

posted 12-13-04 10:24 PM EDT (US)     22 / 113  
Reignbeau, day 4

Making some progress in the wilderness, but gold is extremely tight. I have thrown myself on the mercy of Mr. Jeremia.

posted 12-13-04 11:02 PM EDT (US)     23 / 113  
Mr. Jeremia, day 5.

It can't be avoid, on first contact the border line has to be fixed. I believe it is done now. And I'm pretty confident that elves will agree on what is halflings' territory.

Now that it's done. We capture a tower to discover many wolves packs waiting little halflings to adventure... our newly recruited hero will be more than useful to domesticate those little wild dogs !

[This message has been edited by BruceEstrie (edited 12-14-2004 @ 00:15 AM).]

posted 12-14-04 05:00 AM EDT (US)     24 / 113  
Is this game registered for the Ladder?

I canīt find it in the game registry....

posted 12-14-04 08:25 AM EDT (US)     25 / 113  
Day x:

ts

No it is not yet registered. I will do it today or tomorrow.

posted 12-15-04 04:37 AM EDT (US)     26 / 113  
Ulmrat day 5,

I wake up to some surprising news...I guess a lot can happen during the night and it will probably be clarified during the next couple of days.

In my own territory, the night was also cruel.....raging indies have stolen two mines and one furnace from me, so I have almost nothing in my coffer....gold is VERY much needed!!

Wazz join me and my men, and we attack a small village....after that it is time to kill some of all these indies and 4 battles were won.

Maybe that will make them think twice before disturbing the sleeping orc!!

TS

posted 12-15-04 10:36 AM EDT (US)     27 / 113  
for future info, WL games must be registered before they begin, although I think hiranu will let you slide this time

GMMod for AoW2
posted 12-15-04 02:22 PM EDT (US)     28 / 113  
Reignbeau, day 5

Progress remains slow but steady. It turns out that one threat has been eliminated, though my guess is that this was due to bad luck more than anything else.

posted 12-15-04 10:08 PM EDT (US)     29 / 113  
Overnight: I personnally resist to a double charge. First 4 wolves and then 4 giant frogs died trying to enter in my tower.

No hand to hand fight, lucky me, our pistols were very efficient !

[This message has been edited by BruceEstrie (edited 12-16-2004 @ 00:40 AM).]

posted 12-15-04 10:29 PM EDT (US)     30 / 113  
Day 5??? What day 5? No day five when your in the void...

Well, this game seem's to have been a complete wast of time. My wizard was killed by wandering independants it seems.

I wish I could say I enjoyed this game but being killed on the fifth turn (turn 5) does not give me enough time to make myself an opinion of it. When this happens in a normal PBEM game it is funny and I would have laughed my head off, but I think I have mixed feelings (good vs bad) because it is a WizardsLadder

Ah well. It is just my luck. Someone ask's to register this game and I get killed the day I post a message asking for it to be registered... Just my luck.

So it seem's the tigran will have no water...

Well, good luck to you all

[This message has been edited by jsroy73 (edited 12-15-2004 @ 10:58 PM).]

posted 12-16-04 02:37 AM EDT (US)     31 / 113  
Hi Jsroy,

Itīs a very unfortunate way to die.....I really feel bad too, because I think itīs going to be a really good map/game.

And now I have lost my future ally against the pointed ears fellows

DS

posted 12-16-04 05:33 AM EDT (US)     32 / 113  
Hehe, good luck with your war vs pointy eared fellow!

posted 12-16-04 09:42 AM EDT (US)     33 / 113  
I find that if you play an actual WL team game from the start, it is always fun to play again, switching sides. that gives you a good idea about who is the better team.
if you split the 2 games, then you can always play another game: same team, different wizards (east vs west).

this FFA game could be just a good way to get you all aquainted with the map, before you try some team games on it.

you will be surprised about how many new posibilities you will find on this map after playing it a few times

GMMod for AoW2

[This message has been edited by greenmonster (edited 12-16-2004 @ 09:43 AM).]

posted 12-16-04 03:14 PM EDT (US)     34 / 113  
Ulmrat day 6,

Arrrggh - those damn wolves seems to be popping out from every bush and stone...and steal my ressources!!

Must slay them all - KILL KILL!!

TS

att: GM - a team battle on this map sounds like a good idea...will keep that in mind. I have never played a teambattle before (still pretty new in the PBEM aspect) and I can imagine, that it is even harder and more difficult to play teambattles....but probably also more fun

posted 12-16-04 04:02 PM EDT (US)     35 / 113  
communicating with a teammate is one of the best aspects of a PBEM game, IMO.

some people even set up their own yahoo group forums to post screen shots and keep the discussion organized... especially in a large team game.

GMMod for AoW2
posted 12-16-04 09:04 PM EDT (US)     36 / 113  
Hey, I was woundering...: since it was wandering independants that killed my wizard, do I loose points in the WL? Also, do any of you get points for my defeat?
posted 12-16-04 11:43 PM EDT (US)     37 / 113  
I've looked and found this :

In FFA games points are awarded for position and players killed. Position points are as follows:

3 player : 5 / 1 / -6
4 player : 6 / 3 / -3 / -6
5 player : 6 / 3 / 1 / -4 / -6
6 player : 7 / 4 / 3 / -3 / -5 / -6
7 player : 8 / 5 / 3 / 2 / -6 / -6 / -6
8 player : 9 / 6 / 3 / 3 / -3 / -6 / -6 / -6

Then you are awarded kill bonuses for those wizards you eliminated. For each person you kill you gain 2 points, and they lose 2 points. If a person is killed by independents they lose 2 points, which is split between the top two players, unless it is the second player, in which case the winner gets it all.

Be aware that the Free For All rules are new, and its possible they may change at some point in the future.

posted 12-17-04 02:40 AM EDT (US)     38 / 113  
Aha - another reason to finish first on this map.....then we can have a feast out of Jsroyīs points

Btw....was your wizard in his city or just wandering around by himself? Or was he with some of your men?

...have to say, it made me a bit more nervous and Ulmrat isnīt sleeping well these last couple of nights

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shadow (edited 12-17-2004 @ 02:41 AM).]

posted 12-17-04 04:55 AM EDT (US)     39 / 113  
Well, to be honest he was a couple of hexs away (5 I think) I may have triggered an area guard event and they came after me. What I dont understand is that the path he was on had allready been cleared by other troops. And I dont know what attacked me because all I saw was the defeat screen so I cant help you there. I think I will go download the map and see for myself what happenned.

Good luck to you remaining player

posted 12-18-04 06:34 PM EDT (US)     40 / 113  
Reignbeau, day 6

My bird has seen a disturbing sight indeed. We must redouble our efforts at expansion.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » A river ran through it-(jsroy73 - BruceEstrie - Henrisix - DarkShadow)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames