Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Fight for Light, recruiting 4 players for a new game
posted 07-09-09 05:52 PM EDT (US)   
A newcomer, Cressence, wants to experience the Fight for Light epic adventure here with some of you guys. I offered to help by setting up the game and to open a recruitment thread.
It will be a "just for fun" game so feel free to sign up whatever you level of expertise is.

Playable wizards:

The Shadowgod (evil races) - ibobs
LLannovar (Elves) - Oleg123
King Roderick (Humans) - Cressence
Meriadoc (Halflings) - Spazzz
Boldir (Dwarves) - naecO

Dalviana (Dark Elves and Goblins) will be played by the AI.

You can download the latest version of the map here.

To help you choose the best wizard who suits your play-style I am copying here some hints by the author:

These are the available races/wizards:

SHADOWGOD:
Very, very strong starting position. Mostly undead but able to migrate to any evil race due to the.. well you'll see. If played by the computer, set to CPU Emperor. It is ‘set’ to a human player, so you may want to strenghten the ShadowGod if you let him be played by the CPU-Emperor (I suggest getting rid of all the city limits in the ShadowArea and add some spiderqueens).
Expect your turns to last quite a long time, enjoy superior forces and other players fleeing for ye!

DALVIANA:
Preset to CPU Emperor as a mediating factor. To take advantage of, or to hopelessly underestimate... Sort of a buffer for the ShadowGod (and to get the needed experience from). Plays Dark Elves and Goblins. She can become pretty strong and if not taken serious can take out a risky player easily! Don’t let her grow too much by focussing on the Darkness spreading from the northeast..

KING RODERICK:
The king of the Humans will face a hard time, this is by far the most difficult position to start (and keep), especially if the ShadowGod is a smart human player. Also, it is probably the first to go down or the first to grow powerful of the 'good' races. Let's hope the power won't corrupt this player if things might go too well, though... Don’t let inexperienced players take this side and provide help for his forces!
Anyway, be bold and expect some action soon. In all the games I’ve seen so far his capitol got razed..

LLANOVAR:
The Elven player has a relatively safe starting position. The forest holds some dangers so be sure to scout ahead and use it to your advantage, defensively and offensively.. Become powerful in the practice of Life Magic and scouting; a big support to the alliance! Later, the stronger elven troops could be the ones to turn the tides..

MERIADOC:
The most safe starting position but very needed to give support to those that need it. I would suggest the least experienced/skilled player to take on this position playing Halflings. They are the safety.. the last line of defense to battle the ShadowGod.

BOLDIR:
A lot of choices to expand to (digging, surface, caves etc) and dangers to overcome. Once these slow but strong dwarves are on the move, the ShadowGod will face a hard time stopping them. By the use of their fire magic they can play an important role for the alliance. Don't get too spread up. In the games I've played and seen, this player has the most risk of dying first because of underestimating the roaming independents.

Welcome!

Use a password in your PBEM games, and contact the Game Password Keepers.

[This message has been edited by Unnapu (edited 07-10-2009 @ 02:11 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-09-09 06:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
I've never played dwarf or elf. Give me one of those pls !

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 07-10-09 06:57 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
Since I am also newbie, it will be a nice game. Ill take Halflings if I can.
posted 07-10-09 08:04 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
Well Naeco just kicked my ass in my map so I would like to see here how he does it, or play against as the God. So either elf or the god.
posted 07-10-09 09:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
Main post updated. I assigned naecO to the dwarves and ibobs to the Shadowgod.

Welcome Spazzz, I will need your email address and please check if you have installed the Upatch 1.4 since it is required to play the latest version of this map.

Only one position left, Llanovar's.

posted 07-10-09 11:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
Its spazkill at gmail dot com
posted 07-10-09 11:26 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
OK, I tryed to resist it.... I think I can handle one game more...
Sign me in as Elves, please....
oleg1996 at yahoo dot com

Spell check failed - not enough mana

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 07-10-2009 @ 11:28 AM).]

posted 07-10-09 02:10 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
Game started. I created a new thread for your logs: Fight for Light v3 (naecO, Cressence, Oleg123, spazzz, ibobs).

Enjoy the game

posted 07-11-09 08:24 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
Very nice of you, Unnapu
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Fight for Light, recruiting 4 players for a new game
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames