AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Lost - Shipwrecked feat JamesEde, Morgul, Naeco and Albinscott
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 08-13-13 00:10 AM EDT (US)   
I used what I thought were the most recent email addresses I could find.

Darkelves: JamesEde - jamieede AT gmail DOT com
Elves: Morgul - kimmuriel AT gmx DOT de
Archons: Naeco - nguyen DOT huyhai AT gmail DOT com
Orcs: Albinscott - albinscott AT gmail DOT com

Standard house rules, tower teleporters, surrender and item teleportation are turned off. Allied victory on but playing as a FFA. Spell trading banned.
Replies:
posted 08-13-13 00:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 118  
Darkelves, Day 1

Looted our own ship and took a town today. Casualties within acceptable limits.
posted 08-13-13 02:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 118  
damn. hit some rocks and now we´re on that forlorn island surrounded by lizards...
took a settlement or theirs.

TS

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:
Version 1.4: DEMONWARS II (Transcendence & Immortalis)
Version 1.3: (also playable in 1.4) Gates to another World 1.4
><-><-><- Planning replaces coincidence by error. -><-><-><-
posted 08-13-13 04:54 AM EDT (US)     3 / 118  
Fate is really playing with us.. after the near-death experience in the water, we're now on course to die in the desert. The local inhabitants were not really friendly and forced us to oppress their resistance. Not too far away.. Anubis isn't happy to see me. And I'm not happy either with the thought of him dying tomorrow or the day after that.

ts

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 08-13-13 06:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 118  
The Black Horde, Day 1

Stonethrow, Andorad, Charitum... These are the ridiculous names that the hummies gave to these useless fishing settlements on the shore.
Fortunately, the Horde is here to restore proper power over these lands! Because I am Skeletor, "I am more than man! More than life! I... am... a... GOD! Now. You... will... KNEEL! KNEEL!" [cof-cof]

ts
posted 08-15-13 08:11 AM EDT (US)     5 / 118  
Darkelves, day 2

Corrected our fiscal imbalance.

TS
posted 08-15-13 08:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 118  
Marching towards Anubis..

ts

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 08-16-13 09:25 AM EDT (US)     7 / 118  
ts

posted 08-18-13 08:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 118  
The Black Horde, Day 2

Humans will not bend to our will?? "Let them all rot!"

ts
posted 08-19-13 00:30 AM EDT (US)     9 / 118  
Darkelves, Day 3

The frostlings have joined us, though we paid a blood price for their allegiance. Still, when the day ended, more of their dead littered the field than ours, and their pathetic chieftan, who called himself a king, lay at our feet, his magic ring now mine to bestow upon my priestess. We march onwards to new targets, hopefully targets just far enough away to heal our wounds before fresh battle draws our blood once again. How little these locals know of true power. How soon they will...

TS

[This message has been edited by JamesEde (edited 08-19-2013 @ 00:32 AM).]

posted 08-19-13 10:51 AM EDT (US)     10 / 118  
My isn´t that funny - "Naeco offered to join you in Sri Lanca for 125 gold" !
Naeco...!? I might have heard that name before!? Or haven´t I ?
anyway - we´ll make him a great hero !

TS

posted 08-20-13 06:15 PM EDT (US)     11 / 118  
The Black Horde, Day 3

Not greater than Swolte: he just joined Skeletor! Muwhahaha!!!

"Everything comes to he who waits... and I have waited so very long for this moment."

ts
posted 08-21-13 03:01 AM EDT (US)     12 / 118  
late log:

Now that Anubis is out of the picture.. the Tigran feel that they have no choice but to follow me. Further in the horizon, the scout spotted a big city where I could setup reign over this land. It's still a long way though.. tonight we need rest and lots of it.

ts

posted 08-21-13 11:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 118  
Darkelves, Day 4

It appears that the frostlings live next to a cursed land. As we looked down on the valley below we spied cities of the undead, including one with a wizard's tower. It is actually a good thing we were shipwrecked on their shores, for I am sure that under their own leadership the icemen would never have been able to counter such a threat. But my own forces, bolstered by the services of a local mercenary who calls himself "Lord the Ron" (obviously drunk), should be more than sufficient to put down this local tyrant wizard and claim their tower for my own conjurings. There is treasure and power in these lands, and I shall tarry a while before sailing for home, and gain such power and wealth as to replace my losses in the storm.
posted 08-23-13 04:27 AM EDT (US)     14 / 118  
With a cripple army, I have to slow down for the men to recover..

ts

posted 08-25-13 11:05 AM EDT (US)     15 / 118  
The Black Horde, Day 4

Managing the production resources and income structures.
Desert awaits us to the west, while swamps and burial grounds can be seen across the river, to the south. Both directions we be taken sooner or later, but for now, we have tp settle with only one. Circumstancial reasons will probably determine which one...

ts
posted 08-26-13 10:07 AM EDT (US)     16 / 118  
Darkelves, Day 5

My... army... is... exhausted...

-zzzzzzzz-
posted 08-27-13 10:44 PM EDT (US)     17 / 118  
The scout found some interesting new destination but we already set our sight on a target.

ts

posted 08-29-13 03:48 PM EDT (US)     18 / 118  
late log

The Black Horde, Day 5

Found some pesky elves in our way. Ordered my army to crush them and wait for reinforcements on site.
"You are all aware of the penalty of failure."

ts
posted 08-29-13 06:29 PM EDT (US)     19 / 118  
Bit of a dilemma:

My youngest son tossed my laptop on the ground and now the screen is broken.

Two options:

1. Wait till its fixed and then play my turn. This might take awhile as I'll be cashing in my warranty, probably a week or two.

2. Play on my old laptop and generate a restart. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if I didn't have two battles planned for this next turn, though in all honesty, both are small stacks of level 1s against my strongest units, so victory is basically a certainty.

I'll go with your preferences, either wait and delay the game or generate a restart now and a restart later when I switch back to my good laptop.

James.
posted 09-02-13 11:42 PM EDT (US)     20 / 118  
Looks like my warranty won't pay for the repairs so I might just be buying a new laptop instead. In any case, its gonna be an indefinite delay and I don't want this game to get hung up, so I generated a restart. Sorry.

Darkelves, Day 6

Today we felt confident enough to split our party and attack two different targets. It was helpful that they were only level 1s and that there was only 1 ranged unit between the two, so the battles were not too bloody for us. Tomorrow we are in range of a healing site, which we need to visit before we fight any more.
posted 09-04-13 01:46 AM EDT (US)     21 / 118  
Got help just in time to take on an outpost. On the opposite side of the land, the heroes and I were having a tough time against the dwarven infantries.

ts

posted 09-04-13 09:43 PM EDT (US)     22 / 118  
The Black Horde, Day 6

Another Camp Site explored. "I must possess all, or I possess nothing!"

ts
posted 09-07-13 03:24 AM EDT (US)     23 / 118  
Looks like my warranty won't pay for the repairs so I might just be buying a new laptop instead.
you didn´t tell them it was your laptop which your son smashed, did you ?
it obviously was your best friend´s laptop... !?
come on...

posted 09-09-13 08:05 AM EDT (US)     24 / 118  
Darkelves Day 7

Today I visited a healing site. Noticing a magic vault on the adjacent hex, I engaged it and found that I was healed a second time simply from walking away from the site after the battle. This was a nice bonus as it saved me move points that I would use walking back one hex and then forward again. Because of this I was able to reach a ruin where I gained gold and a useful item.

In laptop news, I've actually ordered a part and plan on fixing it myself. This should prove to be less than a third the cost of repairs or buying a new one.
posted 09-09-13 10:12 PM EDT (US)     25 / 118  
Took down an outpost. Explored more to the west.

ts

posted 09-10-13 10:05 AM EDT (US)     26 / 118  
The Black Horde, Day 7

Finally, a combat spell! That was difficult...
"Yes, Sorceress! Stoning! Mine! Now, and forever!"

ts
posted 09-15-13 00:30 AM EDT (US)     27 / 118  
Drow, Day 8

Freed some prisoners from their crow cages... by killing them! The gold and items they left us were greatly appreciated.

Apologies for another restart, but I am happy to be playing on my newly fixed good laptop. Should be good from now on, unless it gets smashed again.
posted 09-15-13 01:42 AM EDT (US)     28 / 118  
we decided to go for a camp whose inhabitants sent note from afar that they´re willing to join!
And WHOever they are - we need them!
Else, the next town´s defences might decimate us too much to further proceed.

TS

posted 09-15-13 08:17 PM EDT (US)     29 / 118  
Spotted the dark elf lady herself on the move. Too soon for a clash..

ts

posted 09-16-13 10:38 PM EDT (US)     30 / 118  
The Black Horde, Day 8

No news in Eternia except that Swolte made a level: Healing! Much appreciated!!

ts
posted 09-18-13 11:01 AM EDT (US)     31 / 118  
Darkelves, Day 9

So the Archons can see us, can they? We can't see them, which means they are spying on us, an act of aggression. Hopefully they will properly introduce themselves so as to ease tensions between us.

In other news we added several new units courtesy of our burgeoning press gang.
posted 09-18-13 12:41 PM EDT (US)     32 / 118  
We took control of our first Town! In the middle of it a mighty tower reaches far towards the sky - it will serve as our wizards tower as of today!

(In that battle I tried to seduce a Pixie Warrior. With two entanglers, I managed to keep him entangled for approx 20 turns - rather more than that.
It was impossible to seduce him with 20+ attempts while entangle worked quite often (every third attempt).
Any information whether Pixie Entanglers are generally immune to seduction (due to whatever reason - they have no willpower) would be welcome. I can hardly believe that it was sheer bad luck. At the end of the day, our druid bit the dust for the last entangle didn´t work and the Warrior hit three times in a row and brought him down

TS

posted 09-20-13 11:03 PM EDT (US)     33 / 118  
The Black Horde, Day 9

A new income structure is added to our extracting facilities portfolio.
«This land, these people, they are nothing to me! The universe is power - pure, unstoppable power! And I am that force, I am that power!»

ts

According to the informations I have, Entangle and Seduce both check vs RES (which the Pixie has a lot), so that kind of statistics wouldn't make much sense. Can't recall trying to seduce a Pixie Warrior lately, though.
I have a similar background history with Doom Bats: they are easy to entangle (vs RES) and to entrap (vs DEF, according to my informations) but very hard to enslave (vs DEF, idem).
posted 09-23-13 10:10 AM EDT (US)     34 / 118  
Darkelves Day 10

Our tenth day in these lands saw us reunited with another settlement of our fellow drow. They welcome me as their rightful ruler, and with their help I shall establish a colony of my power before turning my thoughts to the building of ships to return home.
posted 09-23-13 12:28 PM EDT (US)     35 / 118  
it seems we were not the only one thinking about building ships to return home...our shipyard is in production...
a lizard and a newly gained spider bit the dust for a power node - a bearable loss for a valuable gain.
another village joined us so I think we can start to call ourselves the rightful rulers of that damned swampy area!

TS

posted 09-23-13 08:42 PM EDT (US)     36 / 118  
The dark queen seems quite temperamental. I have yet to see her though.. Our scout fled in terror at the sight of her domain and that's all we know about her right now.

In the mean time, we'll soon be in contact with the dark... dude.

ts

posted 09-27-13 10:16 AM EDT (US)     37 / 118  
The Black Horde, Day 10

Two Magic Catalysts, could it be possible?... That would be a huge boost! Let's give it a try and go for something really ambitious.

«Dude?? You fool! I am Skeletor, master of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye, chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull!»

ts
posted 09-27-13 02:23 PM EDT (US)     38 / 118  
Darkelves, Day 11

Spotted a cat wandering near our borders. Flew right past and snatched an outpost. Probably going to tick off the neighbours...
posted 10-02-13 00:55 AM EDT (US)     39 / 118  
The Black Horde, Day 11

The Catalyst provided a 3 turns advantage to our research. Still plenty to go.

ts
posted 10-02-13 01:57 AM EDT (US)     40 / 118  
TS (obviously)

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Lost - Shipwrecked feat JamesEde, Morgul, Naeco and Albinscott
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames