You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Marlene's Laughter [PawelS-luke811-Charx-Albaron-Gwenio-The Groll-ibobs-Henrysix]
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11  Next Page »
posted 07-21-10 05:44 PM EDT (US)   
Codes for player headlines:

[b][c=yellow]Roderik - Hobbits, day [/c][/b]
[b][c=c06030]Norgakay - Nomads, day [/c][/b]
[b][c=tan]Dwark Eisenaxt - Dwarves, day [/c][/b]
[b][c=pink]Wehrkatze Tatze - Tigrans, day [/c][/b]
[b][c=lightblue]Sedna Eiswind - Frostlings, day [/c][/b]
[b][c=red]Häuptling Nugor - Orcs, day [/c][/b]
[b][c=lime]Meisa die Weise - Elves, day [/c][/b]
[b][c=magenta]Grak die Klinge - Shadow Demons, day [/c][/b]

image by The Groll

Turn order:

Roderik - Hobbits PawelS (pstrz at o2 dot pl) sub Eagleman (eagle35 at clearwire dot net)
Norgakay - Nomads luke811 (notmyrealmsn_1 at hotmail dot com)
Dwark Eisenaxt - Dwarves Charx (Charx at gmx dot net)
Wehrkatze Tatze - Tigrans Albaron (albaron dot aow at gmail dot com)
Sedna Eiswind - Frostlings Gwenio (urulokiurae at gmail dot com) sub naecO (nguyen dot huyhai at gmail dot com)
Häuptling Nugor - Orcs The Groll (The_Groll at gentlemansclub dot de)
Meisa die Weise - Elves ibobs (ibobs at hotmail dot com)
Grak die Klinge - Shadow Demons Henrysix (henrysix at aol dot com) sub Oleg (oleg1996 at yahoo dot com)

Game options:

You can choose any game option you like, but I recommend an immortal wizard or option 2 ("capture the flag").

Special rules:

1. Don't attack at the same turn as you accept peace.
2. If you resurrect an enemy hero or unit, you have to disband it after the battle.
3. Don't use the Shadow Shift ability or spell.
4. Don't cast the mastery spells.
5. It's a semi-blind game, now when the password is revealed you can take a look at the map in the editor (as I did), but don't consult the map before making your moves.
6. Don't trade spells.
7. Don't trade items by diplomacy (but you can trade them by leaving them on the ground so the other player can pick them up).

Settings:

Allied Victory - ON
Build Outpost - OFF
Item Teleportation - OFF
Surrender - OFF
Teleportation Gates - OFF

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.

[This message has been edited by PawelS (edited 08-09-2012 @ 10:32 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08-23-13 02:49 AM EDT (US)     401 / 429  
bump

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. David´s Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marlene´s_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team
posted 08-23-13 05:34 AM EDT (US)     402 / 429  
Real soon... I started to play it. BTW, I told of the delay in the info thread.

Spell check failed - not enough mana
posted 08-24-13 10:00 PM EDT (US)     403 / 429  
Roderick, Day 47

The Fierce leaves The Hafen with a strong guard left behind. These Infidels are really starting to annoy him !

He now sets forth on a new mission to take back my Kingdom.

We need more gold, much more gold ! ! !

TS
posted 09-02-13 10:23 AM EDT (US)     404 / 429  
The monsters keep comming and we somehow got a magic servant in the realm of the shadow demons. We question ourselves what kind of magic caused this event.

Negociation with the frostlings continues.

TS

__
having trouble with Age of wonders and ending/saving turns, but i think this turn works and the PBEM can continue

What tastes like chicken? Precious ? Yes !
Chicken does, but so does turkey. It means they are all
against us, how else would explain such an inconsistency ?

You ,you're against me, at least I know that.

The universe smiles wicked, hungry smile at us, but through bars, mind you.

[This message has been edited by Luke811 (edited 09-02-2013 @ 10:24 AM).]

posted 09-04-13 02:05 PM EDT (US)     405 / 429  
ts
posted 09-04-13 04:18 PM EDT (US)     406 / 429  
Wehrkatze Tatze - Tigrans, day 47

We faced an attack of area guards in the night. No losses on our side. The area guards are no more.

A new hero joined and we found another city. Very promising.

TS

A Proud Member of the Unofficial Patch Team
posted 09-04-13 08:56 PM EDT (US)     407 / 429  
Signed the peace treaty with the Nomad. We should be getting along just well.

Some mysterious force summoned us to the Shadow world. It looks like a gathering of some sort as I can see many other kingdoms' presentative too.

ts

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 09-05-13 06:57 AM EDT (US)     408 / 429  
ts

Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. David´s Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marlene´s_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
posted 09-13-13 09:02 AM EDT (US)     409 / 429  
Grak die Klinge - Shadow Demons

Some priceless knowledge was gained in the Magic University explaining my role in this world, giving clues to why it is diying. If it is true, maybe there is something I can do.

I asked the neighbours to stop this Magic Servants karyoky party :-/ Not in my backyard, please!!

ts

posted 09-14-13 03:45 AM EDT (US)     410 / 429  
Roderick, Day 48

TS

Note: This map is really getting to be beyond me. I just finally got to the point where I was able to think about taking, another important city close to my HQ, and not only is there no way I could have the 4700 gold pieces, to buy an Elite Hero, Cyclops, and Angel team etc. But, as soon as I even check the prices of the small, and really worthless groups to purchase around them, strong area guard packs start to appear like manna falling from the skies in ancient times. And the Elite team in the center joins them ( even though they are supposedly friendly to me and willing to join ) so I can't even buy them, I have to kill them, and be happy with a couple of weapons I gain , I guess ? ? ? I don't know that even if I brought my one good Hero, and his team, and he won, if there would be much left of my men, after the battle to make it worthwhile. I really hope this is a glitch, like the task I was given in the beginning of the game. I think that maybe 3,000 events is a lot for anyone to keep track of when making a map. I will continue to play, but if you can find a replacement for me that would be great, as everything I do seems to be wrong, and I can't get any traction in the game. It is getting to be too much like work, and I can't really enjoy myself.

[This message has been edited by Eagleman (edited 09-14-2013 @ 03:48 AM).]

posted 09-15-13 08:53 AM EDT (US)     411 / 429  
Hey Eagleman!

I am sorry to read this.
This map contains not 3000 but 5000 events.
I think I know where you are.
Inside the Vollbehrs city complex, right?
You try to buy the main capital city with hero Dior?
I know there are area guard coming up here.

You where warned many times when you get through the main gates of this huge city complex.
And there are warnings wherever you go inside this huge complex.
OK its hard to loose and I know the fight you had because I just play this map as hobbits right now myself.
I send a single messenger to Dior and had the same surprise with the same terrible battles but I only lost one spy/messenger.
the capitol forces and the area guard killed themself while I step back in this battle.

So here we are at a point in my AoWSM maps...
I always say: "Send out spies" to anyone.
I need to confess that I often miss this hint myself and run into traps.
So IO know how hard it is.

I hope my words will help you finding it not to hard.
Some more words.
- This map was not mainly designed to be played in PBEM games.
- The gold the guards of a city want depends on the worth of the city with all its building, the worth of the garrison itself and the worth of the hero with his items.
So sometimes the price seems impossible high BUT it is not my fault because this are AoWSM mechanics.

Of course it is also possible that a price is set by hand via event but not in this case.
You should be happy to be a Hobbit and a peacekeeper.
Your neighbor the Orc can´t but all this fine troops inside this big city complex.

So be happy to be a peacekeeper be able to buy neutral units.

Cheers
The Groll

posted 09-16-13 12:38 PM EDT (US)     412 / 429  
TS

posted 09-18-13 05:15 AM EDT (US)     413 / 429  
ts

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 09-20-13 04:52 AM EDT (US)     414 / 429  
TS

@ Eagleman
About the massive AG spawn near the main capitol of the Vollbehrschen cities.
I think the events work like this (I have not checked but imagine). Every time when you move close to the main central hex there ill be a spawn until you capture the main city.
If you take a own group or single unit and move it to the main central hex and click on move the unit moves and one or two spawns will pop up. If you are close to the main hex and move around and change this unit to this group and that unit to this group there will be another spawn and another and another. Therefore you have so many spawns. When I moved in to this central hex there where only maybe three spawns not that many that you have here now.
I can see you via a seeing pool so I know what we talk about.
I am sad you loose fun and I am sad you will loose this two groups but maybe you have luck the the inner AI army with the Dior hero fight for you.
Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by The Groll (edited 09-20-2013 @ 04:53 AM).]

posted 09-21-13 01:25 PM EDT (US)     415 / 429  
Grak die Klinge - Shadow Demons

Where is the one who ruins this world? Is he really so strong that he shows me no mercy as sages of the Magik University are convinced? Is my fate destined and sealed and tragic? May I need non-shadows dwellers help to defeat the source of the troubles? Keeping asking these questions makes me a paranoid. I doubt everyone and every place I see.
I really need a walk. Maybe moving to a bigger city, albeit Undead, having better facilities will ease my mind.

Meanwhile my forces loot the University, recruiting new allies, gaining me strong spells. Most of other Shadows that I can reach will be conquired tomorrow.

And the party of little magic servants just goes on. Where do they pop in from?? Is it possible that while somewhere mana is turned into solid gold, as a result of that some trees or rocks are turned into magical beings?? I feel that every little thing can be my doom.

ts

ts

posted 09-22-13 08:21 PM EDT (US)     416 / 429  
Roderick, Day 49

TS

Note: I'll give it a shot !
posted 09-24-13 05:11 PM EDT (US)     417 / 429  
Wehrkatze Tatze - Tigrans, day 49

Surprise! Again area guards around. Gladiators! They should entertain the masses in a circus somewhere and not stroll around. This can't be tolerated.

TS

posted 10-02-13 02:00 AM EDT (US)     418 / 429  
What are the Saints doing in this god-forsaken land? Providing a sanctuary? I don't need one. Snow provide me the best sanctuary.

ts

posted 10-03-13 06:50 AM EDT (US)     419 / 429  
TS

posted 11-05-13 04:05 AM EDT (US)     420 / 429  
Bump!

Oleg, you are still there hopefully?

posted 11-09-13 04:16 AM EDT (US)     421 / 429  
ts - I am sorry, I was sure it was sent out ages ago.

posted 11-10-13 06:41 PM EDT (US)     422 / 429  
Roderick, Day 50

Turn Sent.

Note: I tried sending in a small scout in to see if I could get the area guards to fight each other. 3 of the 8 stacks ganged up on him, and the rest never attacked each other.
posted 11-13-13 10:56 PM EDT (US)     423 / 429  
I found a university but the guards wouldn't let my men in without a key. And they were as aggressive as they are academic.. groups and groups of astral guards appeared to plan an ambush in the night. My messenger was not lucky to be alive but his guards didn't let any spirit guards survive either. It looks like this instituation took their caution to a too high level >.>

ts

posted 11-14-13 00:24 AM EDT (US)     424 / 429  
Häuptling Nugor - Orcs, day 50

My brother send me reinforcements form another world!
General Krain arrived through a teleporter gate from the other world.
He offers to join my army and her really brings strong men with him.

TS

posted 01-27-14 03:18 PM EDT (US)     425 / 429  
BUMP

E-Mail sent to Oleg.

posted 01-28-14 02:19 AM EDT (US)     426 / 429  
Hello, guys!

I have posted in the info thread long ago that I quit about all my games. So you will need a sub. I am sorry and wish you all the best.

posted 01-28-14 12:46 PM EDT (US)     427 / 429  
Oh thanks Oleg for the reminder.
we already have a sub. I found Travis in the absence thread and he joined but never received my file.
I send the file to Travis some month ago and now again to his other address.

posted 02-05-14 05:37 PM EDT (US)     428 / 429  
Sorry for the lateness getting to this. It had went to spam. If you remember, I was going to look at the turn to think about subbing. I'll have to decline, I would like to help to get your game moving, but it is just too massive of a game. I cannot wrap my mind around it, coming into it so late.

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings |SM|> #E4ED38 #EBEBEB #CC2D29 #CC29D5
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men |SM|> #DE8EA4 #F09245 #D2BE92 #BDBDE8 #558CDD
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead |SM|> #1DDB38 #83795A #2CAAA4 #AC762A
Colors for AoW1 and AoWSM **A Proud Member of the Unofficial Patch Team!** ~2010 AoWSM PBEM Singles Champion~ http://blog.noblemaster.com/
posted 02-05-14 06:02 PM EDT (US)     429 / 429  
Ah so we'll have to find another sub, who is able to handle XXL map with huge armies. I find my position quite interesting, with certainly the 2nd best army in the game for the moment. I learned the hard way to use scouts in this map though.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Marlene's Laughter [PawelS-luke811-Charx-Albaron-Gwenio-The Groll-ibobs-Henrysix]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames