Please login or register

General Discussion & Suggestions
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Wishes Unanswered
posted 05-16-03 12:23 PM EDT (US)   
Thanks devs for addressing many AOW2 flaws in AOWSM. So far, I believe AOWSM will be awesome for quite a long time. I am too lazy to list all wishes/requests addressed, since there are a lot.

However, there are still Wishes Unanswered.

Also, since AOWSM should be quite in a final stage, I am trimming my wish list to bare essential. All of them are my personal favorites.

1. Each player have different % unit production cost bonus/penalty for Each race
(Very Low, Low, Normal, High, Very High, Extreme, Prohibitive i.e. 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 250%, 500%)
- See **

2. Flexible Hero Template System
- 15 Races * 16+ Classes of individually predefined heroes, stating maximum statistics possible and abilities cannot be attained
- Make hero more specialized, not just the few generic AOW2 hero

3. Multiple Choice Dialog (Knallwinkel)
- Allow RPG-like story development, each unit can talk. Different events and/or next dialog are triggered by player's choice

4. AI Magnet
- allows almost complete control of AI player & Indie units movement & action via Trigger
- How the AI/indie compete with human player can be controlled. This ease a lot of apparent stupidity of AI, no matter how much it's improved in AOWSM

5. Production Queue Event
- Sieze control of Unit Production Queue (including Migration, selling, raze, looping) of AI/Player city, builder guild etc, via Trigger
- Mapmaker can script what is queued under specific situation; and AI Magnet redirect them appropriately afterwards
- Additional option: 'Prevent Human Player override the predetermined queue'. Force them to deal with the situation with limited unit choices. A completely different experience.
- Ease AI stupidty

6.Allow customized StoneWall HP
- High HP Stonewall will provide advanced strategy element for wall crusher/passer/climber/sabotager or flyer/phaser

7. Emperor AI should pick the closest Human Player out and try its best effort to eliminate him
- Emperor AI Player should provide challenge

Some other easier to be done UI requests (to minimize anonyance):
1. 'Move All' button
2. Make scroll of event in Combat work
3. Add "Skip all Animation" option (on top of "Very Fast")
- to speed up TC by excluding effects, AI & player animation; when they eventually get old to the eye
4. Select Wizard by default (by who?)
5. View AutoCombat before knowing the result (Swolte)
6. Fix the tedious Hurry Production

Do you still have some Unanswered Wishes? Post it here!

There are now 15 races in AOWSM and each race should be quite balanced. I would like to see some maps that each player can just use a few selected races thoroughout the game. In AOWSM, I don't want have my army just always consists of the best units from all 5 good races, 5 neutrals, when I am playing good alignment (while the AI and my opponent is doing the same)

If I guess my opponent is restricted to Goblin & Undead only, I can devise the right strategy to fight him (say, if I can only produce Nomad, Frostings and Human).

Climber's Generic MOD v2.x for AOWSM can be downloaded here

Devs please read & implement Concised Wishes Nice to have Wishes for AOWSM Playing Race(es) vs Wizard Ehancing existing units in AOWSM

[This message has been edited by Climber (edited 05-22-2003 @ 02:13 AM).]

Replies:
posted 05-16-03 12:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
I don't know which of my wishes are unanswered, as I haven't had a chance to play the game yet...
posted 05-16-03 01:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
How about:

---Random events happening that can benefit or hurt you?

---many treasure maps where you can find treasure like artifact or gold

posted 05-16-03 04:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
New Addition:

5. Production Queue Event
- Sieze control of Unit Production Queue (including Migration, selling, raze, looping) of AI/Player city, builder guild etc, via Trigger
- Mapmaker can script what is queued under specific situation; and AI Magnet redirect them appropriately afterwards
- Additional option: 'Prevent Human Player override the predetermined queue'. Force them to deal with the situation with limited unit choices. A completely different gaming experience.

Devs please read & implement Concised Wishes Nice to have Wishes for AOWSM Playing Race(es) vs Wizard Ehancing existing units in AOWSM

posted 05-16-03 06:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
I want capital cities with multiple races living in it together.
posted 05-16-03 06:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
Something that comes to mind:

*.*That the devs not forget to include the option to surrender/restart mission( like the surrender option in AoW2 that was added in the patch--serves the same function as restart mission )

*.*That the devs not forget to include the option to view your objectives/briefing( which was added in the patch in AoW2 )

*.*That the devs include an option/a button to view the scenario configurations for the scenario you're playing, that shows the way you set up the game, like simultaneous turns or classic turns, game rules, customized wizard, allied victory on/off, pioneers allowed, etc. well you get the idea.

And damn I had one more point, but I just got a total black out! Maybe later...

posted 05-17-03 00:14 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
Hi Josh, I have noticed you've just posted. Is there any chance that you somehow forward anything I've post on the top post here to the relevant developer? I believe all of them are excellent suggestions and only moderate programming effort is needed for most suggestions.

Thanks a bunch!

I am awared that you've mentioned the '3. MC Dialog' will not be implemented, but let us know if you guys change your mind.

posted 05-17-03 04:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
Being able to play with all races and their wizards in one scenario!!!

[This message has been edited by iceboy (edited 05-17-2003 @ 04:07 PM).]

posted 05-22-03 02:04 AM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
swolte have just say the deadline is close by. So these 7 wishes are my only wishes for AOWSM.

I believe all of them are very reasonable and does not extremely difficult to implement. Yet they will provide immerse diversity to AOWSM.

New Addition:
6. Allow customized StoneWall HP
- High HP Stonewall will provide advanced strategy element for wall crusher/passer/climber/sabotager or flyer/phaser

7. Emperor AI should pick the closest Human Player out and try its best effort to eliminate him
- Emperor AI should provide challange

[This message has been edited by Climber (edited 05-22-2003 @ 02:13 AM).]

posted 05-25-03 11:04 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
I think it'd help if they made units look bigger on the battlefield map!
posted 05-26-03 07:56 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
maybe I haven't discovered it up to now but is it possible to exchange units with out ally? I think gold, mana, structures, towns, mines, nodes all is possible but don't think I have seen units. Units would be a cool feature and would help to increase the bandwidth of tactics.

I also recommend to add a delay of maybe 2 days until these units appear in the wizard town of ally to reduce cheating/abuse by fast unit transfer.

[This message has been edited by alja (edited 05-26-2003 @ 07:57 AM).]

posted 05-26-03 10:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
I just want to be able to see opponent moves in my territory during PBEM games.
posted 05-26-03 11:37 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
I was thinking of a storyline easier newbie entry thing. Where like the first mission you could only do a little bit. Then with each additional mission you could do more? I think that would help the daunting interface and non newbie friendly screens. Also a story based mission would rock the house.

Oh yes, and easier multiplayer would be nice .

Gone Hardcore
posted 05-27-03 03:48 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
This is a new wish, but (as I mentioned in another thread) I want a "RESOLVE" button that you can push during tactical combat to finish the remaining part in FC mode. In single player, you could do this at any time; in multiplayer, you could only push the button if combat has gone for 4 rounds without any attacks.

-Cherry

posted 01-05-04 04:37 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
I agree with the dialog idea. Also, can we have 'betrayal?'
Like, you enlist a Hero, but the A.I. can secretly bribe him/her (and vice versa)to rebel against you? And same with units?

Rich or poor or famous for
Your truth it's all the same - oh no - oh no
Oh lock your door but rain is pouring
Through your window pane - oh no -
Yeah, baby now your struggle's all vain
Hammer to Fall (Queen)
posted 01-06-04 08:58 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
This is cruel!
They let you guys go on and on making suggestions for v1.3. (I like a lot of them, btw. Good summary, Climber).

However, see the reply we've got from Josh in this thread, on (what I think is) a minor change for v1.3. (Selectable AI-Wizards in RMG):
Here's the quote:

Quoted from Josh AoW:

It's highly unlikely that there will be any large additions in a new patch. There simply does not exist the resources (time & money) to implement and test new features at this time. Sorry to dump cold water on this thread, but I didn't want people to be disappointed by expecting a large-scale patch. Ideas involving new features or major changes probably belong in an AoW3/AoWexpansion thread...

Alas

But perhaps someone from Triumph can clarify what the status & scope of the v1.3 patch is, so our posts are not in vein.

- What will be adressed in the patch? (bugs|balance|other)
- Would you still need -relevant- input for this patch?

Thanks,
Cranach

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » General Discussion & Suggestions » Wishes Unanswered
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames