Fan Fiction and Art
Moderated by Lady Arcola, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Adventurer's Corner- The Oncoming Storm- Book Two
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
posted 07-22-06 12:30 PM EDT (US)   
Welcome to Adventurer's Corner, BFME2H's big story thread.
If you are a new writer comming into this story please post your description and idea of how you want to enter the story in the discussion thread. We will work you into the story from there. Thanks so very much.

Continuation of the Adventurer's Corner story, Book II.

The Discussion thread- a place to discuss where we are going, questions, suggestions, ETC. Also contains a feature called 'Frodo watch'- Where the fellowship of the ring is at the time- and where we are in middle earth.
Adventurer's Corner part 1- the Fellowship of the North- Part one of the Fellowship of the North's journey
Charecters
Posting Information:
Post all actions in the story in bold and all comments in normal text.
Sometimes the group will be spilt into 2, 3 or even 4 parts which will can make following the story hard, so when this happens the other group or groups will type in different colour from the main one. You shall be allocated your groups by either the person who split you from the rest of the group, or me

Current groups:
[bThe Black Hand is currently typed in Dark Red
No one is posting in Dark Blue
Characters Sobet and Flame are currently typed in Green
All others are typed in black.
Here is the code[c=dark blue] !!Text!! [/c]
[c=dark green] !!Text!! [/c]
[c=dark red] !!Text!! [/c]
It is also suggested that before you post something very long, put a post that says "I'm doing the next bit" or "typing..." and then edit it in later. That way it avoids simultaneous posting.

Joining:
When you want to join in make sure you read from the start so you get a good idea of what's going on, and then fill this out so we know about your character. Once this is done it will be added to the main post with the rest of them. Co-ordinate your entrance with the other writers in the discussion thread and post away!

Forum Name:
Name:
Class:
Appearance: Description or link to picture
History:
Personality:
Skills:
Magic: If any. Note, this is Tolkien, not Warhammer or somthing. Magic is seldom used, and also must be fairly small scale. I'm taking it on a case-by-case basis.
Inventory: IE Weapons, Armour, Rings and stuff, camping material, backpack to carry it all.

Descriptions for the Characters are in their own thread, maintained by Lady A

Let the journey continue.

*~*Voted best thread in the 1st Bi-annual BFME2H forum awards, 2006*~*
¦~*~Voted best thread in the 2nd Bi-annual BFME2H forum awards, 2007 ~*~¦

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 05-26-2007 @ 08:18 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-22-06 02:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 408  
EDIT

.:|Smeagol|:.
World in Conflict Heaven Cherub
Battle For Middle-earth II Heaven Replay Reviewer and Ledgend

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness.
Oh, I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life...

[This message has been edited by Smeagolfan24 (edited 02-15-2007 @ 05:01 PM).]

posted 07-22-06 04:49 PM EDT (US)     2 / 408  
This contonues Adventurer's corner from where we left off, as we're now into part two. Look at the first thread if you want to know how to do it

posted 07-22-06 05:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 408  
Cool, I assume this time is going yo be a bit more, shall we say, dramatic, as The Two Towers less "happy-go-lucky" than the Felloewship of the Ring.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 07-22-06 08:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 408  
As some of the Fellowship made their way to nice warm beds, Bartok decided to enjoy himself. He believed in his vision, and had decided what he would do when the time came.
Bartok was well through his second keg of mead, when it occured to him that he must do something with his Ring of Power. He grabbed his warhammer, and headed to the town forge.

As Bartok reached the forge, he found the blacksmith passed out with his head on the shop counter. Bartok passed by him, and started stoking the forge. His metal arm was heat resistant, and so Bartok drew the flames up higher and higher. As the forge began to glow with the intense heat, Bartok placed his enchanted ring in his metal left hand, and immersed it in the coals. He left it there for many minutes, until he could feel the heat starting to penetrate his metal arm. As Bartok drew out the ring, he placed it atop the metal forge, and started crushing it with his enchanted warhammer. Time and again, Bartok slammed the hammer down on the ring. Slowly the ring lost its shape, and became a flat piece of metal.

As Bartok cast it aside, he felt a piece of him fade. Although he seldom used it, he and the ring had formed a bond.

Bartok next went to the town armory, and left placed his magical warhammer and his throwing axes amidst a pile of other weapons. Next, Bartok went to Sobet's room.

As Bartok entered the room, he found the young Hobbit teaching a game of "skulls" to Scar. The Uruk seemed to be catching on, but Bartok knew that Sobet was toying with him. The game, played with a half dozen mouse skulls painted with numbers was a popular gambling game in the Shire, but none in the Fellowship had been willing to play against Sobet after he had taken them each for a few dozen gold coins.

Seeing Bartok enter the room, Sobet stopped mid-roll.

"Ah Bartok, come to lose some gold to me?" said Sobet, a smile upon his face.

"Nay, but to bestow a gift. I want you to have these."

With that, Bartok drew his twin drakestooth short swords and gave them to Sobet.

Sobet confusedly asked, "Why are you giving these away?"

"Now is not the time for questions. I simply did you to take these gifts and used them well."

Now Sobet was truly concerned for his friend. However, by the time he had bent down to retrieve the short swords, Bartok had rushed off, and vanished.

Life is full of challenges. You can either step up to them, or step out of the way. The ones who step up, are the ones who will someday rule the world.
posted 07-22-06 10:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 408  
The game of skulls was quickly finished with Scar, and Aobet was left alone in his room. The halfling needed to be alone with no one around right now. It was the first time he could really reflect on what had happened in Erebor and put his weapons down. One image kept replaying over and over in his mind. Ikawi focusing that beam of light, striking Gamush, and Gamush falling. This was unbearable.

Gamush had slayed the Bree patrol. Gamush had tortured him endlessly in the Dungeons of Shaman Deep, Gamush had done that binding spell, Gamush had made him kill all of those people in Bree and the surrounding villages. It was in Gamush's hands the "Annointed Blade" had severed the life of men, women, and children. It was Gamush who had made ?Sobet's life a living hell, and it was Sobet who had killed him, drove his blade deep into Gamush's throat. It was Sobet who slaid the four Shamen and sat, bathed in their blood until nightfall to make sure they were still dead. It was Sobet who would kill them now that they were alive.

Now Gamush was dead. Killed by that bastard son of a bitch traitor elf they called Ikawi. If he couldn't kill Gamush, he'd do the next best thing. It was time for the Annointed Blade to once again rise, as hhe had felt the sensation stir within him again during the battle with Klaltoth. This time though, it wouldn't the the blood of the innocents that darkened his blade, it would be the black blood of the evil races, the orcs and the servants of Mordor, the enemies of all the free people's of Middle Earth.

Sobet shed his green cloack and clothes he had gotten in Mirkwood. He stepped over to a small boc he had stolen from Shaman Deep. It was a magically enchanted box, containg more space inside than the space it took up. Out of it he drew the dark grey claock of stealth, the studded leather armor, enchanted to the strength of chainmail, the black gloves, and the belt full of daggers. He strapped the drakestooth short swords given to him by Bartok around his waist, and fitted his eyepatch on. Sobet walked out of his room and was greeted by Felanil in the hall a few minutes later. At his new wardrobe Felanil asked, "New look?" Sobet just smiled and shrugged.

The Black Hand was in a good mood at Sauron's defeat at Erebor. He was busy looking over his plans on possibly creating a hatchery to breed more of his dragon steeds. A trembling goblin walked into the room and removed his helm. "Master," he began, and having not been killed already he proceeded, "there's a group of orcs here to see you." A sneer was all he got from the busy leader, and the goblin quickly scrambled out of the room. Black Hand realized he had been generous in letting the goblin live. He'd have to kill the pitiful creature later.

The door burst open and Black Hand looked up with fire in his eyes. A dead goblin was tossed to the floor at his feet, and Hand realized who these orcs were. Their leader storde up to Black Hand and dropped to one knee, a feat that surprised the powerful commader, the orc's reputation for arrogance preceeding him. Gamush stood up again and said in a calm tone, "I have a proposition for you."

Black Hand didn't say anything and Gamush continued, "I was recently, uh, killed, by one of Sauron's minions, and I consider all of our ties broken. Thus I would like to offer the service of the Four Shamen to you and swear fealty, and to follow your command." At the end of this sentence, Gamush moved ever so imperceptibly and the other three shamen dropped to one knee and bowed their heads. Nlack Hand had no emotion on his face and asked Gamush, "And what would I be doing for you?" Gamush smiled and said, "Help me kill Ikawi of course."

John, you can either accept Gamush's proposal or decline it, as I have plans for him either way.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 07-23-06 00:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 408  
Black Hand smiled inspite of himself. He hadn't liked the idea of Ikawi spying on him, and had been happy to see him leave. Hand owed allegiance to Morgoth only.

"Very well, I think I have just the item to assist you in destroying the elf once and for all." Hand motioned towards a black chest in the corner. Gamush started that way, adn Hand stopped him. "Oh no, don't touch it." Said Hand, without any true concern in his voice. "The item within that chest is equally fatal to you as well. However, I know of an enchantment that will allow you to wield the weapon, and strike down the elf once and for all. But first, I have need of your magics."

Gamush was distracted by the chest, but turned to face Black Hand.

"Our magics? Surely the abilities you possess..."

"Oh no, my friend, your magic comes from nature, and it is that connection that I no longer possess. Morgoth can only destroy, but I need something grown."

"Very well, what do you need of us?"

Hand smiled evilly, "I have a nursery across the courtyard, and in it are hundreds of young ents. I need them aged. I have already corrupted them, but your own skills would have them ready for war in months. Go and cast your magics, then I will cast the enchantment upon you, and you will be more than prepared to slay the elf."

Gamush nodded. "Very well...master."

"Good. I expect it to take a few hours for the spell to take effect, return when it is finished."

Life is full of challenges. You can either step up to them, or step out of the way. The ones who step up, are the ones who will someday rule the world.

[This message has been edited by Johndisp (edited 07-23-2006 @ 00:37 AM).]

posted 07-23-06 05:51 AM EDT (US)     7 / 408  
Flame had survived the battle, but his already damaged armour had been destroyed. His face was burning, and all he had left was Mardoths blade. "I will go to get healed somehow, and then I shall find out why this blade seems to have this strange, painful effect." He told himself while lying on a bed in the room that was given to him.

He got up and started to make his way towards the room Raina was staying at, he knew that if anyone could help him, she could. He carried the large blade he stole from Mardoth. "Im tired of calling it 'Mardoths blade'! I am going to name it!" he told himself. He studied the blade. It was large, sharp, and the metal had a red hue. The hilt had swirls of gold all over it, and various rubies were contained were the swirls ended. "I will call you... Inferno. Yes, Flame and Inferno, I like it." He smiled and continued towards Rainas lodging.

He arrived and knocked on the door. He heard some shifting, and after a few seconds the door opened, and Raina was standing before him looking tired. "What is it, Flame?" she asked.

"My scars, they have been burning ever since they were inflicted. I think Mardoths blade have cursed the wounds or something."

"Let me take a look at it, and I will tell you whats wrong." said Raina, and she started to inspect the scars.

After about 15 minutes, Raina sighed and stopped. "There isnt anything I can do for you. I think you should go see Eruco. Goodnight." she said, and walked off.

Flame walked towards Erucos lodgings. He reached it and knocked on the door. Almost as soon as he knocked the door was open. "Hello Eruco, I... Um... My scars have felt like they were burning ever since they were inflicted can you find out whats wrong?"

"I will take a look, Flame. This was Mardoths blade that caused it, right?"

"Yes, now can we just get on with it?"

Eruco studied the scars. He then said some various words that Flame could not understand. He then stood up, and Flame did the same.

"Im sorry Flame, there isnt anything I can do. You will have to bear with the pain for around five years. I am sorry."

Flame was shocked. "Ah... OK..." he said quietly, and then slowly made his way back to his lodgings.

"Damn you Inferno. Atleast your on my side now." he said softly, and went to sleep.

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
posted 07-23-06 06:36 AM EDT (US)     8 / 408  
The Blind Ikawi sat still upon his perch atop the Tower at Barad-dûr. He tickled himself with the thought of the pain he caused Eruco. However he longed for battle, he wanted to wield weapons again and fight with his hands. Sauron would not let him, he said his time would come.

So Ikawi set a new target to wage mental warfare with. As his mind searched around the Fellowship he found one face he remembered, Flame. Ikawi seeped into the mind of the sleeping warrior and began to scan around. He found a trigger that would hurt Flame and he snet him into a dream:

Flame's nostrils tingled with the smell of breakfast. He stretched and wiped the sleep from his eyes. He made his way into the kitchen area of his home as his mother was scurrying about the kitchen, doing various tasks. A crude horn boomed in the distance, his mother froze and dropped a bowl she was carrying.

His father rushed into their home and grabbed a sword. Flame tried to ask what was happening but he was ignored. His brother also stumbled into the kitchen wondering what was taking place. His father ran out with a look on his face that cannot be described. Flame peered out the window and saw a band of horrible creatures resembling Men making their way to his village. Once they reached the outskirts of the village they began to wreak havoc. They killed men, women, and children without remorse or any second though. They destroyed everything in their path, and in mere minutes they reached the last house in the village, Flame's house.

A particularly nasty Orc barged into his home, he snorted and grabbed his crying mother. The Orc placed his rusty blade against her neck and snarled, "Hey boy! Watch this!" With a slow ruthless drag he cut a wide gash into Flame's mother's throat. Blood ran down her throat, ruining his clothes. She fell down, with a gargling noise emitting from the hole in her throat.

Flame saw this in his dream play over and over, each time it had more detail and more gore. After the sixth replay the dream continued. The Orc threw an axe at the smallest sibling in the house. The blade lodged itself square in Flame's brother's forehead. His brother fell back, splitting his skull and spilling the insides. Again this replayed with more detail.

The Orc turned to Flame, Flame tried to move but his feet were frozen. The Orc crudely sliced both arms off of Flame. The Orc raised his weapon but then stopped. His face shifted into the face of Ikawi. The Orc said, "Why couldn't you have joined me? We can rule by Sauron's side. We need you Flame... There is still time, if you want to join me send me a signal... Hunt down an owl and kill it. If you do this then I will contact you again." The Orc said that in a calm normal voice. Then he snapped in a crude snarl, "Now feel my pain!" The blade came down across Flame's eyes, blinding him

Flame felt a pain behind his eyes as he shot up from his dream. He began to scream, "I'm blind!" But his vision soon faded back to him.

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)
2.Last of the Istari(Abandoned)

Proud Recipient of the Tolkien Award

[This message has been edited by Boddah (edited 07-23-2006 @ 06:53 AM).]

posted 07-23-06 05:31 PM EDT (US)     9 / 408  
The hall was exactly how he remembered it- silver, long and frescos lining the walls. He marvelled at them once again as he walked down the aisles. He stopped at the place where the picture of himself and the bearded man with the sword were standing infront of a large black stone building of some sort. But this time it had changed.
It was empty. The slab had been taken out and was leaning against the wall with two other paintings. Elesser looked over them curiusly before trying to lift the fresco that was in place last time. But it was too heavy.

"You can't do that alone," an elderly voice said. Elesser jumped, turned around drawing his blade and saw an old man, with a white shining beard and dressed in a white cloak of some sort.
"Who are you?" Elesser demanded.
"I think the real question is who are you?" the old man replied. "Are you heroic? Greedy? Lustful? Or faithful?"
Elesser shook his head- this made no sence.
"Did you remove this?" he asked. The man made no answer for a while, closing his eyes breifly.
"Times have changed," he said finally. "What was certain to happen is now only a possibility. The future you saw on the wall last time may never be. It is up to inderviduals to choose which future will be the outcome, for no one will be unimportaint, from the smallest child to the mightiest of Kings, in this conflict."
"But who are you?" Elesser asked again. The old man smiled and faded away into thin air. But a voice sighed in the air as he went.
"Illuvatar..."

Suitibly mysterius, methinks

posted 07-23-06 06:59 PM EDT (US)     10 / 408  
I apologize for my incredible inactivity.

Valandil sighed slowly as he surveyed the wreckage of Laketown. The buildings that remained standing had a depressed, saddened look about them. So much damage had been inflicted, and so many lives had been changed. Thinking to himself, "Yet, that is why I, why we, fight Sauron: to stop this needless destruction. Our fellowship may be the deciding factor in this war." Lapsing into muddled thoughts, Valandil turned toward the inn where the Fellowship was staying.

As Valandil walked into the warm, well lit inn, a boisterous chatter greeted him. Several people were dancing to a merry tune, while others looked on, some clapping the beat. The Elf examined the room, and saw several members of the Fellowship sitting around a table near the large, inviting fireplace. Striding toward the table, Valandil passed a group of rowdy Dwarves. They had seemingly consumed too much mead, and were pounding on the table for more. Hoping that the table would survive their heavy blows, Valandil continued toward his friends.

"Valandil my friend, come here, and join us for a drink or two." Spawn called out to the approaching Elf, sluring his words together. "The beer is especially good." The great tankard Spawn had been holding fell to the table with a heavy thud.

"I'll have to pass this time; I would rather keep my wits about me." Valandil commented in a dry voice.

"My wits are just as fine as they have every been." Spawn protested. "In fact, I feel better then ever. I could even start singing." Then, in a rolling voice, the giant began to sing an unrecognizable song.

"Humans..." muttered Mardain, shaking his head. "Will they ever learn?"

"Most likely not, why do you think Elves and Dwarves were created?" Valandil asked in a joking voice. A long conversation discussing the virtues and vices various races ensued, ending only when the two retired for the night.

Aeneas l BFME2 Heaven l WiC Heaven
"The most important thing is to remember to have fun! After all, what else could be the point of nuking your friends?" - Cheesewiz

[This message has been edited by Aeneas2 (edited 07-23-2006 @ 08:46 PM).]

posted 07-23-06 10:23 PM EDT (US)     11 / 408  
It was late at night. Many of the fellowship had retired for the night. Only the occasional footsteps pierced the stale silence. Estrenton woke up. His head was in pain. Several aches were in his body. Presumably from the arrow wounds. He thought. He heard footsteps. "Who's there?" He called weakly. The figure walked in. It was Raina.

"Unbelievable, you're awake." Estrenton smiled weakly. "I doubt I'll be awake much longer, I need the rest." Raina nodded. "If I may...why did you strain yourself? Why did you go to that bridge?" Estrenton shook his head. "Because I thought I was going to die." Raina looked puzzled. "You see Raina...When those arrows hit me, I felt something. Something like being...drained. Those arrows did something to me. I have yet to figure out what, but my strength faded from me almost instantly." Raina raised an eyebrow. "But you were struck by four arrows. Surely that would have diminished your strength." Estrenton shook his head. "I have been struck by arrows many a time before. These arrows were tainted with something. Like a poison, or maybe some sort of enchantment. All I know is that I thought I was going to die, and that I wanted to protect my friends. But the strain was too much, and I was blinded by my own rage. The moment I raised my body off the ground, I knew I had gone too far. But I couldn't stop. I surged forward with what was left of me and blocked a bridge causeway, saving Spawn and Flame from a difficult if not fatal battle."

Raina nodded a solemn nod. Estrenton smiled a weak smile. "Do not trouble yourself with my woes. Look to your own. Take care of those you love, I rest assured that Eruco will be happy as long as you are at his side..." Raina could not answer. Estrenton had closed his eyes and gone back to sleep. His wounds were bandaged up. His armor had been taken to the dwarven smithy to be repaired. She wondered if he would approve of his armors repair...

Scotty the Fallen | One-time Angel Reincarnate, and Former BFME2H and TWH Downloads administrator, and BFME2 Strategy Administrator.
"And I shall go softly into the night, taking my dreams, as will you." - EoJ
"Scotty's probably the only forumer here who can make every post a defiant claim of his own superiority." - Atzy

[This message has been edited by SuicidalScotsman (edited 07-23-2006 @ 10:58 PM).]

posted 07-23-06 10:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 408  
Raina slowly closed the door to Estrenton room. They had worked for hours over the fallen elf. Pulkit working in turns with her had pulled the poison out of his body.

The arrows had been dipped in a poison that Raina had never seen. But Pulkit had... it was a poison from the age of Morgoth and it was the knowledge of the poison that had saved Estrenton’s life.

Raina walked on and paused to look in on Felanil, who slept soundly and peacefully. A smile spilled across her tired face.
So many questions had been answered when she had talked with him. She was glad he had understood her love for him.

He had excepted the love that she had left to give, it was equal to the love she bore Faramir and Boromir her cousins. Raina knew Felanil had come to realize that she would never love him more than that and finally he had come to understand the promise of love that had been made between Eruco and Rania.

At the thought of Eruco she slipped back into the dark and walked down the quiet hall towards where she knew he had been given a room. She had seen his look of pain. When she had walked up behind him on the battle field, she had felt him stiffen as she started to hug him and then slowly she had felt him respond. Knowing that she may have been the cause of that pain quickened her footsteps.

Gently pushing the door open she peered into the dark room.
No sound came from within… no gentle sleeping breathing could be heard. In fact no sound at all escaped from the darkness.

Walking into the room she realized that it was empty and her heart fell and her spirit sank. Not knowing where to look for Eruco, Raina slipped back out and gazed down the long hall. She felt her hand unconsciously grasp the amulet and tear she had around her neck.

“My tear!.... Oh Eruco!.... I am wearing the symbol of my love for you!” the thought burned through Raina’s mind.

Now the door to the outside loomed ahead of her, pushing it open she stepped out into the cool night air. The wounded town slept in the darkness, and only soft moans of pain could be heard now and again as Raina walked past the buildings towards the town hall. Knowing from the last time she was there that the last buildings were coming into view, she quickened her steps.

Alone on the dock of the town hall she could just make out a figure standing in a swirl of cloak, hood obstructing the face. Hoping it was Eruco she began to run.

«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»
Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 07-24-2006 @ 01:18 AM).]

posted 07-24-06 02:44 AM EDT (US)     13 / 408  
Lycia moved throughout the plains of Rohan, to Helms Deep. There was a storm brewing.

[This message has been edited by Pyronix (edited 08-08-2006 @ 04:09 AM).]

posted 07-24-06 02:59 AM EDT (US)     14 / 408  
Flame had waited a few minutes for his vision to return after Ikawi had stabbed his eyes. He grabbed Inferno and a small dagger, and walked out of his room. The dream he had was horrible, and Ikawi might have caused it. If he could find Ikawi again, he could possibly get him to give up his life as a servant of Sauron, and come back to be his friend. Or, he could kill him. Either way was good.

He walked down a street until he came to the edge of the town, and he leapt into the water. It was a short swim to the shore. When he reached the shore, he jumped out and started walking away from the town, looking for an owl.

After about an hour, Flame reached a small clump of trees. He heard a strange noise, which he decided must be an owl, even if it was a different noise compared to the noises of the owls he was used to. He looked up into a tree, and found an owl with large eyes staring down at him. He wandered through the clump of trees until he was on the other side of the tree that the owl was on, and the owl thought he had left. He started to climb silently up the tree until he was around two metres away from the bird. He lifted up his dagger and threw it hard. The shard blade pierced its heart, and the bird fell to the ground. Flame retrieved his blade, and waited for a signal. It did not come, so he clambered back up into the tree and fell asleep.

posted 07-24-06 07:51 AM EDT (US)     15 / 408  
This is very long but it has a light fun side toward the end i promise

Eruco stood silently on the dock gazing out across the water in the moonlight. The streets were quiet and the night air offered just the slightest of sounds as a gentle cool breeze glided through the sky. As he stood his mind flashed here and there, past and present. Voices lost and faces missed faded and formed before his very eyes.

The oncoming storm was ever present in his minds eye but for now he tried to block the thoughts from his view.

A presence appeared behind him and he turned slowly to see Raina. She walked over to the wraith neither said any words but Raina let her head rest into his shoulder. Hesitantly Eruco placed his arms around her. They stood in silence for some time, Eruco could not focus on his feelings for her and felt strangely distant from her.

Eventualy she spoke

"Eruco, my love for you is undying. My heart yearns to be joined with yours. Forever will my eyes look toward your soul".

"I too would walk to the very end of Arda to earn the right to stand by your side my love. But Felanil...he loves you also and you him. I am but an ancient doomed warrior. You are both young and from the same lineage. Long could you and he be happy. My time grows short, my destiny grows near".

"I fear not your hidden fate..or doom. I will share that destiny with you wether it be for eternity or for a short while. I love you and no other".

With these words Eruco spun her around infront of him and looked deeply into her eyes.

"It may well be your end Raina. If you follow me upon my path you may never gain happiness".

"I will never gain happiness unless it is with you"

She replied simply with tears forming in her blue eyes.
Eruco turned away and looked once more to the water...
Slowly a vision formed upon his minds edge.

Averia, Erucos wife was stood before him on the very water. Her long flowing blond hair danced in the mists of the vision. "Erucolindo long years have passed between our love. Many deeds of evil have you commited. But now you are pure and good and you follow an uncertain path. My path is certain. I have my happiness and long have I gained peace, long have I watched you stray from your path. My memory was not enough to help you. Your feelings for me faded and with them your love diminished. Only now has your heart been renewed. Raina is your destiny now. I go on to happiness and you will find yours. Goodbye Eruco and by free, free of hurt and free of pain". As Averia spoke the wind seemed to blow her away and the vision vanished.

Eruco bowed his head but then he felt Rainas soft hands reach around him, he turned and smiled.

"We will never be parted...Our love will outlast the very sky and our bond will be stronger than the earth we stand upon...I love you Raina".

With those words the pair embraced and he kissed her upon the cheek. The moment lived on in thier hearts forever. Raina and Eruco were together and would remain so until the very worlds end.

After a while walking in the moonlight Eruco and Raina returned to the wraiths room. Not long had they entered when a strange noise caught their attention.

Suddenly a light tap broke the peaceful silence, and then a second tap and then another rang out into the night.
Eruco leaned forward over the balcony and then 'TING' a small rock hit off his chest armour. Below Sobet giggled and Scar stood towering above the hobbit.

"We thought we would come to keep you company! Seeing as you cant go wondering amongst the people. And besides me and Scar are getting our share of funny looks so here we are"

Sobet announced merrily. Raina sleepily stood up and Eruco stood with his hands on the rail of the balcony.

"I have all the company I need..."

"Nonsense! The more the merrier" Sobet interupted and he began to climb up the wall to Erucos room. Scar followed and the pair entered into the dark room. Sobet lit the candles and the torches on the walls and began to talk in a loud voice.
"Well this is better, nice and bright now!"

"Scar wants to play skulls, Play skulls again small one"

"Not yet big fella, you wait here with the ghost...eh..erm I mean Eruco and I shall retrieve something special, I shall return in a little while".

The halfling climbed back out of the window and dissapeared. Eruco looked at Scar and the large uruk smiled a wide sharp teeth filled grin.

A short distance away Sobet loitered in a dark allyway and suddenly a door to a rowdy inn opened. A man quickly placed a large barrel of beer on the outside and then Sobet handed over a gold coin. The man shut the door and left the halfling stood there.

"Ok you beauty lets get you to a safe place" Sobet said and he wrapped his arms around the barrel and tried to lift.
"Oh drat! I hadnt thought this far ahead" Sobet said defeatedly as he realised he could not lift the barrel.

Toward the end of the street Bartok and Spawn emerged walking drunkenly.
"The thing ish Shpawn we dwarves are underesh...underesh...undereshtim...not thought of as well ash we shhhould" Bartok said to the barbarian.

Just then a rolling sound and a yelp caught their attention.
Suddenly a barrel came rolling infront of them complete with a running hobbit on top of it.

Spawn reached out and grabbed the halfling and Bartok stopped the barrel with his strong arms.

"Whats this then? You been liberating beer little one?"
Spawn joked whilst holding Sobet in the air.

"A fine batch ish thish as swell" Bartok mumbled.

"Dont worry we were going to share!" Sobet said with a grin.

"What do you mean we?" Spawn asked.

A few moments later the three were under Erucos room. The wraith looked out and saw Spawn toss Sobet up followed by Bartok and then...a barrel of beer. The dwarf caught it and fell backwards into the wraiths room. Scar laughed a coarse laugh and Sobet hurridely got to work at opening the barrel.
Raina laughed at the scene as the fellowship members prepared to hold a party in Erucos small room.

The wraith sat at the large table in the centre of the room and was joined by Spawn who was last to enter. Bartok sat next to Scar and then Sobet proudly handed out full tankards of beer.

"Letsh teach you bout drinkin Shcar" Bartok mumbled as he took a hefty swig. Sobet began to sing and jumped up on the table. The warriors felt young and foolish and felt the cares of battle wash away.

After a while, and nobody could quite remember how, an arm wrestling competion was started. Sobet announced he was going to beat Bartok and sat opposite the dwarf and gripped his hand confidently. With one heave, not only did Bartok win but he sent Sobet flying across the room...the halfling landed softly on the bed and the small company laughed at his comic defeat.

Next Spawn took on Bartok and after a very long time the drunk dwarf finaly lost, but not out of a mismatch of strength, but because the dwarf began to snooze as the stale mate continued. He woke with a start and was very dissapionted at the loss.

Next Scar attempted to win against Spawn and again a stalemate of strength went on, until finnaly Eruco stood and made a challenge.

"It is all fine and well you competing your mundane strength against one another but let you try and win against my power" Eruco smiled as he challenged the warriors.

One by one they tried and failed, Eruco merely sat still and not one of the three mighty warriors could move his arm.
Finally Bartok shouted out with a full pint of beer spilling in his hand.

"Ok Ok we cant move an immovable object, trust an elfish wraithish rogue to cheat with...." Bartok was interupted by the, until now, quiet Raina.

"You have been victorious against these three but can you defeat me?" she said teasingly. The others looked on incredulously.

"Or perhaps you are affraid?" She goaded the wraith with a beautiful smile.

"I have my money on Raina!" Sobet said loudly

"nonsense"

"No way"

The others replied and a bet was made of two gold coins apiece. Sobet was the only one to back Raina.

Eruco nodded in acceptance of the challenge and the others cheered in joy. Raina sat opposite Eruco and raised her hand. The wraith lifted his hand to meet hers and as they gripped ready the other fellowship members began to shout.

"One, Two, Three...GO!" they yelled in unison.

Eruco calmly held his grip expecting Raina to exhert her full pressure. But she smiled at him with a hint of mischief and suddenly she kicked out under the table, catching Eruco in between the legs. The wraith doubled up and then the maiden of Gondor slammed his hand against the table.

Sobet cheered and leaped upon the table dancing and singing for joy. Bartok and Spawn slowly began to laugh as did Scar.
Raina leaned back in the chair victoriously smiling at the wraith.

Eruco looked up and shook her hand with a smile upon his own face that only she could see.

"Well done! Very well done!" He laughed.

"I wonder if we should invite any of the others up here?" Sobet said jumping down from the table out of breath.

"I am sure with this noise they will find their way here soon enough!" Raina smiled.

Sorrow of Middle Earth

,;.,;.,;.Where is the horse and the rider?,;,;,;,

"If legends are eternal...then I am the father of eternity"

[This message has been edited by Eruco Elessar (edited 07-25-2006 @ 07:03 AM).]

posted 07-24-06 08:04 AM EDT (US)     16 / 408  
Edit.

"My name is not important."-Slartibartfast.

[This message has been edited by Lame Fat Orly (edited 07-24-2006 @ 08:05 AM).]

posted 07-24-06 09:10 AM EDT (US)     17 / 408  
Pyronix read the disscussion thread asap

Go to the disscussion thread please lord.. thats what its for

Sorrow of Middle Earth

[This message has been edited by Eruco Elessar (edited 07-24-2006 @ 09:49 AM).]

posted 07-24-06 09:48 AM EDT (US)     18 / 408  
Question: Are you guys in Eruco's room right now or in Bard's Hall? I'm typing up my first story post, and it is important that I know.

׺°˜`°º×ALL HAIL THE UNCLELAND!׺°˜`°º×[/ind]\

[ind]Help to reveal the Dumbo Conspiracy to the World!

posted 07-24-06 10:05 AM EDT (US)     19 / 408  
Both. Sobet, Bartok, Spawn, Raina, and Eruco are in Eruco's room. Everyone else is in the hall I guess.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 07-24-06 10:53 AM EDT (US)     20 / 408  
Johnquill was walking in the distance calmly until he actually saw what had happened to Laketown. With a gasp, he dropped his trout strung on a rope and ran towards the village. Even thought he casualties and ruined structures were many, he broke through the wall of demise that seemed to surround the city and trudged to where he saw the most activity.

"What's going on?" asked Johnquill to a citizen standing in the half runied marketplace.

"Goblins. They attacked the city. I'm lucky to be alive! You can thank the Fellowship of the North for this victory!" were the words of the citizen, an old woman to be exact.

Johnquill said nothing more and trudged away. Looking up, he saw lights on and laughing and cheering from a room in an Inn. I must go in there and get an explanation on what happened. An explanation better than that old woman's, thought Johnquill.

The small flight of stairs was quickly climbed, and Johnquill stood before the door to the room. Grasping the knob, Johnquill paused. A surge of some sort of feeling, he didn't know what, maybe embarassment, or shyness, pulsed in him for a mere second. Even so, Johnquill opened the door.

"Have another drink, Johnquill," laughed Sobet. "It'll do ya' good!"

"Thank you very much!" cried the smiling beorning, taking the tankard in his hand and gulping down the mead. I am very glad I came up here. It seems as if I have made some new friends! thought Johnquill. All the commotion brought excitement to Johnquill. It had been a very long time since he had partied. The majority of his life had been spent in his lodge, hunting and fishing, with a quiet dignity. Now he felt something he longed to feel when he was in his lodge: excitement.

Eruco stood up on a table, gesturing to silence the party-goers. "Tell us your story, Johnquill. We wish to know more about you."

For a brief moment Johnquill looked around the room. Exhaling a long breath, Johnquill stated, "All right. Gather round. Here's my story.

"I was born in the woods of northern Mirkwood. My mother died when I was very young, so I was told, and I never knew anything about her. Aye, but my father Ralast, he was a great person. He taught me the lore of the woods and how to be a great fisherman and hunter, in which I grew in skills. When we were bears--"

"Wait, wait," interrupted Sobet. "'When you were bears'? So that means you're..."

"Beornings, that's right. I am a beorning. Couldn't you tell from the size and muscle! Ha ha!" laughed Johnquill. "Now let me continue. When we were bears, he would take me all around, to feast on nuts and sleep on hollow logs. We would speak to all creatures of the forest. But one day, goblins came into the woods. My father, in bear form, was stronger than even 10 of them, but slowly he was overtaken and killed." Johnquill paused for a second, soaking in the sorrow of his lost father. Raina put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"I watched him die from behind a bush. Oh, did the tears flow from my eyes like a great waterfall. Just then did the goblins see me, but a miracle happened. A family of falcons swooped down from the sky, and began killing the goblins with their beaks and talons. Once they were all dead, a figure in brown stepped out of the woods. This man was one of the Istari. He was Radagast the Brown. He sent the falcons to save me from death.

"From then on Radagast took care of me. Not until I was 20 years of age did he leave me. He said that he had much more to do on this earth before his time was up. Radagast left me a gift though. He left me the family of falcons. Whenever I needed them, if I was in bear form, I would let out a special howl and they would come to my aid. They still do so till this day.

"I built a lodge in the forests where I grew up, and became a master hunter, fisherman, and knew all of the lore of the forest. My knowledge of nature and the forests is comparable even to that of Radagast the Brown's! I craft all of my bows and arrows and everything I make, from the bow you see on my back now, to all the tools and clothes I have now. After many long years in the forest, it was then that I traveled here to sell some fish, and saw of the disaster that happened. And now I know what happened, and I'm here with all of you."

There was a silence in the room for a long time as individuals pondered the story of Johnquill. Sobet broke the silence by saying, "Well, you're here now, and everything is fine! Come, Johnquill, enjoy the party! We still have a whole night left!"

׺°˜`°º×ALL HAIL THE UNCLELAND!׺°˜`°º×[/ind]\

[ind]Help to reveal the Dumbo Conspiracy to the World!

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 07-24-2006 @ 10:54 AM).]

posted 07-24-06 07:05 PM EDT (US)     21 / 408  
'Yes it is working, he fell for it,' thought the excited mind of Ikawi as he zoomed through the air on his fellbeast. Once he got to the area where he felt the owl cry he rolled off of his fellbeast and floated down to earth. His beast flew away and he drew his hood. Ikawi took a few steps forward and hit a tree, he turned to the lift and tripped over a root.

Ikawi stood up and took a deep breath and began to feel his surroundings with his mind, in his mind he had a picture of what the scenario was like. His mind touched each tree and described it for him. He noticed things he would not notice when he had his sight. He then felt a body with his mind and he walked towards it. He knew it was Flame, "Wake up barbarian." The body did not move so Ikawi poked him with his staff.

Flame jumped and rolled out of the tree on to the hard ground of the forest. He said, "Who are you?"

Ikawi said, "I am Ikawi." Flame's eyes got so wide that even the blind Elf could sense it. "Do not be afraid Flame I am not here to hurt you. Just listen to me and you will be safe," soothed Ikawi. He went on to telling him things in an effort to gain his allegiance.

Flame said, "You kill innocent people Ikawi. You kill people who have done nothing to you."

Ikawi snapped, "Yes and I am about to kill you if you don't join me."

Flame tried to feel deep down inside Ikawi to find that piece of good inside him. But it was gone. Flame knew instantly that he was not kidding around and said, "Ikawi please..."

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)
2.Last of the Istari(Abandoned)

Proud Recipient of the Tolkien Award
posted 07-25-06 00:33 AM EDT (US)     22 / 408  
Dawn found Bartok, Scar, Sobet, and Spawn passed out in a heap near the window. Bartok was the first to awaken, and bit into a green leaf from the pouch on his belt. His hangover evaporated like the dew in the Mirkwood. Bartok squirmed out from under the pile of passed out bodies, and surveyed the room. He was surprised to see Raina and Eruco asleep across the room. For an undead being, Eruco looked suspiciously like someone who had fallen asleep holding the love of his life. This sign of love brought a smile to Bartok’s face, but the thoughts of his wife les him out of the room and down the hall.

As Bartok entered the common-room of the inn, he looked across at dozens of sleepy patrons until he found what he sought. Across the room, a young man had fallen asleep with an open journal before him. A pheasant quill was still resting in a bottle of black ink. Bartok walked over, took the ink, quill and a page from the journal. He found an empty table and sat about writing a letter.

My dearest Bella,

I know that I shall never again look upon your bright grey eyes, and run my fingers through your hair. Never again will I hold you close listening to the rhythmic hammering of the forges. Never again, can I say “I love you” as we celebrate our anniversary. No dear wife, soon my ancestors will judge me, but I would have you know why I did not avoid my fate and return to you.

Long ago, you knew the blood of a traveler flowed within my veins, and although I always supported you, I was often gone when you most often needed me. For the times I wasn’t there, I am sorry. For the nights, you warmed our bed alone, when I should have been their, I am sorry. For all the times, Bartokor needed his father and I was off seeking fame and fortune, I am sorry. When Bartokor grew sick, and you had to bury him alone, I am sorry.

Bella, so many times I failed you, and a thousand years could never make it right. I have no excuse for the pain I caused you, but I beg for you to understand why I had to be gone. This world we live in is hard. Evil springs up in numbers greater than those of the good, and seek to destroy all. In the last few months, I have slain more foul folk, than I had ever seen before. It seems clear to me, that this is a key time in our age. I feel like this age is ending, and that a new one will soon begin. The battles I fight in help determine if the age shall be of light or darkness. I must fight for the light.

It is for the light, that I shall soon give my life. I shall die to save the lives of many who would fight for the age of light to emerge. Know this my wife, I love you with all my heart, but my soul demands more of me than I can give…and survive. I shall pay the price, so that you and Bartokian, can survive and find peace. Think well of me dear wife, and remember that my final thoughts shall be of you.

Yours in love forever,
Bartok Thunderdelve, King of the Thunderdelve Clan

Bartok read and reread the letter to make sure it sounded right. Satisfied that he had said everything he needed to, Bartok folded the letter, and then used a spot of wax to seal it.

Bartok emerged from the inn, and found dwarven warriors passed out, and off to the side, King Dain himself sat sleepily leaning against an empty barrel of mead. Bartok reached into his backpack, and drew out a different helmet than the one he normally wore. This helmet was a ring of mitharil carved into an intricate stonework pattern with four dark diamonds set around the band. Bartok put on his crown, and approached King Dain.

As Dain was trying to awake from his drunken stupor, he caught a glimpse of Bartok approaching him, and his new headgear. Dain drew suddenly serious, and forced himself to his feet. The two kings faced one another and Bartok bowed deeply at the waist.

Dain spoke first. “Dwarven kings only wear their crowns for two reasons, they are holding a council, and they are preparing to die. Please tell me we are to be attacked again.”

“No great King Dain. My time is come. I was visited by my ancestors and soon after we leave here, I will be called home to The Great Hall, for judgment. I would ask you a favor though.”

“Speak to me King Bartok, and I shall move a mountain to bring it to pass.”

“It is nothing so great Dain. I simply need a letter delivered to my clan, to my wife in particular.”

Dain nodded and took the letter from Bartok’s hand. “Very well, but I ask a boon of you.”

“Ask, and it shall be so.”

“There was a young dwarf within The Lonely Mountain that was much impressed with you in battle. He wishes to travel with you, and learn from you.”

“I would be honored, but….”

“Ah, none of that now. Perhaps the presence of my young dwarf will serve some purpose yet. Your party seems to need a dwarf’s since from time to time.”

Bartok smiled in spite of himself, and nodded. “Aye, they can be a bit of a mess. Very well, bring on my young squire, and let us see what he can learn from this old dog.”

posted 07-25-06 02:59 AM EDT (US)     23 / 408  
"Ikawi please...," said Flame. "Give this all up now. You have to!" He yelled.

"No! Now I have a plan to tell you, and should you go along with it, you will be spared, and you can join Sauron in his quest for dominance. Listen carefully..."

Suddenly Flame lifted up Inferno and swung it down at Ikawi. Ikawi dodged it, but found a large ball of fire was raging towards him. As if by instinct, he used his staff to throw it off course, where it went smashing into the ground. He then pointed his staff at Flame, and a boom came out of the end, sending flame flying. Flame threw a dagger, but Ikawi seemed to jump over it, and land right next to Flame. He then swung down his staff, but Flame managed to block it with Inferno. Ikawi kicked Inferno away, and smashed his staff into Flames stomach. Flame writhed in pain, but Ikawi hit him again, and again, and again. When he stopped he rolled Flame over so he was looking straight into his dark eyes.

"If you suddenly dissapeared, that damn company of yours will be bound to find a way to deafeat me somehow. But if I was to make you my agent, you could destroy them from the inside. You will go back to Laketown, and once you leave, I will give you further instruction. Do you understand?"

"Never, you scumbag!" yelled Flame in reply, which was followed up by a feeble attempt to spit on him, which just resulted in him getting blood on himself.

"You have no choice! Now go back to Laketown and wait. Enjoy yourself, for it will be the last time you be with those enemies of Sauron."

"They are my friends!"

"Friends! Thats a good joke! You have no friends. Your family and friends all died in the attack. Those... those... those murderers you follow around don't like you at all. They just keep you around for your skills. Join them, and you will die pointlessly. Join me, and you will become a King!"

Suddenly Flame found himself a short distance from Laketown. Ikawi was gone. He walked over to the water and swam in. He went through the canal and up some ladders. He went back to his room and fell asleep.

posted 07-25-06 05:22 AM EDT (US)     24 / 408  
Eruco awoke in the arms of Raina. Long had it been since his mind had passed into sleep, he sat up on the edge of the bed and surveyed the scene in the room. Sobet lay hunched upon the very barrel he had liberated the night before and Scar lay in the corner snoring like a dragon.
The beorning was asleep upon the table and Spawn was under the table with large legs and arms sticking out from underneath.

Eruco turned and looked at Raina and gently lifted the bed covers over her. As he did so she whispered...."Felanil".
This snapped Erucos attention and he looked down at her face. As beautiful as she was, she looked troubled. He reached out his hand to stroke her brow and once again she whispered "Felanil". Eruco pulled his hand back and stood up. He could only wonder what this meant, and he longed to know what words were spoken between Felanil and Raina when the man had returned.

A knock at the door broke the silence and Eruco immediatly turned to open it, Pulkit and Elessar stood before him.
The ranger peered around the door and smiled,
"well it looks like I missed out by having an early night"
he said.

"Eruco walk with us a while" Pulkit said in a quiet voice.

"I shall be a moment" Eruco replied and he grabbed his cloak and swung it around covering his form. Next he took his silver helmet. The grand helm was not too unlike one worn by a certain witch king, but this one was bright and smooth. The silver covered the face of the wraith and he lifted the large hood over his head further hiding his appearence.

The three left the hall and walked around the town in the fresh morning sunrise. The smell of bread rising from a bakers shop almost dispelled the image of the wrecked town. Although the men had been hard at work there was much still to be repaired.

"We are fortunate to have succeeded in defending both Erebor and Esgaroth. However I fear that the enemy will merely launch more attacks and with each attempt he will double his forces" Pulkit said in a hushed voice.

"We were yet to be tested against such foes as the assasins of angmar and the souls of Morgoth yet we won my dear Pulkit. This fellowship is powerful and we can hold against the darkforces" Elessar objected.

"That may be so but at what cost? Besides I see a different path for us. There are many unanswered questions in the minds of our friends and many undecided fates".

As Pulkit finished those words the three stopped aside the large hole that lay in the ground of laketown. The swirling water below still bore the debris of the battle and the tower of one of the fallen mumakill's could be seen poking out from below the surface.

"He was my friend, long have we traveled together" Elessar said as he thought about the fallen member of the fellowship.

"He died happy, and he was noble and strong. There will be more hurt to come young Elessar" Eruco said looking at the ranger.

Pulkit patted Elessar upon the back and took out his pipe.
The wizard lit it and began to puff smoke into the air.

"A council will be held, The leaders of the north have been summoned and in two days we shall learn what fate the fellowship shall be given" the wizard said as he blew the shape of a ship out from his mouth.

"What of the Nomad Eruco?" Pulkit asked after a few moments silence. Eruco looked over the water and out into the dark trees. A slight breeze softly rocked the branches to and fro.

"I do not know what fate he will choose. Harloth is mysterious and he has a broken mirror for a past". Eruco said after a while.

The three stood looking out across the slow flowing water and watched as the clouds dispersed leaving the sun to cast its warmth upon the wounded north country.

Sorrow of Middle Earth

[This message has been edited by Eruco Elessar (edited 07-25-2006 @ 07:29 AM).]

posted 07-25-06 07:31 AM EDT (US)     25 / 408  
Written on behalf of EnemyOfJupiter

After leaving Pulkit and Eruco, Elessar wandered in search of the rest of the fellowship. The captain was eager to check on the well being of all those in his command.
His first stop was to see Estrenton, the elf was awake but drowsy and Elessar left him in peace.

Valandil and Arthion he found sparring and training in a practice hall.

"I see you two are well" he smiled as he looked in. The pair of elves stopped and joined him by the door.
"Our inability to defeat that hideous soul has left us both hurting, we will not make such mistakes again" Valandil announced.
"You made no mistakes my friend you both fought well enough for ten. You should feel no hurt" The two elves bowed their heads at Elessars kind words but remained ever dissapointed inside.

Elessar continued to walk around the town, stopping here and there to help lift a large piece of debris or to comfort a wife who had lost a husband. The captain of the fellowship tirelessly wandered around Esgaroth and children ran to him bearing gifts of flowers and of fresh bread or fruit juice. As he walked here and there, whispered words followed of the hero of the north and children would ask
"did you really ride a giant oliphant and stamp all the nasty orcs?". And Elessar would reply each time
"the true heroes are those men over there working to rebuild your homes, or those women over there who work so hard to restore the food supplies".

The morning was passing into noon and the ranger sat himself upon a pile of rock and began to eat an apple given to him by a child. Raina appeared and came and sat next to him. He tossed her a second apple with a smile.

"They work well to repair this place" she said.

"Yes they are truly amazing, many would have fled in the face of such terror yet they stayed fast and they now brush it away as if it was a mere passing storm" Elessar replied.

Raina seemed distant to him, she seemed somehow in living memory or dream.
"Tell me Raina, what gives you such trouble and worry?"

"I am fine, I have no troubles" Raina objected unconvincingly.

"Come now, we are the same you and I. I can tell that not all is well..is your heart not glad that Felanil has returned to you?"

"Yes but.... it hurts to deny him the love he wishes"

"His love for you will make him strong wether it is returned to him or not. Fear not for Felanil for he is wise and strong and he knows ,I am sure, of the love you and Eruco share"

"But does Eruco know?"

Elessar wondered at this last comment and as he threw his apple core into the water behind him he could not think of a response.

"Perhaps you should tell him of your feelings?" He said eventually.

"I have tried yet the words never seem enough. My mind roars with words I wish to speak to him, yet my mouth finds only the smallest token of speech to ease his concern"

As they talked Felanil and Kestria walked over. Felanil was rubbing his hair with a cloth to dry it.
"The water is fresh and cool, you should have a swim Elessar" he said as he sat between the two.

Kestria sat next to Elessar and sighed
"ah this sun reminds me of riding in the open upon the grasses of Rohan" she said.

"Ah your dripping water all over me!" Raina laughed in protest and Felanil jokingly shook his wet hair over her.
Elessar laughed and Raina grabbed a stick and began to mockingly hit Felanil. The four laughed in the noon sunlight and forgot the woes of the troubled times.

Eruco watched from the far side of the square as Raina laughed and playfully joked with the her fellow mortals and felt once more the feeling that she would be happier in different arms. The wraith pulled his hood closer around his face and withdrew from the square.

Sorrow of Middle Earth

[This message has been edited by Eruco Elessar (edited 07-25-2006 @ 08:20 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Fan Fiction and Art » Adventurer's Corner- The Oncoming Storm- Book Two
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames