EE Scenario Design & Modding
Moderated by Soty, Philla007

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Lord Of The Rings Saga
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10  Next Page »
posted 10-12-08 07:02 AM EDT (US)   
I've always wanted to do a Lord Of The Rings Saga ranging from The Hobbit to The Return Of The King. Does anyone want to help me with this. lucifer you'd be a big help with your clearly superior knowledge of LOTR. I could also use a modder for a Nazgul, Rohan Infantry, Elven archers + swordsman to add to Jon Elof's fantastic mod pack and Soty's Gondorian Swordman. I don't mind anyone who wants to join to make a scen or a map, etc. In the immortal word of Tesco's 'every little helps.
The reason I'm asking for this help is mainly so we don't have another awful LOTR campaign or scen(Excluding Lucifers and Joe canadian's War Of The Ring and I've played most not all so don't take offence anyone)I want to make a great campaign and I'm afraid my average skills alone aren't enough to live up to that.
If you wish to help post your email and the role you wish to take, e.g Empiremaster-Scen Designer- Footymad109@googlemail.com or Empiremaster-Modder-Footymad109@googlemail.com. if you wish(for some reason) To do multipule role just put in a forward slash.

I hope some people volunteer or I've wasted my time writing out probaly the longest thread in my time here at HG.

Or another War Of The Ring Except On a Larger Scale! However I'd still need those mods. Any help Please

http://www.geocities.com/legobrick2004/LOTR_EE_Mods.xls
-----------------------------------------------------------
Mods Completed:

Elven Spearman- Saxguy

Nazguls- BmacZero

Mordor Units- Jon Elof

Mordor Orc- BmacZero

Lurtz- Saxguy

Uruk-kai Swordsmen- Saxguy

Warg Riders- BmacZero

Theoden- Saxguy + Rohirrim- Jon Elof

Gondorian Units- Jon Elof

Gondorian Swordsmen- Soty

Elven Bowman/Legolas & Dwarf/Gimli + Gondor Swordsman Substitute- Jon Elof

Who Dares Wins - SAS Motto.
My LOTR Saga Thread(Currently In Production)
My Scens: The SASo0-0o Hold The City

[This message has been edited by The Brit (edited 11-07-2008 @ 02:54 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-02-08 04:13 PM EDT (US)     51 / 235  
Yeah, that's a good idea, in case I don't need as much detail or need more.

Edit:

Ok, I'm about to put my list up, I'll direct-link to it once I do. I'll update it whenever we complete something or decide something new.

I though of a few things we want to think about while doing the list:

Citizens - How are we going to do this? We could just rename the citizens for each player, or we could give each faction the citizen from a different epoch.

Buildings - Do any of these need to be modded? Barrack, Archery ranges, etc. What about special buildings, like Orthanc, Barad-dur, the Golden Hall of Edoras?

Navy - Mordor and their allies have the Corsairs, but what ships do they get? And what kind of navy does everyone else have?

Edit:

Ok, here's the spreadsheet:
www.geocities.com/legobrick2004/LOTR_EE_Mods.xls

Edit:

And some new Orcs. I forgot to add the eye, I can go back and do that later if we want it. They look much much better, regardless:
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq18/bmaczero/Orcs2.png

[This message has been edited by BmacZero (edited 11-02-2008 @ 05:46 PM).]

posted 11-03-08 03:59 PM EDT (US)     52 / 235  
Great mod Bmaczero and thanks for the spreadsheet it should come in handy I will move to title post so all can see.

Both Soty's and Saxguy's shortsword mods are great, I'm torn on which one to use. This is omething Soty and Saxguy have to sort out.

soty with all these units that factions idea seems the only and best course of action that doesn't involve hundreds of trigger which would inenvitably cause lag.

[This message has been edited by The Brit (edited 11-03-2008 @ 04:42 PM).]

posted 11-03-08 05:29 PM EDT (US)     53 / 235  
Cool, thanks The Brit. Don't forget to add the Warg Riders to the first post.
posted 11-03-08 05:43 PM EDT (US)     54 / 235  
The mods look absolutely amazing, if you can make it as good as "a journey through middle earth" or better, it would be very, very good. If you need help with map design, contact me on this thread and ill give you my email address.

-He who sits on toilet, is high on pot.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signiture to help him on his way to world domination.
posted 11-03-08 06:14 PM EDT (US)     55 / 235  
If you want I could send you a copy of the map so far...

There you go guy's all the completed mods expected to be used in project so far displayed

posted 11-03-08 06:40 PM EDT (US)     56 / 235  
I'll see what i can do, send it to drew1014@charter.net, ill get back to you.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signiture to help him on his way to world domination.
posted 11-03-08 06:47 PM EDT (US)     57 / 235  
im thinking on maybe working on the black gates and mordor/isengard walls, i think they would best look in imperial wall, you know cause there so strong and all what do you think??
about the uruk and the gondorian well i really dont know, im still hoping to find a way to fit them both, maybe some sword unit that hasnt been used already and change the cem file and with soty dbmod it so, it remains with its stats and usable for isengard, or the other way around maybe??
posted 11-04-08 11:15 AM EDT (US)     58 / 235  
stats are no problem. the only problem is changing the models, because sometimes animations don't work properly.

EDIT: as for the navies for all factions. A simple but effective solution:

(Idea from Bfme2)
- Good factions: Elven ships/ Evil factions: Corsair ships
http://bfme2.heavengames.com/factions/ships

PLUS: Maybe rafts for some factions...

EDIT: My updated unit sheets.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2njtjymztgj

[This message has been edited by Soty (edited 11-04-2008 @ 12:43 PM).]

posted 11-04-08 11:22 AM EDT (US)     59 / 235  
My advice would be try and see.

Guys if you could send start sending finished mods to me, I would be grateful also I need to know if you want to release mods seperatley or with campaign.(I don't mind)

Edit: If someone could edit the warraft to have trolls on thenh there's a Mordor Battleship right there. Just a suggestion.

[This message has been edited by The Brit (edited 11-04-2008 @ 11:54 AM).]

posted 11-04-08 08:07 PM EDT (US)     60 / 235  
Thanks for all the comments, Soty. I'll update mine so we don't have to change the link on the first page.

I'll take the war raft, I'm working on Grond but having problems with transparency, so I'll work on those two.

Soty, I incorportated most of your comments into the main information, if I missed anything mention it and I'll add it in.

[This message has been edited by BmacZero (edited 11-04-2008 @ 08:34 PM).]

posted 11-06-08 01:10 AM EDT (US)     61 / 235  
Wouldnt it be easier to make each movie (or book, whatever) into its own seperate scenario in the campaign, that way their would be no lag, and the story lines and instructions and stuff would be more congruent. Also the triggers wouldnt be a bitch.

(\__/)
(O.o )
posted 11-06-08 10:34 AM EDT (US)     62 / 235  
Oh no thats the War Of The Ring II map, The LOTR Saga will begin when I have all mods ready and yes it will be in scens to reduce lag.

posted 11-06-08 05:07 PM EDT (US)     63 / 235  
Oh, OK then, ill start designing The Fellowship of The Ring.
Also, could someone do a mod for Ents, I think the Hades or posiedain units would do, all those spines could be branches. just an afterthought
and alexander the great would make a wonderful Gandalf the White mounted, and the the pope as gandalf dismounted

(\__/)
(O.o )

[This message has been edited by spartasman (edited 11-06-2008 @ 07:26 PM).]

posted 11-06-08 09:30 PM EDT (US)     64 / 235  
well im not done with the mod yet but ive dicided to post, the ents well i addmit that they fit the cybers but the lasers and stuff are really a problem mmmmmm i will see what i can do, as for the releasing well just tell me where do i send them to you brit, and i might be releasing once im done it as a lotr brother pack to jon elofs, maybe it would be better to do it that way to avoid such a huge file although maybe we could just establish the date of the mod once its advanced and release all in one day mmm who knows?.
posted 11-06-08 11:11 PM EDT (US)     65 / 235  
For Alexi Septimus, I converted him over to melee (kind of) by removing the laser-y stuff on his texture and then replacing the laser sounds with sword sounds. Soty is looking into making him melee, otherwise we can just set his range to 1.

Ok, here are the new Nazgul, as the Black Prince, so the horseman is available for other mods.
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq18/bmaczero/Nazgul5.jpg

[This message has been edited by BmacZero (edited 11-06-2008 @ 11:33 PM).]

posted 11-08-08 06:53 PM EDT (US)     66 / 235  
switch alexi septimus with some horse hero so its melee....

i want so badly to do some moding but im out of EE

i want to try adding cyber power to prophets and priest too xD

ENTS, i once made 2 skins for ent, but they werent really that good, and they shud throw rocks...but rock thrower is used.....

modding buildings is the most dificult part...

use tree model in some buildings and mess up graphic scale for elven buildings, for dwarfs perhaps use some carbon from AOC model, i can provide that, im also doinh a huge mod (the cyborg) wheres theres factions (alien races actually) and i used carbon deposi for one of the races, the prob is buildings are kinda repetitive :P works best on non-playable factions, but then you could just respawn units for those....

also the eagles is weird, i mean, add range 1 at least, eagles launching bombs lol.....
posted 11-09-08 05:02 AM EDT (US)     67 / 235  
OK i tried changing Septimus to melee, but unfortunately, that does not work with me.... Generally, I seem kinda inable atm, db modding aint working either...

EDIT: Do you guys have msn or skype? to make communication easier...

[This message has been edited by Soty (edited 11-09-2008 @ 05:06 AM).]

posted 11-09-08 03:02 PM EDT (US)     68 / 235  
hmmmmm, im sure something will workout..., okay my mods are still not ready, actually its starting to get a little cramped up , my future campain, playing gears of war 2 (awesome just plain awesome), and working on a mod of gears of war not to mention the lotr mod, but dont worry though its just making me go slower, mmmmmm well my msn is blackdragon_432@hotma.... so let me know if you guys added it so i can edit it... and you will be reading from me soon!
posted 11-17-08 04:25 AM EDT (US)     69 / 235  
finally a pretty large middle-earth scen (not too make enemies with Lucifer and that other guy...forgot his name 0_o....sorry guy-who-i-have-forgotten...)

seems nice....i'll keep this page as a favorite to see progress
posted 11-22-08 02:05 PM EDT (US)     70 / 235  
Hotmail, I think it's Lazy_person@hotmail.com.. Old one sorry, it's The_Random_Brit@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by The Brit (edited 11-22-2008 @ 04:44 PM).]

posted 11-28-08 10:36 AM EDT (US)     71 / 235  
do we already have a map? If not, what area will it cover? and what size will it be?
posted 11-28-08 01:58 PM EDT (US)     72 / 235  
The map is a 400 by 400 copying the map of Tolkiens books. I can send you a copy if you want though only rough landmarks are done at this point.

posted 11-29-08 08:04 AM EDT (US)     73 / 235  
yes. please send me the map!

Note: I am always creating maps via rastor method, which works very well to create detailled maps based on "real life" maps, meaning maps on paper
posted 11-29-08 01:58 PM EDT (US)     74 / 235  
kk

posted 12-04-08 04:44 PM EDT (US)     75 / 235  
mmmmm almost there maybe in 2 or 3 days il be done which will be blackgates of mordor(finished sorta), rohan archers(finished sorta), possibly Witch king of angmar(any ideas for model?) and elf archers if not yet finished(finished sorta),(in the books at least i think legolas used tipical elf armor)
oh and updated elf warriors.

[This message has been edited by saxguy (edited 12-04-2008 @ 06:45 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Scenario Design & Modding » Lord Of The Rings Saga
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames