You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Topic Subject: Warpath Campaign for ETW is Released!!!
posted 10-05-09 01:20 PM EDT (US)   
They just made the new Warpath Campaign available on Steam. I'm downloading it now, can't wait to try it out.

"I expect to pass through this world but once ;
Any good, therefore, that I can do ,
or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature,
let me do it now ; Let me not defer or neglect it ,
for I shall not pass this way again."
Replies:
posted 10-05-09 01:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 22  
I'd prefer to buy it on stores if it becomes available, but i doubt it will
posted 10-05-09 02:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 22  
Cant wait to try it out.

Ludwig II Award (craziest forumer) -- Sondre_norge, armenian (tie)
Continental Army Award (most improved forumer) -- Sondre_norge
Napoleon Award (most likely to be promoted) -- Sondre_norge
( can only dream about that happening)
posted 10-05-09 03:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 22  
Awesome news to wake up to,and unexpected. I thought it would be end of the month. Downloading now.

Patch 1.5:

-Improved campaign map performance

-Improved AI invasion troop movement

-Naval and Land unit balancing

-General AI improvements

I don't know what to do first......Warpath or Patch 1.5????
posted 10-05-09 04:14 PM EDT (US)     4 / 22  
The people who try Warpath, please confirm if the improved Native Americans/ detailed NA map are included in the ETW campaign

So far,in 1.5 without WP, I've seen some interesting stuff: Cherokee Nations, Plains Nations, Pueblo Nations Huron-Wyandot(sp? and yes, they changed their name) and Iroquois are playable in 1p battles and probably in MP

There are far more maps too, even though some are repeated but the # of players change

I'm going to play now

Good gaming

[This message has been edited by SlashKhan (edited 10-05-2009 @ 04:54 PM).]

posted 10-05-09 05:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 22  
I played a few turns as the Iroquois (H/H) and its hard. At war with the all the Western powers except Britain after 3 turns, plus the Hurons and Cherokees. USA took 2 of my settlements after 5 turns and I see them taking more in the next 5 turns. My forces are no match for them. Can't recruit cavalry yet so Ive got no way to combat theirs. You can hide your troops until the last moment but after the initial attack its all down hill.

I'll try again as Plains as they are further from the Western powers and might have time to research and build.

I hate the interface. Its really hard to see and really brown. I know they are keeping in the theme but its not better the ETW interface.

Worth $10? Time will tell.
posted 10-05-09 10:32 PM EDT (US)     6 / 22  
I'd prefer to buy it on stores if it becomes available, but i doubt it will

¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸EPIC MOD „ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨ IS EPIC!``°º¤ø„¸?
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º
Ex mod on: Spore - HG - RoN - RoL - N:TW
Check out my: DeviantArt - Steam
posted 10-05-09 11:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 22  
I pre ordered it. I'm special, aren't I Crue?
posted 10-06-09 05:16 AM EDT (US)     8 / 22  
My game is 50% updated as we speak, fortunately I have a whole day off today so I'm off to the shop to get a packet of sweets and a 2 litre bottle of Dr Pepper for another marathon ETW session!

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
posted 10-06-09 06:45 AM EDT (US)     9 / 22  
Off topic:

Hah, you're a Pom and you called them sweets. I haven't heard that since I lived in the UK. (BTW, in Oz they're lollies....and I'll never forget the faces of a Pommy class I was teaching when I told them I had lollies in my bag. I didn't understand until one kid put up his hand and asked wouldn't they melt!!)
posted 10-06-09 07:01 AM EDT (US)     10 / 22  
I've had a few CTDs and its taken until now to sort out. For those of you trying to use it with mods you'll need to remove them from your data folder and add them in later one by one to see which ones are compatible and which are not.

Started a campaign as the Plains Indians, will post some screenshots later. I can't imagine the Iroquois or Huron campaigns as easy, being surrounded by many European territories.

One thing that I was disappointed with is that I cannot play as the European factions, hopefully this will be fixed in due time with an unlocking once the campaign is completed or a following mod. Another thing I've noticed is puckle guns have been made redundant by reducing their range to 40 (to compare; line infantry have a range of 70). The tech trees are interesting and so are the building choices for the Indians although I still haven't gotten my head around it completely.

A f t y

A A R S

posted 10-06-09 04:32 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22  
i like the fact that all nations have different skins, with huron having leather pants and wolf head hats to the cherokee with only a loincloth and a lot of warpaint, it really adds some nice variety.
i also noticed that the warrior society is a lil overpowered, there tomahawk throw is more powerful then a grenade throw, maybe its to make up the range or something.
posted 10-06-09 07:19 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22  
Just my luck that I'm not going to get to touch it until Thursday at the very earliest.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

posted 10-07-09 11:11 AM EDT (US)     13 / 22  
Poms? Sweets? Lollies? I need a UK/OZ/American dictionary...

Aft, is the range of the puckles reduced only in the Warpath campaigns or did it transfer over to the regular E:TW as well? I'm without my game comp for now while I wait for a new power supply for it so I can't check for myself.

Life was much easier before I developed a sense of ethics.
posted 10-08-09 06:38 PM EDT (US)     14 / 22  
So I played this for a few minutes and I gotta say my first impressions are mixed. The gameplay is solid, if not good. While the UI, on the other hand, looks like it was made by a 3 year old.

Its kinda Knit-picking, but I had flashbacks to the nightmare that was the Alexander expansion for Rome.

But for $10 who can complain? (me i guess)

Aspiring scientist and millitary enthusiast.

I tend to be long-winded. Thanks for any help.

[This message has been edited by shadowdrummer46 (edited 10-08-2009 @ 06:40 PM).]

posted 10-08-09 06:59 PM EDT (US)     15 / 22  
anyone notice how aggressive usa is?
i allied them in my huron campaign at the start(because we both were at war with the Iroquois) and i was only able to capture on region before they completely took over, i was able to take control over all of canada, but usa spread across the states like wildfire(preventing me from getting mission spots) so i eventually had to declare war on them, and honestly, they aren't even that difficult, i don't understand how they were able to decimate the other factions to the point they only had one region, and then fall before my huron so easily
posted 10-08-09 08:18 PM EDT (US)     16 / 22  
So I'm probably gonna purchase the Warpath campaign plus the two packs of downloadable units tomorrow and i just have a few questions.
-Is the Warpath Campaign a separate campaign than the Grand Campaign?
-In the Grand Campaign are no new provinces added in America?
-In the Grand Campaign are the native americans still with the old skins or will they have the updated ones?
-In the Warpath Campaign is it story-based like RTI or more free like the Grand Campaign?
-In the Warpath Campaign is it only the American theatre or are Europe and India included aswell?
posted 10-08-09 09:29 PM EDT (US)     17 / 22  
In order:

-Yes
-No
-Not sure
-Not story based
-American theatre only
posted 10-09-09 10:36 AM EDT (US)     18 / 22  
Thanks
Edit: Does anyone know if the Grand Campaign will have the new native american skins after getting the Warpath Campaign? I know it doesn't have the new skins without Warpath, but you can still play with the new native american factions in custom battles.

[This message has been edited by vince0018 (edited 10-09-2009 @ 04:11 PM).]

posted 10-09-09 04:47 PM EDT (US)     19 / 22  
-Is the Warpath Campaign a separate campaign than the Grand Campaign? - yes
-In the Grand Campaign are no new provinces added in America? - yes but only a few
-In the Grand Campaign are the native americans still with the old skins or will they have the updated ones? - new ones, they have the same display pic, but ingame they have remodeled, like wolf hats for huron and feathers for puablo
-In the Warpath Campaign is it story-based like RTI or more free like the Grand Campaign? - its free like the GC
-In the Warpath Campaign is it only the American theatre or are Europe and India included aswell? just america
posted 10-09-09 06:43 PM EDT (US)     20 / 22  
2 litre bottle of Dr Pepper
That stuff is awful Why do you punish yourself Afty?
Anyway, its great living in NZ because you understand everyone. [/off-topic]

I guess I'll get Warpaths when I get ETW in about 5 years.

you like something both hardcore and whack
2009 RLT & ETWH Craziest Forummer Award!
I had to remove the excessive numbers of smilies I used á la VampiricCannibal so as not to inconvenience low bandwidth users too much... - Edorix
posted 10-10-09 10:10 AM EDT (US)     21 / 22  
Saw a Mexican revolution against the Spanish in their northern territories. By the time I decided I wanted Mexican lands, they had allied with my allies the Pueblos. I declared war against the Mexicans, the Pueblos took the wrong side and they are no more. I defeated the main Mexican army outside their only remaining territory.

The conquest of Wichita territory presented me with the dilemma of dealing with European buildings. After a couple of turns even though I had a large cash flow on this territory, I had almost completely converted to protestantism. So I panicked and destroyed those building and replaced with native-style farming. But I really am not sure what to do. When I right-click on western style buildings there aren't any apparent benefits so I destroy them. I don't know if this is because the info-boxes just aren't reporting those benefits or if the game is really going to require me to spread Indianism throughout the lands of white settlers. When I took Texas, the plantations showed no coin for me, so I destroyed and replace with teepee plantations.

BTW, strange diplomacy: USA offered me Maryland and trade rights in exchange for Black Hills. I countered for just trade, but it would have been interesting and I should have taken it and gone back to a save-point if it didn't work out.
posted 10-10-09 12:37 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22  
As the Plains Nations I've intimidated all the Native Indian factions into alliances and I'm currently in a war of attrition with Spain, supporting Mexico's revolution in New Mexico. France is looming two fully stacked invasion fleets dangerously close to my only seaboard territory in Southern Louisiana. I hope to god they don't keep sending stacks over because I can't stop them thanks to lack of Indian Naval capability.

A f t y

A A R S

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: