Please login or register

Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Topic Subject: Crimean Khanate - Short Term AAR
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-18-10 08:06 AM EDT (US)   
Your cornfields and your mountains are enchanting, Motherland, Your sun and your sea are curative, Motherland. We'll save this land And pass to our grandsons like a garden flourishing Crimea, Like a garden flourishing Crimea!

The dawns of freedom have warmed you, Motherland, The people-brothers have praised you, Motherland. We'll save this land And will together, the Crimeans, glorify Crimea in the centuries, Glorify Crimea in the centuries!

Be glorious, the Crimea!
------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to the Crimean Khanate After Action Report! I will break down the campagin into chapters, each with it's own title throughout the AAR. So sit back and relax, it's going to be a wild ride.
------------------------------------------------------------

Do, I decided to play as the Crimeans for my AAR, because they are small and managable, but still good. That means that the Campaign will be easy with only one province, but I'll have to defend from hordes of Russians, and other smaller peoples.

Since I'm still quite new to Empire, I'll be playing on Normal difficulty for both. Since this is short term and Crimea really sucks, here are the rules for me:

- Win the war against Russia, meaning come to an agreement on peace with them giving me something for my peace. In essence, beat them into submission.
- If Crimea is conquered, then it's game over and this AAR is over. So I can't risk losing.

So that's all for the intro. Once somebody sees this, he/she can post and we can get this show on the road.

Germanic AAR - Crimean Khanate AAR
92% of teens have moved on to rap. if you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

[This message has been edited by blader1176 (edited 01-31-2010 @ 05:58 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-29-10 05:25 PM EDT (US)     26 / 33  
Chapter 5: Crossing the Line

So, as I begin this chapter, I try to make a couple allies to aid me in my war against Russia. I pretty much befriend all the "indifferent" nations, except the Indians, they can't help me much all the way over in the Americas without boats.

Then the Ottomans try to come in and chase them ravaging buggas.

I agree to a trade connection with Britain. They pay me for it, but I would've done it without money. It helps my economy.

I spy on the metropolis of Moscow.

I recruit more cossack infantry. Nice hats.

I refesh my army, then gather most of the soldiers up and post them east of the city.

I recruit a new general to hold down the fort while the old guy goes and takes Moscow.

I move the army closer to Moscow, and prepare to fight the Russians outside the city.

A great battle is imminent. His force is a little smaller, but is split up good so if he surrounds me and his whole army pounces, he might have a chance. But remember, it's AI. So you're hoping for a lot for that.

So, in the beginning, there's a small cavalry skirmish to get this fight rumbling.

The two lines approach eachother, but his is staggered from having to move around the terrain.

His main army is shattered by the constant gunfire. When he approaches like that, staggered, all my gunfire is trained on the units they can reach. If there's only one unit at a time in that zone, all fire is put on them, but my troops still have a chance to reload. Therefore, I'm routing his men one by one.

More foot troops approach from the front, but a threatening cavalry force looms in the back.

I have to split my army in half, one chasing the few infantry left in the front, and one half going to fight the force that turned out to be more than just meager cavalry.

I chase the routing Russians, and then win the battle. I forgot to take a picture of the results.

After that, there's only weak defences surrounding Moscow.

I send the remainder of my army (which is about 90% of it) to take Moscow.

In the midst of all this war, a new town is born. It's poor, but I get a school out of it for researching.

Then, the remainder of the Russian army is gathered into a main force, and attacks. Just to torture you guys, that's where I'll stop.

92% of teens have moved on to rap. if you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.

[This message has been edited by blader1176 (edited 01-29-2010 @ 06:02 PM).]

posted 01-30-10 04:35 PM EDT (US)     27 / 33  
Very good, but i dident like the ending, not fun to torture readers.

Ludwig II Award (craziest forumer) -- Sondre_norge, armenian (tie)
Continental Army Award (most improved forumer) -- Sondre_norge
Napoleon Award (most likely to be promoted) -- Sondre_norge
( can only dream about that happening)
posted 01-30-10 04:47 PM EDT (US)     28 / 33  
not fun to torture readers
And yet it works, look at Twilight. *vomit*

Cool AAR, looking forward to next installment.

60% of people use dodgy statistics in things such as forum signatures. Post this if you are part of the 50% who don't.
posted 01-30-10 05:18 PM EDT (US)     29 / 33  
look at Twilight. *vomit*
*pats Brutian on head*

Good boy

posted 01-30-10 06:00 PM EDT (US)     30 / 33  
Ah, but this is where you shall lose, no one has beaten the Russian winter! (except for the Mongols, who pwned the predecessor of the Russian state whose name I can't be bothered to remember at this time, and the Finn's, who used the winter against the Russians.)
posted 01-31-10 05:21 PM EDT (US)     31 / 33  
OOC: Only a quick update, here.

Chatper 6: No Russian

Alright, as I ended the chapter teasing you guys, here's the battle for Moscovy.

The first thing I do is build threnches, but I don't think It'll do much since half of Russia's force is attacking from the front and the other half from the back. I could've just made a circle of trenches, now that I think of it, but that would be really cheap to the easy AI.

I try to rout his calvalry to the south early on, but his infantry comes in faster than I expected, so I shift my cavalry to the other side, and move my infantry on the far right, so that my main line doesn't get flanked.

Russia's line infantry charges in from the front, and gets into a melee with my cossack infantry over the sandbags. Since I know Russia's good in melee, I need to be carefull here.

Then I bring the rest of my line over to support the fight south of the line.

I rout the entire Russian force, and end up being victorious 705 to 213 kills. Hooray.

I'm gonna have a lot of improving to do later.

[This message has been edited by blader1176 (edited 01-31-2010 @ 05:29 PM).]

posted 02-03-10 04:13 PM EDT (US)     32 / 33  
When is the next part coming out? I cant wait, but I would maybe suggrest making the chapters a bit longer.

Ludwig II Award (craziest forumer) -- Sondre_norge, armenian (tie)
Continental Army Award (most improved forumer) -- Sondre_norge
Napoleon Award (most likely to be promoted) -- Sondre_norge
( can only dream about that happening)
posted 02-08-10 07:13 PM EDT (US)     33 / 33  
I was away for a week, but now I'm back. I'll post another chapter, around thursday I think.

Edit: Ugh, I just got spore at Walmart. Give me a couple more days. :P

[This message has been edited by blader1176 (edited 02-15-2010 @ 05:52 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: