You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modifications
Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: What's happening on the designing front?
posted 07-07-06 05:23 PM EDT (US)   
What's happening on the designing front?

This thread is here to showcase all of the mod related projects and events happening at Rise of Legends. Take a look!

Latest News...

The Designing and Game Modifications forums are starting to get a bit more active with many upcoming mods, scenarios, and guides on their way!First, our newest cherub, Evolved, has been very busy. He has completed a Scenario Design Tips Example scenario that will teach you many tips and tricks for map designing. He has also been working on a Super Heroes modpack, though the download is bugged at the moment. MudokonGod has completed a multiplayer scenario called The Fallen Jungle. Agamemnus has created a helpful utility program, Typename Generator Using RoL XML Files. Be sure to check them out!

Also, Archaeopterix of Ambition Designs has stated that he is working on a scripting guide which should be complete soon if it isn't finished already. Evolved has announced his upcoming scenario, Inferno Valley, and I, Pepsidude_123 with the help of the other designers at Lucky-Zion Studios, have announced the upcoming multiplayer scenario, Sanctuary. Read about them here.

Finally, if you want to enter the RoLH Screenshot Contest, submit your screenshot as soon as possible.
»View the contest thread here

Upcoming Projects...

Are you planning on making anything or already making a modification or a modding quide for Rise of Legends?

Fill out this chart and show off your project!

Project Title:
Type: Mod, Guide, etc.
Author(s):

Description:

Progress:

Project Title: (Tentatively) Worshippers of the Moon
Type: Mod
Author(s): MudokonGod

Description: Adds Ix the Moon God to the Cuotl ensemble (including 4 spells), along with with a couple of new Moon-based units.

Progress: 50% maybe.

Current Events...

HGCon
Bringing Heavens Together

HeavenGames is considering an event to celebrate game modification and scenario design. The event would contain a whole variety of activities, and would be the perfect place for designers and modders alike to showcase their latest work. The event however is based around you, the forummer - so we need input! We would like to know your thoughts on such an event, and whether you would participate. All suggestions can be posted here, or sent to Blood Phoenix. Thanks!

Date: Unknown

[This message has been edited by Pepsidude_123 (edited 07-08-2006 @ 02:31 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-08-06 01:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Project Title: (Tentatively) Worshippers of the Moon
Type: Mod
Author(s): Me.

Description: Adds Ix the Moon God to the Cuotl ensemble (including 4 spells), along with with a couple of new Moon-based units.

Progress: 50% maybe.

posted 07-08-06 02:07 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Cool. Sounds nice.

posted 07-08-06 02:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
im trying to make a multiplayer map with a volcano lol

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
posted 07-10-06 08:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Well that's not too hard. Unless you want summat special, here's an example of a big, but not TOO tall volcano.

Using a medium brush, build up the general volcano shape, a rough cone for instance.
Next use a smaller brush and touch up some details - the crater, a few little peaks emitting steam dotted around, and you're ready for the flames.
Go onto Prefabs > None > Emitters and there is a volcanic one not featured on the volcanic tab. It's the first volcanic type one on the None Emitters section, though the name I can't remember. Use one of them. Then add in smoke, some more steam maybe, and you've got a good volcano. Add some more volcanic stuff in the crater if you want it to look awesome. Maybe use a few other things dotted around (those little things like boils look good).

EDIT: Oh yeah, this happens to be the worng forum: http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=6,18,,10

[This message has been edited by Evolved (edited 07-11-2006 @ 05:50 PM).]

Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » What's happening on the designing front?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames