You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven)

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New ETW articles
posted 28 August 2008 10:58 EDT (US)   
A load of new Empire:Total War articles are up on the ETW site here from the Lepzig Games Convention
here

One of them talks about having the limit for battles being up to 10,000 men!!

Edit: Also, Amazon and Play.com both have ETW up for pre-order, but they don't seem to agree what the RRP is.

Edit 2: HEY EVERYONE, YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS!!!

This is not a signature.

[This message has been edited by zlack (edited 08-29-2008 @ 03:55 AM).]

Replies:
posted 29 August 2008 07:58 EDT (US)     1 / 16  
Oooh. Very nice zlack. I'm up the walls at work so I'll get one of the others to news this.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

posted 29 August 2008 12:50 EDT (US)     2 / 16  
I had a chance to go through all of the articles except the video interview (I need to eat sometime). Two we have topics about already, and a few others were not very indepth. However the Gamespy article was simply outsanding, and the Total Video Games one quite good as well. Newsied both.
posted 29 August 2008 13:04 EDT (US)     3 / 16  
Some thanks would be appreciated.

There is some very juicy information on those sites and that interview, I really can't wait for the release, this game is EPIC.

Even though I got a new PC not so long ago and it runs M2TW no problem on highest settings, I'm still having doubts about whether it can handle ETW.

This is not a signature.
posted 29 August 2008 13:18 EDT (US)     4 / 16  
Thanks for further making me wild with anger and impatience towards this game's schedule, Zlack

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
posted 29 August 2008 18:04 EDT (US)     5 / 16  
High 5 zlack!

It is not enough that I succeed, but my enemies must fail.

I came, I saw, and was crushed.

Mongols? Time for a strategic retreat to the Atlantic.
posted 29 August 2008 18:07 EDT (US)     6 / 16  
Hey, I didn't get a high five!

*sighs*

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
posted 29 August 2008 19:52 EDT (US)     7 / 16  
High five, Legion.

Anyway, if someone wants to do some leg (finger?) work, I know there are some pictures of the alpha or beta campaign map online. I've seen them with my own eyes, but can't remember the exact site.

Veni, Vidi, well... you know.

Extended Cultures, A modification of RTW.

Si hoc legere posses, Latinam linguam scis.
ɪf ju kæn ɹid ðɪs, ju noʊ liŋgwɪstɪks.
posted 29 August 2008 21:34 EDT (US)     8 / 16  
Even though I got a new PC not so long ago and it runs M2TW no problem on highest settings, I'm still having doubts about whether it can handle ETW.
And i've got a computer that can only handle M2TW on low-medium settings and for somereason wont show blood...
posted 29 August 2008 21:41 EDT (US)     9 / 16  
posted 30 August 2008 01:55 EDT (US)     10 / 16  
No, it wasn't like that, it was an actual in-game screen with mini-map and everything (though the mini-map didn't show the full extent of the map.)

Veni, Vidi, well... you know.

Extended Cultures, A modification of RTW.

Si hoc legere posses, Latinam linguam scis.
ɪf ju kæn ɹid ðɪs, ju noʊ liŋgwɪstɪks.
posted 30 August 2008 03:25 EDT (US)     11 / 16  
Damn. And I mean DAMN! It sounds like they are really putting the I in AI. I hope the whole project comes together well and the game works out to be as great as it sounds!

No, I'm not being sarcastic.
posted 30 August 2008 04:49 EDT (US)     12 / 16  
High 5 everyone!!
Thanks for further making me wild with anger and impatience towards this game's schedule, Zlack
You're welcome!
I know there are some pictures of the alpha or beta campaign map online. I've seen them with my own eyes, but can't remember the exact site.
If you can find it then you get a high 10!!
Edit: I'll do a search for it.

And PrivateClark, that just looks like someone has found a world map and drawn lines on it.

This is not a signature.

[This message has been edited by zlack (edited 08-30-2008 @ 04:50 AM).]

posted 30 August 2008 12:22 EDT (US)     13 / 16  
@ PrivateClark's map:

Oh it is on! The epic life-and-death struggle between world powers to control the southern tip of Greenland begins!

posted 31 August 2008 06:35 EDT (US)     14 / 16  
"Even though I got a new PC not so long ago and it runs M2TW no problem on highest settings, I'm still having doubts about whether it can handle ETW."
Me too... *Starts crying* It's... not... fair... *Breaks down in tears, and has to be led off and comforted*

"[President Warren G. Harding's speeches] leave the impression of an army of pompous phrases moving over the landscape in search of an idea; sometimes, these meandering words actually capture a straggling thought, and bear it triumphantly, a prisoner in their midst, until it dies of servitude and over-work." -- William McAdoo
"He cannot be great, who has ceased to be virtuous." -- Dr. Johnson
posted 31 August 2008 07:39 EDT (US)     15 / 16  
I'll do a search for it.
Searched for it, found nothing but predictions.

At the moment, the campaign map is the thing I want to see the most, seen the sea battles, seen the land battles, I WANT TO SEE THE CAMPAIGN MAP!!

This is not a signature.
posted 31 August 2008 20:42 EDT (US)     16 / 16  
I want to see the game installed on my computer.

Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven) » New ETW articles
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames