You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Need some sort of code to play online [MP CD key]
posted 15 January 2006 06:34 EDT (US)   
I've never played online before and I took a deep breath and decided to take the plunge the other day.
But before the game would let me, a pop-up appeared and said something about a code or something??
Me and my brother checked all over the box and in the manual and couldn't find any sort of code.

"We must fight so well, that each man believes himself to be the chief cause of our victory."
Replies:
posted 15 January 2006 07:20 EDT (US)     1 / 3  
The code is generally on the back of the manual, or inside on the CD case. There are regional variations, depending on where it was produced for distribution.

When you locate the CD code on the back of your manual which comes with RTW, choose Multiplayer in the main menu, then choose the third option and type your CD code exactly as it is printed on the manual, or the original RTW CD case itself (then you have to open the case with CDs 1 & 2, and open the flap to get to the second CD, where the code is).

Have you tried searching the forums for similar topics key code? You might find something useful in there.

If you cannot locate your CD code, there only 2 ways to replace it:
1. Contact Activision.
2. Buy another retail copy (or maybe get one as a present). Some on e-bay are pretty cheap, but be sure you buy from an established, reputable seller.

[This message has been edited by Wartrain (edited 01-15-2006 @ 07:25 AM).]

posted 15 January 2006 09:59 EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Also, when it comes time to input a key (in any software or any game), if the key is rejected, it can be worthwhile to have someone (preferrable an non-computer geek) to carefully read & type it into notepad for you. See if they can independently come up with the same number.

O's and 0's , I's and 1's are commonly misunderstood, as are B's and 8's. If the other person hesitates or is confused about what a printed digit actually reads, perhaps that is the one that you mis-typed.

If you are actually sure you have 100% used the correct (as printed) number, the contact the manufacturer; in very rare cases, a new, retail online key is co-opted by hackers.

This thread now Indexed as:
CD code error, bad CD key, where is key [locate, find, serial, number, box, case, invalid]: 1 2

posted 23 January 2006 05:02 EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Thanks Wartrain. You're the best! I'll try it tomorrow. *starts biting nails at the thought of stepping out with the big boys in MP land*

"We must fight so well, that each man believes himself to be the chief cause of our victory."
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » Need some sort of code to play online [MP CD key]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames