Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Playtesting: Requests
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 01-18-08 07:48 EST (US)   

Playtesting: Requests

If you are looking for playtesters, add a post to this thread, stating the title of the map, the style of map, i.e. what does the scenario involve, which game this refers to and a link to the thread you created for it.

Sample:

The Tower of Ravens
Invasion map for Stronghold: large scripted invasions, pre-built castle, no economic goal requirements.

Please note: anyone volunteering for playtesting and any comments or discussions relating to this should do so in the relevant thread, not in this one. Please use this thread for recording the details of your requests for help.

Once your map has been tested and you are ready to submit it to the downloads section, please edit your post and either add something like Done at the botton of your request, or use strikeout strikeout

Sample:

The Tower of Ravens
Done

or
The Tower of Ravens

[This message has been edited by Sulis (edited 01-18-2008 @ 07:54 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-18-08 13:59 EST (US)     1 / 87  
Thank You, honorable Sulis, for Your work with the download section! Apologizes for my improper comment.

Nothing is as easy as it looks. │
Everything takes longer than you think. │
Smile... tomorrow will be worse.
│>>>Murphy's laws
"Now the neighborhood is cracked and torn..." - The Offspring
Stronghold Crusader projects: 300 Spartans, A Sweet Dream, Fathers' Sins, Chapter 1,
Chapter 2, Chapter 3
posted 04-21-08 15:07 EST (US)     2 / 87  
I played a map of mine, Little Keep on the Prairie that has been out for quite a while. Well, I lost on Normal level. I think I made it too difficult back when I released it and I have decided to update it and make it a little less tough. The main objective is to bless a large population to 60% and that to be done shortly after a large invasion has mashed the population. So I am planning to maybe cut the blessing to 50% and allow some more time to recover at the end.

It is a map that requires the player to trade from the very start to get wood to build the economy.

Does anyone want to have a go at playtesting the new version before I put it up on the site?
DONE thanks.

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Léugìm Campaign Contribute a Review

[This message has been edited by ericgolf (edited 05-09-2008 @ 01:16 PM).]

posted 04-22-08 03:13 EST (US)     3 / 87  
I'll have a go for you, if you don't mind waiting until Monday morning for the feedback (I have the coming weekend pretty much free to do Stronghold stuff). If you want a speedier response, no problem: I understand
posted 04-22-08 15:12 EST (US)     4 / 87  
OK
I've not done the change yet. If I don't manage it tonight then I'll do it tomorrow and email it to you before Thursday morning (if all goes to plan that is).

Thanks

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Léugìm Campaign Contribute a Review
posted 05-09-08 04:02 EST (US)     5 / 87  
Anybody wanna playtest a Crusader economy mission Im making?
posted 05-10-08 09:05 EST (US)     6 / 87  
You can email it to me, and I'll try it out.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\¦| Seraph |¦//--/_____/
\\//\\//
°ºº°
posted 05-12-08 07:40 EST (US)     7 / 87  
JuBuOrgangie, if you still need a playtester or two, then I/we are willing.
Knightly_Maps[at]live[dot].com

I'm always keen for a good economic based scenario!

TA
posted 05-12-08 14:20 EST (US)     8 / 87  
Sent.
posted 03-02-09 03:36 EST (US)     9 / 87  
Heyas, I need a playtester for my SHC invasion map entitled "A Civil Dispute." If anyone wants it just say so and I'll send it over.

"It was a fine cry, but it had no bottom and it had no top, just circles and circles of sorrow."
posted 03-03-09 07:52 EST (US)     10 / 87  
SHC invasions are my cup of tea, and the title of your new map sounds interesting. Would like to play test it.

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Greatness without Splendour,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
posted 03-03-09 11:55 EST (US)     11 / 87  
Sweet deal, I'll have to send it over tomorrow though, since I got a lot to do today. But you'll definitely get it. Thanks!

"It was a fine cry, but it had no bottom and it had no top, just circles and circles of sorrow."
posted 03-05-09 17:34 EST (US)     12 / 87  
Hi Players, I've posted my first SH1 map, Boris the thief, a multi map story, I have the second map ready for testing, I've tested the map and Peter2008 has also tested it.

Boris and the Pig, is another eco-invasion map, another outpost with more goals, this time you need the goods you need for the goals, and you have little money left from the first map but you do have 28 mace men, again on a ledge with little room and a full script.

Just for fun I added in iron and pitch on the other side of the river, I placed the pigs archers on a couple of wood towers and a couple of mace men to defend them, you can't kill them without the instant defeat. But with a bit of strategy you can get the goods.

Anyone interested in testing this map send me an email or post your request here.

This map is tested. Thank You all for the help.

Sir_Vet

sirvetka-at-gmail-dot-com

PS; Captain Diablo, if you want to send me your map "A Civil Dispute" I will be happy to try and give you a good report.

[This message has been edited by Sir_Vet (edited 03-16-2009 @ 02:34 PM).]

posted 03-06-09 03:39 EST (US)     13 / 87  
Sweet deal, I'll try to send it over by today.

Also, send Boris 2 over to me at jeeohn@yahoo.com. My profile's email is old and I haven't gotten around to updating it. :P Looking forward to playtesting it!

posted 03-06-09 11:09 EST (US)     14 / 87  
Hi everyone, could someone please help me playtest my new SH1 map Caerdalvia--Vaulnar? Thanks.

And Sir_Vet, if you still want playtesters I can help too. Although im not that good at SH or Crusader, so dont send me anything too tough

IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES GUILLOTINE

YAH

[This message has been edited by von Schmidt (edited 03-06-2009 @ 11:11 AM).]

posted 03-06-09 13:33 EST (US)     15 / 87  
Captain Diablo and von Schmidt, if you guys would like to send me your maps, my email address is in my last post.

I have a few things to change on the Boris 2 map, then I will send it out today.

Happy mapping!

Sir_Vet
posted 03-06-09 13:36 EST (US)     16 / 87  
Hi von Schmidt,

please send me your new map . I have fun playing.

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Greatness without Splendour,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
posted 03-06-09 18:36 EST (US)     17 / 87  
Sent

And sorry Peter... I accidentally sent the email before putting in the file, lol. Sorry.

YAH
posted 03-10-09 14:20 EST (US)     18 / 87  
I'll test it too

send it over

jeeohn@yahoo.com

posted 03-10-09 14:53 EST (US)     19 / 87  
Captain Diablo, do you want to test my map or someone elses?

Just want to make sure, I dont want to send my map to someone who doesn't want it

YAH
posted 03-11-09 14:55 EST (US)     20 / 87  
Of course! I'd love to--my mistake, I should have put your name in my previous post. :P

posted 03-15-09 22:14 EST (US)     21 / 87  
Been very busy working on a 'crossover' campaign for sh1/crusader- The Conquest.Basically it is a mini campaign set in the new world where you play as an English privateer,for those of you familiar with Errol flynn and the 'sea hawk'(i think?)Using various resources on the net and using actual characters from the time-one spanish conquistador COULD pass as the snake!
posted 03-16-09 14:46 EST (US)     22 / 87  
Been very busy working on a 'crossover' campaign for sh1/crusader- The Conquest
You should start a thread on that and show some of what you are making

[This message has been edited by ericgolf (edited 03-17-2009 @ 02:06 PM).]

posted 03-17-09 12:21 EST (US)     23 / 87  
To Ericgolf-progressing well with my scenario-crusader maps are almost done- used some ideas from you brilliant 'La Muerta Negra' map regarding pyramids(no himalayan height sadly!).The small(generic) city looks okay.Any tips on how to make'Macchu Picchu'better would be appreciated.Design on hold as i have started the final touches for my'Porkus Maximus' 5 map campaign for SH1(set around the same time as some guy called julius caesar!other maps under starters orders for sh2/legends-just have to find the time!I'd like to upload sneakpreviews but cant get the text'thingy' to work.
posted 03-17-09 14:11 EST (US)     24 / 87  
used some ideas from you brilliant 'La Muerta Negra' map regarding pyramids
Thanks for the compliment. And glad it came in handy.

And like I said please start a thread.
I'd like to upload sneakpreviews but cant get the text'thingy' to work.
Not sure what it is you are saying you are having difficulty with. Start a thread and we can discuss it there.

[This message has been edited by ericgolf (edited 03-17-2009 @ 02:11 PM).]

posted 03-17-09 15:08 EST (US)     25 / 87  
Hi Ericgolf,will start a new thread.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room » Playtesting: Requests
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames