Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Evil Dogs!
posted 08-01-07 00:10 EST (US)   
Do you hate War Dogs? Learn to absolutely despise the beasts with this quick and easy tutorial!

WARNING::

Using this technique will produce a single unusable tile, just be aware.

Step 1.

Create a 4 x 3 tile stone tile block as seen in the first picture.

Step 2.

Place two Wooden Gatehouses and delete the two left over stone tiles, their former positions are designated by the puffs of smoke. Add a single wooden wall tile as seen.

Step 3.

Now, select a Wooden Platform and place it as you see in the following picture. The platform may not orient itself the way you see in the following picture at first. With wooden wall tiles on only one of its faces the platform will give you only 2 different orientations. To alter between one or the other, left click on your mouse when you select the platform but do not release the button. Move the mouse slightly left or right until the platform alters its orientation to the one you need then release the button.

Step 4.

Place and then immediately delete a Perimeter Turret where indicated below.

Step 5.

Notice the compass heading. This is EXTREMELY important when considering what tile of the dog cage you want to keep. I personally felt that the tile kept by the compass orientation shown looked exactly like a heavy dirt tile. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this and you may choose a different tile. Most important is that the placement remains the same as in the next picture.

Step 6.

Simply delete everything except the single dog cage tile remaining. That is all it takes! Play around with it but most of all have fun!

Now you see me...

Now you don’t!...

Bad dog! I said BAD DOG!

This and one other tutorial are the last of my old group to get out before I start the new batch. The other tutorial is a rebirth of sorts. Follow the link for more information:

http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,3132,,10

UU

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah

[This message has been edited by UnikUnok (edited 08-02-2007 @ 04:30 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08-01-07 05:58 EST (US)     1 / 16  
Amazing. Must do that thing to my next map :P

As the enemies armies grow, so must yours.
http://Stronghold.wikia.com Stronghold Wiki

Alien Lord92
posted 08-02-07 03:59 EST (US)     2 / 16  
Thanks for the reply AL92

Hope it works for you.

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah
posted 08-05-07 15:17 EST (US)     3 / 16  
I don't understand why this is said "Bad dog! I said BAD DOG!"

They seem to be in no way bad, they just appear. Sorry for asking such a stupid question, but i'm curious :P

Regards,
SS

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles" - Sun Tzu.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Jean-Paul Sartre
posted 08-05-07 19:40 EST (US)     4 / 16  
It seems to be a command to stop the dogs from attacking, which seems to go unheeded for the poor spearman.

It's a neat trick, UU. The dogs seem to appear out of no where. It would prove a nasty surprise in maps!

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\¦| Seraph |¦//--/_____/
\\//\\//
°ºº°
posted 08-05-07 20:04 EST (US)     5 / 16  
When would someone use invisible dogs though?

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
Author: Thomas Paine
posted 08-05-07 20:48 EST (US)     6 / 16  
I can think of a few uses WL_D.. they help being invisible to make the player unaware of wolves coming out to ambush them
posted 08-06-07 05:19 EST (US)     7 / 16  
Mix them in with invisible troops, and then you can REALLY Freak out when they got stuff appearing out of nowhere. Theyll be like .

Oh just thinking about that makes me laugh.

Regards
SS

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles" - Sun Tzu.
posted 08-06-07 07:28 EST (US)     8 / 16  
Mix them in with invisible troops, and then you can REALLY Freak out
How does one make invisible troops? I have not seen those before. lol. (But seriously, I don't know how to make troops invisible).

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Léugìm Campaign Contribute a Review
posted 08-06-07 07:49 EST (US)     9 / 16  
Well you use the magic box I don't know if you have heard of it but: the magic box is actually a wooden gatehouse.With the erraser tool in the editor you delete the towers (be careful not to delete the gate itself) and then use a small tower and place it over the remaining wooden wall attached to the gate. And you have the magic box set a unit to go trough the box and when he is inside click stop.Close the doors and the unit inside is trapped. Then demolish the gate and the unit dissapears. But he is still there if you drag a square you will find him.The disadvantage is that when you set him to go somewhere he reapears so it can only be used as a surprise attack.

Here is a link where you can get a good idea how this works

Hope that answeres your question mate

Morbid Angel
BM corp.

If it's a doze it's a doze, if it's life it's life, the evironment can never be bliss. Author: Luben Karavelov.
posted 08-06-07 07:56 EST (US)     10 / 16  
Well explained BM, i've never personally used invisible troops. I can't quite get the hang out it. But, having a castle with invisible troops and invisible wardogs! It would look like a ghostown. I might look into this.

Regards,
SS

posted 08-06-07 20:51 EST (US)     11 / 16  
Wow that is so evil and brilliant.
posted 08-07-07 05:54 EST (US)     12 / 16  
Thanks for that explanation, BMC. You know I might be able to use that. Heh Heh Heh *diabolical laughter*
*heads off, with diabolical laughter echoing in his wake*

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Léugìm Campaign Contribute a Review
posted 08-15-07 10:05 EST (US)     13 / 16  
Heh heh, yes, try filling those invisible gatehouses with Oil engineers set to an aggressive stance!

I am glad so many seem to have enjoyed this one. If anyone noticed Death Bunny, I am currently researching and having some success with getting Lions in SH. I hope to create Caged Lions. Due to my upcoming move I am currently shut down on all production/testing etc. Yet as soon as time permits I will get all those tutorials out.

If I can, I will try to get Harlow's Wood out there for interested Beta testers before my move as it is nearly ready.

posted 08-15-07 11:10 EST (US)     14 / 16  
Caged lions could be tricky if not impossible however almost all of crusaders files can be transfered into SH1 so i wont rule anything out.

Perhaps naming the lion file to that of the wolf file in SH1 would do the trick...

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
posted 08-15-07 14:01 EST (US)     15 / 16  
Lol, Nope that gives you DEATH BUNNIES!

Nay, I've gone to Hex Yuri for simple stuff such as color changing. Hexpro for my Frankenstein animals. Lions that don't turn into bunnies was fairly easy once I found it but the attack graphics were all screwed up as of my last foray. I am able to get the lion icon in the editor tool bar but at the expense of another animal. Until it is a simple file you drop into the GM without any sort of penalty to the original SH, it is not really worth much more than the odd humor post in the Sword and Buckler.

Lots O' crashin' naturally :P

[This message has been edited by UnikUnok (edited 08-15-2007 @ 02:02 PM).]

posted 08-15-07 22:45 EST (US)     16 / 16  
Lots O' crashin' naturally
I can imagine, hope you are backing up your original files

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Evil Dogs!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames