Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Tricks with peasants and workers
posted 01-29-08 14:57 EST (US)   
Greetings all! A tutorial is submitted but I thought that this will catch Your attention. Here are a few tricks that can be made with workers:

1. Duplicate workers in one working place!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

As you can see there's only one woodcutter's hut and many woodcutters, who head to the single building. This trick is very easy: press on the desired building, pause the game, sleep and wake your worker and activate the game. You will see that another worker is going to the same workplace!

2. Controlling your workers and peasants (Works only on Stronghold 1)

First of all you need to know how to make a rally point: mark some troops, press ctrl and 1. Now whenever you press 1 the group of those soldiers will be activated. Disband the troops and press 1 - now you can control the peasants! If you construct some buildings - the controllable peasants will become controllable workers! Very easy!

Download the detailed tutorial here

Sincerely,
AZ ViTrAzhAs

Nothing is as easy as it looks. │
Everything takes longer than you think. │
Smile... tomorrow will be worse.
│>>>Murphy's laws
"Now the neighborhood is cracked and torn..." - The Offspring
Stronghold Crusader projects: 300 Spartans, A Sweet Dream, Fathers' Sins, Chapter 1,
Chapter 2, Chapter 3

[This message has been edited by AZ ViTrAzhAs (edited 01-30-2008 @ 12:08 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-29-08 22:38 EST (US)     1 / 12  
Amazing!

My guess is this trick has to do with the GM files

'.___________'-._______________.-'__________.'
.--.________.-~"^'~-.____'~-.-~+¤=≡↵-._◊¤†¤◊_.-↵≡=¤+~-.-~'____.-~'^"~-.________.--.
.-________'.__'.____.-~"'_________"'~-._..-~¤+¤=↵≡+-.._◊Ĭ◊_..-+≡↵=¤+¤~-.._.-~'"_________"'~-.____.'__.'________-.
'._.-'^'-._ __'-._.-~"_"Ï'~.-=¤◊↵Dark Water.wip↵=¤~-¤._◊_.¤-~¤=↵Skirmish Masters↵◊¤=-.~'Ï"_"~-._.-'___.-'^'-._.'
posted 01-30-08 01:55 EST (US)     2 / 12  
Actually no Suraj! These tricks work fine without any modifications

│>>>Murphy's laws
Stronghold Crusader projects: 300 Spartans, A Sweet Dream, Fathers' Sins, Chapter 1,
Chapter 2, Chapter 3
posted 01-31-08 04:11 EST (US)     3 / 12  
There is actually a full tutorial for this on Stronghold Knights
http://www.stronghold-knights.com/site/article255.html-1

To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so.
Robert Orben
posted 01-31-08 05:58 EST (US)     4 / 12  
Yes but there's no description about the doubled workers, besides I haven't seen a description about this trick in heavengames.

│>>>Murphy's laws
Chapter 2, Chapter 3
posted 01-31-08 16:46 EST (US)     5 / 12  
Hello.Just to let you know that i have used this and i like it!Secondly -yes there is a full tutorial on SHK ,i've read the save-to-map technique for SH1/Crusader,but here's the Big-one the save-to-map works for SH2! read my post(darknessascends is my i.d there)Basically i thought "what if it could work for sh2/legends?)i gave it a try and it worked!(1)you will find that it will confuse the game as you never leave the wooden keep in 'path of peace' so the utility programme on that site may help-SHK-Map-unlocker in sh2 downloads,(2)but for custom maps it's fine i tried it on my 'the sea wolves'map without problems,but i havent tried it out for Legends yet.Anyway just thought i'd let you all know! L.D

[This message has been edited by Lord Dredde (edited 01-31-2008 @ 04:47 PM).]

posted 02-17-09 17:35 EST (US)     6 / 12  
Hi Lord Dredde, I see you found the save to map trick for SH2, Your right it does work.
I have looked closely at this idea and have found that over the long run, SH2 will become messed up and you will have the strangest anomalies happening, not to mention the loss of hard work on a map that you can't fix. ( Sorry to correct you but it can be a problem)

Sir_Vet
posted 04-08-09 06:17 EST (US)     7 / 12  
Buildings with multiple peasants is funky, but I wouldn't do it in a game because I see it as cheating. You may say that anything the game allows can't be cheating, but I disagree because it's against the spirit of the game, oh yes.

Controllable peasants I'd heard about previously. What use are they? You can't send a peasant to a building. The only thing I can think of is if the worker's route between building and stockpile is, e.g. covered by enemy archers, you could get your peasant to take a safer route. Any other suggestions?
posted 04-08-09 07:30 EST (US)     8 / 12  
You could do a map maybe where you are a hunter, traveling around, and use him as an archer. You could fill all your towers with hunters, or use woodcutters as (really) cheap infantry to combat a sudden attack or something. The possibilities are (almost) endless!

IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES GUILLOTINE

YAH
posted 04-08-09 09:49 EST (US)     9 / 12  
I'm awestruck by von Schmidt's suggestion. Won't the hunters resume independent action as soon as they reach their destination? Even so, I can think of missions where it would have made a difference. Groovy!

[This message has been edited by Sarariman (edited 04-08-2009 @ 09:56 AM).]

posted 04-08-09 21:34 EST (US)     10 / 12  
Yes, I've tried before, unfortunately, they resume their jobs when they get to the location
posted 04-09-09 04:12 EST (US)     11 / 12  
That certianly limits the usefulness of this trick. Also you should bear in mind what unit is being turned into a peasant. It isn't worth doing unless the unit is an impotent ladderman, tunneler, engineer or siege engine.

So when I finally write the Stronghold mission to end 'em all, you'll start with 30 wood, ten enginqueers, ten bows and some gold, facing an attack well before bows can be manufactured.

I also like the idea of having to guide a resource collector because the most direct route is covered by the enemy.

[This message has been edited by Sarariman (edited 04-09-2009 @ 05:02 AM).]

posted 04-21-09 09:54 EST (US)     12 / 12  
Trick number 1, it's realy cool...i made it!!!
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Tricks with peasants and workers
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames