Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 3x3 Magic Eraser
posted 03-21-08 10:21 EST (US)   
This is by far the most simple magic eraser to create and use, I stumbled upon it after a while of experimenting in the editor, and with GrumpyGills looking for a quick way to remove farmer huts I thought it was about time I let everyone know about it.

This one's for you Grumpy.

Ok, here we go.

Step one: -

Place a small wooden gatehouse, depending on your map rotation you may have to alter the type of gatehouse you place. It’s a good idea to see what side your farmers hut is on before you place the gatehouse. You wouldn’t want to waste valuable seconds re-doing this particular eraser again…it’s so complicated.

Step two: -

In the landscape editor, select the detlete tool and delete the platform. There you have it, a 3x3 magic eraser.

This is how it should look now.

Now you can take a farm, and place the farm hut in the 3x3 tile space like so...

Finally, usind the delete tool in the building editor (not the landscape editor) and destroy the small wooden gatehouse.

There you have it Grumpy, a farm without the hut.

Happy map making.

Alexus.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
Author: Thomas Paine
Replies:
posted 03-21-08 11:26 EST (US)     1 / 16  
Wow!!! This would be even more impressive if you maybe would go start the game and let the wheat grow then turn it back to map and then delete the hut. Is this the way you get apple trees by themselves???
posted 03-21-08 16:57 EST (US)     2 / 16  
Dude!! OMG!! I have Ia great idea! Use wells!

EDIT: It worked! I tried it with wells, and the workers got water from nowhere! Then I placed a river and it looks like they get the water from the river! Posting thread now, jsut need your approval to make a tutorial.

Monkcrazy5

Creator of the maps"of fire and of water"

Livers are icky, he can keep it. I take my heads like any good barbarian-Subrosa
For the love of...leave my liver out of your sig!-Impspy

[This message has been edited by monkcrazy5 (edited 03-21-2008 @ 04:58 PM).]

posted 03-21-08 17:53 EST (US)     3 / 16  
Thankyou Warlord_Designs, this shall help a lot.
Thanks for the time to show us!

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
The Buddha Gautama

Creator of the Syr Groompi maps<
posted 03-21-08 18:53 EST (US)     4 / 16  
Actually JuBuOrangie,

the farm in the current state is still fuctional, the worker siply goes about his business as usual. The farm is also indestructable now, so you dont need to worry about the enemy destroying them.

If you would like a permanent eye-candy effect, simply let the weat grow, and then use the save\map trick to load it in the editor. Then using the 1000 stone trick, place stones over the wheat. You then delete the farm, and all that remains are the areas of wheat you have stamped with the stones.

No magic eraser is required.

As for the loose apple trees, you need the unpatched stronghold, you would place apple farm and simply wait for the offs-shoots to spawn. There are templates available at stronghold knights which have maps full of loose apple trees.

Not a problem at all, GrumpyGills.

Alexus.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.

[This message has been edited by WarLord_Designs (edited 03-21-2008 @ 06:56 PM).]

posted 03-22-08 01:05 EST (US)     5 / 16  
In my latest competition submission, I am using this effect for a family's home. I have 2 apple farms and a wheatfarm. The apple farms have 3 apple trees each, and no farms have huts. My next task is to blend a bakery, a house, a granary, and hopefully a stockpile into the one plot, so that the "family" can keep coming back to the house, before going out.

Although it "looks" like the apple farms only consist of 3 trees each, it is still taking up the full plot of land. However, in this map, that doesn't matter, as it is solely eye-candy.

Thanks WL_D! Hope to see more tutorials from you in the future!

The Buddha Gautama

posted 03-22-08 01:25 EST (US)     6 / 16  
wow, that sounds interesting. Quite a mix.

can't wait to see the results.

Alexus.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

posted 03-22-08 23:13 EST (US)     7 / 16  
Without much playtime with the Stronghold 1 editor, I'm still bewildered by magic erasers, but stunned by their use. I wish they could be made with Crusader.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\¦| Seraph |¦//--/_____/
\\//\\//
°ºº°
posted 03-23-08 02:29 EST (US)     8 / 16  
Just an idea, and I may be shunned from the room and run home crying (wait! I already am home!), but isn't there a way to swap the buildings of SH1 into SHC?
So if you had a wooden wall in SHC (say, in lieu of the lowered stone wall), then you could build the magic erasers, do what you want, delete all traces of SH1 buildings, and then revert the graphics.

I have no idea.
Time to wait for the know-it-alls to come along. Shun me oh mighty Shunner!

The Buddha Gautama

posted 03-23-08 06:46 EST (US)     9 / 16  
I dont think that will work.

The trick comes from a bug in the game programing and that bug isnt present in crusader.

The trick didnt evolve due to graphics but programming.

Most tricks are bugs made useful.

Subindxsubin
"OMG return of the forummers! Welcome back, chaps!"-King Of Scots
"Holy......Subin's back!"-Venomrider
"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword-Jesus my lord
"I would send you some snow Subin if I knew it wouldn't melt."-Lady Arcola
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master
posted 03-23-08 07:23 EST (US)     10 / 16  
The bug uses a wooden gatehouse, unless you riskily transfer that to the crusader game, then you can't do it. But! You can use the 1000 stoens trick.

Monkcrazy5

Creator of the maps"of fire and of water"

Livers are icky, he can keep it. I take my heads like any good barbarian-Subrosa
For the love of...leave my liver out of your sig!-Impspy
posted 03-23-08 07:29 EST (US)     11 / 16  
Monkcarzy5, if you are talking about transfering the graphics, that wont work.

As I said, the trick is a bug in the game's programming.

You would have to sit down and a work a way into the game. In short hacking is required.

Subindxsubin
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master
posted 03-23-08 09:00 EST (US)     12 / 16  
Actually, wooden buildings were planned to be in SHC, but they must have decided not to after a while. (elfofthefire already did that hacking for us)

Anyway, I never thought getting a 3x3 magic eraser would be so simple
posted 03-24-08 21:42 EST (US)     13 / 16  
Thanks for sharing the tutorial, WL_D!! This could come in very handy for my next map, The Leven Wars, Ch. III.
posted 03-25-08 01:56 EST (US)     14 / 16  
No problem, glad people are finding it useful

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

posted 03-25-08 06:02 EST (US)     15 / 16  
No problem, glad people are finding it useful
Dont be so glad, I find it useless.

Subindxsubin
posted 03-25-08 08:54 EST (US)     16 / 16  
Excellent work once again, gentlemen!
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » 3x3 Magic Eraser
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames