You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Well workers getting water from a river!
posted 03-21-08 16:59 EST (US)   
Hey everybody! Yesterday WLD posted the 3x3 magic eraser post. I thought, hey, what else is 3x3? Woodcutters huts, wells...and then the farm huts he came up with. But it can also take chunks out of buildings, to save room. You can have 700 woodcutters huts and not even know it. Anyway, I took the well and put it in place of the platform. I playtested. The workers came to the spot where they should be. I added a fire. The workers got water from nowhere. I made another map, made a few buildings, made the wells again and aligned the river with the wells. I shceduled a fire, and the wellworkers didn't come to the river. I added 2-3 more spaces on. I playtested. Finally! The sat down right next the the river! And when the fire came, they ran from the the river, put some buildings out, ran back RIGHT on the river, and turned around with a full bucket. It worked! Who needs wells for water when you can have rivers? The tutorial will be made later.

This is a picture of the well workers sitting by the river without the wells.

This is a picture of one of the well workers putting out a fire and the other one getting water from the river.

Happy mapmaking!
~monkcrazy5

Edit: I also tried making windmill irrigations! I'm just messing around with water features atm, but here's a picture.

No intended beauty here, I just made a little passage to a windmill, diagonally through it. You can't see it, but they can get into the windmill. The river is at max height, apparently windmills are taller than mountains. The problem is that when you change the view 90 degrees, the windmill direction changes. I added ripples to make it more realistic, but only from the screenie's view.

Happy mapmaking!
~monkcrazy5

Monkcrazy5

Creator of the maps"of fire and of water"

Livers are icky, he can keep it. I take my heads like any good barbarian-Subrosa
For the love of...leave my liver out of your sig!-Impspy

[This message has been edited by monkcrazy5 (edited 03-21-2008 @ 07:12 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-21-08 18:38 EST (US)     1 / 4  
Youre pics dont work... You have to sign in.
posted 03-21-08 18:59 EST (US)     2 / 4  
Oh....well ok...
Edit:
Pictures are working now!

Monkcrazy5

Creator of the maps"of fire and of water"

Livers are icky, he can keep it. I take my heads like any good barbarian-Subrosa
For the love of...leave my liver out of your sig!-Impspy

[This message has been edited by monkcrazy5 (edited 03-21-2008 @ 07:12 PM).]

posted 03-21-08 19:16 EST (US)     3 / 4  
hi monkeycrazy, I have ripway space and it is not too tricky to make your pics show up for the forumers:-

1. Just log into you webspace, go to "Myfiles", brouse to the folder with your pics
  2. click on the link next to the pic called "open". It will open in your browser.
  3. Copy the URL out of your browser address bar.
  4. Open a new browser tab or windo to SHH and edit your thread top post.
  5. PASTE and the URL should be put into your post here as a link which should work

Try it. I would like to see your pics

edit
I see that while I was typing this reply you were fixing the pics. Well done!

PS. Great idea with those water guys !

[This message has been edited by ericgolf (edited 03-21-2008 @ 07:20 PM).]

posted 03-22-08 01:27 EST (US)     4 / 4  
Very interesting,

great to see new designs being descovered, keep it up.

Alexus.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
Author: Thomas Paine
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Well workers getting water from a river!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames