Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Deleting invisible rocks
posted 05-24-08 13:11 EST (US)   
Greetings mapmakers! Nowadays most of the creators know about the 1000 rock trick, however it seems that if the invisible rocks are placed - they can't be erased. Fortunately there's a way:

As you can see there's a pesky invisible rock, which was added by mistake - now anything can't be build on it.

First, paint the area with grass for example:

Now you can clearly see the stone. Now lower this tiny square, where the rock is situated:

After you have lowered the stone, place a cactus-like shrub on it: remember, only cactus like shrub as no other editor feature can erase the invisible rock.

To make sure that this works, let's paint the are with grass build the barracks:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well, as you can see, the pesky invisible rock has been deleted

I hope this was useful!

Sincerely,
ViTrAzhAs

Nothing is as easy as it looks. │
Everything takes longer than you think. │
Smile... tomorrow will be worse.
│>>>Murphy's laws
"Now the neighborhood is cracked and torn..." - The Offspring
Stronghold Crusader projects: 300 Spartans, A Sweet Dream, Fathers' Sins, Chapter 1,
Chapter 2, Chapter 3

[This message has been edited by AZ ViTrAzhAs (edited 05-26-2008 @ 08:10 AM).]

Replies:
posted 05-24-08 19:33 EST (US)     1 / 19  
so this will not work in the original?
But good find monseigneur!
posted 05-24-08 19:36 EST (US)     2 / 19  
Huh good question, I'll try all the Stronghold's shrub as soon as possible

│>>>Murphy's laws
Stronghold Crusader projects: 300 Spartans, A Sweet Dream, Fathers' Sins, Chapter 1,
Chapter 2, Chapter 3
posted 05-24-08 22:00 EST (US)     3 / 19  
Amazing finding Az.

Subindxsubin
"OMG return of the forummers! Welcome back, chaps!"-King Of Scots
"Holy......Subin's back!"-Venomrider
"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword-Jesus my lord
"I would send you some snow Subin if I knew it wouldn't melt."-Lady Arcola
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master
posted 05-24-08 22:20 EST (US)     4 / 19  
Actually all you have to do is place grass over it in the original Stronghold, I thought people knew this already,

At least people who weren’t aware of it are now.

Good work,

Alexus.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
Author: Thomas Paine

[This message has been edited by WarLord_Designs (edited 05-24-2008 @ 10:23 PM).]

posted 05-24-08 23:49 EST (US)     5 / 19  
Yep, I quite agree. We should make an organized SH1 mapmaking dictionary with all these amazing finds (7 years after the game is out!). Pity they're scattered over 7 years of topics.

..."religion is the opium of the masses"... - Karl Marx.
posted 05-25-08 04:40 EST (US)     6 / 19  
Thanks for the info WarLord_Designs, you saved my time Sadly in Crusader it's the only way you can delete the annoying rocks

│>>>Murphy's laws
Chapter 2, Chapter 3
posted 05-25-08 08:17 EST (US)     7 / 19  
Actually all you have to do is place grass over it in the original Stronghold, I thought people knew this already,
Wow. I did not know that. Do you mean that you can wipe out a tile frozen by the 1000/2000-stone trick by placing grass on it?
We should make an organized SH1 mapmaking dictionary with all these amazing finds (7 years after the game is out!). Pity they're scattered over 7 years of topics
Maybe it could be done via a Wiki? That is aphabetical and it could maybe link to threads here. Did someone not already start a Stronghold wiki somewhere? Who was that now?
posted 05-25-08 08:48 EST (US)     8 / 19  
Wow. I did not know that. Do you mean that you can wipe out a tile frozen by the 1000/2000-stone trick by placing grass on it?
Lol, yes that easy

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
posted 05-25-08 08:55 EST (US)     9 / 19  
But I remember everyone including WL_D saying everwhere that it is not reversible.

I thinka Alien lord made a wiki.

Subindxsubin
"OMG return of the forummers! Welcome back, chaps!"-King Of Scots
"Holy......Subin's back!"-Venomrider
"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword-Jesus my lord
"I would send you some snow Subin if I knew it wouldn't melt."-Lady Arcola
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master
posted 05-25-08 09:59 EST (US)     10 / 19  
you can build where an invisible rock was but you still cannot terrain the area

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

posted 05-25-08 10:00 EST (US)     11 / 19  
Really? in Crusader, after this rock has been deleted, you can terrain...

│>>>Murphy's laws
Chapter 2, Chapter 3
posted 05-25-08 10:11 EST (US)     12 / 19  
there is 1 type of shrub that you can place, (after you have gone over the unbuildable space with grass) delete and then you can terrain the spot. Its the small shrub, on the first line with the trees.

Exactly like you would in crusader with the cactus

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

[This message has been edited by WarLord_Designs (edited 05-25-2008 @ 10:14 AM).]

posted 05-25-08 10:21 EST (US)     13 / 19  
I know one has started, but I doubt it has gotten very far, otherwise we'd all know about it.

Here is the site:

http://stronghold.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

It doesn't really have all that much information on it, everything could be basically found by a one-year player. It doesn't really discuss any advanced topics in detail, such as smooth himalaya and magic eraser.

We really should get to work archiving. Even 3 players, each just contributing one article a month, a very reasonable demand, we could amass a sizeable heap of information within a year on mapmaking.

..."religion is the opium of the masses"... - Karl Marx.
posted 05-26-08 07:12 EST (US)     14 / 19  
I added an article on slingers. Never have before.
posted 05-26-08 07:49 EST (US)     15 / 19  
Wow I didn't realize you could then place terrain over it after the shrub placement, increddible find!

I am a builder so I've only ever been concerned with placing buildings so grass was all i ever needed, but this removes the stone tile completely and allows terrain to be placed over it...very helpful.

Well done on the new find. ...after all these years we still have much to learn it would seem,

Alexus.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

[This message has been edited by WarLord_Designs (edited 05-26-2008 @ 07:50 AM).]

posted 05-26-08 08:05 EST (US)     16 / 19  
How stupid of me - I forgot to post the picture, where the stone is covered with grass

│>>>Murphy's laws
Chapter 2, Chapter 3
posted 05-26-08 17:13 EST (US)     17 / 19  
Artofmath, we could just start writing articles for Stronghold Knights and here, boost their archives more than already. This way they only need to come to two places for all their stronghold goodness.
posted 05-26-08 17:22 EST (US)     18 / 19  
Wow I didn't realize you could then place terrain over it after the shrub placement, increddible find!
I agree. The lengths I have gone to when making sure I don't place that 2000th stone somewhere I don't want frozen. (I have been laying out neat arrays of stones so I can keep a close count on them)...

Now it is good to know there is some way back from freezing a tile you don't want frozen
posted 06-04-08 14:58 EST (US)     19 / 19  
Yeah, the people know it, so what? For everything there's first time... i remember how much time did I spent, until I found this trick... Good job AZ, the new mapmakers (perhaps some old, too ) should find this really useful

No pain, no gain!
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Deleting invisible rocks
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames