You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Adding a Cede (or any other event) To a Map That Does Not Have One
posted 07-06-08 09:15 EST (US)   
There were a lot of people asking about this, so I finally made a mini-tutorial. Any questions you can ask me or AZ.
You will need a memory finder (preferably t-search (google t-search download))

-Start up crusader/stronghold
-Alt+tab to tsearch
-Press 'Open Process'
-Choose Crusader.exe
-Go into the map editor, make an event at the default start date with the autostop condition and the wheat disease
-Go back to t-search, click search (the magnafying glass) and search for the default start date with the default options
-Alt+tab back to crusader and change the start date to anything.
-Alt+tab back to t-search
-Click 'Search Next'. (The magnifying glass with 3 dots after it) and search for the new date you set.
-You should now have only 1 thing in the small box, which is the date that you set. Click the green + arrow to add it to the table.
-Once it is in the table, select it, and click 'Open in hex editor' (The little page with all the numbers on it)
-The Hex editor will appear on the bottom.
-Change the 0C to whatever event you want.
-Save your map

Event Codes
00-Win
01-Lose
02-Message
03-Wolf Sleeps
04-Wolf Awakes
05-Traveling Fair
06-Time Off
07-Time On
08-Cede Castle
09-Crossbow Available
0A-Message (Can't Select One)
0B-Plague
0C-Wheat Disease
0D-Hops Weevil
0E-Apple Blight
0F-Tree Fungus
10-Rabbit Explosion
11-Wolf Attack
12-Bandits
13-Mad Cows
14-Bandits
15-Marriage
16-Jester
17-Unknown Mission Special
18-Auto Binks ON
19-Auto Binks OFF
1A-Win and Message
1B-Lose and Message
1C-Turn of Repeating Invasions
1D-Theft From Granary
1E-Fire
1F-Action 32
20-Action 33
21-Action 34
22-Action 35
23-Action 36
24-Action 37
25-Action 38
26-Action 39
27-Troops
28-Weapons
29-%Blessed
Replies:
posted 07-06-08 18:08 EST (US)     1 / 16  
is it possible to have two cede events. like: you arrive at a map and take over a small outpost. here you let your economy grow and you swell your numbers. after that you attack a castle that is in the vicinity and take over that castle.

if that is possible i can use it on my next map.
posted 07-06-08 18:35 EST (US)     2 / 16  
By my knowledge; no. When you cede, the entire map turns yours. You can, however have 2 cedes, where you take a castle, and then when an army attacks you, it becomes yours. See numerous Brave Sir Robin maps as they have them.

With that idea of yours; you could have your keep, surrounded by enemy buildings (maybe a few of your own) and have enemy patrols going around. I am not sure whether the eneemy would attack the buildings, but if not, then when you kill the enemy, you can rebuild the economy, so it is in someway you are taking over the enemy outpost.
posted 09-28-08 21:18 EST (US)     3 / 16  
This is kind of old, but has anyone found this useful?
posted 09-29-08 15:41 EST (US)     4 / 16  
I have not used it but it is the kind of thing that might very well come in handy for anyone who regrests not having started their map in the cede template.
posted 09-29-08 17:20 EST (US)     5 / 16  
I have to confess that I completely missed the original post, Dumptrailer2. But yes, it is useful, and it's always good to know that somewhere at SHH the information is available. It's making me think of new scenarios...
posted 05-18-09 17:17 EST (US)     6 / 16  
Dumptrailer, I am currently working on a map and I'm wondering how far you can make this go. On my map I am planning to have at least 3 cedes, and I am wondering if I can do that. I am also wondering if this T-Search thing will bug up my SH... could you please help me with this? If you wanted to I could even just send the map over to you and you could program in it yourself

Thank you! -vSchmidt

IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES GUILLOTINE

YAH
posted 05-18-09 18:24 EST (US)     7 / 16  
As you know, I can't really play much SH at this time, von Schmidt, but I'd be happy to add the events in if you would send the map over to me.
posted 05-19-09 12:22 EST (US)     8 / 16  
Thanks Dumptrailer I'll send the map over later today when I get the time.

IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES GUILLOTINE

YAH
posted 05-19-09 19:40 EST (US)     9 / 16  
Aight, Ill be able to do it by this weekend
posted 06-25-09 09:13 EST (US)     10 / 16  
I have changed event... i think i have changed. then comed back to SHC and i had saw a buggy SHC... i have saved and now idk where is mine map have hided... creepy thing ;(
posted 09-10-09 13:39 EST (US)     11 / 16  
OK, I had a go on this one, but was not successful.

Problem starts after

"-The Hex editor will appear on the bottom."

Yes, it does. But

"-Change the 0C to whatever event you want."

Question: which of the aproximately 2.999.999 "0C" am I supposed to change? Or all of them?

Sorry, might be a stupid question, but...

I tried to change the first that appeared, Stronghold crashed. (However, I could restart it normally, so no problem)

I tried to do the same with another event (0F - Tree Fungus) and compare... but no chance. Dont know where to look.

And I cant imagine one has to change all 0Cs - the way I understand it it is just a number - and OK, number 12 is wheat desease, but would that automatically mean that everything with 0C would refer to that event?

I thought I just ask befor I try changing them all - possibility to mess up completely...

Am I doing something wrong and there actually should be only one line with a changable "0C" to be easily recognised?

Thank you for your help,
best

Beatrice
posted 09-11-09 08:10 EST (US)     12 / 16  
(Dumptrailer should write a veeery long tutorial on this.)

beatrice, you have already created alot of things on the map?
Otherwise, simply use a template* map like the Cede-Scenario utility map for SH1 by Earl Listibald.

* in German: Vorlage

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Greatness without Splendour,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
posted 09-12-09 13:19 EST (US)     13 / 16  
Thank you, Peter

I will have the templates in mind for future maps.

Actually, I am trying this tutorial out of curiosity - as a result from this thread

http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,3537,,10

mainly wanting to find out what the "unnamed" events are, but also because I think knowing how to add a cede (or any other event) later could be very useful one day

Best
Beatrice
posted 09-13-09 05:45 EST (US)     14 / 16  
Just to let you know, beatrice. That link in the post above does not lead to a tutorial. I leads to your thread in this forum entitled "scripting - special actions?". Did you paste the wrong URL in there?
posted 09-13-09 14:38 EST (US)     15 / 16  
Thank you Ericgolf

But I did that on purpose.

As this IS the thread of the tutorial in question, there is no need to link to it.

I did not want, as Peter thought, to use the „adding a cede“ tutorial because I need it for a map I am working on,
but for the reasons written in the earlier thread (the one I linked to) in which someone showed me to the “adding a cede” tutorial here.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and thanks for making me aware of it

best
Beatrice
posted 09-14-09 13:41 EST (US)     16 / 16  
Ah. I understand what you were saying now
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Adding a Cede (or any other event) To a Map That Does Not Have One
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames