Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: World War Two Mafia (Alternate History) - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
posted 06-17-10 03:59 PM CT (US)   

WORLD WAR TWO MAFIA: ALTERNATE HISTORY

It is September 1938. The German Confederation has declared war on Prussia after a succession of diplomatic incidents, engineered by the ruthless Chancellor, Adolf Hitler, and his nefarious followers. Having spent almost two decades modernising with French assistance, the Confederation is well-armed, well-supplied and well-suited to a short, sharp war against the economically-chastised Prussian state.

Britain has honoured its defensive agreement with Prussia, and has declared war on the German Confederation. However, this has had the predicted effect of bringing the French Empire into war alongside the southern German alliance. The beginnings of a great global conflict are taking shape.

Day 7
The Winners

4. Heir - Francisco Franco (Neutral Bus Driver)
5. dsmi - Nikola Tesla (Allied Inventor)
6. Count M - Alexander von Falkenhausen (Allied Doctor)
7. Ensemble Nut - Ismet Inonu (Allied Roleblocker)
14. Charliedog - Douglas MacArthur (Allied Governor)

Dead

16. Mikkim Ashrzr - Ioannis Metaxas (Axis Roleblocker) - Lynched Day 1
10. Thymole - Alexander Kerensky (Neutral Noble) - Killed Night 1
9. WRP Beater - Gabriele D'Annunzio (Neutral One-Shot Vig) - Killed Night 1
2. Rot Thymole - Emperor Napoleon VI (Axis Deputy Godfather/Odd Night Recruiter) - Lynched Day 2
1. Coldviper - Bernard Montgomery (Allied Cop) - Killed Night 2
15. Mozzy - Adolf Hitler (Axis Godfather) - Killed Night 2
3. Buffychick - Francois Darlan (Axis Investigator) - Lynched Day 3
12. dsmi - Anthony Eden (Allied Even-Nights Recruiter) - Killed Night 3
17. Maegereg - Isoroku Yamamoto (Empire Deputy Godfather) - Lynched Day 4
8. Veridian Cleric - Emperor Pu Yi (Empire Roleblocker/Investigator) - Lynched Day 5
18. Mozzy - Chiang Kai-Shek (Allied One-Shot Iron) - Killed Night 5
13. Ashrzr - Ramon Mercader (Communist Intermittent Serial Killer) - Lynched Day 6
11. Olympus - Tojo Hideki (Empire Godfather) - Lynched Day 7

RULES

The usual. Communicate outside the thread only if you're allowed to, etc. No funny business, or a can of Newt-flavoured whoopass will surely be opened.

Note: Mod posts may contain flavour or characters not necessarily appearing in the game.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy

[This message has been edited by Newt_Gunray (edited 09-05-2010 @ 06:59 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-17-10 04:00 PM CT (US)     1 / 1066  
Confirm role emails in the sign-ups thread, please.

"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
posted 06-17-10 04:23 PM CT (US)     2 / 1066  
THYMOLE@yahoo.com

please send it again, I recieved nothing
posted 06-17-10 04:33 PM CT (US)     3 / 1066  
I think he's in the process of sending them out right now, Thymole. I think you'll find it if you check back in a couple of hours.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 06-17-10 04:36 PM CT (US)     4 / 1066  
Confirmed!
posted 06-17-10 05:58 PM CT (US)     5 / 1066  
I will accept any misplaced confirmations because I'm really such a nice chap.

posted 06-17-10 06:06 PM CT (US)     6 / 1066  
ooops im sorry *blushes* blonde moment...
posted 06-17-10 06:38 PM CT (US)     7 / 1066  
Confirmé

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 06-17-10 06:41 PM CT (US)     8 / 1066  
Didn't even read the rest of the post. Sorry.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 06-17-10 06:42 PM CT (US)     9 / 1066  
Obviously it's not just girls that get blonde moments, but also men made of cheese.

posted 06-17-10 06:53 PM CT (US)     10 / 1066  
We who suffer from this illness prefer to be referred to as Cheddar Chaps, Brie Bloke, or any of the amusing names Wulf has given me.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀

[This message has been edited by Mozzarella Man (edited 06-17-2010 @ 06:54 PM).]

posted 06-17-10 09:33 PM CT (US)     11 / 1066  
posted 06-18-10 05:19 AM CT (US)     12 / 1066  
Confirmed,
posted 06-18-10 07:10 AM CT (US)     13 / 1066  
Confirmed.

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 06-18-10 07:12 AM CT (US)     14 / 1066  
Nah, I'm joking.

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 06-18-10 09:37 AM CT (US)     15 / 1066  
Confirmed
posted 06-18-10 10:19 AM CT (US)     16 / 1066  
DOWN THE REBELS! UP THE BRITISH!
posted 06-18-10 10:22 AM CT (US)     17 / 1066  
Put me down as a replacement; ashrzr@gmail.com

EE forever
posted 06-18-10 10:58 AM CT (US)     18 / 1066  
Hi Ash.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 06-18-10 11:02 AM CT (US)     19 / 1066  
Seeing as they were still an empire at this stage and still have some atrocities to commit (india is a great example) it'd be fantastic if you didn't encourage this.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 06-18-10 11:08 AM CT (US)     20 / 1066  
Who was it that said that Coldviper jokes around a lot when he's mafia?
Considering we have nothing better to go on at this stage, VOTE: Coldviper/
This is basically a random vote, btw.

Quote (anonymous) You are the
smartest, yet dumbest person I've
ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
several years ago at birth. small reward.
posted 06-18-10 11:14 AM CT (US)     21 / 1066  
I haven't even started Night 0 yet!

posted 06-18-10 11:15 AM CT (US)     22 / 1066  
Vote: Newt

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 06-18-10 11:44 AM CT (US)     23 / 1066  
Naughty Time!

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 06-18-10 01:47 PM CT (US)     24 / 1066  
Vote: Xzy

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 06-18-10 06:16 PM CT (US)     25 / 1066  
Vote: WRP

Now the next player vote for me, and we'll just go in a circle like this for the rest of the game.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 06-18-10 06:21 PM CT (US)     26 / 1066  
Vote: Every last one of you, right down to the lizards.

posted 06-19-10 05:09 AM CT (US)     27 / 1066  
Newt, unvote or the mafia will speedlynch

posted 06-19-10 07:23 AM CT (US)     28 / 1066  
Yeah, they'll probably speedlynch me.

Right. I think everyone has their appropriate role emails. Therefore, without further razzamattaz:

It is now Night 0.
Send all night actions in to mideonsworld@aol.com
Night will last 48 hours.

posted 06-19-10 09:54 AM CT (US)     29 / 1066  
Shut up xzy. You're just sad because the British were so much more awesome than Russia.

[This message has been edited by Coldviper (edited 06-19-2010 @ 09:54 AM).]

posted 06-19-10 10:20 AM CT (US)     30 / 1066  
Darn it...I did not mean to edit that. I thought we were still in the signup thread .
posted 06-19-10 11:03 AM CT (US)     31 / 1066  
I request the immediate modkill of Coldviper. Followed by some punishing ass rape
posted 06-19-10 11:08 AM CT (US)     32 / 1066  
I'm British and most of my family fought for the empire. Stop your nonsense.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
posted 06-19-10 11:09 AM CT (US)     33 / 1066  
Don't post, it's night time!

posted 06-19-10 11:11 AM CT (US)     34 / 1066  
I still don't see why me being presumably russian has anything to do with the British capitulating from all their territories leaving millions to die in the chaos, either.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
posted 06-19-10 11:59 AM CT (US)     35 / 1066  
Why is it that, whenever I host a mafia, everyone tanks up on halluconogenics first?

I'm starting to get a complex.

posted 06-19-10 11:59 AM CT (US)     36 / 1066  
You're American.

posted 06-19-10 12:52 PM CT (US)     37 / 1066  
You don't realize how ignorant you look when you assume you know someone's lineage better than them? Coldviper just made that mistake.

I don't have British citizenship, but I have the ancestry which is what Coldviper was referring to (his remark was denoting a specific timeframe long before I was born). I do not have American ancestry, citizenship or culture. You *don't* call Canadians Americans as commonwealth culture is different than american culture.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
posted 06-19-10 01:33 PM CT (US)     38 / 1066  
One would assume you're Russian with the fact that your nationality in the AOMC thread states that you are Russian and you're always going on about the Soviet Union.

Now let's be quiet and send in our night actions.
posted 06-19-10 01:37 PM CT (US)     39 / 1066  
I only asked Elrich to give me a soviet flag and he couldn't do that, so he gave me the federation flag.

If you knew me you'd know my nationality so don't pretend like you do. It really pisses me off when people randomly get buddy buddy with me.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
posted 06-19-10 02:44 PM CT (US)     40 / 1066  
Quiet, you buggers!

About half of the actions are in. Day will start either after the 48 hours are up, or all the actions are in.

posted 06-19-10 02:46 PM CT (US)     41 / 1066  
Buddy buddy with you....hahahahahahahahahaha
posted 06-19-10 03:17 PM CT (US)     42 / 1066  
Buddy buddy... XD
Who would ever be your buddy? Ha ha ha!! You think you're an oldie! ha ha!!

posted 06-19-10 05:10 PM CT (US)     43 / 1066  
You guys are all newbies. Civ2H was awesome. :-(

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
posted 06-19-10 05:12 PM CT (US)     44 / 1066  
Civilization 2 is old.

posted 06-20-10 07:42 AM CT (US)     45 / 1066  
Two actions left to come in. Night ends in about 10 hours.

posted 06-20-10 08:33 AM CT (US)     46 / 1066  
All I remember about civ 2 was that Leonardo's Workshop was amazing, and hearing the damn Senate questioning my "Republic" dictatorship
posted 06-20-10 07:06 PM CT (US)     47 / 1066  
December 1938

The 'phoney war', they call it. So far, not much has happened on the military front. The French and German troops are mobilising, and skirmishes happen on the Prussian frontier, but at the moment no pitched battles have taken place. There is a danger of complacency.

As the western powers use diplomacy to try to strengthen their cause, the only real notable event was, allegedly, an attempted assassination on Guard of Olympus. Although not much information is being released about it as yet, it is thought that anarchists were behind the attempt.

It is now Day One.
Someone tried to kill Guard of Olympus, but failed.
There are still 18 alive, so it is 10 to lynch.

posted 06-20-10 08:03 PM CT (US)     48 / 1066  
So we have anarchists, eh?

A note: I may have terrible logic during this game because I know next to nothing about military history.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 06-20-10 08:09 PM CT (US)     49 / 1066  
Let the games begin!

TotallyrandomVote:Ensamble
posted 06-20-10 09:03 PM CT (US)     50 / 1066  
You can't even spell his name right?

Anyway.

VOTE: France

On principle.

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » World War Two Mafia (Alternate History) - Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: