You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Back To The Roots Mafia - Game Thread (Day 1)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
posted 12-22-10 03:01 PM CT (US)   

Back to The Roots Mafia

Created by Xenophone, with help from Ashrzr

In the rolling hills of rural Italia, the sleepy town of Santa Mafia was gently grazing through life, one sleepy day at a time. Molto Bene! Ah the smell of pane wafting around in the morning. Bellisimo. Mama, if only it would stay that way! La mafia has different ideas, dangerous, murderous, blood thirsty ideas. Dio ci aiuti

Rules

• No communicating outside of the game thread

• No editing your posts

• No strategizing at night

• Do NOT quote your role email, paraphrase if you must. Modkill if you do. No second chances.

• I never make a mistake, ever. If there is a mistake, it's yours. Let me know so I can correct your mistake.

• Activity is a must. Post at least once every 48 hours. If there is alot of attention on you, this is 24 hours. I will accept anyone who is on the inactivity list. If you don't post for 48 hours, no warning, no prod. You get replaced and barred from all my future games. Anyone else gets one prod and one prod only

• Night lasts 72 hours maximum.

• The flavour will contain alot of Italian sterotypes. By signing up you agree not to be offended if you are Italian. Got it?

• Do not criticise the game setup until end-game.

• Flavour may or may not include failed kills. It is at my discretion what is revealed. Do not rely solely on the flavour.

• Im god! Im yellow and bald as you should know from HeavenGames Main Mafia Mafia.

• Italian style writing, posts and refrences is optional, but encouraged and requested. You do not have to if you do not wish. But the mod requests it as a hilarious side

• Vote and using the following format

[b]Vote: Xenophone[/b]
    [b]Unvote: Xenophone[/b]

Players

1. Marge - Mliukkonen@hotmail.com
    2. Herr - ritvikmats@gmail.com
    3. THYMOLE - THYMOLE@yahoo.com
    4. Gil - mohanabhaas@gmail.com
    5. Boukary - guardofosiris@gmail.com
    6. Newt - mideonsworld@aol.com
    7. Mozzy - PSpaperstacks@gmail.com
    8. Maeg - maegereg@gmail.com
    9. Leif - leif.ericson@heavengames.com
    10. Magiceye - adlasrikant@yahoo.co.uk
    11. ABU Henrz - a_banned_user@hotmail.co.uk
    12. Wanderer - theexeter@gmail.com
    13. workman Marge - Mliukkonen@hotmail.com
    14. Buffy Henrz - lisa.dafoe@hotmail.com
    15. Blatant VII THYMOLE

Players barred from playing:

Ashrzr

• "Xeno is clearly the evil Chuck Norris reincarnate" - Major Helper
    "Honestly, I thought Nick Clegg was a classmate of Dom's" - Mozzarella Man
    "HIS POOR GRAMMAR MAKES SENSE NOW, HE IS AN ELEPHANT" - Ashrzr
    "sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
    "I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo

[This message has been edited by Xenophone (edited 02-13-2011 @ 08:32 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 12-22-10 03:28 PM CT (US)     1 / 692  
    The flavour will contain alot of Italian sterotypes. By signing up you agree not to be offended if you are Italian. Got it?
    Got it.

EE forever
    posted 12-22-10 04:58 PM CT (US)     2 / 692  
    I'm offended because I know that the Italian stereotypes aren't going to be funny, is all. /notitalian

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 12-22-10 05:09 PM CT (US)     3 / 692  
    Hush now people!

"Xeno is clearly the evil Chuck Norris reincarnate" - Major Helper
    "sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
    "I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
    posted 12-22-10 06:06 PM CT (US)     4 / 692  
    It says it is noght 0.

Does it mean that roles have been emailed. becoz i just checked and i havent received mine. just want mod to confirm if he has sent in roles yet or not.

Thanks.
    posted 12-23-10 04:08 AM CT (US)     5 / 692  
    Ja, all roles have been sent. Im sure I saw you had confirmed. I've resent it now.

posted 12-23-10 04:12 AM CT (US)     6 / 692  
    Mod email is domt9414@gmail.com

posted 12-23-10 07:57 AM CT (US)     7 / 692  
    I haver received the email yet about my role. Checked spam
    Folder too. I have just written to u at gmail.la resend it by return of email.
    If problem
    Still persists, can u send me my role via ash as he isn't playing the game.
    I had no problems receiving the mail
    From him during the invisible mafia game.
    Also check he email u are sending to .the one on the game page is right

Many thanks
    posted 12-23-10 08:01 AM CT (US)     8 / 692  
    I haver received the email yet about my role.
    *cringes*

Try "haven't"
    posted 12-23-10 01:48 PM CT (US)     9 / 692  
    confirmed receiving the email
    posted 12-25-10 02:45 AM CT (US)     10 / 692  
    I will be leaving for a planned Christmas vacation that will last until Thursday (Dec. 30). I am deeply sorry for game time that I will likely miss, but I am still deeply interested in playing. So, please don't replace me unless it's necessary.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
    ´ `  |_\
           |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
    ______|______
     \        /
       .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 12-25-10 11:40 AM CT (US)     11 / 692  
    Should be ok.

posted 12-28-10 05:36 AM CT (US)     12 / 692  
    Anyone who has not sent in an action has 24 hours.

Apologies for the delay

posted 12-29-10 08:25 AM CT (US)     13 / 692  
    The night came and passed. It had been a long one but an uneventful one. Some people were suspicious of others, other merely slept all night. The townspeople awoke to a shock; everyone was still alive.

It is now Day 1. No-one died. With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Mod kindly change to (Day 1) please

posted 12-29-10 08:31 AM CT (US)     14 / 692  
    Well, that's both good and bad. Good since nobody died but bad since we've nothing to work with.

Guess we'll have to randomly vote since the cops shouldn't come out with their info yet

VOTE workman

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
    You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
    Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
    I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
    Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
    -=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
    posted 12-29-10 08:54 AM CT (US)     15 / 692  
    Lol, pressure the newbie?

Okay, I might have something, but lets see what else is happening.

RB got lucky?

Good for us!

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
    Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    I was being stupid. - Herr
    posted 12-29-10 10:49 AM CT (US)     16 / 692  
    I'd support any roleblockers coming forward.

That'll give us somewhere to start
    posted 12-29-10 11:06 AM CT (US)     17 / 692  
    Well, tbh I was thinking of coming out right off the bat, so the second post should be good enough

I am a third-party roleblocker, but I can only use my action once per person.

I did not use my action on night 0, since I consider it too risky for I might hit a doctor or cop.

Madre de dio, I hope this won't be the end of me!

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
    Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
    -=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
    posted 12-29-10 11:07 AM CT (US)     18 / 692  
    Oh yeah, I'm a survivor before anyone asks

posted 12-29-10 12:01 PM CT (US)     19 / 692  
    Lets get started,
    I'm Alfonso Giordano, head of the town jail, and hence, the jailer.

I jailed Herr last night. And there's no kill.

I sense something here.

Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    posted 12-29-10 12:22 PM CT (US)     20 / 692  
    Vote: Major Helper

I am the town roleblocker, and if we are to believe Gil's claim about being a jailer then there is absolutely no scope for a third-party roleblocker in my opinion. Add to that the fact that he is a survivor, so there's no point in investigating him, so he's highly suspicious.

I'm a bit suspicious of Gil too, but mods are increasingly going for a jailer instead of a doctor to add unpredictability, so we might have Gil instead of a proper doctor.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 12-29-10 12:34 PM CT (US)     21 / 692  
    There is absolutely no evidence of a blocked kill, there's a high probability that the mafia were inactive.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 12-29-10 01:12 PM CT (US)     22 / 692  
    Mafia going inactive?

I think the mod would rather wait and have their action, especially night 0.

posted 12-29-10 01:29 PM CT (US)     23 / 692  
    Vote Herr

Because it doesn't relate matter yet and I'm still pissed over Bon Jovi mafia. :/

Anyway. Flavor justification for both please.

Herr then Major.

I think most likely we had a blocked kill and one inactive scummy
    posted 12-29-10 01:38 PM CT (US)     24 / 692  
    ^
    Yeah.

Names and flavor please.

I think I gave mine,
    the flavor, I keep the criminals from doing their acts, but also keep them alive for their trial.
    And I like to boss 'em around.

posted 12-29-10 01:39 PM CT (US)     25 / 692  
    If you remember, the deadline was extended (right)? Inactive scum is entirely possible.
    I am the town roleblocker, and if we are to believe Gil's claim about being a jailer then there is absolutely no scope for a third-party roleblocker in my opinion. Add to that the fact that he is a survivor, so there's no point in investigating him, so he's highly suspicious.
    I have to ask- if he was lying, why would he claim? He'd have to have already decided to claim roleblocker (the game has barely started), and then decided to claim for pretty much no reason. I mean, he didn't even claim that he blocked anyone last night. If you're scum, claiming for no reason, and claiming third party for that matter, seems rather stupid.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 12-29-10 02:05 PM CT (US)     26 / 692  
    Vote: Herr
    I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad.
    Vote Herr Elessar
    There was good time to send in night actions but still the deadline was postponed which I believe is due to the fact that all night actions may not have been received.
    This is a 15 players game. Hence it is very likely to contain 2 killing factions. I can believe that the Sk maynot have sent in it's kill due to real life issues and and being ignorant of the deadline but not the mafia faction. They are usually group of 3 and even if 1 missed the deadline post , the other 2 would have prodded the 3rd to send in the kill. So very unlikely that mafia missed the deadline. Only that there is no kill is because the mafia hitman was roleblocked . I will go bi Gil's claim at this time and in extrapolation, it is likely that Elessar's action was blocked and hence no kill on night 0. But if Elessar turns out to be who he claims he is, then we would have to give a second thought to Gil's claim.

Wow, took me 15 minutes to type this on my iPhone.
    posted 12-29-10 02:15 PM CT (US)     27 / 692  
    Well hold up. Just let em claim first.
    posted 12-29-10 02:40 PM CT (US)     28 / 692  
    Yeah, let's hear from Herr.

FoS for now

posted 12-29-10 03:32 PM CT (US)     29 / 692  
    Fair enough. I am Antoinette 'Facile' Conti, the town roleblocker. My character is a prostitute. She knows how to take men out, get them drunk and then do what follows. I interrupt men's lives and they choose to go out with me even if they have more important things to do because of the above reason.

posted 12-29-10 03:42 PM CT (US)     30 / 692  
    The mod had waited for 5 days and still not gotten many actions, so it's possible.
    I have to ask- if he was lying, why would he claim? He'd have to have already decided to claim roleblocker (the game has barely started), and then decided to claim for pretty much no reason. I mean, he didn't even claim that he blocked anyone last night. If you're scum, claiming for no reason, and claiming third party for that matter, seems rather stupid.
    To justify a guilty result later on? He is inexperienced, so it could be a mistake too. I didn't block anyone last night either.

@Mod - Will blocked kills be reported in the write-ups?

posted 12-29-10 03:57 PM CT (US)     31 / 692  
    Yes, failed kills whether they are due to protect or roleblock are mentioned in some format in the flavour. They will be hinted at but not said outright. It's up to you lot to work out what the flavour means

Carry on.

posted 12-29-10 04:02 PM CT (US)     32 / 692  
    Thanks Xenophone.

So you see, nothing was blocked.

posted 12-29-10 04:10 PM CT (US)     33 / 692  
    If I recall correctly, a prostitute is usually a mafia-aligned role-blocker. I'm not saying it's impossible for Heir to be pro-town, and the flavor does seem like something Dom would use, but it would seem strange that Heir is what he is.

Then again, if he was blocked and made a kill last night, it would have been reported in the short write-up--it wasn't. So I'll hold off on voting for him for now; I think we can trust him.

Just putting this out there, I think we might want to continue jailing Heir; he's a valuable player.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 12-29-10 04:15 PM CT (US)     34 / 692  
    You yourself made a prostitute the town roleblocker in one of your Storyteller mafias Mozzy, as Ferret can testify.

I totally don't mind being jailed unless you have a roleblock target for me.

posted 12-29-10 04:21 PM CT (US)     35 / 692  
    I will go bi
    tmi

EE forever
    posted 12-29-10 04:23 PM CT (US)     36 / 692  
    I never made a prostitute into a pro-town role-blocker. I just told him (her) to act very sexy. But the player's role was never "prostitute". "Prostitute" is usually reserved for mafia role-blockers, as far as I know.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 12-29-10 04:47 PM CT (US)     37 / 692  
    The word prostitute isn't mentioned expressly in my flavor either, but the implication is clear.

posted 12-29-10 04:51 PM CT (US)     38 / 692  
    So basically we have three claimed roleblockers´``? I think at least one of them is lying, maybe not about their role, but possibly about their alignment. I believe Gil the most since he claimed jailer, which is a harder role to fake since you are kind of claiming doctor as well´.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 12-29-10 04:51 PM CT (US)     39 / 692  
    Ignore all those stupid apostrophes

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 12-29-10 04:59 PM CT (US)     40 / 692  
    @Heir, Nevermind.

The jailer (doc + rb) played really terribly by claiming on Day-f***ing-One, and will likely be killed tonight. If there is another protection role out there, can we please get the jailer protected?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 12-29-10 05:57 PM CT (US)     41 / 692  
    Unvote

Well that's annoying. Thought we had something...

Major we should hear you're flavor. Otherwise...

Seeing as we seem to have inactive scum (the lazy dildos...)

I think this is the list of those most likely to be scum

Marge
    Wanderer
    workman
    Blatant VII

Except for blatant, I put you guys in here simply because I don't know you/you aren't regulars here and could easily forget.

And possibly
    ABU (highly doubt it but you've been gone for a while... Might have forgotten)
    Buffy (again, doubt it, but you're sporadically inactive)
    Leif (you mentioned being absent, but seemed to be aware of things so you would have sent an action)
    posted 12-29-10 06:12 PM CT (US)     42 / 692  
    Me? INACTIVE? Anything but I spend my waking hours waiting for people to post and then you post massive amounts of messages when I'm sleeping/away Was watching Hurt Locker, sorry for not responding earlier.

I am an ex-soldier Fabrio Gallo, people respect me although not very much for I'm not a local. I have contacts and if I feel the need arise, I can have a person blocked for a night. I've survived for this long so I definitely don't want to die in a town like this.

posted 12-29-10 07:01 PM CT (US)     43 / 692  
    I think we're jumping the gun a bit by assuming it was mafia inactivity. Don't most hosts randomize any actions that aren't submitted? Now obviously r4z0r doesn't have to follow in the footsteps of other mods, but it's something worth bringing up.

As it is, we have yet to hear from several players. Since we don't have enough evidence to condemn Herr, Gil, or anyone else, I'd recommend waiting for some others to voice their opinions.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    posted 12-29-10 07:07 PM CT (US)     44 / 692  
    Whoops, I seemed to have skipped over Major's flavor.
    I am an ex-soldier Fabrio Gallo, people respect me although not very much for I'm not a local. I have contacts and if I feel the need arise, I can have a person blocked for a night. I've survived for this long so I definitely don't want to die in a town like this.
    Something bothers me about the way he words this. For starters, "people respect me although not very much for I'm not a local" is strange in itself. Also, my main issue with the flavor is "I have contacts and if I feel the need arise, I can have a person blocked for a night." That's it. Herr explained to us how exactly he roleblocked people, but Major is rather vague on the topic. The contrast between the two claims suggests that either Herr or Major is lying, imo.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    posted 12-29-10 07:25 PM CT (US)     45 / 692  
    Taking the Mod's comment into account that says that any blocked kills will be reflected in the flavor, I cannot see any reflection of blocked kill in Mod's Night 0 post.

Hence I dont think that Elessar tried to kill anyone at all.

I just feel that it is due to inactivity that the kill order wasnt sent. So that could petentially make up for Elessar's claim for not being a killer as he was quite active during the festive period, esp. excited about the prospect of winning Thy in a bet.

Sorry Mole, If I intruded into your private life.

Unvote Elessar
    posted 12-29-10 07:38 PM CT (US)     46 / 692  
    Marge=Major Helper?

That explains a lot...

@magic: that's fine man :P
    Thy's sooo pretty... She has this thick red and silver double helix dyed into her hair...[/whatever the hell that was]

Blatant's post makes him seem less suspicious of being inactive through the night. How bout wanderer?
    posted 12-30-10 00:15 AM CT (US)     47 / 692  
    I think the other thing to note about Major's claim is that it's another roleblocker. We're at four blocking roles now? This is starting to seem rather excessive.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 12-30-10 00:36 AM CT (US)     48 / 692  
    I'm a roleblocker

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 12-30-10 01:04 AM CT (US)     49 / 692  
    He'd still be the third, Maeg, unless you're one too.

posted 12-30-10 02:09 AM CT (US)     50 / 692  
    My character is a prostitute. She knows how to take men out, get them drunk and then do what follows.
    Isn't it a very standard role to claim, like, fool-proof claim for a scum to do, with no one questioning the, er, flavor?

And I don't see why you have got a middle name when I didn't, nor even Marge. I'd ask other town members if they have middle names as well.

I had claimed coz we needed leads.
    It can't be guaranteed we had no failed kill. Xeno said it won't be stated outright, just subtle hints.
    It had been a long one but an uneventful one. Some people were suspicious of others
    The suspicious part accounts of the cop and RB.
    Uneventful part, maybe the stopped kill. The killers were jailed/RB, so there would be no action, right?

Also, we see we have 2 RB with a jailer as well. Fishy here.

Marge had no need of claiming. He claimed after Thymole asked whether any RB blocked someone. Why on earth a scum would come out and claim just couple of post after day started, that too a survivor RB. Either he is a very very foolish scum, or a survivor who thinks he might get screwed if he claims after some time.

With me, Jailer isn't a role that can be faked, you see.
    As Mozzy said, I'm bound to be the target tonight.
    Also, coming out and putting suspicion on someone else blatantly is just suicidal.
    I had dope, I presented it.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Back To The Roots Mafia - Game Thread (Day 1)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames