HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Harry Potter Mafia game thread - Day 5
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
posted 01-13-11 04:39 PM CT (US)   
My email is heavenmafia1@gamil.com . All night actions and question should be directed to above email.

All Characters, storyline, ideas are derived from J K Rowlings series of Harry Potter and she has the sole rights. I am only using those characters for our entertainment.

The roles have been takem from all 7 books of the series. The roles have been randomized before being awarded to participants using random.org.
So people cannot take for granted about certain individuals having power-roles.

On the night of Monday, October 31, 1981, at Godric’s Hollow:

James Potter: "Lily, take Harry and go! It’s him! Go! Run! I’ll hold him off ------"

Lily runs upstairs and goes to Harry’s room where is sleeping contently unaware of the events that were to unfold.

The events which will lead to his parent’s death.
The events which will lead him to fight some of the darkest creatures the wizarding world have ever seen.
The events which will lead to the re-formation of Order of Phoenix to protect him.
The events which will lead to eventual friendship with Hermione Grainger and Ronald weasley.
The events which lead to the ultimate showdown with the darkest Wizard of all times- Lord Voldemort.

The sounds of someone stumbling from the room -- a door bursting open -- a cackle of high-pitched laughter --
Lily: "Not Harry, not Harry, please not Harry!"
Voldemort: "Stand aside you silly girl … stand aside now."
Lily: "Not Harry, please no, take me, kill me instead ----- "
Lily: "Not Harry! Please … have mercy … have mercy… "

Harry hears a shrill voice laughing and her mother screaming.

Then Harry remembers a blinding green flash and a burning pain in his forehead, then a high, cold cruel laugh. Voldemort had used the Killing Curse on Lily and Harry.

Lily was killed, but 1-year-old Harry survived, marked with a large jagged wound by the curse meant to take his life. Voldemort lost almost all of his powers as well as his body, and fled "horribly weakened."

Years later, what Lord Voldemort has to say of the incident:

"Pain beyond pain, my friends; nothing could have prepared me for it. I was ripped from my body, I was less than spirit, less than the meanest ghost … but still, I was alive. What I was, even I do not know … I, who have gone further than anybody along the path that leads to immortality. You know my goal – to conquer death. And now, I was tested, and it appeared that one or more of my experiments worked … for I had not been killed, though the curse should have done it. Nevertheless, I was as powerless as the weakest creature alive…"

Such was the devastating effect of Lily’s protective charm.
Lily is no longer alive to protect Harry.

Harry has just turned 17. With him becoming an adult in Wizarding world, Lily’s protection will no longer protect Harry. Lord Voldemort has been resurrected and now has attained the powers to battle Harry again.

The Battle ensues between Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort.

Will Harry Potter win and ensure the towns win or Will Lord Voldemort’s dark powers finally overpower the town? Who will aid him in the destruction of the town?

Let the game Begin.

The game starts with Day 1. Please note earlier post and title saying Night 0. That has been rectified.

It is actually Day 1 and people can start discussions.

Those Alive :

4. Thymole - THYMOLE@yahoo.com
11.maegereg - maegereg@gmail.com
12. Marauder1221 - benzoo98@yahoo.com - replaced by Xeno
13. Henrz - Henrz.Me@Hotmail.com
15. Buffychick - lisa.dafoe@hotmail.com

Those Dead :

10. Xenophone - Serial Killer with ability to become iron on one night of his choice.
3. Herr Elessar- Traitor, Flavor cop, with ability to be recruited by the Mafia once identified.
6. theferret- a Mafia Investigator, with ability to investigate each night and ability to convert Peter Pettigrew to his fold.
5. Ashrzr - Harry Potter-A jack of all trades.
2. Mozzarella Man - Alastor Moody, a jailer
8.Sirius Black (Newt_Gunray), a masonic one-shot doctor
9.Hermoine Jean Granger (BastWorshiper), an alternating cop alternating doctor.
7. Abhaas Periagil - Bellatrix Lestrange, a mafia one-shot self-jailer (one-shot iron)
1. Major Helper-Rubeus Hagrid, a masonic one-shot roleblocker
14. Leif Ericson - a Mafia Investigator, with ability to investigate each night and ability to convert Peter Pettigrew to his fold.

Role claims :

Player:
1. Major Helper - Rubeus Hagrid
2. Mozzarella Man - Mad-Eye Moody
3. Herr Elessar - Peter Pettigrew
4. Thymole - Cornelius Fudge
5. Ashrzr - Harry Potter
6. The Ferret - Remus Lupin
7. Abhaas Periagil - Minerva McGonagall
8. Newt Gunray - Sirius Black
9. BastWorshiper - Hermione Granger
10. Xenophone - Lord Voldemort
11. Maegereg - Filius Flitwick
12. Marauder/Xeno - Severus Snape
13. Henrz - Ron Weasley
14. Leif Ericson - Neville Longbottom
15. Buffychick - Albus Dumbledore

Vote count :

Awards :

Playing God: Host a mafia at HGMM (5)-- TME 5 points

Silver Tongue: Be the first to vote for a player who is subsequently lynched (as scum) - The ferret for lynching Xeno as Lord Voldemort.

My email is heavenmafia1@gamil.com . All night actions and question should be directed to above email.

My E-mail is heavenmafia1@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by Themagiceye (edited 02-25-2011 @ 07:37 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-13-11 04:40 PM CT (US)     1 / 546  
Rules:

# Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary!!! DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS! DON'T! KEEP THAT FINGER OFF THE EDIT BUTTON! EVEN IF YOU MAJORLY SCREW UP, NO EDITING! TREAT YOUR MESSAGES AS IF YOU HAD SAID THEM ALOUD IN A CONVERSATION!

# Staffers, please do not edit other's posts, unless necessary because of CoC

# Do not reveal any game changing information after your character has died. So no telling what your inspection told you if you're killed.

# This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise. The scum may of course talk to each other via MSN, email or other such means, as they know each other. But no scum-townie or townie-townie talk! You may talk to me via the thread or email/msn, but please consider before posting as you may reveal something accidentally!

# Do not quote my emails. Paraphrase. You may only quote my emails if I tell you that you may do so.

# No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise. That's right, NO TALKING DURING NIGHT! If you have questions, send them to me through email if it can't wait, otherwise wait until daytime.

# Follow HeavenGames' Code of Conduct. Really this so go without saying.

# During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Bolding is required or I won't count them as votes!!!!!!!!!!
# If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote. Bolding is also required. Failing to do so will make your new vote to be ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!

# The game will start on Day One.

# Lynches require a simple majority. For those with bad maths, the number needed shall be posted every day.

# Days will last as long as they need to, within reason. If I sense that the day isn't going anywhere, or it's just getting ridiculous, I shall give a warning of how long there is before night falls.

# Nights will last exactly three days, or as close as I am able to make. It is your responsibility, not mine, to get your night action in.

# All roles will be assigned randomly.

Here's a good site with information of the mafia roles and the beginner's tutorial has a barebones explanation of the game's mechanics.
http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf

[This message has been edited by Themagiceye (edited 01-13-2011 @ 05:07 PM).]

posted 01-13-11 04:40 PM CT (US)     2 / 546  
Reserved for night 0
posted 01-13-11 04:41 PM CT (US)     3 / 546  
Written with help from Rot Aka Chris

Dawn was already at hand. Most wondered why the night was so short and why it was dawn already.
The sky was punctuated with owls trying to deliver the early editions of The Daily Prophet to their respective owners.
The front page ran with the headline:

Cornelius “ Thymole “ Fudge reassures magical world –

" “He who must not be named “ – is dead. I refuse to believe that he has resurfaced again. These are lies spread by that senile old fool Dumbledore and his unstable attention seeking pupil Harry Potter."
But he does secretly wonder – This is one of the Oddest start to the day ever.

Fear was rampant among the citizens of the wizarding world. Suspicions grew thick and no ones trusted even their closest friends any more. News of attacks and recent disappearances of powerful wizards did little to clam people's nerves.

Harry Ashrzr Potter was already up to his little pranks trying to pressurize Herr Elessar by claiming a guilty investigationon him and the bewildered Elessar wondered if was something to do with the early dawn.

Cornelius “ Thymole “ Fudge tried to clam people by proposing name claim to weed out the deatheaters, dementors and any dark forces lurking around.
Herr Elessar also came up with his own list – Some people were suspicious and commented that it might be trickery that he managed to put his name last on the list.
“ Surely must have cast a spell on random.org to get a favorable result “ – someone in the crowd cried out.

All of a sudden , there was lightening and thunder.
"Do you know who I am!?" Lord Voldemort raved. "I AM VOLDEMORT, DARK LORD OF MAGIC!"
Those around him paused. How could they hope to handle such power? Then one stepped forward, a wand pointed out.
"Your reign of terror ends here, Voldemort!" he declared.
Emboldened by this display of courage, the others brought forth wands and weapons and, together, they killed the Dark Lord.

Lord Voldemort (Xenophone), a serial killer, has been lynched. He was a serial Killer with ability to become iron on one night of his choice.
It is Night 1.
Please email all night actions to heavenmafia1@gmail.com within 48 hours. Deadline is midnight of 16th January

[This message has been edited by Themagiceye (edited 01-14-2011 @ 04:51 PM).]

posted 01-13-11 04:42 PM CT (US)     4 / 546  
Written by Rot Aka Chris and TME

The mood in the magical world was upbeat and it was time for celebrations everywhere.

Lord Voldemort was overcome with combined forces of the wizarding world. The celebrations proceeded long into the night and it ws almost nearing dawn as the wizards finally found their beds to rest.

In midst of this euphorism,celebrations and misplaced security, Wizards from ' Order of Pheonix' were evert alert. They kept a watchful eye over Harry Potter preventing any intrusion into his room at Hogwarts.

Little did they know that gloom which had envoloped among the deatheaters only strenghtened their resolve to weed out the muggles from the pure blood.

Elsewhere in the remotest part of Romania in the dead of the night :

"I don't understand," Peter cried, stumbling back away from
the cloaked figure. "I've served only Lord Voldemort's will!"

"You are a liar and a cheat," the cloaked figure declared.
"You yet draw breath because of your part in James Potter's
death, but we no longer have any use for you." The cloaked
figure took another step forward, raising his wand.

"Please, I beg of you..." Peter began

"Crucio!" the cloaked figure interrupted. Peter tripped over
himself, writhing in pain. "We thank you for your past
services to us, Peter Pettigrew. Now die with some dignity.
Avada Kedavra!"

Peter Pettigrew (Herr Elessar), a Traitor Flavor Cop, has been killed.

Peter Pettigrew (Herr Elessar) - A triator, who could have been recruited by Mafia, if they were able to identify him by any means possible.He would appear as 'innocent' to cops and have investigative abilities whose results would have helped the mafia learn who the town power roles are.
It is Day 2.
There are 13 of you, so it is 7 to lynch.
[/center

[This message has been edited by Themagiceye (edited 01-17-2011 @ 01:02 PM).]

posted 01-13-11 04:43 PM CT (US)     5 / 546  
Lucius Malfoy strode confidently through the throng of onlookers. "I cannot be held responsible for my actions," he declared, "for I was under the effects of an Imperius Curse.

"A defense that too often comes to your tongue," one of the onlookers retorted. "You are well known for your anti-Muggle beliefs. Why would He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named need place an Imperius Curse on one who so adheres to his own beliefs?"

Stunned, Lucius took a step back, his hand slipping down to his wand inconspicuously.

"I think not!" another declared as Lucius jerked his wand up. "Expelliarmus!" The wand flew into the waiting hand of the onlooker.

"Lucius Malfoy, you stand charged with using magic against Muggles with intent to do harm, casting unforgivable curses, and siding with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Long will be your time in Azkaban."

"No!" Lucius shouted. "I will never feel the Dementor's kiss!" With that, he drew forth a slender dagger and plunged it into his own heart.

Lucius Malfoy (theferret), a Mafia Investigator, has been lynched.

It is Night 2.

The deadline is midnight of 26th, going into 27th by this forum time.
So you have 55 hours to send in the night action.
Please email all actions to heavenmafia1@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by Themagiceye (edited 01-24-2011 @ 06:06 PM).]

posted 01-13-11 04:44 PM CT (US)     6 / 546  

Lord Voldemort had fallen. Inspite of all the gloom, The Deatheaters and other dark forces willed to rally again to end the muggle presence among the pure blood.

And now, one of their own has fallen again. The order and the town was slowly gaining the upper hand.

The dark forces had once again gathered in the dark of the night.They were no longer willing to wait any longer.
"Lets attack Hogwart's tonight. We cannot let our force to weaken further."
"yeah, lets catch them unawares,when they will be least prepared "
" lets finish them off "

So with a heavy heart but new found enthusiasm, the dark forces appraoched Hogwarts.

They could see outlines of 3 figures approaching in the dark, unaware of their presence so close to hogwarts.

The wizarding world was once again drowned in celebrations of the lynching of Malfoy. It hasnt ever been even heard of such a crushing victory against the dark forces. They had now rid the world of Lord Voldemort, Peter Pettigrew and Malfoy.

Inspite of all the celebrations around them, the members of Order of Pheonix were on the alert. All the children were asked to retire to their dormitories and the Prefects were making sure no one staryed.

The school grounds were off-limits once it was dark.

" Why do they have to be so patronizing ? What makes them think we are any less capable of being part of the order"- roared Harry Potter.
" It is the sensible thing to do. They know what they are doing. We should listen to them.We are better off being away from centre of attention and let the elders battle the dementors."- Hermonie tried to placate Harry.
" I am quite capable of defending myself. I have defended myself from Voldemort. whats more, I killed him. They cannot take all the credit and deny me my rightful place in THE HALL OF FAME. I am going out now, whether you are with me or not."- Harry answered back.
" Harry , it is already late at night. We need to get to our room. Moreover, I still have to revise my lessons for the potions class tomorrow. If we stay out each night, we will never get ourselves decent grades in the OWLs."- Hermonie tried to reason with Harry.
" Who cares about the grades when we can have all the fun, now that Lord Voldemort is out of the way"- chipped in Ron.

Before Hermonie could blink, Harry and Ron were already running across the corridor, their wands drawn in front. Hermonie sighed and followed then into the open college grounds.

This was where the dark forces found the three approaching shadows......

She would have vengeance for the fall of her Lord. Vengeance against the one who had caused all of this. No longer could he be protected by his mother's death. Her laughter bordered on insanity as she shouted, "Crucio!" aiming her wand at the Potter brat.

Harry had already seen her aiming the curse at one of them. He was unsure who could be roaming the college grounds at this time of the night. Harry was protecting Hermonie as he felt guilty for bringing her into this danger when she had rightfully suggested that they work on their grades for the forthcoming OWLs.

Watching him writhe on the ground in pain brought much joy to her, but she was to be done with her business.
"Avada Kedavra!" she shouted in triumph, ending the threat that had twice defeated her master. Revenge was sweet.

Elsewhere, Henrz found himself cornered. His pursuers had been dogging him for some time, but as of yet, he had managed to avoid them. A form stepped from the shadows, blocking the pursuers from their target. Henrz did not question his luck, taking the reprieve to flee for his life.

Harry Potter (Ashrzr), a jack of all trades, has been killed.
Someone tried to kill Henrz, but failed.
It is Day 3.
There are 11 of you, so it is 6 to lynch.

[This message has been edited by Themagiceye (edited 01-27-2011 @ 02:15 PM).]

posted 01-13-11 04:45 PM CT (US)     7 / 546  
The town was baying for blood. They cared not for Moody's
explanations, nor for his allegiances. They simply wanted
blood. Backed into a corner, Alastor Moody could only sigh.
"Sure, I'm a Death Eater, whatever," he finally said, not
really caring anymore. "See you all in hell."

Alastor Moody (Mozzarella Man), a jailer, has been lynched.
It is Night 3.

[This message has been edited by Themagiceye (edited 01-29-2011 @ 07:02 PM).]

posted 01-13-11 04:45 PM CT (US)     8 / 546  
The death of Lord Voldemort would not stop her. Neither would misplaced value in family. Looking at her cousin now, she held no reservations as she readied her wand. Sirius Black was a friend of the Potters. There could be no forgiveness. She could have killed him easily, surely Avada Kedavra would have sufficed, but she wanted to see the look of pain and horror in his face when he realized his end. Choosing another spell from her reportoire, she sent forth a burst of red that caught Sirius in the chest, stopping his heart cold. He looked up at her, but he found an inner peace, knowing he would soon be joining his friends James and Lily.

Hermoine found herself in quite a pickle. The two professors,people she had placed trust in, had cornered her in the dead of night. She was resourceful. She would survive. She had to.

"Mudblood," one of the two spat. "Avada Kedavra!" Hermoine
knew no more.

Sirius Black (Newt_Gunray), a masonic one-shot doctor, has been killed.
Hermoine Jean Granger (BastWorshiper), an alternating cop alternating doctor, has been killed.
It is Day 4.
There are 8 of you, so it is 5 to lynch.

[This message has been edited by Themagiceye (edited 02-01-2011 @ 02:31 AM).]

posted 01-13-11 04:46 PM CT (US)     9 / 546  
Bellatrix Lestrange was trapped. There would be no escape from the town's wrath. She smiled, and began to laugh. Unnerved, the town moved in and disarmed her.

"You have not seen the last of me!" she declared.

"You will rot in Azkaban for your crimes. You will wish for
death before your life ends," one was quick to retort. And so she was hauled off to Azkaban.

Bellatrix Lestrange (Abhaas Periagil), a mafia one-shot self-jailer (one-shot iron), has been lynched.
It is Night 4.

The deadline for night actions is midnight of 5th going into 6th February. Any actions sent after that will be invalidated

[This message has been edited by Themagiceye (edited 02-03-2011 @ 02:32 AM).]

posted 01-13-11 05:00 PM CT (US)     10 / 546  
^

Erm WTF?!

"Xeno is clearly the evil Chuck Norris reincarnate" - Major Helper
"Honestly, I thought Nick Clegg was a classmate of Dom's" - Mozzarella Man
"HIS POOR GRAMMAR MAKES SENSE NOW, HE IS AN ELEPHANT" - Ashrzr
"sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
"I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
posted 01-13-11 05:04 PM CT (US)     11 / 546  
Rubeus Hagrid found himself suddenly in hostile company. One
moment, the three professors had just been chatting jovially,
the next, the other two had drawn wands on him. He grabbed for
his umbrella, but it was too late. The blast of green caught
him fully, dropping him dead instantly.

Rubeus Hagrid (Major Helper), a masonic one-shot roleblocker, has been killed.
It is Day 5.
There are 6 of you, so it is 4 to lynch.

TME

[This message has been edited by Themagiceye (edited 02-07-2011 @ 06:34 AM).]

posted 01-13-11 05:14 PM CT (US)     12 / 546  
So, do you think it's safe to assume that anyone who died before Harry turned 17 (Dumbledore, Sirius, Lily & James, etc.) will not be in this?

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
posted 01-13-11 05:15 PM CT (US)     13 / 546  
"Best players win".

Will the night and day posts appear here only or both here and at the relevant spots in the game thread?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 01-13-11 05:17 PM CT (US)     14 / 546  
Why does it say night 0?

"sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
"I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
posted 01-13-11 05:18 PM CT (US)     15 / 546  
Just to clarify Bast- Those who died before Harry turned 17 could be in the game.

I actually didnot think about this point with regards to time line. I have taken characters from book 1 to book 7 regardless of whether they were alive or dead by the time Harry turned 17.

Apologies for having overlooked this detail.
posted 01-13-11 05:21 PM CT (US)     16 / 546  
^

Erm WTF?!
Anyway.

Vote: Herr Elessar

Less than flattering investigation last night, old chum. I'd like a claim.

EE forever
posted 01-13-11 05:21 PM CT (US)     17 / 546  
"Best players win".
You never know.
Will the night and day posts appear here only or both here and at the relevant spots in the game thread?
They will be posted at both places. This arrangement is for convinience of players for quick overview.
posted 01-13-11 05:24 PM CT (US)     18 / 546  
Why does it say night 0?
Quoted from title post :
Let the game Begin.

The game starts with Day 1. Please note earlier post and title saying Night 0. That has been rectified ( except the title name)

Can the moderator change the title post to Day 1,please.
posted 01-13-11 05:24 PM CT (US)     19 / 546  
They will be posted at both places. This arrangement is for convinience of players for quick overview.
Actually, I suppose I do rather like this system. Just be sure to also make writeups contemporary with the pages in addition.

EE forever
posted 01-13-11 05:29 PM CT (US)     20 / 546  
posted 01-13-11 05:37 PM CT (US)     21 / 546  
You are 15. So it will take 8 votes to lynch any one of you today.

Vote count : Herr Elessar- 2 ( Ashrzr, Thymole )
posted 01-13-11 05:40 PM CT (US)     22 / 546  
Wait, we haven't had night yet, right?

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 01-13-11 05:45 PM CT (US)     23 / 546  
o_O

Wait... Wha...?

Um...

Unvote
Vote ash
posted 01-13-11 05:50 PM CT (US)     24 / 546  
Quoted by Herr Elessar
Wait, we haven't had night yet, right?
Quoted from the title post
Let the game Begin.

The game starts with Day 1. Please note earlier post and title saying Night 0. That has been rectified.
posted 01-13-11 05:52 PM CT (US)     25 / 546  
He knows

But Ash claimed to have already used an action :I
posted 01-13-11 05:53 PM CT (US)     26 / 546  
Yeah, but things like...
Less than flattering investigation last night, old chum. I'd like a claim.
...can always confuse you.

Vote: Ash

Cause you weren't even joking.

posted 01-13-11 05:55 PM CT (US)     27 / 546  
posted 01-13-11 06:25 PM CT (US)     28 / 546  
I am lord voldemort, just getting this claim out there. I am an invicible joat with every power in the world.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
posted 01-13-11 06:29 PM CT (US)     29 / 546  
That's exactly what Lord Voldemort would say about himself if he was playing mafia.

Definitely a weird start.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 01-13-11 06:30 PM CT (US)     30 / 546  
Obtw i lied.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
posted 01-13-11 06:31 PM CT (US)     31 / 546  
Of course, if you want to do this my way I would get Abhaas Periagil to claim first up.

posted 01-13-11 07:01 PM CT (US)     32 / 546  
Wouldn't you have to put pressure on him first to claim? Or, are you betting that he would claim anyway?

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 01-13-11 07:06 PM CT (US)     33 / 546  
No, if we had started off playing my way without Ash's cock-up then I would have pressured Gil to claim first up.

posted 01-13-11 07:33 PM CT (US)     34 / 546  
wow this is an interesting start to say the least. Well we know the big protagonists and antagonists, but there are some characters if claimed we should really keep our eyes on. See if this was based around the 5th book id say we could have a secondary mafia aka the Ministry of Magic, we still could. This is just me rambling, i hope i am making sense.
posted 01-13-11 08:00 PM CT (US)     35 / 546  
I think it's fairly obvious that a name claim is in order, if no one is opposed.

Also, Ash is being dumb as usual. I think it's the drugs.

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
posted 01-13-11 08:02 PM CT (US)     36 / 546  
^^^
Very relevant

that's why I was curious in the sign up thread
posted 01-13-11 08:07 PM CT (US)     37 / 546  
Before any name claim, though, I have a question I want people to answer: how familiar are you with the books?

For myself the answer is "about as high as you can be without being a rabidly obsessed fangirl".

posted 01-13-11 08:11 PM CT (US)     38 / 546  
Same here.

posted 01-13-11 08:15 PM CT (US)     39 / 546  
Familiar to a reasonable extent

I propose this order

Ash
THYMOLE
Gil
Newt
Herr
Bast
Marauder
Mozzy
Leif
Buffy
Xeno
Maeg
Hernz
Major
Ferret
posted 01-13-11 08:29 PM CT (US)     40 / 546  
I suppose a name claim at this point could be helpful.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 01-13-11 08:29 PM CT (US)     41 / 546  
Seems fair. But do we want a full claim from Ashrzr or just a name claim?

posted 01-13-11 08:34 PM CT (US)     42 / 546  
Just a name claim.

K I S S

posted 01-13-11 09:13 PM CT (US)     43 / 546  
Ferret, that'd better not be a dementor's kiss.

I'm pretty familiar with the series, having read the books multiple times. I suppose a name claim could be helpful.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 01-13-11 11:02 PM CT (US)     44 / 546  
Yeah, name claim, name claim, name claim... *crowds chant*

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 01-14-11 02:13 AM CT (US)     45 / 546  
I sense some trickery and deception on Ash's behalf. Or he could have made the mistake I made [thinking it was night], sent in an action and TME replied?

Most likely No. 1.

Ok Im all up for name claim.

Also i best claim now to avoid getting lynched later on an awkward investigation: IM A MILLER. Just wished to make it clear so people wont lynch me saying i made it up on the spot.

Ok so its ash up first right?

posted 01-14-11 02:20 AM CT (US)     46 / 546  
Xenophone should go first, in that case. It would be way harder to fabricate a millery name in the beginning, if he were lying.

posted 01-14-11 02:25 AM CT (US)     47 / 546  
In fact, random.org suggests this list after Xenophone and Ashrzr

[PNG, (180.36 KB)]

If we trust random.org over Thymole we should go with that, but I have no problems with the original list.

posted 01-14-11 02:31 AM CT (US)     48 / 546  
I have as much knowledge on the subject as Ferret, I'm afraid. Kind of ashamed.

Ash may have been joking, but the joke was weak. I hate weak jokes. Therefore, I kinda-randomly Vote: Ash

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 01-14-11 02:35 AM CT (US)     49 / 546  
Ok, I'm the young tom marvolo riddle before he became lord mouldy. I can provide flavour justification if needed

posted 01-14-11 02:36 AM CT (US)     50 / 546  
What you guys doing, still awake at 0231 in the morning?

But thanks for good level of activity on Day 1.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Harry Potter Mafia game thread - Day 5
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames