You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Completely Random Mafia Game Thread (Endgame)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
posted 01-29-11 03:47 PM CT (US)   
Out of the blue, many different people, places and things found themselves in a stadium battling for supremacy. Each intended to be the last survivor, however, random.org had a different plan. After random.org struck, complete randomness ensued. All fighters had their identity disguised and allegiance switched. All the fighters agreed that it would be best to lay down their arms and leave the arena alive. However, a few players had ulterior motives...

*Mod Note: I suck at story writing

Alive:
7. Ashrzr - ashrzr(at)gmail.com
9. Major Helper - mliukkonen(at)hotmail(dot)com
13. Peralta - matak(dot)warrior(at)gmail.com

Dead:
4. Henrz - henrz.me(at)hotmail.com - Holly Short: Vanilla Townie
10. Rotaretilbo Henrz - lollersquirrelz(at)gmail.com - 1979 Pontiac Firebird: Vanilla Townie
8. Abhaas Periagil - mohanabhaas(at)gmail.com - James May: Pro-town Bus Driver
12. Peter Fallon - xzyiothe(at)hotmail.com - Barack Obama: Vanilla Townie
3. Herr Elessar - ritvikmats(at)gmail.com - Milk: Pro-town Protector
11. Coldviper - HGcoldviper(at)hotmail.com - Pikachu: Mafia Godfather
1. Mozzerella Man - pspaperstacks(at)gmail.com - Tallahassee: Serial Rapist
6. Themagiceye - heavenmafia1(at)gmail.com - Gordon Freeman: Vanilla Townie
5. Thymole - thymole(at)yahoo.com - Abraham Lincoln: Mafia Goon
2. Xenophone - domda94(at)hotmail.co.uk - Rotaretilbo: Mafia Goon

Replacements:
Abhaas Periagil

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote my emails. Paraphrase.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote. Otherwise, I'll ignore your new vote.
  • If you have any questions feel free to email me: catabre(at)heavengames(dot)com (my old email, while I still use it, has been completely overrun by spam)

*Rules shamelessly stolen from Rotaretilbo (IIRC)

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 03-18-2011 @ 04:23 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 01-29-11 03:49 PM CT (US)     1 / 641  
    Silence settled over the stadium by night. Each contestant worried what would happen during the night. Eventually, all players fell asleep...

It is now Night 0. Please send your night actions to catabre(at)heavengames.com

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

posted 01-29-11 07:40 PM CT (US)     2 / 641  
    Requesting a replacement for Rot.

posted 01-29-11 07:49 PM CT (US)     3 / 641  
    Replacement for Rot, why?

EE forever
    posted 01-29-11 08:16 PM CT (US)     4 / 641  
    At this point in the game it would give certain players an unfair advantage if I revealed why. I can tell you when the game is over.

posted 01-29-11 10:01 PM CT (US)     5 / 641  
    In my opinion, forcing a replacement for the sake of game balance is inadvisable, but if you think it's absolutely necessary, then you can do so, since you're the host.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
    ´ `  |_\
           |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
    ______|______
     \        /
       .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
      `-=<.__.>=-´
    posted 01-29-11 10:22 PM CT (US)     6 / 641  
    You could have randomized again before you sent out the roles if you thought the game wouldn't be fair.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 01-29-11 11:20 PM CT (US)     7 / 641  
    I requested the replacement. I'll give my reasons after the game is over.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 01-29-11 11:35 PM CT (US)     8 / 641  
    Just as long as you can confirm that you're not going to leave HG again.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 01-31-11 10:39 AM CT (US)     9 / 641  
    Day post coming soon.

posted 01-31-11 11:34 AM CT (US)     10 / 641  
    *fingers poised on the ready*

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
    You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
    Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
    I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
    Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
    -=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
    posted 01-31-11 01:02 PM CT (US)     11 / 641  
    OI! CAT!
    Blackadder mafia, SPH, you, now .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 01-31-11 01:08 PM CT (US)     12 / 641  
    I'm very disappointed in Cat's definition of soon

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
    Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
    -=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
    posted 01-31-11 09:13 PM CT (US)     13 / 641  
    As the rays of sun shimmered over the walls of the stadium, the town found a fellow member dead; Henrz' body lay facedown, decapitated. As they debated what to do, they noticed Peter Fallon was walking around slightly awkwardly and painfully.

Henrz playing Holly Short, a vanilla townie is dead. It is now Day 1. There are 12 players still alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 01-31-2011 @ 09:29 PM).]

posted 01-31-11 09:26 PM CT (US)     14 / 641  
    Its funny because he is decapitated but also face down.
    posted 01-31-11 09:53 PM CT (US)     15 / 641  
    Xzy, is there any reason you'd be injured?

Also, do we have any guilty results from cops?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 01-31-11 09:59 PM CT (US)     16 / 641  
    posted 01-31-11 10:00 PM CT (US)     17 / 641  
    I would imagine one-shot if he's injured.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 01-31-11 11:19 PM CT (US)     18 / 641  
    Agreed.

Any leads? Or scummy claims players would like to claim? Miller Xeno?

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
    Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    I was being stupid. - Herr
    posted 02-01-11 00:31 AM CT (US)     19 / 641  

Unless someone has a result or something, how about we start the traditional way and begin random voting?

VOTE Coldviper

posted 02-01-11 01:03 AM CT (US)     20 / 641  
    There's no reason for it. It does not involve my role nor was I told of anything involving this. This is likely a doc save, a roleblock placed on me, or poison.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 02-01-11 01:04 AM CT (US)     21 / 641  
    Now that I think of it, a roleblock would could account for the awkward part, but I'm not too sure for the painful part. Poison could work, but it's a stretch.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 02-01-11 01:12 AM CT (US)     22 / 641  
    Are you just a vanilla townie, then?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 02-01-11 01:42 AM CT (US)     23 / 641  
    That's really no ones' business unless they'd like to make it their business.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 02-01-11 02:42 AM CT (US)     24 / 641  
    Now that you mention it, I would like to make it the town's business. Have something to hide, Xzy?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 02-01-11 02:49 AM CT (US)     25 / 641  
    You're laughable. Scum don't want to kill VTs, vanilla townie or not my baseless claim would only narrow down whom they have to kill. I'm probably less likely to be suspect, so, for pushing it: Vote: Mozzy.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 02-01-11 07:25 AM CT (US)     26 / 641  
    Its funny because he is decapitated but also face down.
    +1

Anyway, yeah, I don't see why Xzy needs to claim. If someone's attacked it should be less reason for them to do so.

Vote: Mozzy

EE forever
    posted 02-01-11 01:56 PM CT (US)     27 / 641  
    Did you target me Xzy?

posted 02-01-11 02:29 PM CT (US)     28 / 641  
    I did not.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 02-01-11 02:50 PM CT (US)     29 / 641  
    Oh, that's a no go then. I think Mozzy might have something on Xzy, so a claim from him could help us out both ways. Let's hear it.

posted 02-01-11 02:58 PM CT (US)     30 / 641  
    I don't understand what gives you the impression that I may claim on the baseless whims of two players.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 02-01-11 04:10 PM CT (US)     31 / 641  
    I HATE YOU ALL. Though I got killed night 0. *dances*

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
    posted 02-01-11 04:29 PM CT (US)     32 / 641  
    Xeno's Theorem 1:

The less information town has day 1, the more likely ColdViper will get voted for or lynched

Vote: Brie Bloke

Id like to see a claim actually

"Xeno is clearly the evil Chuck Norris reincarnate" - Major Helper
    "Honestly, I thought Nick Clegg was a classmate of Dom's" - Mozzarella Man
    "HIS POOR GRAMMAR MAKES SENSE NOW, HE IS AN ELEPHANT" - Ashrzr
    "sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
    "I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
    posted 02-01-11 04:45 PM CT (US)     33 / 641  
    Henrz will be replacing Rotaretilbo.

posted 02-01-11 05:13 PM CT (US)     34 / 641  
    Almost confused you with Hernz.
    posted 02-01-11 05:37 PM CT (US)     35 / 641  
    Yes that Hernz is a crazy old chap. I'm fine with a claim from Mozzy, vote: Gorgonzola Guy.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
    posted 02-01-11 05:52 PM CT (US)     36 / 641  
    I don't understand what gives you the impression that I may claim on the baseless whims of two players.
    A claim from Mozzy.

posted 02-01-11 07:09 PM CT (US)     37 / 641  
    I'm a vigilante.

I obviously don't have anything on Xzy, but I'm trying to get things moving; I don't see how that's scummy.
    You're laughable. Scum don't want to kill VTs, vanilla townie or not my baseless claim would only narrow down whom they have to kill. I'm probably less likely to be suspect, so, for pushing it: Vote: Mozzy.
    For starters, f*** you. To continue, I'm pushing it only because you seem to be hiding something in my opinion. You aren't under any less suspicion just because you were attacked last night in my book. There is likely more than one anti-town group/person.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 02-01-11 07:15 PM CT (US)     38 / 641  
    Hmm... You know for once I want to

vote peter fallon

Every single game he just uses the same tactic of shooting down suspicion so that scum don't know his role. And he does it to such an extent that no one questions him.
    posted 02-01-11 07:54 PM CT (US)     39 / 641  
    I'm pushing it only because you seem to be hiding something in my opinion.
    For not claiming just because you say so?
    You aren't under any less suspicion just because you were attacked last night in my book. There is likely more than one anti-town group/person.
    If you think I was attacked by scum and that there are two scum groups this means you [by extension] believe that I am unable to be in the other.
    Every single game he just uses the same tactic of shooting down suspicion so that scum don't know his role. And he does it to such an extent that no one questions him.
    This doesn't make any sense. I play anti-information because I see the most merit in it. Anyone here can vouch that this is nothing out of the ordinary. If I play this way as scum it's just me keeping with my meta, as everyone should be aspiring to copy their town play as scum.

I have posted several times on why I play this way. This is not a scum tactic.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 02-01-11 08:02 PM CT (US)     40 / 641  
    Xzy doesn't really seem scummy to me. He always kind of acts this way.

EE forever
    posted 02-01-11 08:03 PM CT (US)     41 / 641  
    And it doesn't really help Mozzy's case that he's apparently a Vigilante and he's acting really weird. I know he's really sad about my slow-moving RP, but still.

EE forever
    posted 02-01-11 08:24 PM CT (US)     42 / 641  
    If you think I was attacked by scum and that there are two scum groups this means you [by extension] believe that I am unable to be in the other.
    I believe that you're able to be in one of the possible scum groups; what's your point? I also think that you're being awfully defensive.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 02-01-11 08:34 PM CT (US)     43 / 641  
    Hmmm... Miller claim?

posted 02-01-11 08:43 PM CT (US)     44 / 641  
    @xzy: I understand way you do and the logic behind it. However it rarely coordinates withthe town's wishes which makes you troublesome. I'll be honest, I don't really think you're scum considering you appear to have Been attacked, so I'll Unvote however this anti information tactic seems counterproductive
    posted 02-01-11 08:59 PM CT (US)     45 / 641  
    Unless the town has a solid plan like how OD obsesses over one you should be regulating information in a game. Otherwise scum can pick and choose where to claw for information with no accountability present. Anti-information doesn't mean no information, just limited. I'm not saying I won't ever claim, just never for one person unless they bring up a real good reason.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 02-01-11 10:17 PM CT (US)     46 / 641  
    Alright everyone, a few thoughts.

Firstly, I don't see any reason for forcing a claim from Xzy. I also don't like it how Thymole jumped on Xzy after Mozzarella's claim. And above all I don't like how Major quickly suggested a vote on a person known to be lynched easier. ;p

This isn't really a major concern for me though.

My concern is Mozzarella's claim. A vigilante. In a mostly vanilla 13 player game? Sounds a little like a SK to me. Coupled with his claim and his jumping on Xzyothe so easily makes him worth looking into. If we have a cop I'd say investigate him because on the rare chance of having a vigilante(IMO) we don't want to lynch him.
    posted 02-01-11 10:26 PM CT (US)     47 / 641  
    Mozzy, if you really are a town vig you should target me from now until whenever we need you. For your own safety. That goes for our roleblockers and doctors too.

Also, I want to know what would have forced Rot out of a game like this.

Vote: Henrz

posted 02-01-11 10:29 PM CT (US)     48 / 641  
    Also, I want to know what would have forced Rot out of a game like this.
    This.
    Vote: Henrz
    And where did this come from?
    posted 02-01-11 10:30 PM CT (US)     49 / 641  
    Henrz replaced Rot.

posted 02-01-11 10:32 PM CT (US)     50 / 641  
    Good point.
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Completely Random Mafia Game Thread (Endgame)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames