Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: CUM: Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
posted 04-03-11 05:29 PM CT (US)   

Welcome to a Completely Unannounced Mafia

Night 6

This is unimaginitive generic flavour text because my other text is now redundant. Except that everyone realised they could talk to eachother

This game is OPEN COMMUNICATION so you can talk outside of the game thread to whomever you like, if you tell me roughly what you tell whoever you talk to I'd be a happy.

The Rules
  • Follow the CoC at all times.
  • You may strategize at night, and also may communicate outside of this thread as long as you keep me roughly informed.
  • Don’t edit your posts. Feel free to double post.
  • No quoting your email.
  • Do NOT Lurk! If you Lurk, you will not be modkilled, you'll just be replaced.
  • If you break my rules, you may or may not get modkilled.
  • If you have any questions about your role, feel free to email me.
  • If you don’t follow your post restrictions (if you have them) you will be modkilled.
  • If you’re dead, you can’t talk, and DO NOT reveal any important information.
  • Mods can't look at my edit history.
  • I have the right to change these rules at anytime.
  • And finally I really don't care how you vote, as long as it's clear so like this:

[b]Vote: Henrz[/b]

And unvote the same way, but I don't enforce you to unvote if you are changing your vote, or say the name of who you're unvoting.

PlayerEmailClaimStatusVoting for
    Ashrzr VilleAoe3boards@gmail.comMafia Ghost + 1 shot kill LynchedN/A
    Herr Elessarritvikmats@gmail.comMafia Iron + 1shot kill LynchedN/A

THYMOLE

Thymole@yahoo.com1 shot iron/unlynch/sk

WON

N/A
    Abhaasmohanabhaas@gmail.comJoaT+Vig/docthing KilledN/A
    If_was_a_villeAoe3boards@gmail.comSurvivor Hider LynchedN/A
    Juliusjulius749@yahoo.com Death Miller Roleblocker KilledN/A
    Anstar10 Leifleif.ericson.mafia@gmail.comAlignment Cop LostN/A
    Sarnnelmatd@gmail.comJailer KilledN/A
    MozzyAshrzrAshrzr@Gmail.comMafia RB + 1shot killLynchedN/A
    Xeno Diamonddaimonddaimondo@yahoo.inNobleiser KilledN/A
    Dannflorisaiahelijahlee@gmail.com1 shot invincible LynchedN/A
    TME Sarnnelmatd@gmail.comVT KilledN/A
    No one It is now Day 6, with 3 alive it is 2 to lynch.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.

[This message has been edited by Henrz (edited 08-02-2011 @ 08:26 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 04-03-11 05:34 PM CT (US)     1 / 780  

OMGFLAVOUR

The player which set the phase was chosen, Day was the output given, thus we are here, fighting to stay alive amongst those who are more unannounced than the last. This mafia is completely awesome, so I welcome You to a Completely Unannounced Mafia glhf .

It is now day 1, with 12 alive it is 7 to lynch.

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
    posted 04-03-11 09:49 PM CT (US)     2 / 780  
    So uhh. Its pretty lonely around here. **Rocks back and forth on heels

posted 04-03-11 10:10 PM CT (US)     3 / 780  
    The day phase was chosen or am I reading it wrong again?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 04-03-11 10:56 PM CT (US)     4 / 780  
    OH SHI_ HERR YOU SCARED ME

Oh. Ya its a Day start. So We dont have a theme in this one?
    Roleclaiming could be pretty risky. Im not sure how to proceed.

posted 04-03-11 10:58 PM CT (US)     5 / 780  
    Oh also since we can talk out of the thread I welcome anyone to email me/ you can also use my msn tthacker16@hotmail.com.

If we can use msn? Can We Herr? Plus I like most of guys here anyways so if You have msn go ahead and add me anyways =D

posted 04-04-11 00:53 AM CT (US)     6 / 780  
    The write-up implies that the day phase was chosen by a player. That's weird.

Sure, I'll add you some time tomorrow. All game related stuff should probably be discussed over email though. Chat logs are harder to keep track of.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 04-04-11 01:51 AM CT (US)     7 / 780  
    Oh I meant Henrz Lol
    Man I get names mixed up alot.

But yes go ahead and add me to msn Mr Herr =D

Emails for game stuff then, that works.

posted 04-04-11 02:05 AM CT (US)     8 / 780  
    *prepares to constantly bombard gillian via Faceboo > as usual!*

Contacts:

Email: domt9414@gmail.com
    MSN: domda94@hotmail.co.uk

"Xeno is clearly the evil Chuck Norris reincarnate" - Major Helper
    "Honestly, I thought Nick Clegg was a classmate of Dom's" - Mozzarella Man
    "HIS POOR GRAMMAR MAKES SENSE NOW, HE IS AN ELEPHANT" - Ashrzr
    "sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
    "I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
    posted 04-04-11 05:14 AM CT (US)     9 / 780  
    Oh shucks.

*goes offline*

What's the deal with Open Communication? You just talk outside thread, that's it?

MSN: hg.periagil@hotmail.com
    Email/Gtalk: In sign ups.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
    Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    I was being stupid. - Herr
    posted 04-04-11 05:15 AM CT (US)     10 / 780  
    I also see the day phase was chosen.

Weird.
    I don't see the use. Random votes, then nolynch?

Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    posted 04-04-11 07:26 AM CT (US)     11 / 780  
    No. Starting with a Day phase favours the town, because we get a chance to talk and even lynch before anyone has been killed. We only have slightly less information now than we would have had there been a Night 0. If you think about it, in a lot of games like Cold War Mafia nothing that happened at Night was used on the first Day.

For suggesting wasting a town asset:

Vote: Abhaas

Not that I'm especially suspicious, but this is the most anti-town thing anyone has said so far.

I've never played in an open communication game before, and I'm curious to see how it works. So far the only real application I can think of is a group of confirmed townies conspiring to use their night actions together without giving it away to the scum.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    posted 04-04-11 07:52 AM CT (US)     12 / 780  
    but this is the most anti-town thing anyone has said so far.
    The only thing that was said before my post were,
    1) Day chosen by some player.
    2) Sharing contact ID
    3) Blatant Facebook spam threat.

I have an anti-Day start stand for basic games. Simple as that.

posted 04-04-11 11:37 AM CT (US)     13 / 780  
    Well we can rule you out for selecting this then.

Vote: Abhaas

Because if there was a reason for voting on Day 1, this is it. Plus thanks to Newbie mafia you know that no lynch suggestions off the bat are regarded as scummy and still you suggested this, so I'd like to see why.

posted 04-04-11 12:02 PM CT (US)     14 / 780  
    you know that no lynch suggestions off the bat are regarded as scummy
    Random votes, then nolynch?
    It wasn't entirely a suggestion, more of what would happen really on a Day start.

I'll claim after a considerable number of people show their interest. Which they will

posted 04-04-11 12:59 PM CT (US)     15 / 780  
    Well its actually better for town to lynch Day 1 than to just wait on the night kill. Mole and a couple of other people figured up the numbers in Gil's Newbie Mafia 2 and Its much better for town to even lynch a townie Day 1 than to let it go unused. So Im indeed in favor for some kind of pressure Day 1.

Would a Mass Claim work so we go ahead and get everything out in the open and look at weird claims? I'd be willing to go first.

posted 04-04-11 01:40 PM CT (US)     16 / 780  
    A mass claim is an absolutely terrible idea. There seems to be no theme at all, so we can say goodbye to lynching people for unlikely name claims. This makes for a better game, but a more difficult one for the town. We will probably not catch scum in a mass claim, and you can bet they will use the information gained to take the town apart by always making the optimal kill.

FoS: If_I_Was_A_Villie

Again, this could easily be a townie who's got mafia strategy wrong. But an alternative explanation for making bad suggestions is that they actually desire the outcome, so it's a legitimate starting point.

Experience is relevant. The person who is more experienced is more likely to have realised the negative consequences. However I do not really know either of these players so I'll wait for input from elsewhere. Currently I'm sticking with Abhaas because of what Herr said.

posted 04-04-11 01:58 PM CT (US)     17 / 780  
    Mass claim >>>> No lynch [In terms of scumminess]

posted 04-04-11 02:00 PM CT (US)     18 / 780  
    Okay so We know a no lynch is a bad idea.
    We have no idea the set up or likely roles of either scum nor mafia. We have no idea if there is just one killer at night or two. And...Im really not sure what we do.

The only reason I suggested the mass claim is that it gives us a chance to counter claim any weird role claims. That and I havent any other idea to proceed.

posted 04-04-11 02:07 PM CT (US)     19 / 780  
    I don't think I have ever been in a game that starts on in the day. We are not really getting anywhere we know both a mass claim and a nolynch are terrible ideas so... who do we lynch?

Man, Dann, you sure did wipe the... flor... with him on that one! BAM! OOO! ~ Aro
    posted 04-04-11 02:28 PM CT (US)     20 / 780  
    We do have a very clear route on which to proceed. Abhaas is quite clearly trying to delay his claim despite knowing that there is no point in doing so. Add to this...
    Mass claim >>>> No lynch [In terms of scumminess]
    ... which is quite clearly deflection, and you have a prime candidate for a role claim first up.

Also, no, its actually no lynch >>>>>> mass claim in terms of scumminess. A mass claim in this instance is stupid because there is no theme to the game and so anyone could get away with claiming anything with no benefit to the town. A no lynch is scummy (and not just stupid) in almost all circumstances, and certainly this one especially because it was suggested right off the bat instead of at the end of a gruelling 500 post day with no leads left.

posted 04-04-11 03:03 PM CT (US)     21 / 780  
    My MSN is my email btw.

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
    posted 04-04-11 03:04 PM CT (US)     22 / 780  
    ... which is quite clearly deflection, and you have a prime candidate for a role claim first up.
    I never disagreed.

I'm just not going to claim with votes from two people.

posted 04-04-11 03:35 PM CT (US)     23 / 780  
    I think today will most likely end in a no lynch, but sure let's get some claims out.
    posted 04-04-11 03:55 PM CT (US)     24 / 780  
    Ok, just realized this started. Personally, I think we should take advantage of this. I don't feel like Abhaas is particularly scummy yet, but he's our only lead (along with Ville). I want to see everyone else posting first, before I place my vote.
    posted 04-04-11 04:03 PM CT (US)     25 / 780  
    God damn it. Blame Xeno for me not leaving.

I WILL leave. I WILL live up to my promise. Just... not yet.

But seeing as I haven't been replaced yet I'll be a good sport. I chose the day start -- obviously it was advisable over a night start. That it would produce such a good lead in Gil I had no idea. Even Ville is a lesser suspect -- his disregard for a great lead is out of place and doesn't fit.

I would hope this confirms me as town. If not, investigate, but that would be a waste of time.

Anyway, Vote: Abhaas Periagil

EE forever
    posted 04-04-11 04:13 PM CT (US)     26 / 780  
    You can leave the day you die.

Also, you need to bold your votes, remember?

posted 04-04-11 04:30 PM CT (US)     27 / 780  
    Oh bummer. I might as well claim before going to sleep.

Anyway, I have no role name.

I'm a JoaT[Roleblock, Investigate, Doctor(All one shot, no recharge)] with a 1for2 power vig/doc

Means, I've unlimited vig shots, and with every vig shot I use, I gain two protection shots.

Flavor justifications? I'm told I'm awesome, and I know things.

The way I can use these powers in tandem isn't a concern likely.

So yeah, doc protection please. My role's pretty important, especially in the later part of the game, where double protection can really change the game.

posted 04-04-11 04:35 PM CT (US)     28 / 780  
    Well in my own personal interest my role is a bit different. So I'd like to go ahead and claim and then We can make Gil claim and thats two good claims on Day one.

I'm a Survivor Hider. I can hide behind one person a night, and if I happen to hide behind someone who is targeted, the action will happen to both of us. Apparently I make good friends and can be hidden behind people.

So I win as long as Im alive at the end of the game. I'd be more than willing to help the town win. So long as you guys dont lynch me that is.

Oh also

Vote : Gil

posted 04-04-11 04:37 PM CT (US)     29 / 780  
    Ninja'd Unvote

posted 04-04-11 04:46 PM CT (US)     30 / 780  
    If you are a hider, action affecting you affects the person you hid behind, not both of you, AFAIK what hider Henrz uses[I was a hider in his last game]

posted 04-04-11 04:50 PM CT (US)     31 / 780  
    Nope, Thats not what My email told me Gil. Theres no error in what I posted.

posted 04-04-11 06:07 PM CT (US)     32 / 780  
    Vote: Ville

There's a bold.

I don't like hiders, and a survivor hider is even worse.

EE forever
    posted 04-04-11 06:10 PM CT (US)     33 / 780  
    Vote Ville

Moreso because a survivor hider is completely useless. Why on earth would a survivor want to hide behind somebody? Only an idiot would nightkill a survivor. This makes no sense. Hiding makes it MORE likely that the survivor will die.

Probably scum. and btw if we have any survivors that would like to counterclaim him right now, we could probably take that as a positive sign toward your claim
    posted 04-04-11 06:23 PM CT (US)     34 / 780  
    Please note Eeveelution was a special case in my role names, I'm making them more uniformed now, so roles may or may not be different explanations. (Please note the ISN'T confirming him, don't think it is)

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
    posted 04-04-11 06:37 PM CT (US)     35 / 780  
    I'm being lynched because I told the truth. Damn this sucks.

posted 04-04-11 06:41 PM CT (US)     36 / 780  
    12 Man mafia. Couldnt their be a survivor instead of an SK. Or maybe just one Survivor.

And Gils claim that my role is bad is kinda weird. Shouldnt when you stand hide behind someone the actions go thou. Like if you shoot someone it would go thou to them. I'm more than happy to let someone investigate tonight and I'll hide behind the person we want to investigate. Then Bam. We confirm me and the townie? Isnt that better than lynching me because of the role I got?

posted 04-04-11 07:13 PM CT (US)     37 / 780  
    Not if you turn up guilty. Do ya?
    posted 04-04-11 07:17 PM CT (US)     38 / 780  
    I don't think I have ever been in a game that starts on in the day. We are not really getting anywhere we know both a mass claim and a nolynch are terrible ideas so... who do we lynch?
    Why is there this attitude? Quite a lot had happened even when this was posted. Day 1 without a preceding Night is almost exactly the same as one with.
    I would hope this confirms me as town. If not, investigate, but that would be a waste of time.
    Ridiculous WIFOM. A Day start favours the town, but nothing like as heavily as you imply here. And frankly even if I were scum I would choose a Day start in the hope that Cops would be diverted away from investigating me. Any player who considered themselves good could take this line.
    I'm more than happy to let someone investigate tonight
    So you investigate as innocent?
    Only an idiot would nightkill a survivor.
    Not true. Survivors are usually forced to play as town to fend off a policy lynch. Secondly, if they don't claim they have as much chance of getting night-killed as anyone else. Hiding is also actually quite a logical ability to have as it gives the Survivor a way to attempt to dodge attacks, which is very well suited to the Survivor's unique requirement of not dying.
    I don't like hiders, and a survivor hider is even worse.
    Please explain both these statements. Why does being a Hider or Hider Survivor indicate scum?

We have yet to hear a good argument against Villie. He may be scum. But in case he isn't we shouldn't push through a lynch without a decent argument against him. Even if you think Survivors should be lynched as policy, now is as good a time as any to have that discussion.

posted 04-04-11 07:20 PM CT (US)     39 / 780  
    We confirm me and the townie? Isnt that better than lynching me because of the role I got?
    Although if you're looking for a reason to lynch him this statement might be it. How would you hiding behind someone confirm them? Why would be particularly interested in confirming you when we could potentially confirm a townie, and maybe one with a useful ability? Why is lynching you "because of the role you got" any worse than lynching anyone who claims a role people don't trust?

posted 04-04-11 07:29 PM CT (US)     40 / 780  
    Not true. Survivors are usually forced to play as town to fend off a policy lynch.
    they're still second tier targets, as they can be swayed.
    Secondly, if they don't claim they have as much chance of getting night-killed as anyone else.
    Well if they're the same as everyone else that gives them little need to hide behind someone with the same chance of death doesnt it? I suppose technically you could work out the odds but... it doesn't seem much of a useful power

Hiding is also actually quite a logical ability to have as it gives the Survivor a way to attempt to dodge attacks, which is very well suited to the Survivor's unique requirement of not dying.
    But again, why would a survivor expect to be attacked?
    posted 04-04-11 07:30 PM CT (US)     41 / 780  
    I'm just saying, it doesn't make sense to me
    posted 04-04-11 07:41 PM CT (US)     42 / 780  
    they're still second tier targets, as they can be swayed.
    Not always the case. What if the Survivor is a skilled player? You're not going to leave an active threat alive just because they win with you in a hypothetical endgame some Days later.
    Well if they're the same as everyone else that gives them little need to hide behind someone with the same chance of death doesnt it?
    Oh come on. Imagine a game with a hidden Doc and a claimed Cop, with the Survivor yet to claim. In this situation it would be a great ability to have. Situations of this type, where the unclaimed Survivor is more likely to be killed arbitrarily than some other player, are common.

posted 04-04-11 07:43 PM CT (US)     43 / 780  
    posted 04-04-11 08:00 PM CT (US)     44 / 780  
    Although if you're looking for a reason to lynch him this statement might be it. How would you hiding behind someone confirm them? Why would be particularly interested in confirming you when we could potentially confirm a townie, and maybe one with a useful ability? Why is lynching you "because of the role you got" any worse than lynching anyone who claims a role people don't trust?
    My understanding of Ville's hiding ability is that both he and the person he hides behind get the effect of the action. So if he hid behind the investigation target, the cop would theoretically get results on both Ville and the person he hid behind, thus proving him.

Personally, I don't like Ville's claim. It strikes me as not really making sense, but I can't put a finger on why. All the reasons given so far make sense, depending on your opinion, but none of them are the reason I feel uneasy about him.

Ville, do you investigate as guilty?
    posted 04-04-11 08:36 PM CT (US)     45 / 780  
    My understanding of Ville's hiding ability is that both he and the person he hides behind get the effect of the action. So if he hid behind the investigation target, the cop would theoretically get results on both Ville and the person he hid behind, thus proving him.
    Reading carefully, it seems this is correct. I was thrown off as I'm more familiar with a variant where that only happened with kills, and Henrz mentioned greater uniformity.

My other queries still stand.

posted 04-04-11 08:44 PM CT (US)     46 / 780  
    I have no idea if I investigate as Scum or Town.

Hernz!! Lets say hypothetically in this game, That we hypothetical Survivor and he gets investigated by a sane cop. Is he Innocent or Scum?

posted 04-04-11 10:36 PM CT (US)     47 / 780  
    Just to start, I don't like the fact that he claim voluntarily. If he knew that he'd be investigated as guilty it would make more sense, but right now unless he considered his own role scummy he wouldn't put it up for discussion.

Plus, the reason he wanted a mass claim was because he wanted to counterclaim weird role claims.

And that question should be asked over email. I'm surprised it wasn't the first question that was asked when you got the role.

Also don't like Abhaas' role at all. Two protections for every kill? Why? IIRC we all have a line of flavor justification, and "I'm awesome" doesn't really cut it for me.

posted 04-05-11 01:30 AM CT (US)     48 / 780  
    A JoaT with unlimited kills? Yeah, I really don't buy that. Vigilante is a common scum claim (I've used it and almost got away with it until the end of the game) and this role is just ridiculous.

Vote: Gil
    FoS: Ville

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 04-05-11 02:00 AM CT (US)     49 / 780  
    That's not all, I don't see how "I'm awesome and know things" connects to being a JoaT at all. My justification actually matches my role. At the very least you'd think he'd be told why he could protect two people every time he kills one of them?

And...
    So yeah, doc protection please. My role's pretty important, especially in the later part of the game, where double protection can really change the game.
    How would you have double protection unless you killed someone?

posted 04-05-11 02:18 AM CT (US)     50 / 780  
    Oh, and I'd just like to clarify that this isn't a defense of IWAV, I still think he makes a very good lynch and isn't really a loss to us. But I think there are a bit more inconsistencies in Abhaas' claim. Also I've found Ashrzr's behavior pretty intriguing. Two posts, two votes, no real insights. But that can be left for later.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » CUM: Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames