HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Animal Farm - Game
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 36  Next Page »
posted 06-16-11 06:09 PM CT (US)   

1. Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
3. No animal shall wear clothes.
4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
6. No animal shall kill any other animal.
7. All animals are equal.

GamePhase: Day 8
Host Email: ashrzr@gmail.com

Players (8/21):
01. Rotaretilbo (Moses; Post-Restricted Tracker/Watcher; Farm)
02. If_I_Was_Ville/GillB
03. Lordofglory/Scragins (Sheep; Vanilla Townie; Farm)
04. Abhaas Periagil
05. offwo200 (Hen; Semi-Roleblocker; Mason - Farm)
06. Newt_Gunray (Hen; Semi-Roleblocker; Mason - Farm)
07. Maffia (Squealer; Cult Hitman; Animalism)
08. Maegereg (Mr. Whymper; Mafia Goon; Humans)
09. Adder (Sheep; Vanilla Townie; Farm)
10. ColdViper
11. THYMOLE (Napoleon; Cult Leader; Animalism)
12. Mozzarella Man
13. Herr Elessar (Mr. Pilkington; Mafia Goon; Humans)
14. Leif_Ericson/Droideka_11 (Boxer; Semi-Iron Insane Full Jack of all Trades; Farm)
15. Muzta (Clover; Doctor; Farm)
16. Popeychops/Adder
17. DaimondDaimondo (Sheep; Vanilla Townie; Farm)
18. Peralta (Minimus; Post-Restricted Noble; Farm)
19. Sarn
20. Fallon/Muzta
21. Pulse_of_Shift

Reserves: THYMOLE

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts -- double post if necessary. Discretion from the mod will be used to determine a punishment if needed. Make sure you include everything you want to say into one post to avoid multiple-posting/editing; preview your posts several times.
  • Do not reveal any information (including investigation results, specifics about your role, etc.) after your character has died. Up until then you may reveal anything except when noted.
  • This game is closed communication -- strategize in this thread only, unless your role states otherwise. There are occasions where you may speak to others via email or other communication methods, but unless this is noted, you are not permitted to do so.
  • No strategizing during the night phase, such as telling the doctor who to protect, the cop to investigate, etc. I do allow talking at this time, however.
  • Follow HG's Code of Conduct at all times.
  • Do not directly quote any emails whatsoever. Paraphrase.
  • During the day phase, players vote to lynch by a solid majority. If the lynch majority is met, there is no turning back. You cannot unvote to discount the lynch. To cast your own vote type Vote: "Name". It's preferred that you bold it.
  • If you change your vote or decide to keep from voting for a while, type Unvote. Also preferred that you bold it.
  • Also:

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 09-03-2011 @ 10:01 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 06-16-11 06:10 PM CT (US)     1 / 1780  
    Snowball was long gone. The humans were long gone. It was now
    just the animals. There was Napoleon, a rather stout being. There was Boxer,
    a hard worker and firm believer. There was also whiny Mollie, the loner Moses,
    and determined Old Major. It was now just the animals, and a song they sang,
    as designated by Napoleon.

Beasts of England, Beasts of Ireland,
    Beasts of every land and clime,
    Hearken to my joyful tidings
    Of the Golden future time.
    Soon or late the day is coming,
    Tyrant Man shall be o'erthrown,
    And the fruitful fields of England
    Shall be trod by beasts alone.
    Rings shall vanish from our noses,
    And the harness from our back,
    Bit and spur shall rust forever,
    Cruel whips no more shall crack.
    Riches more than mind can picture,
    Wheat and barley, oats and hay,
    Clover, beans and mangel-wurzels
    Shall be ours upon that day.
    Bright will shine the fields of England,
    Purer shall its waters be,
    Sweeter yet shall blow its breezes
    On the day that sets us free.
    For that day we all must labour,
    Though we die before it break;
    Cows and horses, geese and turkeys,
    All must toil for freedom's sake.
    Beasts of England, Beasts of Ireland,
    Beasts of every land and clime,
    Hearken well, and spread my tidings
    Of the Golden future time.

But would all remain well?

It is now Day 1.
    12 votes to lynch.

EE forever
    posted 06-16-11 06:15 PM CT (US)     2 / 1780  
    Nice flavour.
    A day start it is then.

Member of BlackForest Studios
    Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
    and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
    "Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
    "Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
    "You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
    posted 06-16-11 06:26 PM CT (US)     3 / 1780  
    Hail Old Major!

posted 06-16-11 06:27 PM CT (US)     4 / 1780  
    Hail Old Major!
    Post restriction?
    posted 06-16-11 06:45 PM CT (US)     5 / 1780  
    Things (I think) the town (probably) knows:
    1) Humans don't seem to be around anymore
    2) Pigs are bad (and may have a recruitment mechanism - except for Snowball, who's probably pro-town)

In a situation like this I am tempted to suggest a mass claim, though I imagine scum have safe claims or this game would be too easy for the town.

So, I am in favor of pursuing my typical strategy, and...

Vote: Ville

Yes, it's a day start, but why not try and start strong?

Adder |
    "I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
    posted 06-16-11 06:46 PM CT (US)     6 / 1780  
    I want to express some concern over something in my email. I'm a sheep and my role references that I tend to switch sides more than I'd like

Am I one of few or are there a lot of sheep players? If there are we are in for one headache of a game

If it is a cult or a mafia conversion power then we're fine because it's just normal stuff. I'm worried about spontaneous switches.
    posted 06-16-11 06:56 PM CT (US)     7 / 1780  
    I'm also a sheep and I have identical flavor to Thymole. So, I also have similar fears.
    posted 06-16-11 07:00 PM CT (US)     8 / 1780  
    THY, why would you claim right away without an provocation? Could this question not have been raised to Ash privately? Assuming you've not just make up a role for yourself in some extremely aggressive scum play right off the bat, you've essentially allowed yourself to be converted (should such a mechanism exist) or avoided (by killers, who can now try for power roles instead).

Also, to respond to Ville on the assumption that he needed to say that (why else would he say that?): please explain.

Adder |
    "I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
    posted 06-16-11 07:01 PM CT (US)     9 / 1780  
    Same goes for you, Viper...

I guess trying to get converted so as to win with a group other than town is a legitimate strategy, but still...

Adder |
    posted 06-16-11 07:11 PM CT (US)     10 / 1780  
    Worrying is that, our townies are sheep; their minds are weak! Conversion is worrying, a danger to us, how low of the enemy, the most malicious!

My rhymes for now are the most terrible, I'm ashamed of them being so horrible.
    posted 06-16-11 07:16 PM CT (US)     11 / 1780  
    Are you Minimus?

Adder |
    posted 06-16-11 07:21 PM CT (US)     12 / 1780  
    I did send an email to ash. His response was "I dunno".

Vote Adder

I have a slight suspicion that I would like to clear up.

A name will suffice.

After I hear that I'll elaborate on what I saw and why I said what I said (which in a nutshell is just to warn the town that we ought to be aware of possible conversions).
    posted 06-16-11 07:24 PM CT (US)     13 / 1780  
    I must agree with Adder why bring up such a thing so early on? Though at the moment I do not doubt your truth and believe you are a sheep. For we are feeble minded
    posted 06-16-11 07:25 PM CT (US)     14 / 1780  
    which in a nutshell is just to warn the town that we ought to be aware of possible conversions
    Which is something I did right before you:
    Pigs are bad (and may have a recruitment mechanism

Adder |
    posted 06-16-11 07:29 PM CT (US)     15 / 1780  
    To be fair you posted less than one minute before me. I was ninja'd. Name please?
    posted 06-16-11 07:32 PM CT (US)     16 / 1780  
    I'm not going to tell you my role, and there's no reason my claim should be a prerequisite for you to "elaborate on what I saw and why I said what I said"

Adder |
    posted 06-16-11 07:34 PM CT (US)     17 / 1780  
    Humans don't seem to be around anymore
    They come back at the end of the book and start drinking alcohol with the pigs. Just saying. I think they will be in this game.

I'm willing to follow Thymoles lead for now. He's almost 100% town as far as I'm concerned, for today at least.

Vote:Adder
    posted 06-16-11 07:37 PM CT (US)     18 / 1780  
    You are both very silly.

Adder |
    posted 06-16-11 07:40 PM CT (US)     19 / 1780  
    You yourself half proposed a mass claim. There is no harm in hearing the name. Explaining my reasons is completely counter productive considering your standing right now is perfectly neutral.

Whether or not my observation is significant or not is entirely dependent on what you claim as. If you hear my observation then its not very difficult to avoid the trap.
    posted 06-16-11 07:40 PM CT (US)     20 / 1780  
    But for the record I dont think that the humans are going to be in this game...
    posted 06-16-11 07:42 PM CT (US)     21 / 1780  
    Which is something ColdViper should also think, given that he probably received the same email as you.

Adder |
    posted 06-16-11 07:42 PM CT (US)     22 / 1780  
    Hail Old Major. The Pig that actually had the dream for the farm to live in peace without humans or killing each other. Its Day1 and We're just starting to post. It was a dry sense at literature humor.

Anyways. Considering the size of this mafia game and the book itself. We should have the general farm animals(Such as the horses and dogs), Sheep (The followers of whoever is in power), the Humans (Farmer and the Business men that do dealings with the Pigs) and the Pigs themselves. I wouldn't be surprised to see more than one Mafia in this one as well. Pigs vs Humans vs Animals. Or something to that effect. Theres more than enough people present.

posted 06-16-11 07:43 PM CT (US)     23 / 1780  
    posted 06-16-11 07:47 PM CT (US)     24 / 1780  
    posted 06-16-11 07:51 PM CT (US)     25 / 1780  
    Hmm

I change my mind

the town alignment is suggests that the scum must be humans i think.
    posted 06-16-11 08:03 PM CT (US)     26 / 1780  
    posted 06-16-11 09:35 PM CT (US)     27 / 1780  
    You just noticed that Thy?

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 06-16-11 09:36 PM CT (US)     28 / 1780  
    the "is" or the town alignment? To both; yes. Or moreso it's significance in the latter case.
    posted 06-16-11 10:30 PM CT (US)     29 / 1780  
    I am not so sure about the human claim to be honest. I believe the pigs are the scum though I guess a human could be but with all that the pigs do in the book, The pigs steal cheat and harm every animal breed, I had to read the book in school, plus I do suggest everyone look over the wiki link that was posted. By the way, why not give us your role? Your neck is on the line or very well could be, if you are pro town why not prove it eh?
    posted 06-16-11 10:33 PM CT (US)     30 / 1780  
    Fallon, out of curiousity who are you and where did you come from?

Dunno about everyone else but I'm getting lots of de ja vu from TME :P

He Came without warning, He Played actively, and then he left without warning...
    posted 06-16-11 10:40 PM CT (US)     31 / 1780  
    Hi THY my friend Sarn told me about it, I am a big fan of mafia rpg's but play this fairly often with friends with the cards and such, thought I would give it a try since he said it was fun. So yeah still getting the hang of the game and such so sorry if I'm noobish
    posted 06-16-11 10:48 PM CT (US)     32 / 1780  
    Alrights

sounds good to me. You're fine btw

Thinking back, i don't think we ever got a story for where, why, or how TME got here :P
    posted 06-16-11 11:55 PM CT (US)     33 / 1780  
    By the way, why not give us your role? Your neck is on the line or very well could be, if you are pro town why not prove it eh?
    Are you referring to Thymole? I think he's already claimed.

Regarding who the scum roles are, I don't know how important it is to know at this stage. Personally, I fall into the humans-as-scum camp (given the town alignment, as Thymole mentioned), however, I can see how the pigs could be interpreted as a scum group as well. It wouldn't surprise me to see two group of scum (I think Ville suggested this? Pigs v. Humans v. the rest?).

Because speculation about setup doesn't really give us much of anything, I suggest we set that aside for now.
    I'm willing to follow Thymoles lead for now. He's almost 100% town as far as I'm concerned, for today at least.
    This makes me nervous. I don't like that you're willing to follow Thymole blindly, especially since he isn't 100% town (possibility of safeclaims, gutsy risk, etc.). Personally, I believe he's likely town, but I wouldn't follow him as if he was confirmed. You, on the other hand, essentially said "me too!" after Thymole, which doesn't lend your claim nearly as much credibility as his.
    FOS:Coldviper

I'm also a little interested in Adder's reluctance to claim. I understand why he does't want to though. With only 2 players calling for his claim (out of 20), I probably wouldn't claim either. So, not even worth a FOS for now.

Because random pressure might get us somewhere, vote:Ville
    posted 06-17-11 02:14 AM CT (US)     34 / 1780  
    Sarn, I'm not particularly reluctant to claim, I just don't think there's any reason I should.

Adder |
    posted 06-17-11 02:17 AM CT (US)     35 / 1780  
    Vote: Ville

I've noticed he has a habit of revealing more than what he should know in his first few posts (see Independents) and considering that the pigs as scum wouldn't have been my first guess (cause they eventually morph into humans), that might be a lead worth looking into. I also don't like Thymole's blind trust in Thymole, even for today. He may have guessed the one email right, but that doesn't mean that he couldn't have been given that as a safe claim or something.

In fact, Ashrzr, have the scum been given safe claims of any kind?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 06-17-11 03:14 AM CT (US)     36 / 1780  
    Sorry for today (yesterday, technically), guys. I had a super awesome day and I wouldn't have given it up for just about anything. Let's just say that two girls at once is pretty awesome.

Anyway, I'm going to be active today/tomorrow (Friday).

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 06-17-11 03:31 AM CT (US)     37 / 1780  
    Let's just say that two girls at once is pretty awesome.
    *Starry eyed*

*Bows*

All right, I haven't read the book. And its too hot outside for me to go and buy this book. Will have to do with a wiki.

And wasn't there a proverb, sheep following anyone blindly? Goes with the role here.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
    Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    I was being stupid. - Herr
    posted 06-17-11 05:20 AM CT (US)     38 / 1780  
    I dont care about ville, pursue him if you wish

But since the pressure has otherwise been random and how Adder himself began with a random vote for information it seems very hypocritical of him to refuse to claim when I apparently have information.

It could be significant or it could not. Depends entirely on the claim.
    posted 06-17-11 07:36 AM CT (US)     39 / 1780  
    I may have missed something but it's not clear to me that you have any information on Adder

Zen Loves the CoC!
    posted 06-17-11 09:36 AM CT (US)     40 / 1780  
    I'm pretty certain that not all pigs are bad, only the ones who desires the power like mad.
    posted 06-17-11 09:44 AM CT (US)     41 / 1780  
    I may have missed something but it's not clear to me that you have any information on Adder
    Agreed. Indeed.

(That one was lame, I admit, but was the best I could submit.)
    posted 06-17-11 10:07 AM CT (US)     42 / 1780  
    Hi there I am here. How strange I am also a sheep a vt.

~~~~~Email: daimonddaimondo@yahoo.in~~~~~
    posted 06-17-11 10:10 AM CT (US)     43 / 1780  
    I for one would be in favor of Adder nameclaiming. It's not completely harmless, but I'd like to hear what Thy's evidence is- I think evaluating that might be the best way forward.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 06-17-11 10:14 AM CT (US)     44 / 1780  
    Well I think its fairly obvious Peralta has a post restriction requiring posts to be rhyming, and as such is probably minimus the pig. Can someone who has read the book confirm minimus' allegiance?

Diamond as a formality can you confirm thy and cv's role matches yours?

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
    Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
    Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
    [This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
    posted 06-17-11 10:22 AM CT (US)     45 / 1780  
    In fact, Ashrzr, have the scum been given safe claims of any kind?
    Maybe.
    Sorry for today (yesterday, technically), guys. I had a super awesome day and I wouldn't have given it up for just about anything. Let's just say that two girls at once is pretty awesome.
    *applause*

Vote Count:
  • If_I_Was_Ville - 2 (Adder, Herr Elessar)
  • Adder - 2 (Thymole, ColdViper)

• EE forever
    posted 06-17-11 10:26 AM CT (US)     46 / 1780  
    yes it maches perfectly

~~~~~Email: daimonddaimondo@yahoo.in~~~~~
    posted 06-17-11 12:00 PM CT (US)     47 / 1780  
    Well I think its fairly obvious Peralta has a post restriction requiring posts to be rhyming, and as such is probably minimus the pig. Can someone who has read the book confirm minimus' allegiance?
    That's one cool restriction.

He sounds pro-town, from wiki.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
    Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    I was being stupid. - Herr
    posted 06-17-11 12:04 PM CT (US)     48 / 1780  
    Maybe.
    FU-- you and your Ferret-like ambiguous answers! *anger*

This doesn't help. Were there really that many sheep in the book or what? I think we would be safer if we operated under the assumption that sheep were given as safe claims so that we don't get drawn into a false sense of security regarding anyone.

I wouldn't mind a claim from either Adder or IWAV to get things rolling at this point.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 06-17-11 12:05 PM CT (US)     49 / 1780  
    I for one would be in favor of Adder nameclaiming. It's not completely harmless, but I'd like to hear what Thy's evidence is- I think evaluating that might be the best way forward.
    Okay, exactly what I wanted to avoid is what has happened here. I don't know what THY thinks he has, but he is not playing like a pro-town player. He knows my style of play is aggressive, especially on the first day, so I have no idea what he thinks he knows.

I too am a sheep. We now have four claimed sheep, the only one of which I believe is THY, though I would certainly have voted for him already if I wasn't fairly sure that he was indeed a sheep.

In my first post I suggested there was a recruitment mechanism (because of the sheep role), and suggested that there would probably not be humans in this game as a result of a bit of flavor in the sheep role, that I would like another one of the sheep to reproduce.

Adder |
    posted 06-17-11 12:06 PM CT (US)     50 / 1780  
    Can I edit that last post to include the emoticon instead of *anger*?

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 36  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Animal Farm - Game
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames