Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Mickey Mouse Mafia: Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
posted 10-14-11 09:43 AM CT (US)   

Game status: Endgame (Mafia win)

Game information and rules:

• Roles will be randomised with random.org.

• This game has a night start, so there will be a night 0 phase.

• During the day, you can vote for someone with this format:
    Vote: WRP
    You may not cast a vote on yourself. To place another vote, you must unvote first, with this format:
    Unvote
    Vote: Other Player

It doesn't matter to specify who you are unvoting, as a detailed vote count will be kept updated in the game thread. When a majority is reached (more than half of the alive players voting for the same person), there will be a lynch. Also "No Lynch" is a possibility.

• I don't really like deadlines, but if players aren't active during the day, I may decide to put one. When a deadline is reached, it's at my discretion whether to no lynch or lynch the player with the most votes, depending on how many are the votes and if they were placed with reasoning and analysis.

• This game is closed communication, thus you may not communicate with other players or talk about gameplay outside of the game thread.

• A prod will be sent if a player hasn't posted for some time. How much time is at the host's discretion. However, if you notice that someone is not posting, you can request a prod for them. If a player doesn't reply to a prod, he will be replaced. If you're gonna leave on holiday, please inform me first.

• For any questions, you can email the host at wrp_beater(at)hotmail(dot)com.

• All the rules of a regular mafia game apply.

Players list:

#
Player
Email adress
Role
Herr Heir
ritvikmats(at)gmail(dot)com
Peg-Leg Pete, one-shot iron Mafia Godfather
Vox Nihili
hgcoldviper(at)hotmail(dot)com
Chief O' Hara, Lover Cop
Leif Ericson
leif.ericson(at)heavengames(dot)com
Pluto, Gunsmith
Ser Periagil mk2
hg.periagil(at)hotmail(dot)com
Ferdie Fieldmouse, Mason
THYMOLE
thymole(at)yahoo(dot)com
Horace Horsecollar, Inventor
Jetkill Fastmurder
strokeaoe2(at)yahoo(dot)in
Detective Casey, Deputy Cop
Rotaretilbo mk2
lollersquirrelz(at)gmail(dot)com
Morty Fieldmouse, Mason
Ser Periagil
hg.periagil(at)hotmail(dot)com
Minnie Mouse, Vigilante
Rotaretilbo
lollersquirrelz(at)gmail(dot)com
Petulia O' Hara, Lover
Newt_Gunray
mideonsworld(at)aol(dot)com
Emil Eagle, Mafia Traitor
Pulse_of_Shift
jac112489(at)msn(dot)com
Goofy, Reporter
Bulba Khan
malekf1994(at)hotmail(dot)com
Trudy Van Tubb, Mafia Goon
Vox Nihili mk2
hgcoldviper(at)hotmail(dot)com
Mickey Mouse, Doctor
Popeychops
thestrangestone(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk
Portis, Mafia Roleblocker
R
Henrz
henrz.me(at)hotmail(dot)com

Vote count

Player
Voters
L-#
Ser Periagil mk2
/
L-2
Newt_Gunray
/
L-2
Popeychops
/
L-2
No Lynch
/
L-2

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."

[This message has been edited by WRP (edited 02-28-2012 @ 06:06 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-14-11 09:47 AM CT (US)     1 / 731  
Night fell over Mouseton. Would Mickey manage to get Peg-Leg Pete arrested?

It's now Night 0

Send all your actions to wrp_beater[at]hotmail[dot]com. Day starts in about 48 hours. Any actions that will not have been sent in in reasonable time will be randomized.

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."

[This message has been edited by WRP (edited 10-14-2011 @ 09:48 AM).]

posted 10-14-11 03:46 PM CT (US)     2 / 731  
The phrase you are looking for is no one.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 10-16-11 09:35 AM CT (US)     3 / 731  
The Unconvincing Spook, you asked for a replacement in TF2 and ST. Do you also need replacing here?

posted 10-16-11 10:01 AM CT (US)     4 / 731  
48 hours are up exactly 18 minutes ago.
posted 10-16-11 10:22 AM CT (US)     5 / 731  
I know, I still have to arrange a couple of things.

posted 10-16-11 01:32 PM CT (US)     6 / 731  
OK, here's your day post, guise.

Day 1

Chief O' Hara was walking along the street, and he was thinking of going back home. He would really have liked kissing Petulia again. Suddently, near his home, a figure shot him to death. Petulia ran outside and saw her husband lying on the ground. He had passed away. Petulia was desperate. She started to cry and think of suiciding.

Chief O' Hara, played by Coldviper, has been killed. He was a lover cop. His lover will commit suicide next night.
It's now day 1. With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

posted 10-16-11 01:49 PM CT (US)     7 / 731  
Oh f***.

Well, should Petunia claim?

I think yes. Even though if she doesn't, there is a chance that the mafia may target her and the kill would fail, but its a long shot.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 10-16-11 02:32 PM CT (US)     8 / 731  
That sucks. I think getting Petunia to claim is a good move, whoever is playing her might be a power role with some info.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 10-16-11 03:05 PM CT (US)     9 / 731  
I requested a replacement for those mafias as I had been gone for too long to catch up on what's done. However this game has just begun and I can keep up.

I think Petunia should claim.
posted 10-16-11 03:32 PM CT (US)     10 / 731  
Well bugger me sideways. Sharma is innocent. Goodbye cruel world!

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 10-16-11 03:47 PM CT (US)     11 / 731  
Aw hell,

You are a cop too?

Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
posted 10-16-11 04:07 PM CT (US)     12 / 731  
Well, one night kill means there's no SK.

WRP, can you make sure only the living players and included in the votecount?

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 10-16-11 04:29 PM CT (US)     13 / 731  
Sure, forgot it.

posted 10-16-11 04:51 PM CT (US)     14 / 731  
Dammit. You sure of your sanities? 2 cops and no SK seems to imply that there will be sanity issues...

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 10-16-11 05:12 PM CT (US)     15 / 731  
Normally lovers are mafia/town I thought. That seems kind of rough for town/town :/

Oh well. There's almost definitely two killers. Mad Doctor and Pete.

WRP Do you show failed kills?
posted 10-16-11 05:15 PM CT (US)     16 / 731  
Yep, failed kills both show in the flavor and as "Someone tried to kill WRP, but failed".

posted 10-16-11 05:50 PM CT (US)     17 / 731  
great first night and we've lost a cop and were losing another one this night this is bad
posted 10-16-11 05:53 PM CT (US)     18 / 731  
Actually I take that back. Norther Pete nor the doc had any henchmen. They might just be scum buddies. Flavor justification seems lacking.
Someone random vote
posted 10-16-11 07:59 PM CT (US)     19 / 731  
So Rot's gonna die tonight? Vote: Pulse_of_Shift.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 10-17-11 02:58 AM CT (US)     20 / 731  
Goodbye Rot.

So we're losing two cops in two phases

Is there any chance that Rot could be a role cop? As Mole stated, it does indeed seem harsh to screw town like that.
posted 10-17-11 05:21 AM CT (US)     21 / 731  
Well bugger me sideways. Sharma is innocent. Goodbye cruel world!
Maybe Coldviper investigated me and told the result to Rotaretilbo?
posted 10-17-11 08:56 AM CT (US)     22 / 731  
Well, one night kill means there's no SK.
What if he failed to send in an action? What if he deliberately didn't send it in? You can never rule out a possibility, however unlikely it is.
posted 10-17-11 11:08 AM CT (US)     23 / 731  
Maybe Coldviper investigated me and told the result to Rotaretilbo?
Rot, will you clarify this?

That you are a cop as well, or that you received CV's result?

posted 10-17-11 11:40 AM CT (US)     24 / 731  
First of all, why would lovers ever be town/mafia? Mafia has to kill town and vice versa, remember? I did it once in a game, but the mafia was uninformed town, they weren't masonic, and town wasn't lover to mafia, or even informed of mafia. The fact that mafia couldn't win was meant to clue them in that they were uninformed town. Moving on...

No, I'm not a cop. I'm his wife. Not sure why it was assumed that I would be a cop. I get to convey his investigation, and then I die. I'm vanilla, beyond masonic and bond brother (as lover implies one-way, and you know I'm a stickler about terminology).

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
posted 10-17-11 11:54 AM CT (US)     25 / 731  
Mayank: The SK must send in an action every night.
posted 10-17-11 12:33 PM CT (US)     26 / 731  
Damn you killers.
posted 10-17-11 12:42 PM CT (US)     27 / 731  
First of all, why would lovers ever be town/mafia? Mafia has to kill town and vice versa, remember?
Technically,

Lovers either win with their own faction or on their own. If they're the only ones left, they win alone. If the mafia lover is the last scum and he's killed, the town and the town lover win.

posted 10-17-11 01:06 PM CT (US)     28 / 731  
Not true, actually. Anyone can abstain when they want to unless explicitly stated otherwise.

That said, there is no reason for an SK to abstain on Night 0. I guess they could be inactive, but as it is the likelier option is that there isn't one. The lover mechanic does help to balance out the lack of SK kills...

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 10-17-11 01:45 PM CT (US)     29 / 731  
Though unlikely, an SK could try to hide the fact that there even is an SK by not killing Night 0. I've seen it done and I've seen the mafia make the Town believe that there is an SK by simply using an additional one-shot.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 10-17-11 02:39 PM CT (US)     30 / 731  
See that won't help because whenever the SK does start killing it would become obvious pretty quickly that there is one. In the meantime each night the SK doesn't kill someone their own chances of winning get lessened.

posted 10-17-11 10:46 PM CT (US)     31 / 731  
Host preference. Some hosts have SK required to send in action, some do not.
Technically,

Lovers either win with their own faction or on their own. If they're the only ones left, they win alone. If the mafia lover is the last scum and he's killed, the town and the town lover win.
Not really. If a mafioso is a lover to a towny, that mafioso dies if that towny dies. While the time of death varies by host preference, the fact that the mafioso has to kill the towny in order to win, but in doing so dies, is pretty much completely unfair to the mafioso, unless the mafioso A) doesn't have to kill the towny to win or B) doesn't actually die when the towny dies.
Though unlikely, an SK could try to hide the fact that there even is an SK by not killing Night 0. I've seen it done and I've seen the mafia make the Town believe that there is an SK by simply using an additional one-shot.
True enough. However, this tactic is usually most useful in conjunction with some kind of mechanic that can further hide the presence of the SK, unless he's going deep cover, which likely isn't worth it in the long run.

posted 10-18-11 00:14 AM CT (US)     32 / 731  
So pretty much what I said...

posted 10-18-11 00:42 AM CT (US)     33 / 731  

What would the SK actually gain from not night-killing?
posted 10-18-11 01:54 AM CT (US)     34 / 731  
It's possible but very very unlikely, as explained in the posts above mine.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 10-18-11 02:20 AM CT (US)     35 / 731  
As explained in the f*cking post you're quoting.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀

[This message has been edited by Mozzarella Man (edited 10-18-2011 @ 02:20 AM).]

posted 10-18-11 07:15 AM CT (US)     36 / 731  
An edit! Modkill, fast!
posted 10-18-11 08:03 AM CT (US)     37 / 731  
As explained in the f*cking post you're quoting.
true that.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 10-18-11 11:01 AM CT (US)     38 / 731  
As explained in the f*cking post, you're quoting.
Fixed.
posted 10-18-11 11:43 AM CT (US)     39 / 731  
So pretty much what I said...
I don't consider conditions that change how alignments work to be a standard style of play. Besides, a towny that the mafia doesn't have to kill is essentially a survivor, and if the mafioso doesn't actually die upon killing the towny, then he wasn't really a lover.

posted 10-18-11 12:32 PM CT (US)     40 / 731  
Not really. If a mafioso is a lover to a towny, that mafioso dies if that towny dies. While the time of death varies by host preference, the fact that the mafioso has to kill the towny in order to win, but in doing so dies, is pretty much completely unfair to the mafioso, unless the mafioso A) doesn't have to kill the towny to win or B) doesn't actually die when the towny dies.
The mafia doesn't have to kill the whole town, they just have to make sure they can't be stopped from being the last faction to survive (survivors excluded), so the town lover can survive to the end, provided he has no way to kill the mafia.

Anyway, in my opinion, given that the lovers commit suicide the following night, if the mafia lover is vig killed and the town wins the next day, the town lover should win too. Same with mafia.

posted 10-18-11 12:47 PM CT (US)     41 / 731  
The mafia doesn't have to kill the whole town, they just have to make sure they can't be stopped from being the last faction to survive (survivors excluded), so the town lover can survive to the end, provided he has no way to kill the mafia.
That's an antiquated mechanic that was born of simple games where the town had only a handful of power roles. In today's age where most games are complex and involve a lot of power roles, the mafia achieving majority does not always ensure victory. Thus, it doesn't make sense to award the mafia victory until they have eliminated the town entirely.
Anyway, in my opinion, given that the lovers commit suicide the following night, if the mafia lover is vig killed and the town wins the next day, the town lover should win too. Same with mafia.
Except that when the lover dies is host preference, not given. The original lover died on the same night as the object of affection.

posted 10-18-11 12:58 PM CT (US)     42 / 731  
I think we are deviating from the point here.

posted 10-18-11 01:03 PM CT (US)     43 / 731  
As you're saying, the mafia sometimes needs to kill the whole town. That's why I put this condition into what I said:
provided he has no way to kill the mafia.

posted 10-18-11 01:04 PM CT (US)     44 / 731  
Indeed, Rot, let's cut this discussion here and keep finding the mafia.

posted 10-18-11 02:31 PM CT (US)     45 / 731  
Yeah, I agree. This really got pretty tangential if you ask me.

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
posted 10-18-11 04:34 PM CT (US)     46 / 731  
Sorry. Being a dead man walking kinda blurs one's sight of the goal.

posted 10-18-11 06:33 PM CT (US)     47 / 731  
Well, we do already have a random vote on...

posted 10-18-11 10:37 PM CT (US)     48 / 731  
Well, what I can say? LOL.

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
posted 10-18-11 10:39 PM CT (US)     49 / 731  
Sure, random vote, yay.

Vote: Pulse_of_Shift

posted 10-19-11 09:04 AM CT (US)     50 / 731  
Prod everyone,
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Mickey Mouse Mafia: Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames