loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Just a Flavourless Mafia Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10  Next Page »
posted 04-10-12 04:16 PM CT (US)   

Vanilla Mafia

Plain vanilla
adj. Informal

Lacking adornments or special features; basic or ordinary: plain vanilla stock options; a plain vanilla wardrobe.

Alive
2. Bulba Khan
3. WRP
4. Herr Heir
8. Pulse_of_Shift
9. SirDante Ser Perigil

Dead
1. Thymole - Killer/Mafia
5. Popeychops - Doctor/Town
6. Ashrzr - Prostitute/Mafia
7. SodaMister - Tracker/Town
10. Ser Periagil - Sorcerer/Town
11. Athens Julius - Faith Healer/Town
12. Mozzarella Man - Burst Sadist/Town

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote my emails. Paraphrase.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote. Otherwise, I'll ignore your new vote.
  • Each day lasts a maximum of 2 weeks. If no majority has been reached by then the player with most votes will be lynched.

YOUCANRUNANDHIDE

[This message has been edited by Barcaii (edited 04-27-2012 @ 06:56 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 04-10-12 04:41 PM CT (US)     1 / 488  
    It is now Day 1. With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    posted 04-10-12 04:42 PM CT (US)     2 / 488  
    Why yes, WRP is correct.

YOUCANRUNANDHIDE
    posted 04-10-12 04:44 PM CT (US)     3 / 488  
    Random pressure, I guess?

random.org says 4, so Vote: Heir

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    posted 04-10-12 04:45 PM CT (US)     4 / 488  
    Alright I'm going to go ahead in claim then. I'm a vote subtractor, known as a peasant. I substract one vote from the current vote count on any person I choose.

Vote Dante not sure if it will go to -1 vote, but someone should vote me to show zero.

posted 04-10-12 04:46 PM CT (US)     5 / 488  
    Well, we can try that. Unvote
    Vote: Dante

VC, please?

posted 04-10-12 04:47 PM CT (US)     6 / 488  
    Is that a question.

EE forever
    posted 04-10-12 04:49 PM CT (US)     7 / 488  
    On a more serious note, why did you claim so early, Dante? There was no reason for it.

EE forever
    posted 04-10-12 04:51 PM CT (US)     8 / 488  
    Vote Count, Day 1
    ----------------------
    Dante - 0 (Dante, WRP)

Not voting (10): Everyone else...

With 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.

YOUCANRUNANDHIDE
    posted 04-10-12 04:54 PM CT (US)     9 / 488  
    Unvote

Well Ash, I think it's good to claim whenever your vote has restrictions. Like, nobles claim nobles at the start of the game. If someone has his vote stolen, he claims it. Don't have to full claim, though.

posted 04-10-12 04:55 PM CT (US)     10 / 488  
    I guess it's better to claim now rather than later when the loss of a vote comes as an alarm. Fair enough.

EE forever
    posted 04-10-12 05:09 PM CT (US)     11 / 488  
    Dante and his vote modifying antics.

Essentially you make a person loved? By reducing the VC by one.

DO you inform the mod about your decision to reduce the VC on someone, or you vote for them, like you voted for yourself.

IF latter, then how do you lynch the person you want to? You reduced the vote count, contradicting your desire to have that bloke lynched.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
    Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    I was being stupid. - Herr
    posted 04-10-12 05:10 PM CT (US)     12 / 488  
    All survivor and millers should claim too.
    vote:Mozzy
    Random vote.
    posted 04-10-12 05:15 PM CT (US)     13 / 488  
    Wow. That sucks.

That has no practical town purpose. All it does is allow the scum to win with one extra townie... or more? For some reason I can't conceptualize this...

2 scum and Four townies

Max townie vote is 3 = loss

3 scum and Five townies

Max townie vote is 4 = loss

That second scenario really sucks...
    posted 04-10-12 05:16 PM CT (US)     14 / 488  
    It also works the other way, too.

EE forever
    posted 04-10-12 05:17 PM CT (US)     15 / 488  
    Though, because the scum are always going to be less than the Town in size, it does seem to be quite a lot of trouble.

EE forever
    posted 04-10-12 05:18 PM CT (US)     16 / 488  
    The scum only need to prevent a lynch from occurring, so that point is null...
    posted 04-10-12 05:21 PM CT (US)     17 / 488  
    Although the worst situation is probably 1 scum and 3 townies... That would be a painful loss
    posted 04-10-12 05:38 PM CT (US)     18 / 488  
    My vote counts for -1 when I vote. So ya its a little bit useless for me to try and push a lynch. Because I just can't.

I claimed because its important for the town to know we have a guy that can't pushes lynches since thats the town's big thing, and I can't do it.

posted 04-10-12 05:41 PM CT (US)     19 / 488  
    It probably would've been better to hide and hope to be nightkilled as you're technically detrimental to the town, but that's a minor point and your role would be infinitely worse if given to scum. You're more or less confirmed town, but it's a horrible, anti-town role.

(note: no, I'm not saying we should lynch him. That only makes things worse).
    posted 04-10-12 05:56 PM CT (US)     20 / 488  
    Why is he confirmed town? That is patently a scum role and a scummy power.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 04-10-12 06:08 PM CT (US)     21 / 488  
    I agree with herr, vote subtractor in no way seems like a townie role. I won't vote for him yet, but if the rest of us agree I wouldn't be against lynching him.

Disclaimer: The above post is a joke. Do not take anything said literally.

[This message has been created by Athens_2008 (created 01-01-1970 @ 01:00 AM).]
    posted 04-10-12 06:37 PM CT (US)     22 / 488  
    Explain how that is possibly a scum role?

Give one situation where that could possibly benefit the scum.
    posted 04-10-12 06:38 PM CT (US)     23 / 488  
    Derp derp derp

nvm...

That role really sucks. It hurts the town equally regardless of who is using it.
    posted 04-10-12 06:59 PM CT (US)     24 / 488  
    I'm cool with being lynched if there's no other lynch at all. I'm more like a voteless townie that tries to stop bandwagons. So I'm still useful but limited. About all I can do is try to chance scum during the day using good town play. That's about it.

posted 04-10-12 09:30 PM CT (US)     25 / 488  
    lol at Bulba.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 04-10-12 09:36 PM CT (US)     26 / 488  
    Random vote.

Vote: Mozzy

posted 04-10-12 09:49 PM CT (US)     27 / 488  
    lol at Athens.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 04-10-12 09:51 PM CT (US)     28 / 488  
    Also, you're not allowed to call it random if you have a reason.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 04-10-12 10:48 PM CT (US)     29 / 488  

Unvote

posted 04-10-12 11:06 PM CT (US)     30 / 488  
    I don't see what you mean. You say that it's a random vote. I tell you it's not a random vote. Then you unvote and act like it was obvious to you, using a played out rage face.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 04-10-12 11:07 PM CT (US)     31 / 488  
    Vote: Athens

Bandwagoning and vote-hopping.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 04-10-12 11:29 PM CT (US)     32 / 488  
    Well, hello hello hello.

Lynching Dante might be a pretty good option here.

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
    Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
    posted 04-10-12 11:36 PM CT (US)     33 / 488  
    Meh. It's an incredibly scummy role. If we still want to lynch him, I have no problem. But let's look around.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 04-10-12 11:38 PM CT (US)     34 / 488  
    Are you kidding me? Can you not tell that it was a joke? I thought the rage comic would make it undeniably obvious. Not to mention I haven't voted for anyone except for you.

Non-sense aside, does someone want to keep a tally on who all is for lynching dante? So far it's thy, pulse, and I correct?

posted 04-10-12 11:46 PM CT (US)     35 / 488  
    Ninja'd

For Lynching Dante (5)
    Mozzy
    Athens
    Thymole (?)
    Pulse
    Dante (?)

posted 04-11-12 00:06 AM CT (US)     36 / 488  
    The more I think about it, the more I think Dante is scum. For one, his role is entirely useless to the Town. For two, his role is pretty helpful to the scum if the Town is going for a successful lynch.

For a third reason, I'm getting super tired of all of these vote tests. But I'm still apathetic. I'm interested in Athens right now.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 04-11-12 00:09 AM CT (US)     37 / 488  
    But my vote test actually proved my role..........

posted 04-11-12 00:11 AM CT (US)     38 / 488  
    Also I would like to point out if I directly try to stop you from trying to lynch a for sure lynch, you can just turn on me since it would prove I'm scum anyways.

posted 04-11-12 00:11 AM CT (US)     39 / 488  
    That's the point

We're not debating whether or not your lying. We're discussing whether or not you're scum.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 04-11-12 00:42 AM CT (US)     40 / 488  
    Dante, weren't you saying earlier that is fine if we lynch you?

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
    Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
    posted 04-11-12 01:30 AM CT (US)     41 / 488  
    Im also fine with a dante lynch as his role is not helpful to town at all.
    posted 04-11-12 05:50 AM CT (US)     42 / 488  
    Dante's role only helps the scum, since it makes a lynch majority harder to get. I agree that this does not sound like a likely town role, and he will be a very good fallback lynch, since we'd be essentially gaining a vote for doing it.

Member of BlackForest Studios
    Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
    and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
    "Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
    "Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
    "You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
    posted 04-11-12 07:48 AM CT (US)     43 / 488  
    I am, but as a townie its still my job to try and help you lynch scum, which I'm not.

posted 04-11-12 08:03 AM CT (US)     44 / 488  
    I just thought of something.

Do you think a role like that will be given to a scum, after claiming which (He can't fakeclaim, as he modifies votes), everyone will immediately go after him?
    There's an outside chance that the mod will make a townie a detriment to Town as a whole.

I don't we should lynch him for being scummy. There's nothing scummy yet in his behavior. However, as Popey said, he;s a good fallback lynch due to his presence being detrimental to the Town's interest. But surely, not a Day 1 lynch.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
    Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    I was being stupid. - Herr
    posted 04-11-12 08:09 AM CT (US)     45 / 488  
    He is very much a day 1 lynch but I don't mind looking at other options. Note that even if Dante is town by lynching him the number of votes we have remain the same. This is easily the best situation in which we could lynch a townie, so there's almost no risk there.

Imma continue with my random vote, and Vote: Ashrzr

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 04-11-12 08:38 AM CT (US)     46 / 488  
    Herr, I think he means that, by lynching Dante, the maximum number of votes the town has is higher than now, with respect to the number of townies.

posted 04-11-12 08:44 AM CT (US)     47 / 488  
    No one but me has said that?

posted 04-11-12 08:46 AM CT (US)     48 / 488  
    IS THAT A QUESTION.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 04-11-12 08:51 AM CT (US)     49 / 488  
    Must have been distracted.

posted 04-11-12 11:44 AM CT (US)     50 / 488  
    One thing to keep in mind is Barcaii's a new host and new player. A mistake such as Dante's role isn't out of the question.

EE forever
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Just a Flavourless Mafia Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames