Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Imaginarium of Dr Newt - A HGMM Mafia
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
posted 05-12-12 05:07 PM CT (US)   

THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR NEWT: A STEAMPUNK HGMM MAFIA

The host's cane clanged rhythmically as Dr Newt led his 'guests' up the gangplank onto the monstrous steam-driven airship. Nobody had questioned this, as the armed guards in dark red 'NG' livery suggested that failure to comply with the polite invitation to board would be met with... considerable disappointment.

"I do apologise for the rather abrupt means of bringing you here, but I'm afraid that we didn't have time for the usual pleasantries. We leave within the hour: it's far from ideal but I'm afraid Lady V doesn't like being kept waiting, and she's expecting us within the week."

Dr Newt paused to adjust his copper monocle, which was attached to his top hat via a large metal clamp. Peering down at the lackeys who were frantically loading cargo into the ship's hold, he smiled tightly. "Nevertheless, preparations have been made to keep you in the utmost comfort for the duration of the voyage. The stewards will show you to your rooms, all of which are furnished to the highest standards. Room service will be available once we are airborne, and breakfast will be served in the dining room between 6am and 8am. I do hope you'll all be able to join us." Something resembling a flicker of dark amusement passed across his face, but he said nothing. Momentarily, a cry went up, and the huge cargo doors slammed shut with a metallic clang.

Dr Newt limped over to a column which was equipped with a brass speaker. "Captain, begin preparations for the ascent. We leave at once!" At that, the huge hangar doors above the ship slowly opened, revealing the moon, huge and golden above the funnels. The monstrous wheels on the side of the vessel began to turn, and steam billowed out of the stacks. The engines came to life with a roar as the stewards moved in to take the guests to their rooms. As they departed, Dr Newt, with almost manic glee, called out to them.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Imaginarium! I'm sure some of you will enjoy your stay with us!"

And as the ship rose into the indigo sky, only the roar of the engines could mask his laughter.

The Passengers

Journey's End

3/18

7. Pulse of Shift - Henrz: Cop
8. Popeychops - Mozzy: Jealous Survivor
13. Sass - Vox Nihili: Miller Faith Backup

The Ex-Passengers

15/18

2. Rotaretilbo - WRP: Engineer (Town)
17. SirDante - Sarn: Doctor (Mafia)
12. Thymole - Ashrzr: Hitman (Mafia)
1. Ashrzr - Heir: Jealous Survivor (Third Party)
11. Donrelicar - Thymole: Mason (Town)
18. Maegereg - Leif Ericsson: SK (Third Party)
6. Bulba Khan - Rotaretilbo: Roleblocker (Town)
9. Barcaii Rotaretilbo - Vinyl: Mason (Town)
14. Vox Nihili - Major Helper: Deputy Hitman (Mafia)
3. Heir - Bast: Doctor (Town)
15. Sarn - Pulse: One-Shot Vig (Town)
4. Mozzy - Maegereg: Inventor (Town)
5. Gil WRP - SirDante: Deputy Hitman (Mafia)
10. CarolKarine - Popeychops: Flavour Cop (Mafia)
16. Sodamister - Gil: Hitman (Mafia)

Email any night actions to mideonsworld[at]aol[dot]com

Standard rules apply. The game is closed communication. If you have any queries please email them to me. No funny business or I'll have you fed to my German Shepherd, Andrew.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy

[This message has been edited by Newt_Gunray (edited 06-16-2012 @ 01:55 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-12-12 05:08 PM CT (US)     1 / 1028  
It is now Night 0. Get your actions in chaps, night lasts 48 hours.

"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
posted 05-14-12 04:38 PM CT (US)     2 / 1028  
Half-hour left!

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 05-14-12 07:09 PM CT (US)     3 / 1028  
NIGHT 0: THE VOYAGE BEGINS

As the guests sat down in the dining room the next day, it was remarked upon that there were a few missing. One of these, Sodamister, came limping into the room. "Someone tried to murder me in my bed!" he cried. "This ship is a death trap."

Dr Newt looked up quizzically from the top of the table. "Nonsense, the Imaginarium is as safe as they come. No expense is spared to ensure the safety of our passengers."

He buttered some toast with an elaborately-carved knife, which bore the initials 'V' and 'N'. "Of course, that didn't stop someone murdering Rotaretilbo last night in the engine room. Poor devil. It's far from ideal."

The guests looked in stunned silence at their host. Sitting the teacup back on the saucer, his mechanical eyepiece whirred as though to refocus. "Oh yes, and Dante's dead as well. But I doubt many of you will miss him, you know. Rather a bad egg, that one."

Dr Newt continued his breakfast in merry contemplation. Most of the others found that they had lost their appetites.

Rot (playing WRP, an Engineer) has been killed.
Dante (playing Sarn, a Mafia Doctor) has been killed.
Someone tried to kill Sodamister, but failed.

It is now Day 1.
There are 16 alive, so it's 9 to lynch

[This message has been edited by Newt_Gunray (edited 05-14-2012 @ 07:10 PM).]

posted 05-14-12 07:10 PM CT (US)     4 / 1028  
What's an Engineer do?

EE forever
posted 05-14-12 07:18 PM CT (US)     5 / 1028  
"What does an engineer do?" asked Ash.

Dr Newt paused in eating his boiled egg. "The Engineer might not have seemed particularly important, but I can assure you that he was. You see, on a ship of this size and complexity, we take all possible precautions to ensure that things run smoothly. However, certain... problems... do have a tendency to arise from time to time."

"It may come as a shock to you, but there are certain parties who would seek to sabotage the mechanical workings of this fine vessel. Only in the most favourable of circumstances, granted, but such unsavoury types do exist. Your engineer, may he rest in peace, was instrumental in mitigating the potential damage that may have been done. Without the engineer..." The host sighed sadly.

"Without the engineer, any sabotage which might be carried out on this ship will be liable to cause far, far more serious damage than if he were alive."

posted 05-14-12 07:20 PM CT (US)     6 / 1028  
Small pressure Vote: Coldviper

(V)ox ihili. I'm not really convinced of anything because I doubt that our host would really frame anyone in the morning write-up, but I wonder if perhaps you know something, especially if it's relevant to the murder of Rot.

Also, if any of you are millers, survivors, or playing Mozzarella Man, it'd be in your best interest to come forward now.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 05-14-12 07:20 PM CT (US)     7 / 1028  
I want a name claim from popey.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 05-14-12 07:23 PM CT (US)     8 / 1028  
Why?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 05-14-12 07:24 PM CT (US)     9 / 1028  
I do agree, actually. If whoever's playing Mozzy isn't scum, it would probably be a good idea for them to claim now.

EE forever
posted 05-14-12 07:25 PM CT (US)     10 / 1028  
Bwah! Just noticed the initials thing. In the interests of fairness, no, that was just flavour: the V and the N on the knife do not stand for Vox Nihili. The meanings may become clear as the game progresses.

If you hadn't realised it, this is about as close as you're going to get to a Storyteller's without actually playing in a Storytellers. I go a bit mad with flavour.

posted 05-14-12 07:25 PM CT (US)     11 / 1028  
I want a name claim from popey. I'll explain more once he's claimed that much.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 05-14-12 07:26 PM CT (US)     12 / 1028  
@newt - I enjoy the flavor.

posted 05-14-12 07:27 PM CT (US)     13 / 1028  
Well, I'm kind of honored to be blind fired N0. Hearts and hugs.

posted 05-14-12 07:27 PM CT (US)     14 / 1028  
I'm Mozzerella Man, (jealous) survivor.
I'm told there's another survivor out there and I don't win if they're alive at the end.
My guess is mozzy is that other survivor.
I don't have the RL time to formulate some kind of elaborate plan in order to find that others survivor and have them offed. So I'll just get this claim out, and if the other survivor doesn't claim now, lynch all liars comes into effect in my favour?

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 05-14-12 07:32 PM CT (US)     15 / 1028  
My flavor investigations agree that he is indeed mozzy, and he has ranting letters decrying other passengers. However, I do not know who the other passenger is.

posted 05-14-12 07:33 PM CT (US)     16 / 1028  
I can promise you all that I am neither a survivor, miller, or third-party player. I am entirely pro-Town according to my flavor which suggests no possibility nor hint of any misgivings toward the Town.

Also, I fear we may get confused. How should we separate players from their characters? Mozzy for the player (me) and Mozzarella Man for the character (played by Popey)? I don't know how this'll work for other players.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 05-14-12 07:35 PM CT (US)     17 / 1028  
Unvote: Coldviper

No reason to pressure him at this point, then, other than randomness. And other people (Popey, Carol) are looking more interesting at the moment anyhow.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 05-14-12 07:37 PM CT (US)     18 / 1028  
Mozzy, that's fine with me. I was refering to you in the above post. Denial of you being a survivor is good enough for me.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 05-14-12 07:38 PM CT (US)     19 / 1028  
I also think it would be a good idea if we all went through and said if our player is in the game. if the majority are, we can use names to scum hunt and we can use occam's razor to assume that all the players in the game have a counterpart, and as such reduce scum fakeclaims to almost none, because then they would be counterclaimed.

of course, this may very well not apply.

posted 05-14-12 07:39 PM CT (US)     20 / 1028  
Can I make the suggestion that you use Aberrations for the username and the full name when speaking about roles. Just a suggestion that would tell the two apart. *Back to being dead*

posted 05-14-12 07:41 PM CT (US)     21 / 1028  
Also, I fear we may get confused. How should we separate players from their characters? Mozzy for the player (me) and Mozzarella Man for the character (played by Popey)? I don't know how this'll work for other players.
If you think it's bad for you guys, it's a nightmare for me. I came very close to emailing WRP to tell him he was dead. I doubt he'd have appreciated that, seeing as he's not even in the bloody game.

posted 05-14-12 07:46 PM CT (US)     22 / 1028  
thank you newt!

scratch my above idea.

posted 05-14-12 07:48 PM CT (US)     23 / 1028  
Yeah, differentiating between role names and real names will be key. I suggest that we always bold a name if it is a character.
posted 05-14-12 07:53 PM CT (US)     24 / 1028  
Forgive me, how do we know if our player is in the game? Unless you mean name claim.
I have no idea if Popeychops is in the game or not.

posted 05-14-12 07:58 PM CT (US)     25 / 1028  
doesn't matter, newt confirmed above that WRP is in the game, but WRP is not, meaning my plan is pointless.

posted 05-14-12 08:05 PM CT (US)     26 / 1028  
Well, I like the bold idea you guys have proposed. haha

More importantly, we've seen that there are 3 kills. Whoever had the kills certainly didn't want many really strong and thorough players in the game. I mean, Dante and Rot both blind fired? What the hell. Although, I suppose Dante was lucky for us, their intention was clearly just to eliminate as many strong threats as possible. Well, and me, for whatever reason.

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
"God damnit, did I just make that an Australian demon?
-Sodamister
"I like my women like I like my English weather: cold and wet." -Henrz
posted 05-14-12 08:12 PM CT (US)     27 / 1028  
I would be greatly amused if Popey's jealous target was Barcaii

Also, bold will get tedious. How about "quotation marks :/"
posted 05-14-12 08:16 PM CT (US)     28 / 1028  
bolds are only tedious if you're not on a comp.

see, it's not so hard!

posted 05-14-12 08:32 PM CT (US)     29 / 1028  
Some of us type out the actual tags for everything. Still, I think bold, or quotes, is fine. I'd say bold, because we already have a standard, and the last thing we need is a format war.

That said, I'm surprised someone went after Sodamister. He's much less likely to be scum at this point, but it's still odd. I don't think we can get anywhere from there though.

Popey seems fine at this point. No reason to doubt that claim. The other survivor has a strong incentive not to claim at this point. I don't see any great reason to force them to claim either.

The bottom line is that I don't have any real suggestions for how to proceed at this point.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 05-14-12 09:10 PM CT (US)     30 / 1028  
Might I suggest random pressure?

As far as Sodamister goes, I suspect he was targeted because he was unlikely to be protected N-0 (no offence, Mr. Soda). Rot, Herr, and Abhaas are all popular N-0 victims and, as such, are popular N-0 targets for doctors, jailers, and such. A bit of a WIFOM here, but I suspect that Sodamister is either iron/stone or that his would-be killer was luckily role-blocked. I doubt very much that Soda was protected by a doctor.

So, who's an easy nut to crack?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 05-14-12 10:13 PM CT (US)     31 / 1028  
CV?

posted 05-14-12 10:36 PM CT (US)     32 / 1028  
He's gotten a lot better, actually. I don't even know how you you know about his old reputation.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 05-14-12 11:23 PM CT (US)     33 / 1028  
I'm Mozzerella Man, (jealous) survivor.
I'm told there's another survivor out there and I don't win if they're alive at the end.
My guess is mozzy is that other survivor.
You're already Mozzy, why would the other survivor be Mozzy?

Basically I'm trying to point out that there is no reason that you would suspect Mozzy of being a jealous survivor. Or is there one?
Some of us type out the actual tags for everything.
Hi-five!

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 05-14-12 11:33 PM CT (US)     34 / 1028  
One of these days, people are going to remember that I'm worth protecting on Night 0. I think this is like the fourth or fifth game recently where I've died either on Night 0 or Night 1.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 05-14-12 11:42 PM CT (US)     35 / 1028  
I think he meant that he believed ME (the player) to be his opposite.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 05-14-12 11:45 PM CT (US)     36 / 1028  
I think this is like the fourth or fifth game recently where I've died either on Night 0 or Night 1.
Yeah, like protecting good players like Herr and Ser Periagil.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 05-15-12 00:18 AM CT (US)     37 / 1028  
I suggest we put a mark infront of the name like mozzy! Im only saying this because Im ALWAYS on the phone.
posted 05-15-12 01:31 AM CT (US)     38 / 1028  
Bold isn't going to work because it will confuse things when you come to voting.

Anyway, what's a mafia doctor ? It would seem a rather strange role combination. The only reason for it would be to protect against night kills from a rival scum group or to give a halfway plausible out if you come under pressure. It suggests that there are a lot of power roles in this game.

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
posted 05-15-12 01:34 AM CT (US)     39 / 1028  
So what bulba, even I'm mobiley and yet I can type in codes.

More thoughts when I get to my system.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 05-15-12 01:43 AM CT (US)     40 / 1028  
On second thought, maybe it won't be so confusing. Play it by ear? Anyway, let's get some random pressure going. I don't care who. Hell, I'll go first.

*checks random.org*

Magic number is twelve!

Thymole, do you have anything interesting?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 05-15-12 01:49 AM CT (US)     41 / 1028  
Sass makes sense, I suggest we move to quotation marks like was suggested earlier.
I think he meant that he believed ME (the player) to be his opposite.
Yeah, but he essentially pegged you randomly because neither had you made a move to make him claim nor did he mention you (the player) in his claim.
It would seem a rather strange role combination. The only reason for it would be to protect against night kills from a rival scum group or to give a halfway plausible out if you come under pressure. It suggests that there are a lot of power roles in this game.
Indeed, 3 kills in an 18 player game would suggest that the mafia are indeed in need of protection themselves. Not sure if there are competing mafia groups though, wouldn't the dead mafia member be labeled differently then? Maybe that is deliberate to keep it ambiguous.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 05-15-12 02:16 AM CT (US)     42 / 1028  
Popey's logic was that I was trying to find Mozzy and, since somebody apparently wants Mozzy dead, I was clearly his opposite jealous survivor. I suggest we leave it for now because the survivor feud is likely not going to involve the Town unless one of them can make the case that it would help us to favor one or the other.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 05-15-12 04:20 AM CT (US)     43 / 1028  
Or it could be something similar to my game where one mafia group goes under the name of Mafia and the other Mafia group might be something like werewolf or whatever name he decides fits.

YOUCANRUNANDHIDE
posted 05-15-12 06:58 AM CT (US)     44 / 1028  
Popey's logic was that I was trying to find Mozzy and, since somebody apparently wants Mozzy dead, I was clearly his opposite jealous survivor. I suggest we leave it for now because the survivor feud is likely not going to involve the Town unless one of them can make the case that it would help us to favor one or the other.
Well not quite, you asked for Mozzerella Man to claim, which I took as the only hint I've had so far as to who might want rid of me. I'm not even told if the other survivor is jealous, that's just an assumption.
Me searching for the survivor is not something the town care about.

posted 05-15-12 07:04 AM CT (US)     45 / 1028  
Does anyone see a good reason to think 'Sarn' should have been scum? The scum are going to be some collection of people, including him, but I have no idea who they're likely to be.
It suggests that there are a lot of power roles in this game.
I guess it makes some sense. It'd be a bit awkward to write a role saying "You are [Insert Forum Member Here]. You're a boring bastard with no interesting features." It's now clear to everyone that not every player in the game also represents a role so it would be easy to avoid doing that too much. Obviously there's an outside chance Newt is more eloquent than I am but even so. It wouldn't surprise me if there were very few completely basic roles.
In the interests of fairness, no, that was just flavour: the V and the N on the knife do not stand for Vox Nihili. The meanings may become clear as the game progresses.
Dr Newt and Lady V?
posted 05-15-12 07:05 AM CT (US)     46 / 1028  
I'd guess Mozzy just assumed a role named after him wouldn't be honestly pro-town in the same way as I'm assuming a role named after me doesn't exist.
posted 05-15-12 09:38 AM CT (US)     47 / 1028  
I agree with much of what's been said so far (powerful scum factions, we shouldn't worry over-much about the survivors, etc.). I don't have much to go on yet, but I'll come up with something by later today.

"The Dreaming God thinks that Carol should treat his impotence with viagra so that he will be more enthusiastic about the game." - Ash
posted 05-15-12 10:25 AM CT (US)     48 / 1028  
Newt, did you get my email?

posted 05-15-12 11:15 AM CT (US)     49 / 1028  
Two survivors in one game? Interesting.

EE forever
posted 05-15-12 11:23 AM CT (US)     50 / 1028  
Due to nothing much happening, I'll support some pressure on Thymole for now.

"The Dreaming God thinks that Carol should treat his impotence with viagra so that he will be more enthusiastic about the game." - Ash
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » The Imaginarium of Dr Newt - A HGMM Mafia
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames