HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Experimental Mafia: Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
posted 08-03-12 02:41 PM CT (US)   
CK's sign up thread used ambiguous names and rules.
He and I may edit this post throughout the game, so check it before you post.

RULES
1. Closed communication applies.
2. No quoting role emails. You are expected to paraphrase in the spirit of this rule.
3. Popey and CarolKarine expect to be CC'd to all potential emails between players.
4. Popey and CarolKarine retain the right to discuss among ourselves a suitable punishment for violation of any rules.
5. No editing of posts. Infringement results in a modkill. No exceptions.
6. Faction win.
7. Dead people can't talk, any more than a single goodbye post will result in faction penalties.
8. No posting at night. Doing so will cost you your vote during the next day phase.
9. No player may vote for a no-lynch. In the event of an impasse in the voting, a 72-hour deadline will be declared, after which the player closest to the lynch will be lynched. In the event of a tie, all tying players will be lynched.
10. Email any complaints or queries to the moderators. Do not raise them in the thread.
11. Players are expected to display an understanding of the English language.
12. All other standard rules apply.

LIVING PLAYER LIST
1. Ashrzr
2. Herr Heir
4. Major Helper
5. Daimond Daimondo
6. Ser Periagil
7. Henrz Rotaretilbo
10. Sarn
11. WingedFlamez
13. SirDante

DECEASED PLAYER LIST
1. SodaMister
2. Thymole
3. WRP
4. Weemicky

REPLACEMENT LIST
1. Rotaretilbo
2. Thymole

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 09-25-2012 @ 10:15 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08-03-12 02:42 PM CT (US)     1 / 634  
It is now night 0
Send all actions to both carol.karine@yahoo.com and popeychops@hotmail.co.uk

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 08-03-2012 @ 02:42 PM).]

posted 08-03-12 03:25 PM CT (US)     2 / 634  
So how is everyone on this fine day?

"Quoting yourself is stupid"-Lordofglory
"FPS never have lores, I'm sorry."-Joshua Thacker
"Daybreak? I'd rather we be done with you here and now."-Rotaretilbo
posted 08-03-12 03:57 PM CT (US)     3 / 634  
Sleeping. You too.

posted 08-03-12 04:59 PM CT (US)     4 / 634  
Was just up for a glass of water.

posted 08-03-12 06:58 PM CT (US)     5 / 634  
I somehow just came up with the best mafia ever.

as soon as this is over, I'll go put it up on the list.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 08-03-12 10:48 PM CT (US)     6 / 634  
Rule 5 is silly and it contradicts the principle of Rule 4. Also curious as to whether or not Rule 8 will be followed precisely. But I'm just angry at the world...

I'll be a replacement...
posted 08-04-12 07:15 AM CT (US)     7 / 634  
rule 5 is a specific action that will be taken against all edits, as opposed to other infringements which might not need to be so severe. rule 8 will be followed as needed. (IE, anything strategical)

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 08-04-12 07:52 AM CT (US)     8 / 634  
I'm going to request that you do NOT send emails to my yahoo, I never check it (I need to change that.... >.> ) in any case, send them to whatever email popey prefers and to the email you got your role from.

posted 08-04-12 09:33 AM CT (US)     9 / 634  
Perhaps, but in two or three years of playing, all of edits I've ever seen have been harmless and best left ignored....
posted 08-04-12 11:48 AM CT (US)     10 / 634  
yeah, too bad. because the idea is that if it does happen, and if it isn't harmless, then it could be incredibly game-breaking. it's just not worth it.

posted 08-05-12 12:57 PM CT (US)     11 / 634  
oi you guys, get your actions in!

posted 08-05-12 06:53 PM CT (US)     12 / 634  
I should probably point out that I'll be on holiday from the 9th to roughly the 25th or so, not after the 26th in any case. I promise to check the forums each time I find some hotspot or stuff like that, but I can't know where I'll find one, and I can't surf the net with my cellphone abroad, so I don't know when I'll be able to post. If you need to replace me, then I'll accept it

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 08-05-12 10:14 PM CT (US)     13 / 634  
a week isn't much, but that's nearly 3... I'll talk to popey. I'm not sure ATM.

how often do you expect to get hotspots? in such a situation, I would be willing to keep a list of questions the players have for you in the votecounts so you don't need to hunt through them. that way you could possibly answer them rather often.

posted 08-06-12 05:38 AM CT (US)     14 / 634  
I don't know how often I'll find hotspots, because I'm going to places I've never been to.

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 08-06-12 09:56 AM CT (US)     15 / 634  
A kill attempt on lordofglory failed
A kill attempt on Ashrzr failed
A kill attempt on Daimond Daimondo failed

It is now Day 1.
With 13 votes in play, 7 votes are required for majority.

posted 08-06-12 10:07 AM CT (US)     16 / 634  
Woah. I assume there are many docs and RBers who got lucky? Or iron people. Or both.

posted 08-06-12 10:59 AM CT (US)     17 / 634  
Indeed, looks as if scum managed to hit ALL the wrong targets Three kill attempts is somewhat worrying though, since this is such a small game.

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 08-06-12 11:01 AM CT (US)     18 / 634  
There is no way all those kills came from scum. No way at all.

Any town vigs who made kills last night to come forward now or be lynched later?

Also, millers and survivors to come forward ASAP.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 08-06-12 02:07 PM CT (US)     19 / 634  
There better not be any Millers in this game.

EE forever
posted 08-06-12 02:14 PM CT (US)     20 / 634  
Wow we got lucky last night but if there are three kills every night....

We shouldn't waste time celebrating we have to catch scum tonight.

~~~~~Email: daimonddaimondo@yahoo.in~~~~~
posted 08-06-12 02:16 PM CT (US)     21 / 634  
Diamond targeted Herr last night and theres a failed kill on Diamond. If Diamond confirms he's a roleblocker we have our first scum.

FOS Herr

posted 08-06-12 02:17 PM CT (US)     22 / 634  
I also know that Major Helper targeted Herr as well but that doesn't help us as much right now.

posted 08-06-12 02:19 PM CT (US)     23 / 634  
Also as an afterthought and triple post, for It just occurred to me. Its a possibility that all three kills did come from scum and the scum had one or two one-shot abilities that are now wasted.

posted 08-06-12 02:34 PM CT (US)     24 / 634  
Um no, I am a roleblocker. I targeted Periagil.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 08-06-12 02:36 PM CT (US)     25 / 634  
That is why I asked all pro-town vigs to declare themselves, so that if Periagil didn't do so I could say that I had something on him and take it from there. But that obviously won't do anymore.

Also if Daimond had something on me I think he would've revealed it in his first post.

posted 08-06-12 02:56 PM CT (US)     26 / 634  
Nope, not a vig or miller or survivor.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 08-06-12 03:08 PM CT (US)     27 / 634  
FOS: Dante

How does what you have incriminate anyone?

If Daimond targeted Herr, that is completely irrelevant to there being a failed kill on Daimond.

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
"God damnit, did I just make that an Australian demon?
-Sodamister
"I like my women like I like my English weather: cold and wet." -Henrz
posted 08-06-12 03:14 PM CT (US)     28 / 634  
Gil, can you confirmed you were blocked last night?

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
-Sodamister
posted 08-06-12 03:16 PM CT (US)     29 / 634  
Oh, apparently I forgot to post this. Anyway:

My point is, just because there are failed kills and you say Player X targeted Player Y, it does not indicate that Player Y is a killer.

-Sodamister
posted 08-06-12 03:19 PM CT (US)     30 / 634  
Soda, Dante is simply stating that if Daimondo is a RB'er, then it is very easy to see that Herr failed a kill on Daimond as Daimond did indeed target Herr. However, we do not know at all that Daimond is a rb'er, thus the "FoS" and not "Vote", as I'm sure Dante would have voted instead if he knew for fact that Daimond was a rb'er he would've voted instead.

FoS: SodaMister

posted 08-06-12 03:21 PM CT (US)     31 / 634  
This is about as substantial as Lordy claiming a RB stole a vote.

If several variables work out exactly as I want them to, I might achieve my desired result!

-Sodamister
posted 08-06-12 03:28 PM CT (US)     32 / 634  
Yet, Dante outed himself as a watcher for a slight chance to catch a scum. That's not really good play, is it?

posted 08-06-12 03:29 PM CT (US)     33 / 634  
I never claimed you stole a vote Soda, I just stated that you targeted Herr, which you did, you weren't lynched on that basis BTW, you were lynched on the basis of you claiming SRB. something completely off topic BTW.

posted 08-06-12 03:33 PM CT (US)     34 / 634  
That is why I asked all pro-town vigs to declare themselves, so that if Periagil didn't do so I could say that I had something on him and take it from there. But that obviously won't do anymore.
You still could have done that, all I said in my post was three things.

1. Diamond had targeted you.
2. Major had targeted you.
3. If Diamond was an RB you were likely scum.

You should have waited if you knew you were town instead of revealing. Diamond would have said he was not an RB since you knew that you are the town RB. If Diamond lied you could have exposed that by saying who you blocked and then, them confirming. You made the mistake Herr not me. I have clarified that I am a watcher and am proving my role by saying targets before anyone else announces them.
FOS: Dante

How does what you have incriminate anyone?

If Daimond targeted Herr, that is completely irrelevant to there being a failed kill on Daimond.
Sodo is completely missing the point of my post and attempting to make it out to be scummy in a way it is not. That is blantant misinformation and should be noted as such. I said If Diamond was an RB and confirmed that he targeted Herr, it was very likely that Herr was scum, because he had a blocked kill on Diamond. RB's arent often iron so I would assume thats the only way the kill could be stopped unless proven otherwise by a protective role. It would be simple once Diamond said I am a RB and targeted Herr, to wait for any response from a protective role and then if there is not, lynch Herr for an easy early scum and a two confirmed town members. If Diamond had replied to my query with a no, I am not an RB but did target Herr then we still have a confirmed watcher if nothing else. Its pretty clear cut.

posted 08-06-12 03:35 PM CT (US)     35 / 634  
You bringing up the lynch is off topic. And it wasn't that I targeted Herr. It was that there was an "interaction" between Herr and I, which was never defined nor determined to be true. It still holds no basis, which is why my point was relevant.

Dante has outed himself on a very slim chance to catch anything. For his result to mean anything:

1. Gil can't have been RB'd.
2. Herr has to a have a kill.
3. Daimond has to have an RB.
4. Herr has to have lied about ability and target, when there is a "watcher result" on him.
5. Dante has to be a watcher.
6. Dante had to have watched Herr.
7. Herr actually has to have had an active ability.

Not only that, but he outed two people with active abilities.

Also, I'm a miller.

-Sodamister
posted 08-06-12 03:36 PM CT (US)     36 / 634  
Vote: SodaMister

posted 08-06-12 03:36 PM CT (US)     37 / 634  
Yet, Dante outed himself as a watcher for a slight chance to catch a scum. That's not really good play, is it?
Not just a slight chance to catch scum, remember watchers are different than investigative roles. Watchers + protective role = very difficult to kill protective roles. A watcher is as defensive as offensive and I believe is more useful in the open early to assist other protective roles in protecting the town. If I was a cop/tracker then I would have said nothing unless I had tracked Herr to Diamond, and I would agree with you. But a watcher is a very different type of play than other investigative roles.

posted 08-06-12 03:38 PM CT (US)     38 / 634  
Dante, the fact remains that you were grasping for something to go on. Even if Herr was a kill, that doesn't confirm anyone else. It confirms you as a watcher, and that's it. Daimond and MH still aren't confirmed town and neither are you. The point is, you've outed yourself and gained less than an ideal gain from it.

-Sodamister
posted 08-06-12 03:38 PM CT (US)     39 / 634  
You bringing up the lynch is off topic. And it wasn't that I targeted Herr. It was that there was an "interaction" between Herr and I, which was never defined nor determined to be true. It still holds no basis, which is why my point was relevant.

Dante has outed himself on a very slim chance to catch anything. For his result to mean anything:

1. Gil can't have been RB'd.
2. Herr has to a have a kill.
3. Daimond has to have an RB.
4. Herr has to have lied about ability and target, when there is a "watcher result" on him.
5. Dante has to be a watcher.
6. Dante had to have watched Herr.
7. Herr actually has to have had an active ability.

Not only that, but he outed two people with active abilities.

Also, I'm a miller.
You just didn't read my whole post did you.

posted 08-06-12 03:38 PM CT (US)     40 / 634  
Vote: Lordy

Stop voting for town.

-Sodamister
posted 08-06-12 03:39 PM CT (US)     41 / 634  
OMGUS response from Sodo.
Please claim.

Vote Sodo

posted 08-06-12 03:39 PM CT (US)     42 / 634  
We're leaving out the part where Major targeted Herr, too, so Major should confirm he's not a roleblocker either.

posted 08-06-12 03:40 PM CT (US)     43 / 634  
Yeah, this. If Diamond was a RB, his blocking of Herr does not have anything to do with the failed kill on Diamond. It may have meant that Herr was a killer, but it doesn't mean he tried to kill Diamond. I don't know why Dante brought that up, especially since he jumped straight to the possibility of the blocked action being a kill. There were three kills attempted, meaning that we likely have a mafia, sk, and a vig (or maybe mafia 1-shot kill). Now, it's odd that all of them failed. It could be a combination of iron/doc/RB, but I don't think there's enough support for Dante to jump so aggressively on Herr to the point of making assumptions of Diamond's role. Diamond could have been iron. Herr could have been the doctor and protected Diamond. To make an assumption without even knowing Diamond's role is a little strange to me.

"The Dreaming God thinks that Carol should treat his impotence with viagra so that he will be more enthusiastic about the game." - Ash
posted 08-06-12 03:42 PM CT (US)     44 / 634  
I did read your post, but not until after mine was up.

I've already claimed Dante. Please try reading. Not an OMGUS reply at all.

-Sodamister
posted 08-06-12 03:43 PM CT (US)     45 / 634  
Which is why I said If, I'm confirming myself as a watcher early. A chance at finding scum is better than nothing on Day 1 wouldn't you say? I would like both Major and Diamond to confirm if they are, or are not rb's. Also I still want a claim from OMGUS Sodo.

posted 08-06-12 03:44 PM CT (US)     46 / 634  
Once again, Dante, I've already claimed. That's twice now.

What's more important is for Ser to clarify if he was RB'd last night.

-Sodamister
posted 08-06-12 03:47 PM CT (US)     47 / 634  
I've already claimed Dante.
Also, I'm a miller.
I do hope I missed out on the post where you claimed.

posted 08-06-12 03:49 PM CT (US)     48 / 634  
To clarify my problem with Dante's logic:

If Diamond had blocked Herr, there's a chance Herr is a killer. However, if Herr was a killer, he could have targeted someone else an Diamond would have still blocked it. RBs don't just block kills directed at themselves. Yes, it would have implied that Herr was a killer, but it would not imply that Herr specifically targeted Diamond and not Lordy or whoever the third target was.

Also, I don't like Soda's miller claim. We need to keep an eye on him.
Stop voting for town.
Don't do this. Seriously, don't. No one is proven town, so this statement is worthless. This and similar logic like "He voted for me and I know I'm town, so he must be scum" is worthless because it's reliant on us trusting your unproven claims. At this point, you could say "Stop voting for town." about any vote so far. That's like saying "Lynch scum." It's obvious and common sense, but the way it's used is to manipulate people into suspecting another person. If this logic continues, I will vote for whoever does it on the grounds of attempted manipulation of the town.

"The Dreaming God thinks that Carol should treat his impotence with viagra so that he will be more enthusiastic about the game." - Ash
posted 08-06-12 03:49 PM CT (US)     49 / 634  
I've already claimed Dante. Please try reading. Not an OMGUS reply at all.
You have claimed you are a Miller, you did not say VT Miller or any other role tied with Miller. All that tells me is if a Cop investigates you he gets guilty.

Not an OMGUS reply?

Lordy votes for you.

You vote for Lordy, reason listed :
Stop voting for town.
Which you are not confirmed as.

And an OMGUS reply is,
OMGUS stands for "Oh My God, You Suck (for voting for me)!". it is sometimes used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you.
Since you are not confirmed town and the only reason you voted for Lordy isn't a reason, the only reason you can use to vote for him is that he voted for you, therefore OMGUS.

Also I would like Major to confirm he is not a RB or is
I would like Diamond to confirm he is or is not an RB
and I would like Gil to confirm he was RB'd last night.

posted 08-06-12 03:50 PM CT (US)     50 / 634  
I'm a miller. That's it. Congrats.

I claimed before you asked. Millers were called for, so I came forward. Your vote based on that is ridiculous. I complied with what was asked of me.

-Sodamister
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Experimental Mafia: Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames