AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Return of Rome DLC
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-15-22 05:56 AM ET (US)   

Hey all! So this was just announced, what do you think about it? I am cautiously optimistic

There's a few things I worry about which I'd like to hear your thoughts on:

1. How do you feel about AoE1 being gobbled up by it's offspring? This is both meant as a joke and a serious question. Do you think that instead of announcing it as a DLC Age2DE should be renamed to reflect both games (equally)?

2. What is the current state of the chat censorship in AoE2DE? Has it become better or worse these past few months? I don't own the game and would like to know. I want to communicate normally in MP, and last time I checked the chat was horrible and server side, very very slow.

3. How is AoE2DEs performance nowadays, has it improved over the past few months? I specifically mean resource hogging and memory leaks, which seem to occur on various set ups (not all though), what I meant is has any optimization of the engine been done and these issues finally been tackled?

4. What do you expect and what would you like to see?

I am all for it if done right. It is by all means a logical step to take, also from a developers point of view since AoE2DE is superior technically, it would make no sense using the older genie engine. Most unique unit quirks can be recreated using triggers too. And I do prefer the better AI and numerous features of AoE2DE over that of AoE1. Gameplay would certainly be an improvement. And I can see expansion DLCs coming with Indians (beyond the indus) and perhaps Celts, Scythians in the future. This is the one reason why AoE1DE is being incorporated. Will it be perfect for everyone? No, that is not what I expect at all. Treat it with respect, and you may just have me onboard.

"We are AoE2DE. We will assimilate you. Resistance is futile."
Replies:
posted 04-25-23 11:49 AM ET (US)     26 / 35  
There will be Vietnamese in RoR DLC.

posted 05-01-23 03:18 AM ET (US)     27 / 35  
I'm sure the majority of Vietnamese players will stick with the original.

So what do you think about the DLC now that it has been revealed? I'm really happy there is land trade and triggers now. It could have gotten some extra stuff I think but I guess they're saving that for future DLCs.
posted 05-01-23 03:55 PM ET (US)     28 / 35  
I think so too that most of Vietnamese will stick to OG version.
I really like the additions (gates, new techs!), I am curious about campaigns though (probably there will be only 3, I hope they will add more in the future).
I'm moderately optimistic for ROR. I hope that they will develop this project in the future.
posted 05-05-23 05:15 AM ET (US)     29 / 35  
I am looking forward to this, because I really don't think much more will be done for the AoE I DE. Improvements and new content are a great thing, and we still have the original should one prefer that.
posted 05-05-23 01:14 PM ET (US)     30 / 35  
Viper made a short video on how RoR works in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUxRNKSSDBo&ab_channel=TheViper

RoR DLC Review from Age of Noob.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcMOfyJQ5gA&ab_channel=AgeofNoob

[This message has been edited by Zarrr (edited 05-06-2023 @ 03:38 AM).]

posted 05-07-23 04:44 AM ET (US)     31 / 35  
What a weird feeling to hear of Age of Empires 1 being ported into the Genie 2 engine.

I feel like firing up the original 97 and playing a few games.
posted 05-07-23 09:33 AM ET (US)     32 / 35  
ShadowCrystallux made video about balance in Return of Rome DLC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6EzZqBzh6M&ab_channel=ShadowCrystallux
posted 05-15-23 09:59 AM ET (US)     33 / 35  
posted 05-24-23 09:38 AM ET (US)     34 / 35  
Really hope that this will be successful that means we can have room for future Age of Empires 1 DLC for all the civilisations that haven't been depecited yet

India:
* Harrapan
* Maryuanans
* Tamilakam
* Anuradhapura

North Europeans
* Celts
* Germanics
* Dacians
* Iberians

Steppe Nomads
* Scythians
* Xiongnu
* Yuezhi
* Rouran Khaganate

Africa and the Middle East
* Numidians (West Africa)
* Cushities
* Aksumites
* Natabeans
* Armenians
posted 11-03-23 10:15 AM ET (US)     35 / 35  
I'm sure you could keep it interesting as well if you followed the same formula of age advancement, resource acquisition, and technological improvement.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » Return of Rome DLC
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames