You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: how to change the age in scenario editor?
posted 04-26-09 07:33 PM EDT (US)   
i cannot find how can change the discovery age to imperial age. please teach me how to do that. thank you
Replies:
posted 04-26-09 08:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
If you are at a loss
1) read in AgeOfWiki
2) use the forum search or web search
3) important: use your brain !

But if you're too tired or too lazy, read here
posted 04-27-09 08:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
use Player: Set Age
1- Colonial
2- Fortress
3- Industrial
4- Imperial

So use the 4
If you wanna have postimperial age u have to dl my triggerset and must use Player Set Postimperial

@Bilbo On the one hand you are right but on the other hand we need more designers so we need to be friendly and offer help

@author btw: you also can go ask at the faq such simple questions

-MrSCP

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 04-27-2009 @ 08:23 AM).]

posted 04-27-09 09:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
@Mister SCP
I have offered help - directed him just to the right article.
And I was very friendly (better don't ask how unfriendly posts look like *g*)
But I couldn't suppress sarcastic comment, with a little reading and thinking before posting many questions/topics were superflous.

And your answer wasn't quite correct. If you want to upgrade eg. from Age0 to Age4 you have to run through all intermediate steps (Age1,2,3). The single upgrade to AgeX doesn't include automatically all predecessors. Same is valid for unit upgrades - always upgrade step-for-step.

PS: btw - the techs 'Post....' include predecessors. And for going post-imperial it doesn't require an addition. The default techs 'PostImperial...' do the same.

[This message has been edited by BilboBeutlin (edited 04-27-2009 @ 11:00 AM).]

posted 04-27-09 11:00 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
ino but since it makes only a graphic change i forget everytime about it

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
posted 04-27-09 11:04 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
NO - an age progress step doesn't touch merely gfx updates. There are also changes in units/buildings attributes as well as available units/buildings which are unlocked by the age progress.

PS: and finately the 'SetAge' effect does nothing else than statistics - it is no real tech, but a dummy.
For a real upgrade you have to use the techs in the manner:
{Age}{Civ} ... like eg. ColonializeBritish, IndustrializeSpanish, etc.

[This message has been edited by BilboBeutlin (edited 04-27-2009 @ 11:16 AM).]

posted 04-27-09 12:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
The discussion has brought me to writing a little explanation:

The trigger effect 'Set Age' does nothing else as the name says: it sets the player's Age# to a defined value.
It doesn't cause any changes in units/buildings' attributes.
You ask what sense has this effect? It unlocks certain techs which are available only age-dependent. That's all.

For trigger controlled age upgrades like normal game play you must use the civ specific upgrade techs. They are named {age}{civ}.
age = Colonialize, Fortressize, Industrialize, Imperialize
civ = British, Spanish, .....
Important: Do the upgrade 'step-for-step'. A certain AgeTech doesn't include predecessors.

With Industrialize and upper it is easy. There are techs 'Post{age}{civ}' which do the work, including preceding techs.
posted 04-27-09 09:22 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
ok, so if i want to change age the civilization like China, then what am i going to do?
posted 04-27-09 10:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
For China the 'step-for-step' age techs are:
ypColonializeChinese -> ypFortressizeChinese -> ypIndustrializeChinese -> ypImperializeChinese
These cause 'normal' age-upgrades like the TC upgrade buttons.

The 'Post...' techs are:
ypPostIndustrialChinese, ypPostImperialChinese
These include already the main techs of certain epoche.
I'm not sure, whether these cover all predecessing techs, perhaps better use the above steps.
posted 04-28-09 00:05 AM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
I remember playing with stuff like this. The post- industrial and imperial techs do include all obtainable technologies that are available to the civilization. Techs not included are consulate techs, wonder techs (if any), spies, blockade, any card technologies, natives techs (for some reason their warriors are upgraded though). Um. To make any sense, you also have to set the age. Like you can be PostIndustrial but still be in DiscoveryAge. The post- techs don't set the age like 'Colonialize' etc.
posted 06-09-09 06:52 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
I don't get the difference between {age}{civ} and Set Age. I've always used Set Age and I didn't notice a problem with it.
It doesn't cause any changes in units/buildings' attributes.
But most unit's attributes aren't changed by simply aging up, are they? The only ones I know of are warchief/explorer/monk and Aztec warpriest...

Is this correct?
  • Set Age changes the building graphics and sets the technologies of that specific age to obtainable.

• {age}{civ} changes the building graphics, sets the technologies of that specific age to obtainable and improves the attributes of some units.

Play my scenarios! You won't believe how much fun they are!
  • posted 06-09-09 07:25 AM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
    As mentioned earlier, SetAge only does what the name says: the player's age is set to a defined value.
    But the Age# alone influences some more stuff. Visually the optical appearance of units/buildings. Furthermore units, buildings, techs, cards, abilities, ... with an age precondition are unlocked.

The techs {age}{civ} call a certain tech from techtree. Within this code are executed many important stats changes. These include also SetAge = ... and do a gfx update.

Examine the {age}{civ} techs in techtree and you'll get an impression about the massive changes.
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » how to change the age in scenario editor?
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames