You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member of the Month: November 2011
posted 30 November 2011 04:48 AM EDT (US)   
Some people are mysterious. The obvious candidate for mysterious mystery man of mystery is of course The Vandhaal. I mean we don't even know if The Vandhaal is a man of mystery, she could quite easily be a woman of mystery, or even an it of mystery. I for one welcome the concept that The Vandhaal is an Eldritch horror from beyond the void.

Likewise today's winner is equally mysterious. he/she/it was totally unwilling to provide pictures of themselves. So without further ado: Scragins.

(Note: Scragins only provided the scenario screenshot. All other pictures are random pictures from the internet and should not be considered actual representations of Scragins except for comic effect.)

Is this Scragins? He does come from Scoggins.

Out Reach: Hello scragins, are you ready to begin?

Scragins: yes.

Out Reach: What brought you to AoM, and AoMH?

Scragins: Well I have known Age of Mythology pretty much since it came out and played it on and off. I was already playing other game like Age of Kings, Age of Mythology was just the next one.

I originally came to Age of Empires III heaven to try and find a solution to not being able to connect to ESO. I clicked around a bit more and discovered I could talk about a lot of different things, Age of Mythology included.

Out Reach: Why do you think AoM has had such longevity?

Scragins: I think it is because of all the things that can be done with it. Who would have thought an RTS can be turned into a FPS? The scenarios that can be made with Age of Mythology are amazing. The God Power feature is also extremely useful and often keeps players coming back. Voobly and Gameranger also play a part in keeping this game alive however if it wasn't for the scenarios I doubt this game would have hardly any activity from supremacy games alone and without supremacy I think this game would also be dead.

Out Reach: So scragins, other then AoM related things, what do you do with your free time?

Scragins: Well, I often go fishing with a few friends. This is relaxing and with summer coming along it can get pretty hot so I can go for a swim. So in summer time I spend a lot of time trying to stay cool, this can often end up doing anything around water. Luckily at the moment while it is spring we can play sport without getting to hot, so I often go play basketball.

Out Reach: What's the biggest fish you ever caught?

Scragins: The largest fish I have caught was a Mullet about 50 cm long. I have however seen much larger fish been caught, however I have not been lucky enough to catch anything of these.

A man holding a Mullet proving they exist. Is the man Scragins? WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

Out Reach: So what is your average day like?

Scragins: Well due to school, I lose the first half of my day to learning. After that I will either do something with a friend before going home or to straight home. Once home I will probably do homework while lowering my productivity by going to HG. I should then have my homework done by dinner so afterwards I can relax.

Out Reach: Who are you favourite people to chat with from Heaven Games?

Scragins: Well I would say Watson, he is who I chat with the most. We seem to both want to talk about the same things and we have similar views. I find it a bit like one of those fun competitive friendships. If one of us beats the other one we just end up talking about it, somehow coming to the conclusion that the one who lost is better and the one of us that won still thinks there better because they won.

Out Reach: So you said something about your scenario just being released. Care to tell us about it?

Scragins: Yes, Three Witches I started it a few months ago for Godpowers scenario contest. Three Witches is a three player against three player game where you have recharging god powers and must fight for the control of four ancient relics. You can play as one of the four elements of earth, fire, water or air. Each of these elements has different abilities, for example earth witches can turn trees into colossus, fire to fire giants water to servants and air to satyr. The eyecandy I think is rather nice and has a swamp theme, trees are spread across the map so you should be able to easily transform a few trees to help you.

[Large image]
A screenshot from three witches proving it exists.

Out Reach: Do you have any plans for the future scenarios, or is it to soon to say?

Scragins: No it is not too soon. I have already started on my next one, I am using the leveling system from World Adventures (community RPG) that I made to make a pirates game, I asked Grif (Watson for you) to eye candy up the map for my, I will then probably edit this a bit add a few more triggers into it so there is a purpose to it. The intended goal of the game will be to be the last ship floating, as you destroy other boats you will salvage parts from them and make your boat better. There should also be a few fishing ships and other boats sailing around on the ocean that you can sink and salvage parts from. I am also currently working on a way to modify a units individual stats, I have already been able to do this to a very limited extent however I would like to find a few more of the conditions for it working and which stats it works for before I tell people how to do it.

Out Reach: Well it's been great talking to you, Is there anything else you wish to say to the community?

Scragins:

It was too late when I remembered to start posting in rhyme.
I hope the next person remembers what they want to do in time.
So for now remember this month the alias of Skar.
Before it is your turn to join us that have already been called a star.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
Replies:
posted 30 November 2011 05:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 26  
Congrats!

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 30 November 2011 05:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 26  
You look way too older than I presumed from your posting standards.
posted 30 November 2011 05:38 AM EDT (US)     3 / 26  
Jetkill Fastmurder wins the award for "Biggest fail from not actually reading interview content".

Out Reach
posted 30 November 2011 09:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 26  
Congrats Scrag.

Uruk-Hai, Skeleton Warriors, Green horde, Khorne Berserker, Dwarfs
Attention!>Wrong english grammar are special effects and wanted from my keyboard<Attention!

The more there is to hide, the more there's to uncover.
So welcome to the other side.
This trip here is hell...
posted 30 November 2011 10:15 AM EDT (US)     5 / 26  
Excellent interview. And congratz to the mystery man
posted 30 November 2011 10:31 AM EDT (US)     6 / 26  
Congratulations, Scraggy. Well deserved.

and yeah, Mayank is more concerned with his PPD than actually reading and contributing

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 30 November 2011 12:23 PM EDT (US)     7 / 26  
(Note: Scragins only provided the scenario screenshot. All other pictures are random pictures from the internet and should not be considered actual representations of Scragins except for comic effect.)
posted 30 November 2011 07:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 26  
Congrats scraginsky!

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 30 November 2011 08:01 PM EDT (US)     9 / 26  
Gratz scrag!

posted 01 December 2011 00:19 AM EDT (US)     10 / 26  
Thank you everyone.

No, neither of those people are me.
posted 01 December 2011 01:15 AM EDT (US)     11 / 26  
That fish man would be far more attractive anyway.

<3
posted 01 December 2011 07:57 AM EDT (US)     12 / 26  
Congratulations on Interview month, Scragins.
posted 01 December 2011 08:32 AM EDT (US)     13 / 26  
Thanks Grif.
posted 01 December 2011 09:22 AM EDT (US)     14 / 26  
We need more people posting in this thread.
posted 01 December 2011 09:34 AM EDT (US)     15 / 26  
Blame BSU_DoLhades it's his job to news the MotM.

Out Reach
posted 01 December 2011 12:24 PM EDT (US)     16 / 26  
Hey I only just got on and your lucky I did :P

And anyway, whos meant to be Custom Titling Scragins? I am too low ranked to do so, its a pretty damn high up privelage ;P

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 01 December 2011 12:30 PM EDT (US)     17 / 26  
It's been up for over a day. And ask yeebaagooon.

Out Reach
posted 01 December 2011 12:47 PM EDT (US)     18 / 26  
My computers been KIA since Sunday :P

And Scragins also got the Member of The Month variant at AoEOH.

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 01 December 2011 04:46 PM EDT (US)     19 / 26  
Shanks will do it for you.
posted 01 December 2011 07:34 PM EDT (US)     20 / 26  
Congrats Scragins!

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
posted 02 December 2011 05:43 AM EDT (US)     21 / 26  
Gratz Scragins.

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 03 December 2011 01:02 PM EDT (US)     22 / 26  
Good job scragins, you deserve this.

Proud Trigger Artist and Map Designer for
~Mythic Studios~
posted 03 December 2011 09:19 PM EDT (US)     23 / 26  
Congradulations Scragins! If only you knew about this sooner. Then you would've been able to give thanks for it.... Let's just say it's an early Christmas miracle!

I'm the he he ha ha hilarious Entertainer and Scenario Designer of Mythic Studios:Mythic StudiosYou better laugh at my jokes...
Expert n00b to modding alert!!!
Where's the beef!?!?!?
Silly Songs with Larry The Water Buffalo Song
Ain't No Mountain High Enough!
Like Fallout 3? Join my forum!Fallout 3 New Vegas
posted 07 December 2011 01:21 AM EDT (US)     24 / 26  
If only you knew about this sooner.
I suspected it would be now since September I think. Out reached dropped a few hints and thanks.
posted 07 December 2011 06:21 AM EDT (US)     25 / 26  
posted 07 December 2011 10:07 AM EDT (US)     26 / 26  
Haha, we need more pointless arguments ITT.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member of the Month: November 2011
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames