Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The ESO revival guild
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12  Next Page »
posted 01 July 2009 00:33 AM EDT (US)   
Are you tired of going online looking for a good game, and all you find is Zelda Greek canyons or WRP?

Are you tired of reading thread after thread forecasting AoM's demise?

I know I am, but have any of us tried to do anything about it?

Yeebaagooon says: "Only ESO is dying; the true singleplayer spirit lives on." But isn't multiplayer what really makes the game as great as it is? No computer can match the power of the human brain. The struggle between players battling it out so see who is superior is what gives thrill to the RTS genre.

So, what will you do? Will you say "hey, this has to end one day, I'll just enjoy it while it lasts" or will you put up a fight to the end?

This is your opportunity to fight back.

We are dedicated to keep ESO alive. As long as a single player remains that wants what AoM has to offer, our efforts will not be in vain. We will try our best to meet the challenges that arise and deliver to the players what they truly deserve, quality games.

We do this not for glory, not for fame but for the spirit of the gamer, a spirit that we all have within us.

We need ideas. Ideas that can stand the test of time. We need to come up with maps that include strategy, simplicity, freedom and most importantly, replayability. Maps that do not depend of the beauty of the setting, nor the depth of the story. These things will help but what's essential is to emphasize strategy and minimize linearity.

Thus we must compare and contrast all of our ideas, to come up with something that has not been done before, create games that can be played indefinitely that we can not complain about.

Advertising AoMH in your scenarios is the key to getting players that are isolated in ESO to come out and play/make something better.

Top Ideas:
The best ideas will be placed here, to be criticized and improved.
-A zombie map where players ward off hordes of zombies
-A game involving naval combat (and possibly pirates )
-Atlas
-A leisure game where players work together (or alongside eachother) to accomplish a goal.
-A score based map

Guild Members:
Anyone can join, and members will be posted here. Anyone can contribute, but becoming a member will show that you care about ESO and are willing to spend your time to help improve it. To join, please say In (in bold)
-Joshonator - Working on Atlas - Personal Scenario
-Xzyiothe - Working on Atlas
-Beauchamp - Working on Atlas
-ChickenWrap - Working on Atlas
-P_J_B - Working on Atlas
-HealyWorks - Working on Atlas - Personal Scenario
-T_W_B - Working on Atlas
-Aomts_help911
-King_Alberich
-Peta_Pembuat
-VeX_Sino
-troy_im_no_noob
-Mephiles
-qwerty52
-Favorite_Viking
-andrewv42
-figgyo78
-Nick The Hun
-Smilidom
-WinstonShnozwick
-THYMOLE - Personal Scenario

Studio Supporters
-Superior

You can also have ERG endorse a map that you create indipendantly if it:

1. is multiplayer

2. passes the quality test

3. is bug free

4. contains advertisements for the guild and AoMH

Well, what are you waiting for, here's your chance to make a difference, get cracking!

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars

[This message has been edited by Joshonator (edited 09-10-2009 @ 11:50 PM).]

Replies:
posted 19 August 2009 10:36 AM EDT (US)     276 / 299  
perhaps we should add this to that list of teams on the thread above... i think it was the welcome thread...

Edit:This thread keeps falling down because we are not doing anything in the guild... I think we need to get more ppls working. How bout we get a deadline of one game per month, and just go through the list of members deciding whos turn it is to make it? Warn ppls 3 months in advance of their turn and just see what we come up with. If you like the idea, i'll go first, theres a few ideas i could probably expand upon from the minigames thing....

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 08-22-2009 @ 09:40 AM).]

posted 31 August 2009 06:01 PM EDT (US)     277 / 299  
I joined the guild but I'm not sure what to do.

Is there anything I can help with? I'm good with triggers. I just don't know if anyone needs anything done.
posted 31 August 2009 07:39 PM EDT (US)     278 / 299  
ERG has only one map that is being made by the whole guild:
Atlas

Pretty Much all you can do is help with that (it doesnt seem to need any help though), or make your won map to dedicate to ERG, which a few of us are doing.

There is a list of ideas above that we kinda mucked together. They are pretty vague though so if you do choose to use one it will be pretty open to creativity.

Just ask and ppls will probably help with anything
posted 01 September 2009 04:55 PM EDT (US)     279 / 299  
Thanks Thymole. I tried making a scenario once, but I really, really suck at map design. Usually I just go on ESO and help people trigger their maps.

EDIT:

I have a new idea for a game...

It's kind of like an escape with one hunter and three runnners. The arena is filled with berry bushes (each modified to only have 0 food, is that possible?). The hunter starts in the middle, the runners on the sides of the arena.

The hunter is like a Destroyer or any unit, with a modified low LOS. The runners are villagers.

The runners play as a team (they all have to die to lose), and they have to survive for a set amount of time. They do this by farming the berry bushes to create trails. The Destroyer only has enough LOS to see a little in front of him, so he must follow the trail of empty space until he finds a runner.

The runners, of course can lay false trails that end in dead ends, to waste the Destroyer's time, and perhaps even set traps (Spiders?). I got the idea from a book called Ender's Game (a great book). In the book, the main character plays a game where the hunter has to follow trails the runner set, and I want my idea to operate kind of like that.

Anyway, that'll be something for me to work on.

[This message has been edited by figgyo78 (edited 09-02-2009 @ 07:44 PM).]

posted 03 September 2009 04:59 PM EDT (US)     280 / 299  
Hey fyggio, about someone needing help with something, well, I do. I have made a map, it's basically a defense game, but instead of defending a king, you must defend your prisoner. You're in hell, and waves come randomly from 8 different paths towards you. Your prisoner is a villager, it therefore can build stuff, you'd have to build a defense (by buying units and building towers) to stay alive. It's meant to be hard, so you also have limited space.

I started triggering it, but since I'm not really good at triggers I kinda stoped work on it, to start working on a RPG. I planned to go back to it later, but the RPG is consuming too much of my already few time, I'd probably only do that in a distant future.

If you want you can take it from where I stoped (finishing triggers). I don't think it'll be too hard actually, I have kinda came up with a loop that randomly chooses the place. Since it's a loop, it never ends. It also keeps track of a quest var, that means that you can make it so once it reaches a certain wave, another one can start coming. The thing that kept me from continuing is, the loop don't work quite well, so I was trying to perfect it, and since I don't have much trigger knowledge, it was too hard to me.

Well, I'd have to finish some stuff in map design and translate the trigger names, but if you want to finish it let me know. If anyone else wants to finish it, I'd be glad to see it done.
posted 03 September 2009 05:43 PM EDT (US)     281 / 299  
Sounds cool! I'd be willing to trigger it.
posted 03 September 2009 06:05 PM EDT (US)     282 / 299  
Nice, as soon as I have some time, this weekend probably, I'll finish the map and translate the trigger names (they are in portuguese, my mother language), and then I'll send it to you.

I just need to know your E-mail, since the forum has no PM (private message) system.

Mine is smilidom00 at gmail dot com.
posted 03 September 2009 06:44 PM EDT (US)     283 / 299  
ybird5 at yahoo
posted 07 September 2009 09:27 PM EDT (US)     284 / 299  
I am officially finished the first version of Trails!!! Woohoo!
posted 08 September 2009 04:27 PM EDT (US)     285 / 299  
Hey we found the thread! i thought it was lost in the black abyss of the internet.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 09 September 2009 08:17 AM EDT (US)     286 / 299  
Im a pretty hardcore supremacy player, but lately i have been working on a supremacy based scenario, basically a modification of supremacy.

Here is what i got so far:

4 players (zeus, thor, isis, ora)

The map is oasis which was randomly generated.

The bonuses are as follows(what i have so far ^^):

Zeus: -Starts with 85 population, but cant make houses to increase it further.
-Can make only 1 house(cost 100 food, 50 wood/gold), which then turns into a shrine. The shrine grants increased villagers speed, armor, hitpoints, and adds 2 crush damage. (I thought this could be used to develop interesting strats such as greek vilager rush, or just as a good tech.)

Isis: - First monument cost set at 200 food, and grants 1 of 2 random bonusus:

1: Minor resource trickle: like 2 of all res every 3 sec
2: -10% vil cost

(both play into isis style, but i thought the cost of the monument would prohibit fh soemwhat, leading to other potential strats.)

Ora: - Starting oracles turn into weak and slower turma, which become regular turma in classic.

- Villager heroes become sky passages. (being raided? o, turn a vil into sky passage and escape safely. (hmm i think it should be pretty high cost tho, like 300 w, 250 gold or something like that, or maybe give like a 3 min lifespan to sky passage))

Thor: - Most early eco ups give additional bonuses.

-Hunting dogs grant 2 wolfs (with slightly elavated hp)

-Husbandry grants 3 goats.

- Pickaxe increases dwarf hp,speed (slightly), and los (by like 3-5, not sure yet)

The playstyle of this map would be largely standard supremacy, but of course the twists add many other possible strategies. I just wanted some new depth to sup ^^. Any ideas i should put in?

on a side note, i was also thinking of making this map somehow applicable to multiple audiences. I want to include skilled sup players, but others as well. I am considering puting like a little rpg-arena type thing in the middle. The idea is, if someone joins and sucks at supremacy, they can dlt their tc, and an rpg character would appear in the middle. As the hero lvls, it would grant bonuses)(such as resources, gp? techs? improements? idk)for the supremacy player on his team (assuming it is 2v2). So in essesnce you could have 2 rpg players, and 2 sup. When the rpg player gets a certain lvl, or acheives a particular objective, it would be unleashed onto the actual map. So like lategame, when the sup players are all boomed out with like 50 caravan, full tower spam thot ellie/ cata lame, there could be like this uber fukn hero unit with powers and sht that could mix it up a bit. Yo just some ideaz.

(insert insulting comment here)
posted 09 September 2009 03:06 PM EDT (US)     287 / 299  
May I recomend you something. Don't mix stuff. People that like RPGs rarely play supremacy. So, if you're making a supremacy, focus on sup players. I should also recomend you trying to do RMS, I guess it's not hard to add triggers to them, once you get the thing. There is also a program that makes the map thing (by nottud, just search shouldn't be hard to find).

Of course, before making triggers the hard way (in RMS) try it at scenarios. Once you get the deal, I guess you could try doing a map like that, but in RMS. Would be nice to have a extra bonus for each god you choose, maybe with a map that allows nice strategys for each of these gods with their bonuses. Also, RMS would allow you to have a flexible number of players, something that is way harder on scenarios.
posted 09 September 2009 04:06 PM EDT (US)     288 / 299  
no offense but mixing is the goal. true people that like rpgs dont play sup and vice versa but all of these gameplay aspects together would create a game that appeals to all players in general. Mixing is key.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 09 September 2009 04:23 PM EDT (US)     289 / 299  
Well, after consideration, i have decided to put my project on hold to reorganize my ideas. I want my scen to be very balanced, so mixing different elements i think would be extrememly hard to balance properly. I'll come up w/ something cool tho ^^

posted 09 September 2009 04:29 PM EDT (US)     290 / 299  
Apart from the RPG, I think your main idea was pretty good. But you'd have to go general, giving each god a special bonus and allowing players to choose between them.
posted 10 September 2009 01:14 AM EDT (US)     291 / 299  
yea i actually restared it so that players can choose, rather than me sayin YOU BE ISIS. I posted in a new topic. Anyone who wants to help trigger or playtest is welcome.

posted 10 September 2009 11:52 PM EDT (US)     292 / 299  
so what happens if you choose a god like Hades?

Progress Bars
posted 11 September 2009 06:24 AM EDT (US)     293 / 299  
i havent modified all the gods yet ^^. But im working on it.

posted 14 September 2009 11:12 AM EDT (US)     294 / 299  
Ah, so each god has unique pros and cons. It's an interesting idea, but the only problem i can see is that the average ESO junkie wont know about the god benefits unless they play it several times.

Progress Bars
posted 20 September 2009 03:29 PM EDT (US)     295 / 299  
I can't get into that stupid ESO, and that's why I don't play. I have friends as well that has problems with logging in. This "Can't connect to ESO on port 2800" or something. Have tried to fix it in years, but it just impossible. If they just has released an update for this problem when they still were making updates to the game I guess a lot more player would have played these days.
posted 20 September 2009 05:04 PM EDT (US)     296 / 299  
Uh thats not ES's fault thats your poor internet setup... It affects very few ppls.
posted 20 September 2009 08:52 PM EDT (US)     297 / 299  
if your having trouble you should post in the technical help section where they will try to help you solve your problem.

Progress Bars
posted 21 September 2009 04:17 PM EDT (US)     298 / 299  
I searched the forums, and guess what? I found out that I only need to run the game as administrator! Now I can play online! Yeah!

When I log in I get the notice "Can't get game stats" or something like that. Is it easy to fix this too?
posted 21 September 2009 04:49 PM EDT (US)     299 / 299  
Game Idea: The Colloseum.
Players : 5-6ish
Game-Type: Gladiator Arena.
Aims & Goals: To Survive the Arena with your friends or be the last man standing.

Also Josh, is Superiod Design Studios still running? If So Would it be possible to Join.

Coming Soon...
Something Intresting...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The ESO revival guild
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames