You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: HOT! Phat Fish finds AGE OF EMPIRES BETA VERSION!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 12-05-06 06:26 PM ET (US)   
Simply said a later Beta version of AOE has been FOUND for real. Use probably is best for designing; placing some overlapping units, beta units, new set of forest trees, etc...

For more about this unbelievable find, CLICK HERE

NEW Campaign for AOE beta
Download LINK: Age of Hero Tapisf

Wow, the COMPUTER TRIBUTED ME too!, yes just switch to Player 2 in the above campaign,
about 2:30 sec in computer player 4 will tribute you.

[This message has been edited by georgeror (edited 01-14-2007 @ 06:34 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-05-06 08:03 PM ET (US)     1 / 118  
Its true!

I'd love to give away details, but im sure the man himself wants to tell you. Ill wait another couple of weeks for him to come back, youll find out what he has in store for us

~ Fox

Tribulation Designs - AoE's one and only master design team.

The Legend of Assyria | Honor of a Samurai {prelude}

posted 12-06-06 08:45 AM ET (US)     2 / 118  
Given the info is correct and you guys ain't making a (though, very detailed and professional) joke, I'm in.

[This message has been edited by BBalazs (edited 12-06-2006 @ 08:45 AM).]

posted 12-06-06 01:23 PM ET (US)     3 / 118  
No joke here. Even check out Phatifsh's homepage, he even provided very awesome screenshots and detailed explanations of most alpha/beta version units, icons, etc.

~ Fox

posted 12-06-06 02:06 PM ET (US)     4 / 118  
Why did I say professional and detailed? ;D
posted 12-06-06 05:06 PM ET (US)     5 / 118  
lol, you sadic Tribulationers can't give such breaking news and then say 'more coming soon'... someone may lose his sleep. To think good old Scenario_t_c gave us pre-releases of the enhanced .DAT a few hours after he had announcement his discoveries. Eh, nowadays guys...

However I can't wait. Keep us informed, okay? Meanwhile I will drink to not get obsessed with this

posted 12-06-06 10:39 PM ET (US)     6 / 118  
Breaking news, to all designers of the AoE variety. Upon re-checking Phatfish's website for those screenshots of the AoE Beta, i found out that Phatfish is not having a contest after all. Thats right, no contest for the AoE beta version...

However, on the contrary, he will now be hosting the exclusive file on his website in 2~ weeks time, once he is unbanned from HeavenGames again. And, the offer won't last forever either. He will be taking it off on January 1st, 2007 due to bandwith reasons, its quite a large file apparently

All who wish to own probably a once in a lifetime scenario editing experience should download once it comes online ASAP. or not..you could miss out...

I tell you this not knowing whether or not old PF wanted this to be announced. Not that it matters though, even if you know of this hosting, you still have to find the webstite to download it, and not many know of it yet. good thing i know it....

~ Fox

[This message has been edited by McCloudDash91 (edited 12-06-2006 @ 10:41 PM).]

posted 12-07-06 00:46 AM ET (US)     7 / 118  

Quote:

All who wish to own probably a once in a lifetime scenario editing experience should download once it comes online ASAP. or not..you could miss out...

I hardly see how an earlier version of the game is great for designing....

posted 12-07-06 02:06 PM ET (US)     8 / 118  
It contains all of the hidden units, and probably then some. Plus, this really is every editor's dream

~ Fox

posted 12-07-06 06:16 PM ET (US)     9 / 118  
@G1GGY: If you search the SD Forum you will find questions about AoE beta dating back to the early days of this website.
posted 12-07-06 07:32 PM ET (US)     10 / 118  
I know...check the AoE/RoR board to see what g-ror dug up...

Anyway, when is Phatfish unbanned?

posted 12-07-06 07:49 PM ET (US)     11 / 118  
I believe he comes back the 17th. Im sure we can all wait until then for something this incredible.

~ Fox

posted 12-08-06 03:10 PM ET (US)     12 / 118  
Why is there so much secrecy about this "beta version"? Why will it only be available for download once Phatphish is unbanned? Why won't he tell us where he got it from? Why won't he give it to people straight away??

Quite frankly, I don't believe in this. Be realistic, people.

Don't fear
Drink Beer!
posted 12-08-06 03:51 PM ET (US)     13 / 118  
you wanna bet its real? You'll see..in time, you'll see. Or not, maybe you'll just have to miss out then. The secrecy is because im not sure how much info Phatfish wanted released to the public, if any, so im trying to respect his authority and wishes while still revealing some info. He wont tell where he got it from cause then everyone will have it and it wont be so cool anymore. And its only available when he's unbanned cause thats when he wants to put it up. Do not question the almighty Beta finder

~ Fox

posted 12-08-06 04:41 PM ET (US)     14 / 118  
Well, it could be true... and if it's a joke, no problem: besides we already have nearly all the hidden units, and many other cool features which were undreamt of till one year ago. Am I wrong?
posted 12-08-06 05:24 PM ET (US)     15 / 118  
Quite true.

~ Fox

posted 12-09-06 01:22 AM ET (US)     16 / 118  

Quote:

Why is there so much secrecy about this "beta version"? Why will it only be available for download once Phatphish is unbanned? Why won't he tell us where he got it from? Why won't he give it to people straight away??

Questions answered in order:

1. Because PhatFish is trying to make a big, "oh we're so glad to have him back at HG" style re-entry.

2. Because PhatFish refuses to give it to anyone else, so no one else can put it on the Granary.

3. Because that ruins the element of superiority he wants (see Q1).

4. See question 3.

Bismark, I totally agree with you on every point. I don't think it's real either. The screenies offered could've been done with the enhanced editor, or they could've been taken from another game. We shall see...

posted 12-09-06 06:06 AM ET (US)     17 / 118  
I have serious doubts as well, but I sure hope I'm completely wrong (check 1st post or so)

I'm going to see what this actually is, because I'm interested, particularly in some specific details. On the other hand I quite dislike this sort of pageantly re-entry behaviour. It might be just me though.

posted 12-09-06 02:45 PM ET (US)     18 / 118  
It seems we now have a release date. Time will tell if this is fake or real because at midnight of the 16th it is meant to go up and we'll find out.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs
posted 12-09-06 03:43 PM ET (US)     19 / 118  
You'll all see

i cant wait.

~ Fox

posted 12-09-06 06:35 PM ET (US)     20 / 118  
It does seem strange to me.
I think its real. But I don't know why we shouldn't be allowed it now.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/Tropper/Funk.jpg[/img]
AKA FireLegion_56 @ AOEH

Lastest Project:Classified

[This message has been edited by FireLegion_56 (edited 12-09-2006 @ 07:22 PM).]

posted 12-09-06 07:16 PM ET (US)     21 / 118  
Highly doubtful. According to Phatfish, it took him several years to find it. I doubt it'd be so easy as to google it and find it

~ Fox

posted 12-09-06 10:12 PM ET (US)     22 / 118  
Hey, did anyone ever hear of PhatFish's constant searching before he got banned?
posted 12-09-06 10:33 PM ET (US)     23 / 118  
I did

~ Fox

posted 12-11-06 10:24 AM ET (US)     24 / 118  
I have seen some too

*Does some more shameless PR*

I have now re-instituted the Super Hero Review Team somewhat, click the Review Board link below:

[This message has been edited by GeorgeROR (edited 12-11-2006 @ 12:42 PM).]

posted 12-11-06 10:58 PM ET (US)     25 / 118  

Quote:

I did

I mean WAY before he got banned. He says he's been searching for years, so I'm expecting that someone from 2 years back who knew him would've known about this.

Edit: Well, it appears I've been proven wrong, but it also appears that PhatFish could be up for another banning

[This message has been edited by g1gGy (edited 12-11-2006 @ 11:02 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » HOT! Phat Fish finds AGE OF EMPIRES BETA VERSION!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames