You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: HOT! Phat Fish finds AGE OF EMPIRES BETA VERSION!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 12-05-06 06:26 PM ET (US)   
Simply said a later Beta version of AOE has been FOUND for real. Use probably is best for designing; placing some overlapping units, beta units, new set of forest trees, etc...

For more about this unbelievable find, CLICK HERE

NEW Campaign for AOE beta
Download LINK: Age of Hero Tapisf

Wow, the COMPUTER TRIBUTED ME too!, yes just switch to Player 2 in the above campaign,
about 2:30 sec in computer player 4 will tribute you.

[This message has been edited by georgeror (edited 01-14-2007 @ 06:34 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-14-06 07:40 AM ET (US)     26 / 118  
PhatFish was not banned for AoE Beta. He was banned because he posted that he had downloaded AoE3 illegaly before buying it to test it out.

We cannot bend the rules just because he has AoE Beta.

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
posted 12-14-06 05:37 PM ET (US)     27 / 118  
Its really useless pirating games anyways. According to my brother's friend's brother, the quality is always crap. might as well not be lazy and just go buy it. Like i did

~ Fox

Tribulation Designs - AoE's one and only master design team.

The Legend of Assyria | Honor of a Samurai {prelude}

posted 12-14-06 10:58 PM ET (US)     28 / 118  

Quote:

We cannot bend the rules just because he has AoE Beta.

Click the link. Alt account. Are they allowed?

posted 12-14-06 11:32 PM ET (US)     29 / 118  
g1gGy the account is an old one. He no longer uses it so stop trying to get people banned.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs
posted 12-15-06 03:56 AM ET (US)     30 / 118  
Actually, I can't see where the problem is. Phatfish is already banned (for other reasons), so he can do whatever he wants, outside this community. If the moderators wanted to close this thread they would have done it several days ago, so they clearly recognized the importance of his alleged discovery. We should stop these silly controversies and simply see what happens on December 16.
posted 12-15-06 11:43 AM ET (US)     31 / 118  
Would it hurt anyone if I later hosted this permanently on my server? My host has 100Mbit of bandwidth and allows unlimited traffic.
posted 12-15-06 02:39 PM ET (US)     32 / 118  
Thats up to Phatfish to decide. I'd say you shouldn't do anything yet, ask him when he gets back.

~ Fox

posted 12-15-06 03:00 PM ET (US)     33 / 118  
AR is right. The fact we are even allowing the discussion shows we recognise the importance of a potential AoE Beta. But we cannot let PhatFish break the rules. And if he creates another account and then smurfs, then he's causing even more trouble for himself and I would strongly recommend he just waits for parole.

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
posted 12-15-06 03:09 PM ET (US)     34 / 118  
The thing is g1gGy is trying to stir up problems by claiming PhatFish is smurfing by having an old account that he no longer uses. Honestly I don't see any problems with having a new account in fact I have a old account I used to upload Death of the Morads but I don't use it.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
posted 12-15-06 03:48 PM ET (US)     35 / 118  
Yes. I dont see why giggy is doing this

unless maybe he didnt know that Lennart was his old name? its a possibility.

~ Fox

posted 12-15-06 07:44 PM ET (US)     36 / 118  
Its up

Finally all you disbelievers are disproven! and happy holidays to all who recieve this wonderful gift

~ Fox

posted 12-16-06 02:14 AM ET (US)     37 / 118  
The downloads on Phatfishes sites main page.

Lovely little virus packed away with this one, thankfully AVG picked it up--- take caution when DLing this

(though i dont think its intentionally put there by PhatFish, just be careful whilst unzipping it!)

posted 12-16-06 08:48 AM ET (US)     38 / 118  
Virus? Sure it isn't a false alert? I doubt PhatFish would upload a virus, and my F-Secure didn't detect anything.
posted 12-16-06 12:45 PM ET (US)     39 / 118  
AVG is the only thing that picks anything up.

The Dark Archer

posted 12-16-06 12:54 PM ET (US)     40 / 118  
I can't get the program to run. Window keeps telling me I have no authority to do so.

Member of Tsunami Studios
Scenario T.C.: “Yes, the traitors can’t be terminated.”
Richard Ames: “Scenario_t_c should take care of them in a succinct but humorous fashion.”
Don Jorge de Leon: “Ave Trisolo! Vive Trisolo!”

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 12-16-2006 @ 01:18 PM).]

posted 12-16-06 04:10 PM ET (US)     41 / 118  
I have the same problem as scenario_t_c.

AND I have AVG. Guess who picked the short straw...

A L A K A Z A M
posted 12-16-06 04:59 PM ET (US)     42 / 118  
I almost just had a seizure from one of the ads on this site. And i dont even have epilepsy.

~ Fox

posted 12-16-06 07:21 PM ET (US)     43 / 118  
I tried it. Nice, but it's practically the same as the final release. However I liked how they made the greek map set. The other campaigns had only a map with sea/water and "Egyptian/Babylonian/Yamato Map 1/2/3.." written on it. I also liked the trees, but they had all made it to the game demo. I also noticed a difference in a technology, the bronze age attack upgrade had the iron age image. The iron age "+3 attack" tech had a different image. Also, the watch and sentry tower research images were switched (I think that happened in the demo as well, but I don't remember).

The scenario editor is exactly as Phatfish showed on his screenshots. It features the normal editor units (Non enhanced by dat editing) plus Horses, Nukes and "Missle bolt". The Babylonian town center had a small difference. Everything else is seems to be the same.

EDIT (add-on): one bad thing is you cannot save your progress, and you can't introduce/extract scenarios from the game. If you play with your AoE CD inserted into your CD drive you can hear the music while you play. No ".avi"s, excepting one which seems like an ad.

Worth Downloading: it's up to you.

EDIT 2: Just remembered ranged units don't run away between each attack. Also, GeorgeROR told me GAIA units can be claimed by the computer units as well as yours.

"Hero" Mero
Roggan? Anonymous Ancient Villager
tcartaoe@yahoo.com

Age of Empires Heaven - AoE Cartography Workshop

[This message has been edited by Mero (edited 12-16-2006 @ 07:38 PM).]

posted 12-16-06 10:20 PM ET (US)     44 / 118  
The Chariotry [or all archers, i didnt test the rest] had the awesome shooting effects that a catapult has when combined with Alchemy, too. The Gaia comp thing is interesting, too. Im sure someone will find use of it..

~ Fox

posted 12-17-06 09:49 AM ET (US)     45 / 118  
Is it just me, or do priests convert much faster?

(and yes, you can see that it is a 'new' beta, it's almost like the finished product. At your place, do enemy archers tend to fire at places where basically nothing is? Check the TEMPLE_1 scenario to see what I mean)

posted 12-17-06 10:32 AM ET (US)     46 / 118  
I think this "Esteem" thing is the group that released this AoE Beta originally, but it had been lost in the time and PhatFish rediscovered it. If you copy over the AVI files from the retail version the "ad" won't play. It also seems that this version has a No-CD crack applied.

Also I've managed to extract all the campaigns except the Egyptian Learn to Play one, by just copying over the data from the EXE and putting it into a CPN file, however the Learn to play seems to be in a different format? I haven't tried to extract the scenarios yet, but I doubt that would be too difficult.

posted 12-17-06 01:51 PM ET (US)     47 / 118  
This isn't too much... Not alot is different here! Other than some weird interface, there isn't too much to this.

A legal problem could arise here... Phat Fish is basically letting people download age of empires for free...

posted 12-17-06 02:05 PM ET (US)     48 / 118  
Not really. He's only hosting it for a short time, plus, it cannot be used in single player [except for campaigns], and it cant be used on Multiplayer either. Its basically just an editor, plus you cant play any final release levels on it. Its not really downloading it for free.

~ Fox

posted 12-17-06 02:07 PM ET (US)     49 / 118  
BTW, didn't he say that the game should be played with the CD? (though I still can't get it to run)

Member of Tsunami Studios
Scenario T.C.: “Yes, the traitors can’t be terminated.”
Richard Ames: “Scenario_t_c should take care of them in a succinct but humorous fashion.”
Don Jorge de Leon: “Ave Trisolo! Vive Trisolo!”
posted 12-17-06 02:13 PM ET (US)     50 / 118  
So...is this really the beta???

Don't fear
Drink Beer!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 5  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » HOT! Phat Fish finds AGE OF EMPIRES BETA VERSION!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames