AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WARNING Thronesoftime is back
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10-07-13 04:40 AM ET (US)   
EDIT: I didn't realise the thread AoE_Scout posted existed when I made this. Apologies for the spam.

This guy has popped up on AgeComm promoting his ThonesofTime mod. I think we all remember when he came here the first time promoting it and got banned.

The reason was that he was trying to get people to pay to use his mod (against the terms of the EULA) and to quote PhatFish, was "being very rude (calling names) to forumers and staff, getting his view out constantly, creating multiple similar threads."

To refresh your memory, here is the complete series of threads:

First or second thread, gives the link and seems pretty legit.
Another thread, gets caught out trying to make people pay to use it.
Spams the forums insisting it was free (when it was not).
Spams some more.
Finally banned!

StormComing (to me): "Seems like you're way under-ranked"

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!

[This message has been edited by anterior2 (edited 10-07-2013 @ 08:56 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-07-13 05:20 AM ET (US)     1 / 29  
I got banned for almost no reason.

Secondly them playing the game is not against the eula.

Thirdly people can openly download it right now and play it.

Fourthly what exactly are you warning people about it I don't see how this makes any sense?

Are you warning people that I started getting warnings from a moderator for almost no reason and we got into an argument?

I don't quite see your point, what exactly is your warning here? That there is a new game that was made for people to play?

The game got released in October 2013 therefore what wasn't free then it wasn't even released.

[This message has been edited by Berriesonhills (edited 10-07-2013 @ 05:25 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 05:28 AM ET (US)     2 / 29  
Secondly them playing the game is not against the eula.
It was you forcing a payment in order to play the mod that was against the eula.
Thirdly people can openly download it right now and play it.
What made you change your business model? Are you still generating income from this mod or its associated website/accounts/members?
Fourthly what exactly are you warning people about it I don't see how this makes any sense?
You are circumventing your ban for a start.
Are you warning people that I started getting warnings from a moderator for almost no reason and we got into an argument?
I am warning against your previous business practices. I have no idea what your business model is now, in fact you may have reformed, but I am still working out if there is any hidden catches.
I don't quite see your point, what exactly is your warning here? That there is a new game that was made for people to play?
Don't even try that. It is a total conversion mod, not a whole new game. You are running it through Microsoft's engine. Please don't start this all over again.

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!

[This message has been edited by anterior2 (edited 10-07-2013 @ 05:29 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 05:32 AM ET (US)     3 / 29  
I never changed the business model, the game never was released for some reason in your mind a game that was still being developed was somehow already released, it was not released at all, it was still in dev stages.

Read this slowly so you can understand it this is the second time I am telling you this :

The game got released October 5th 2013

I was raising awareness about it being in development stages at that time.
You are circumventing your ban for a start.
He started the argument with me and we both know my ban was unjustified.

[This message has been edited by Berriesonhills (edited 10-07-2013 @ 05:36 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 05:59 AM ET (US)     4 / 29  
Your ban was completely justified. Furthermore I take offence to you accusing me of being "malicious" and "a nutjob" and "a 9/11 conspiracy theorist" on the threads on AgeComm. Please, just explain your purpose so we can stop this argument.

posted 10-07-13 06:06 AM ET (US)     5 / 29  
You sound crazy to me.

You make absolutely no sense.

The game was never released. I was the only person with it on my harddrive (and proudly the only person) until october 5th 2013.

This pretty much makes everything you claim to be untrue and false, and wanting to spread it around like it's some kind of bad thing is being malicious.

What are you even trying to spread around? I don't see any argument you really aren't making sense whatsoever.
posted 10-07-13 06:14 AM ET (US)     6 / 29  
ou sound crazy to me.

You make absolutely no sense.

The game was never released. I was the only person with it on my harddrive (and proudly the only person) until october 5th 2013.

This pretty much makes everything you claim to be untrue and false, and wanting to spread it around like it's some kind of bad thing is being malicious.

What are you even trying to spread around? I don't see any argument you really aren't making sense whatsoever.
Again, accusing me of being crazy doesn't prove your point. Actually, I'm not sure what your point is.... in fact I have no idea why we are even having this discussion in the first place.

I am by no means being malicious. Please stop those accusations.

posted 10-07-13 06:21 AM ET (US)     7 / 29  
You are being more than malicious, posting big warning signs everywhere.

I am not the one trying to prove a point you are and when I ask what your point is you ask me what my point is.

I guess you don't have any valid points to make.

Never seen anything quite this crazy in my life, what are you even talking about? You are making stuff up.

[This message has been edited by Berriesonhills (edited 10-07-2013 @ 06:21 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 08:02 AM ET (US)     8 / 29  
Ok, we been down this road, lets not do it again.

Saying you were banned almost without reason shows me that you still lack understanding of what you did wrong. We'd be quite happy to welcome you back if you showed you've learned from your mistakes.

To get a few things out of the way.

Can I play this game in singleplayer mode without paying anything?

Because if you provide servers for online play, I accept that that costs something, however, singleplayer should be free. Else, it is no different from when you got banned since you're still violating copyright laws, which is clearly against the code of conduct.

Heavengames welcomes and encourages modders, just not the ones who hope to get money without having a deal with the game's producer, microsoft games in this case.
posted 10-07-13 08:07 AM ET (US)     9 / 29  
Well they just stopped my reply since it has to be mod approved now:
http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/4/1009067/ShowThread.aspx

No there was nothing to be bought with the shopping cart there were no options to purchase I did have examples up but nothing for purchase I was not releasing the full game yet as it was still not ready to be released.

You really have very invalid points and all the reality of the situation is against your claims. I went as far as to make a new website to remove the shopping carts because that made it look like things would be sold. Things were not being sold.

Also this is not restricting the trial
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=10423

That's quite the restriction, you know posting it out in the open for every person and their mother to download.

Huge restrictions on who could download that trial.

The full version was restricted to being only accessible to me, only me, while I was still deep in on working on it. This is to prevent others from trying to steal ideas from the early stages.

[This message has been edited by Berriesonhills (edited 10-07-2013 @ 08:15 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 08:17 AM ET (US)     10 / 29  
My points still remain valid, since you fail to clear them in your comment.

So far you've only said trial is free. That is not what I meant.

On your previous visit to heavengames you made it quite plain that to be able to play your mod, you had to buy an account. My question is simple, has this changed or not and if it has how's the new situation.

Answer that correctly and you will see that the community will forgive you and show a better attitude towards you.

Btw, ahmed1997 looks to be a smurf account, not unlike what've seen in the past. Is that user in any way related to you?

[This message has been edited by Thompsoncs (edited 10-07-2013 @ 08:20 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 08:44 AM ET (US)     11 / 29  
Please stop referring to me as malicious, it is just confirming the reason you got banned.
Well they just stopped my reply since it has to be mod approved now
It does that on AgeComm sometimes. It's automatic when you start posting lots of links and stuff. That is why I kept posting "editing in content later" and then going back and editing my response in. It gets around the filter.
No there was nothing to be bought with the shopping cart there were no options to purchase I did have examples up but nothing for purchase I was not releasing the full game yet as it was still not ready to be released.
We've been down that road already on the AgeCommunity thread. You had a trial up for download already back then, and you had stated a clear intention to charge for the mod.
Also this is not restricting the trial
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=10423
Ok, thanks for putting that up, now we know that ahmed1997 is yet another one of your smurf accounts.
So far you've only said trial is free. That is not what I meant.

On your previous visit to heavengames you made it quite plain that to be able to play your mod, you had to buy an account. My question is simple, has this changed or not and if it has how's the new situation.

Answer that correctly and you will see that the community will forgive you and show a better attitude towards you.
I concur. Could not have said it better myself.
Btw, ahmed1997 looks to be a smurf account, not unlike what've seen in the past. Is that user in any way related to you?
Yes, ahmed1997 is a confirmed smurf as far as I know. However he doesn't seem to be listed as one in the Layz ban thread under moderation announcements for some reason. So Layz now has 5 confirmed accounts lol.

[This message has been edited by anterior2 (edited 10-07-2013 @ 08:49 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 08:49 AM ET (US)     12 / 29  
I already stated my opinion about all this here.

He is basically releasing some limited alpha version (which won't be supported) for free (everyone can download it), but advertising a vastly improved (and supported) beta version if you pay for membership. This means he is selling it, but provides a trial version for free. The semantics means nothing (it doesn't matter how it's achieved).

As I already said, I really hope Berriesonhills will change his mind about all this and release it for free. Donations and site adverts are enough.

@anterior2: There is no sense in continuing to attack him in multiple threads. You already made your point, so please stop. The situation is obvious enough.

UPatch HD - the unofficial (HD) patch for Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome - HD resolution, HD quality interface graphics, hundreds of bug fixes, new gameplay options and many other enhancements.
--- Download here (version 1.1 Release 3).
--- For more information visit the site.

[This message has been edited by aoe_scout (edited 10-07-2013 @ 08:53 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 08:55 AM ET (US)     13 / 29  
Wow, I didn't even know that other thread existed lol!
He is basically releasing some limited alpha version (which won't be supported) for free (everyone can download it), but advertising a vastly improved (and supported) beta version if you pay for membership. This means he is selling it, but provides a trial version for free.
Sad.

[This message has been edited by anterior2 (edited 10-07-2013 @ 08:55 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 08:57 AM ET (US)     14 / 29  
That alpha version for download is currently the most up to date full game aside from this patch I am putting together today which add news units and stuff.

Anterior is trying to make the point that I was selling it before it was even released. I couldn't sell it then it wasn't even a possibility back then. and I am not selling it now.

The cd that you get rewarded for from donations? That comes with the same installer that you download right now. This download was released october 5th 2013. Not a year ago, the game was not released in 2012 and had no intentions of leaving my hard drive. two days ago and I still didn't want it to leave my hard drive then.

[This message has been edited by Berriesonhills (edited 10-07-2013 @ 09:04 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 09:04 AM ET (US)     15 / 29  
AoE_Scout where on the website does it say he is still selling the full version? I actually could not find it.
Anterior is trying to make the point that I was selling it before it was even released. I couldn't sell it then it wasn't possible and I am not selling it now.
I saying "he is charging for it" in the same way people often say "omg Game Dev X is charging for the new DLC!" (when the DLC is not yet out).

It is about grammar really. "He is charging for it" can apply to either something that is out and requiring payment AS WELL AS something that is yet to be released but will require payment.
The cd that you get rewarded for from donations? That comes with the same installer that you download right now. This download was released october 5th 2013. Not a year ago, the game was not released in 2012 and had no intentions of leaving my hard drive. two days ago and I still didn't want it to leave my hard drive then.
You released the trial a year ago.

[This message has been edited by anterior2 (edited 10-07-2013 @ 09:09 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 09:05 AM ET (US)     16 / 29  
No you are telling people I got banned from here for selling it.

That is the point you were trying to make and that point is completely invalid. It wasn't even going to leave my hard drive unless it was going to microsoft in 2012.

[This message has been edited by Berriesonhills (edited 10-07-2013 @ 09:06 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 09:08 AM ET (US)     17 / 29  
No you are telling people I got banned form here for selling it.

That is the point you were trying to make and that point is completey invalid.
You just accused me of insinuating that you took payment before the release. I then rebutted that. Now you claim that was not what you were accusing me of originally???

Wow. Just wow.

Also, your ultimate ban may be been for spamming, but selling the mod certainly contributed to it.

posted 10-07-13 09:11 AM ET (US)     18 / 29  
The mod had absolutely nothing to do with the ban you arguing with me and provoking me did though. Just like you come in here and post big warning signs on every forums possible in hopes that I will flame you and get banned again.

The ban was driven by me arguing with you and phatphish, and then him saying that's it you got multiple names so I will ban you.

If the mod had anything to do with the ban I would've got banned when i posted the mod.

The only reason the game had anything to do with the ban was because of you and your nonsense wanting to argue about the game.

[This message has been edited by Berriesonhills (edited 10-07-2013 @ 09:12 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 09:12 AM ET (US)     19 / 29  
That alpha version for download is currently the most up to date full game aside from this patch I am putting together today which add news units and stuff.
Then remove the text explaining that you need a paid membership for the future improved versions (except for minor updates for alpha). Otherwise you may trick someone to pay now!! And state it clearly that you will release all versions (alpha\beta) for free - no tricks with alpha\trial versions. This way you will be cleared of all changes.

UPatch HD - the unofficial (HD) patch for Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome - HD resolution, HD quality interface graphics, hundreds of bug fixes, new gameplay options and many other enhancements.

[This message has been edited by aoe_scout (edited 10-07-2013 @ 09:17 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 09:13 AM ET (US)     20 / 29  
there is no paid memberships. you can get what I've already done for free.

whether you want to donate or not to support the idea that's your choice. I don't have to give anything for donations, however I can reward you with an account if I want to, I could also send you an apple for a donation if I really wanted to. And a fruit has nothing to do with aom.

[This message has been edited by Berriesonhills (edited 10-07-2013 @ 09:15 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 09:16 AM ET (US)     21 / 29  
The mod had absolutely nothing to do with the ban you arguing with me and provoking me did though. Just like you come in here and post big warning signs on every forums possible in hopes that I will flame you and get banned again.
Actually I never wanted you to reply. You were always going to be banned anyway for ban evasion.
Then remove the text explaining that you need a paid membership for the future improved versions (except for minor updates for alpha). Otherwise you may trick someone to pay. And state it clearly that you will release all versions (alpha\beta) for free - no tricks with alpha\trial versions. This way you will be cleared of all changes.
Scout can you please link the text I cannot find it!

Anyway, this will be my last post for the day. No doubt Layz will post something below this accusing me of being a "9/11 conspiracy theorist" and a "nutjob" again (yes, those are quotes from him in another thread). However I will not respond until tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by anterior2 (edited 10-07-2013 @ 09:17 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 09:21 AM ET (US)     22 / 29  
I think i said you are worse than a conspiracy theorist because they actually have a little validity in their claims.
Please stop telling me to use common sense when you are the one who insisted you were not charging for the mod just because it was technically a payment for an account needed to play it. You were doing more than theory crafting, and got banned for it. END OF STORY.

....actually, not quite yet. I am going to upload those thread highligh screenshots.
That's a quote. from you. on the aoe community forums. This says you either are not in tact with reality or you are being malicious.

[This message has been edited by Berriesonhills (edited 10-07-2013 @ 09:22 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 09:37 AM ET (US)     23 / 29  

It's on main site - Home.

You evaded the question. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these:
1. As we can see your site clearly states that there will be a vastly improved version for members and non-member version will receive only minor updates.
2. OK, there is no such version right now, it's only planned.
3. Then below we have the button "Click here to become a member" - you click and you see the prices - paid membership, right?
4. Those links are clickable and lead to PayPal account!
5. So you are selling membership RIGHT NOW, promising everyone that it will be worthed.
6. The words "Donate to support" or any other words on this page change nothing, because people are promised (in 1.) that they will get a much better version only if they pay for membership!

If you don't remove this, then you clearly try to trick people into paying even now! Age of Mythology is copyrighted by Microsoft, so this is illegal!

[This message has been edited by aoe_scout (edited 10-07-2013 @ 09:47 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 09:50 AM ET (US)     24 / 29  
It's different than that.

As of right now you are sending a donation.

There is packages you are rewarded for for meeting certain thresholds with donations.

I am not promising them any software.

I am rewarding them an account for access where automated tournaments will be at and the members forum.

I don't really see anything tricky about it.

[This message has been edited by Berriesonhills (edited 10-07-2013 @ 09:52 AM).]

posted 10-07-13 09:53 AM ET (US)     25 / 29  
Then why it is shown when I click on "Click to become a member"?? I want to be member to get the better version when it's released (otherwise I can't get it) and I click there -> I have to pay. It's still 100% hoax!
Will there be free membership? No, right?

You are promising them on the Home page (non-members will have only minor update, members big new version) - everyone can read it.

[This message has been edited by aoe_scout (edited 10-07-2013 @ 09:58 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » WARNING Thronesoftime is back
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames