General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: useful game tools - available via signature link
posted 11-03-08 09:55 AM EDT (US)   
All are ESO compatible:

*unit upgrades modpack (ie. zamburak look darker so more distinguishable from sowar)
*enhanced user interface (ie. queued pop moved under unit stats so takes up less of main screen)
*enhanced text tools - It provides more accurate details than the advanced improvement in game options and advanced unit info; which you may unselect. Important messages are color coded. Team home shipment messages are in green. Map and civilization descriptions are clearer. Initial gather rates are shown for units and buildings. Recharge times for special abilities are included.
*enhanced random maps - What it does is include a picture of the typical minimap on the map loading screen and the game hosting screen.
*technology tree - something ES had in previous age of... games but I designed my own for age3 series. This is the online civilization chart about units and technologies you can view inside the game
*intro enhancement - What it does is remove the introductory movie to game, gets rid of boxed pause window so only text is displayed and limits particles on screen to help reduce lag.
*enhanced hotkey editor - includes more hotkeys than the default, such as sending a flare, patrol or ransom explorer
Replies:
posted 11-03-08 03:39 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
Are they updaded? Because I already have the unit upgrades.

[This message has been edited by Dopplesaurus (edited 11-03-2008 @ 03:39 PM).]

posted 11-03-08 09:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
The last update I did was exactly 4 months ago:

July 3, 2008
Tomahawk has whiter headband appearance and
Aenna has black tunic with white spots so easier
to discern the two.

July 2, 2008
Zamburak camels look darker than Sowar so somewhat like
Gurkha outfits looking darker than Sepoy

May 2008
compatible with all 3 versions of age 3
posted 11-03-08 10:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
u still haven't gotten a reply on agecommunity.com :P

AGE OF EMPIRES 3 USERNAME - KevTheGreat :::: DAWN OF WAR 2 USERNAME - KEVTHEGREATEST :::: STEAM USERNAME - 何健龍
Some of my aoe3 scenarios here,
Most Popular: The Race 2 4.7/5.0 Global Wars 4.4/5.0 The Great Colosseum 4.6/5.0 Arab Desert 4V2 3.9/5.0 The Race 4.2/5 Fort of War 3.9/5.0
don't click this?
Follow me on Twitter
我知廣東話, 你知唔知廣東話?? 如果你知 contact me !!

[This message has been edited by KevTheGreat (edited 11-03-2008 @ 10:02 PM).]

posted 11-03-08 10:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
if you can make them mac compatible that would be great
posted 11-04-08 09:26 AM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
cholesterol, if you can take a snapshot / directory of files in game's data folder, it may give me a starting point for macintosh to look at
posted 11-04-08 02:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
very nice xentielian, i'll try to dowload the unit art thing mod later

Sowar/Zamb combo always confuses me, lol.
posted 11-04-08 02:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
wow this woud be avsome if i coud get it working^^ only prob it dosent!

thats all
MadeZ

ps. my first langues is danish
posted 11-04-08 06:46 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
Man, the technology and unit info tree on your webside must have been a hell of work. :S

you poor guy ^^

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «
posted 11-05-08 00:05 AM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
I do not even want to take a guess at how many hours I put into the tech tree mod. It was a nice feature that ES missed from past games though and I felt it just had to be there.
posted 11-05-08 00:47 AM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
I'd use your UI, but, its not transparent

I might download and test it later.

[This message has been edited by James246 (edited 11-05-2008 @ 00:48 AM).]

posted 11-05-08 10:00 AM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
i dont like the musks and skirms new look(in imp age)

ESO Name: Dabottle
Clan: TSR (The Soul Reapers)
Civs: Britain, China, France and Sioux
Check out my-->Guide to China (Will update soon)
ROFL
posted 11-07-08 02:04 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
Sorry xentelian, but http://members.shaw.ca/markstrawson's redirection site http://70.72.80.26/index.phpdoes not work. My browser says it doesnt exist. Any idea ?
posted 11-07-08 11:43 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
I got a new modem today (and with it new ip address)
redirect from signature link should direct properly to http://96.51.149.46/index.phpnow
posted 11-08-08 06:08 AM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
Welcome to the forums, Hansebenger!

Nice tools, xentilian. That patrol hotkey seems to be particularly useful.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match
posted 11-08-08 11:11 AM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
I do wish ES would have kept ALL hotkeys in user.con file like they did with AOM/AOT so a user could just copy new ones into it rather than having defaultkeymap* files (default), newprofile*(key mappings user edited from default), and user.con(stuff not in defaultkeymap we felt like adding).
I have the default set up keys so a letter finds a building or unit, shift-letter builds and ctrl-letter builds 5 of, so many users might want something else for their keys, but at least it serves a good example.

Ekanta also has a hotkey editor he created at www.geocities.com/ek4nt4if people want another choice of a hotkey editor.

Thanks for praise folks.
posted 11-08-08 09:21 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
Just a question, but, how can I make my own UI?
posted 11-10-08 09:21 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
I cannot really explain how to do it, but I will say this:

You will need ykkrosh's editor (also on my site) to extract bar files with the archive program, particularly the data*.bar files which are in c:\program files\microsoft games\age of empires 3\data

This will give you uimainnew.xmlxmb and several other files you cannot directly open. You use his file converter program to convert these simply to .xml (which you can edit using windows notepad)

Make the changes you want to said file, make sure it is in same subfolder (in this case data) and use file converter to make an .xmlxmb file out of it as well.

The way the game works is it will use these files instead of the ones compressed in .bar if they exist in that subfolder.

You may use a program like CompareIt! to compare .xml files, such as your original one, yours and the ones I made to see the differences. For example, size=# # # # is the x and y coordinates on the screen where something appears. gadgetreal turns that gadget on, gadgetunreal turns it off, etc

There are too many things to go over and I spent a lot of time since AOM/AOT working on this stuff but this should give you a push in the right direction.
posted 11-11-08 01:07 AM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
Ok, thanks!

Sounds too confusing. I'll just stick to Qaz's UI.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » useful game tools - available via signature link
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames