Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Screenshot Competition - Round Three
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 04-19-06 02:36 PM EDT (US)   

Welcome to the official Age of Empires III Heaven screenshot contest!

Here at AoE3H we have decided to take advantage of the current screenshot activity by hosting regular bi-weekly screenshot competitions. Every two weeks a theme for the screenshots will be posted, and you will have two weeks to enter a screenshot for that theme. After two weeks have passed, the entries will be voted on by forummers and staff. The top four screenshots will be entered into a new screenshot gallery section here at AoE3H, and the winning screenshots will be shown as a news item on the front page. Then a new round will begin with a new, different theme.

Current Theme: “A Jungle Expedition” – depict an expedition deep into a rainforest or jungle.
Submission Deadline: Friday 28th April, 23:59 forum time
Voting Begins – Ends: Saturday 29th April, 00:00 forum time to Monday 2nd May, 23:59 forum time

Rules

• Each participant can only enter one screenshot per round; you cannot enter two different screenshots.

• IMPORTANT: When submitting your screenshot, you can only do so once. This means you cannot submit a screenshot then replace it with a newer version by editing a post or by making a new post. This makes the competition more transparent and it is easier for us to collate the screenshots at the end. Remember that I can see edited posts. If you wish to get criticism of your screenshot before you enter it, you can use Reinfire's eye candy thread.
  • The screenshots must conform to the theme.

• Each submission should be posted in this thread or emailed to matherl8008[at]gmail[dot]com or stonewall_34[at]hotmail[dot]com. A good hosting website is www.imageshack.us. Please include a title for your submission, and your forum name if submitting using email.

• Submissions can be entered at any time during the submission period.

• The screenshots should be made using the editor.
  • No graphical or texture mods are allowed, although unit mods such as the unlockable Home City buildings or units are acceptable. Use of the unlocked camera mod and Reyks editor is allowed, and is encouraged.

• Use of Photoshop, Fireworks or other image-editing programs is prohibited, except for cropping screenshots.
  • You cannot vote for your own screenshot.

• I'd prefer entries in JPEG form, as it reduces suspicion about people using image-editing software and makes the file size more manageable.
  • New Organization for Round Three: For this round we will attempt to even up the problems with the varying quality of the graphics cards used to create the screenshots. This is not at all to say that the previous winners were undeserving of their place in the gallery, quite the contrary, but to avoid problems in the future we are having the following arrangement for this round:
    • We will have two categories for this round, high quality graphics and low quality graphics. Instead of voting for your top three screenshots, you will now vote for the top two screenshots from each category. The two winning screenshots will get equal billing on the newspost and will for all intents and purposes be considered joint winners, and all four screenshots will go into the gallery.
    • Submissions will be entered as normal. Once the deadline has passed, me and Stonewall will collate the screenshots and sort them into two equal(ish) sized categories. This will be at our discretion, so if you feel that we have placed your entry into the wrong category, sorry; this is the only way to make this fair.
    • All other rules apply as normal.
    • This arrangement will be evaluated after this round to see if it is worth continuing or needs fixing.

Voting

Voting will begin when the deadline for submissions passes. When voting, post in this thread with your top two submissions from each category, i.e. “[High GFX]: 1st – Qazitory, 2nd – NAT. [Low GFX]: 1st – Kor, 2nd - Flammifer”. You cannot vote for your own submission. A submission will be awarded two points for being someones first pick, and one point for being someones second choice. Anyone can vote, regardless of whether you have submitted a screenshot or not, and voting will last for a four day period, posted above.

Hall of Fame

Most Wins: Swift Sampson

Round One: "A Last Stand" - 1st Swift Sampson, =2nd sziggi, =2nd twoqtimes2
Round Two: "Life At Sea" - 1st Swift Sampson, 2nd YousAHo, 3rd sziggi

[This message has been edited by Luke M (edited 04-19-2006 @ 02:46 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-19-06 02:42 PM EDT (US)     1 / 137  
New Theme: "A Jungle Expedition" – depict an expedition deep into a rainforest or jungle.

I'd suggest you re-read the rules for this round; there is a lot of new stuff up there and I'd hate for anyone to miss out for not reading the rules correctly. Also take note that we are clamping down on people editing posts for this round.

The main changes for this round are (quoted from the title post):

New Organization for Round Three: For this round we will attempt to even up the problems with the varying quality of the graphics cards used to create the screenshots. This is not at all to say that the previous winners were undeserving of their place in the gallery, quite the contrary, but to avoid problems in the future we are having the following arrangement for this round:
  • We will have two categories for this round, high quality graphics and low quality graphics. Instead of voting for your top three screenshots, you will now vote for the top two screenshots from each category. The two winning screenshots will get equal billing on the newspost and will for all intents and purposes be considered joint winners, and all four screenshots will go into the gallery.
  • Submissions will be entered as normal. Once the deadline has passed, me and Stonewall will collate the screenshots and sort them into two equal(ish) sized categories. This will be at our discretion, so if you feel that we have placed your entry into the wrong category, sorry; this is the only way to make this fair.
  • All other rules apply as normal.
  • This arrangement will be evaluated after this round to see if it is worth continuing or needs fixing.

Voting

Voting will begin when the deadline for submissions passes. When voting, post in this thread with your top two submissions from each category, i.e. “[High GFX]: 1st – Qazitory, 2nd – NAT. [Low GFX]: 1st – Kor, 2nd - Flammifer”. You cannot vote for your own submission. A submission will be awarded two points for being someones first pick, and one point for being someones second choice. Anyone can vote, regardless of whether you have submitted a screenshot or not, and voting will last for a four day period, posted above.

I'll re-clarify the voting arrangements again when the voting period begins. There'll also be some new expanded voting guidelines to aid the voting process.

Have fun and happy designing!

[This message has been edited by Luke M (edited 04-19-2006 @ 02:48 PM).]

posted 04-19-06 02:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 137  
I'll try to make this one

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
posted 04-19-06 02:55 PM EDT (US)     3 / 137  
Ha, I like the new emotion by swift's name HG should make more emos like that.

Good luck everyone! I might have a go...
though I doubt it :P

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 04-19-06 02:58 PM EDT (US)     4 / 137  
Yep, you should both enter.

We've also changed the deadline for this week due to the delay in starting this round; it is now Friday the 28th.

Oh, and if anyone has any questions, now is the time to ask.

[This message has been edited by Luke M (edited 04-19-2006 @ 03:03 PM).]

posted 04-19-06 03:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 137  
Levi Strauss searching inspiration for jeans
This is "Where's Wally", So here's the goals you have to achive:
Find 3 hidden things in the jungle that doesn't belong there. (Hard)
Find another white man. (Ultra Hard)
Find the natives Levi Strauss is speaking with's home. (Easy)

Good luck

Rain is coming down
posted 04-19-06 04:28 PM EDT (US)     6 / 137  
I think I'll enter this one.
posted 04-19-06 05:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 137  
Guardian, use your God-like eyecandy creation powers this time, instead of your JA screenshots.

Visit The EyeCandy Guild!
« « Co-Founder & Co-Leader » »
ForumTeam
retired
posted 04-19-06 05:18 PM EDT (US)     8 / 137  

Quote:

I think I'll enter this one.

LOL, I've heard that twice now...maybe the third time is the charm
posted 04-19-06 05:54 PM EDT (US)     9 / 137  
This is a good topic to make a screen for. I also like the change of rules, I sorta figured that they would do four shots...anyway Im on vacation so hopefully I will get some inspiration here ....

---The pen is mightier-------/\Check out the Eye-Candy Guild
---than the sword...---------)( ______________________
-------------------(0)///////(**)______________________>
-------------------------------)(
-----...in fairy tales.----------\/
posted 04-19-06 06:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 137  
Cool theme, gonna start on this soon!

Reverie World Studios
.:°.- Swift Sampson - .°:.
My custom AoM-TT Menu Backround
Member of Liquid Fire Studios | My AoM / AoE3 Eyecandy Screens | The Rise of Zeus
posted 04-19-06 06:45 PM EDT (US)     11 / 137  
This should be a good one.
posted 04-19-06 09:03 PM EDT (US)     12 / 137  
how do i know what category my gfx fall into? I kinda thought 3 categories would be better...... I have high shaders, reflections and full shadows, so i don't think it would be right to be with low gfx, but i shouldnt be put with the very high shader/bloom effect crowd either...
that said, i do appreciate your effort to level the playing field a bit.

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache

[This message has been edited by Shaw DA MAN (edited 04-19-2006 @ 09:37 PM).]

posted 04-19-06 09:16 PM EDT (US)     13 / 137  
wait, could someone tell me if this contest is still open? If so, it's time for the AoM Master of the divine (translation: cheap e-bay remarked) eyecandy arts to enter; me ...

SANDRO THE WICKE
/\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
{|What Is Wisdom Not But What We Make It To Be|}...
TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3|Best Eyecandy Shots|Shot 4 Shot 5 Shot 6
posted 04-19-06 09:29 PM EDT (US)     14 / 137  
Hmmm. almost done already (I like it) still needs the fine details added though, i figure i'd do it early rather than wait till the night before, kind of like what i do with reports.
posted 04-19-06 09:51 PM EDT (US)     15 / 137  
Nah I'll definately enter ths one. Maybe even make it to top 3=). I wonder...
posted 04-19-06 10:12 PM EDT (US)     16 / 137  

Quote:

Maybe even make it to top 3=).

Good luck...after all its only the top 2 :P I think I got my subject set... hopefully I will have a better chance w/ the split competition...

---The pen is mightier-------/\Check out the Eye-Candy Guild
---than the sword...---------)( ______________________
-------------------(0)///////(**)______________________>
-------------------------------)(
-----...in fairy tales.----------\/
posted 04-19-06 10:54 PM EDT (US)     17 / 137  
Well, there will be four winners this time. It'll be a bit mroe complicated, still not quite sure how this will turn out.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
posted 04-20-06 09:06 AM EDT (US)     18 / 137  
Hmm i think ill try this time. And use my superpowers to be number one.
posted 04-20-06 11:47 AM EDT (US)     19 / 137  
First submission LOL

A treacherous expedition: river crossing:

edit :nevrmind

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache

[This message has been edited by Shaw DA MAN (edited 04-22-2006 @ 10:35 PM).]

posted 04-20-06 12:11 PM EDT (US)     20 / 137  
Nice shot Shaw.
Though i also think that my shot is pretty good

Quoted from Shaw DA MAN:

First submission LOL

YOU CHEATER.
Have you actually readen page 1?
Probably not.
You're only number 2, loser (j/k)

Rain is coming down

[This message has been edited by Poisonium (edited 04-20-2006 @ 12:14 PM).]

posted 04-20-06 12:15 PM EDT (US)     21 / 137  
I\'ll submit this one:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e287/aomdwieeb/AOE3/Eyecandy/467846ba.jpg

The Native Way

No I won\'t. It has to be a jungle...bah hum bug

Ha ha ha, nvm about all that

[This message has been edited by DWIEEB (edited 04-21-2006 @ 11:10 AM).]

posted 04-20-06 01:03 PM EDT (US)     22 / 137  
Nice Shaw!
posted 04-20-06 01:27 PM EDT (US)     23 / 137  
Here's my one

Indian Village

posted 04-20-06 02:23 PM EDT (US)     24 / 137  
edit: see my last post

(and i thought jungle was the theme? Didnt see any jungles yet, unless a normal forrest is a jungle too.)

[This message has been edited by Shizzle (edited 04-20-2006 @ 04:46 PM).]

posted 04-20-06 03:06 PM EDT (US)     25 / 137  

Quoted from Shizzle:

(and i thought jungle was the theme? Didnt see any jungles yet, unless a normal forrest is a jungle too.)

This picture is jungle:

Quoted from Poisonium:

Levi Strauss searching inspiration for jeans
This is "Where's Wally", So here's the goals you have to achive:
Find 3 hidden things in the jungle that doesn't belong there. (Hard)
Find another white man. (Ultra Hard)
Find the natives Levi Strauss is speaking with's home. (Easy)

Good luck

Has anyone noticed my shot at all?

Great shot DWIEEB, though those cgraphics looks like something from Star Wars

I would've liked your shot if it was a little "sharper", Olauwers, for some reason it hurts the eyes. But except that, it's fine.

And Shizzle, what 'bout using a pitch editor. Nice use of fluffy, by the way.

My shot:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Poisonium/screen102.jpg

Rain is coming down

[This message has been edited by Poisonium (edited 04-20-2006 @ 03:07 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Screenshot Competition - Round Three
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames