Scenario Design
Moderated by Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Move to Self in Area Effect - Solution to Autogrouping Units
posted 01-22-07 07:39 PM EDT (US)   
Move to Self in Area Effect

This effect has all units in an area move to itself and in result, stopping. The effect has little purpose in AOM, but in the world of AOE3 design, units will automatically group when first created and has been one of many nuisances in designing. Now the problem is solved.

Note: The effect will not stop a unit quick enough to use Teleport. For that, simply convert a unit to another player and back - which will stop the unit instantly and allow Teleport in the same trigger. For area use, download Convert Units in Area.

Unit Type ID - Number that is the id of the protounit or class (AbstractInfantry, Building...) you want. IT IS RECOMMENDED YOU DEFINE THIS. Otherwise the trigger will blindly loop through every unit type in the game, not knowing what to look for specifically (even if you want ALL unit types, use the CLASS ID for "All"). DOWNLOAD THE ID VIEWER EFFECT TO FIND ANY ID YOU WANT. Not defining works but it uses a LOT of memory - if you do use it, do NOT loop without a condition.

From... - Define a single player to convert from or have it convert from ALL players (not including the player being converted to obviously).

Download Move to Self in Area Effect

Offtopic: At the moment, it seems like the AOE3 editor actually stands a chance against the AOM version ^_^ (besides the Multiplayer issue course...) There are only a few triggers left that are needed: ex. a fully-functional Modify Protounit.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 01-22-2007 @ 07:41 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-22-07 10:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
pftq, if within all your great work, you could solve the Chat Contains condition, I know that many more than I would bow down in reverence
posted 01-22-07 10:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
What's broken? Though I doubt I can do much about it - that trigger's command would be broken I think... commands are hardcoded.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 01-22-2007 @ 10:57 PM).]

posted 01-23-07 06:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
It's a condition. It doesn't work, it shuts down all other triggers.

[This message has been edited by Mr_Native (edited 01-23-2007 @ 06:40 PM).]

posted 01-23-07 09:27 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
GREAT, Just what I need, NOT!!!!!!

My Scenario list:
The Battle Of Bighorn Lake - Coming soon.....
War in the village - Coming soon
The Great Fort Wars 1,2,3,4 - OUT NOW!!!!!
Warchief Wars - Coming soon.....
The War For Australia: Version 2 - Coming soon
posted 01-23-07 10:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Is Autogrouping the same as the "Auto formation" annoyance?

I downloaded "The Last Scenario" cinematics, and saw one of the custom effects named "AUTO formation off". I did a search, and found this:

<Effect name="AUTO Formations OFF">      
<Command>config("-RegroupUnits");</Command> </Effect>

<Effect name="AUTO Formations ON">
<Command>config("+RegroupUnits");</Command>
</Effect>

(and create a looping trigger, so it still works if you save/load the game)

[This message has been edited by Alexandergreat3 (edited 01-23-2007 @ 10:30 PM).]

posted 01-23-07 11:41 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
posted 01-24-07 01:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
Oh, I see.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Move to Self in Area Effect - Solution to Autogrouping Units
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames