You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Home City Editor Not Available?
posted 10-26-07 04:42 PM EDT (US)   
I have searched the this Forum and other Fora for an answer to this with problem with no luck.

After much frustration I have found that the Home City Editor isn’t available in TWC, is this just me or, is it an available in the Sceanario Editor in TWC ,and I don’t know how to call it up?

I have tried the following:
1. Have reinstalled both AOE3 and TWC. After updating the game to 1.04 the Home City Editor is available in AOE3 but not TWC.
2. After updating to 1.12 the Home City Editor is still available in AOE3, and not available in TWC.
3. After installing reyk’s AOE Editor 2, the Home City Editor isn’t available in either AOE3 or TWC.
Replies:
posted 10-26-07 04:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
yeh, i found reyk's stops you from using the home city editor, i hope he fixes that sometime.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
posted 10-27-07 08:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
Have you tried installing the new editor2 expansion patch?..It might help?.It is found in the downloads/misc files section.
posted 10-28-07 08:03 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
i have, i didn't help. the homecity editor is still gone.
posted 10-28-07 08:22 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
Is this the H.C.editor in-game..Or..The on-line scenario H.C. editor?.The home city editor for in-game, works just fine here?
posted 10-28-07 10:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
I have tried everything including the new editor2 expansion patch to reyk’s AOE editor 2, in every case the Home City Editor is not available in TWC, even after a clean installation of both AOE3 and TWC, the Home city editor is not available.
posted 10-28-07 10:42 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
the tab at the bottom of the scenario menu, that HC editor.
posted 10-28-07 11:17 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
Sorry.. For seeming a little thick about this issue..Can you give me a sequence of events to how you arrive at this tab?.Starting from main screen..It would help me understand what you're referring to..The manage home city tab..Is through the single player / skirmish tab.. You can change / make / delete home cities.. Also there's a customize Tab??These are what I thought you are referring to..Sorry..My error!.I'm asking again..Is this the H.C.editor for C.S.O.? The last patch added this..If you installed the new editor2 over the patched games.. The editor2 installs it's files over the patches and some data will get changed..You can always try to install the editor2 first..Then the editor2 expansion patch..Then the new patches..If this doesn't help..The best thing I can suggest is a clean un-install of everything..This time do not install reyks editor2..The game.exe (E.S. keeps changing it with each expansion) Is the major problem that causes reyks editor2 to malfunction..There is no way to fix this..E.S. only knows the codes..If there's anyone else, they aren't sharing their findings at the present.
Regards

[This message has been edited by kjnn (edited 10-28-2007 @ 01:38 PM).]

posted 10-28-07 05:25 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
if you look at this picture then below the 'Forbidden units/techs' menu there should be a homecity editor.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
posted 10-28-07 07:08 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
I see what you mean now..I always assumed the wiki illustrations were made from a vanilla editor?.I saw no homecity editor in there..(Not sure on that one)..I checked out my editor and there's nothing there either..I've been using Reyk's editor2 for so long now..To be honest..I never noticed this until now..Did either of you guys try to install reyks editor2 right after installing the vanilla version only?.knowing this could narrow down the searching in the various data.bar files for differences..
Regards!
posted 10-28-07 07:47 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
the editor was only added after 1.04 so since reyks editor and your expansion are out of date, you should update your patch so that the homecity editor is useable in it.
posted 10-28-07 09:30 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
Well I fixed the problem, finally. My problem was even after uninstalling both AOEIII and TWC and reinstalling both, I couldn’t get the Home City editor to appear in TWC, it was available in AOE III, but not TWC.

After installing reyk’s AOE Editor 2 in the new installation the Home City Editor wasn’t available in either AOE III or TWC. Installing the New Editor2 Expansion patch didn’t help.

What I did to fix was to completely uninstall AOE III and TWC, i.e., remove the all files completely, I even cleaned up the registry (probably not necessary) because I wanted a complete pristine install.

I have reinstall AOE III and TWC and the Home City Editor available in both (have updated both to v1.12 and v1.04).

The only thing I can think of is there was some other Mod of Misc. file that I have added in the past that interfered with the Home City Editor even after uninstalling reyk’s AOE Editor 2.

I hope that reyk finds a fix, though he will probably wait until TAD is out to insure that it works in both TWC and TAD.
posted 10-29-07 03:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
Great to see you've solved it..We're all hoping that someday soon somebody will design the new editor3..Until then.. We'll just have to make do, and be greatfull for what we do have.
Regards

[This message has been edited by kjnn (edited 10-29-2007 @ 04:35 PM).]

posted 10-30-07 12:12 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
kjn where are the editor files? and how would i go about editing them?
posted 10-30-07 04:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
Most of the files are installed into the data..(AOE3 vanilla)..If memory serves me,There are six - eight files..The uimainnew is the biggy..There, is most likely where you'll need to place the data for your h.c.editor..So it shows in the editor2 ..You'll need to search the data.bar for(vanilla)..Before you install the editor2..When you locate..Copy/paste the data into the corresponding file..After you do all this..You'll find..The editor2 works with only vanilla..You'll need to copy all data and typetest(New triggers) entries into corresponding files for warchiefs..Then it will work for warchiefs only..The only way to get both to work is remove the UImainnew.xml.xmb..(It's a vicious circle)..It is explained in our mod in downloads/misc files..The game .exe is the culprit here..The only party that could fix is E.S...You already know how they feel about third party mods..
Regards

[This message has been edited by kjnn (edited 10-30-2007 @ 05:08 PM).]

posted 10-30-07 06:45 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
ok thanks for that
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Home City Editor Not Available?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames