« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 06-05-07 11:47 AM EDT (US)   
http://www.cgesports.com/game/aoe3/

Hope you enjoy.

[img]http://www.aoe3-arena.com/sign2/WaCkO,3,0.png[/img]
Replies:
posted 06-05-07 12:16 PM EDT (US)     1 / 36  
Yay
Here it is, Micky's proably gonna cream.
This is a more direct link.

"The better at AoE, the worse at RL" - Doppel
After someone suggesting to make a meatshield to fight off petards..."Where can I find this meatshield? Is it in the TC?" - Sjalle

"That last comment has earned you a ban Musk" - Solus
On realising I was on a 2nd account:"Quinarvy ehhh" - Solus

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR - VERY GG
Mine and Micky's OPness

[This message has been edited by MusketKing (edited 06-05-2007 @ 12:18 PM).]

posted 06-05-07 12:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 36  
Yay!!

Now I can see really know to do it.

I've pwned a major with this, much more satisfying winning with crap civs.

Thanks Wacko, you're my new favourite expert. It comes at a price though; you gotta answer my noob questions on ESO, so I guess you'd better add me to friends if you havr privacy on, so you don't miss out.

Edit

Damn you musk, I wanted first post.

Edit II

Rats, after reading it, I can see it is no different to the one I concocted after my game with you Wacko, apart from the 1000f card. I was wondering about this, since I needed food bad, but 1000w saves you a lot of vill seconds and you can get mill if need be. I'll stick with the 1000f now.
It's best if he rushes, coz you can go fort and spam some vills, then start making military and be prettyy far ahead.

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock

[This message has been edited by micky_t (edited 06-05-2007 @ 12:23 PM).]

posted 06-05-07 12:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 36  
What to do vs this as sioux?

Previously known as MoNo Ager
posted 06-05-07 01:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 36  
Sounds like Gay house without the OP units or Building stats.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 06-05-07 01:37 PM EDT (US)     5 / 36  
Can't wait to try it out, although I havn't been able to play AOEIII for 2 weeks now, as I got exams starting tomorrow, and will only be back on ESO on the 23rd of June, and then I got 3 days in which to get back into the swing of things, AND to organise the sign-ups for the FFA League. I am going 3 days after exams and returning 2 days later, and am then going to Irish College for 3 weeks the morning after...

But I'll make room for it!

Thx Wacko

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008
posted 06-05-07 02:25 PM EDT (US)     6 / 36  
gg, sounds good

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 06-05-07 02:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 36  
If you want you can forward build a blockhouse, build 20 strelets to harass, and age up with the same time and enough resources for another TC upon aging. That's how I play vs. the Dutch players who hide behind Colonial Militia TC's.

*edit* and I didn't direct link the article because I wanted people to see the cool AoE3 stuff they're trying over at CGESA.

[img]http://www.aoe3-arena.com/sign2/WaCkO,3,0.png[/img]

[This message has been edited by L_Clan_Socrates (edited 06-05-2007 @ 02:38 PM).]

posted 06-05-07 03:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 36  
Very nice write up. Newsed!

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
posted 06-05-07 04:08 PM EDT (US)     9 / 36  
Even if it is with an overall up civ, laming sucks big time, kind of ironic how wacko is pretty much endorsing laming.
posted 06-05-07 05:06 PM EDT (US)     10 / 36  
And exactly what part of his strat is laming? If you think turtle=lame then you are playing the wrong game.

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
posted 06-05-07 05:07 PM EDT (US)     11 / 36  
[ Even if it is with an overall up civ, laming sucks big time, kind of ironic how wacko is pretty much endorsing laming.]

I wouldn't say this is lame...just very boring. Russia needs this card, Iroquois doesn't need Great House. Instant build Forts, however, are VERY lame. Good Job WaCkO, a nice BO to a very nice strategy.
posted 06-05-07 05:07 PM EDT (US)     12 / 36  
Looks really good! Thanks for taking the time to share this.
Even if it is with an overall up civ, laming sucks big time, kind of ironic how wacko is pretty much endorsing laming.
I've always understood that something was lame if it requires very little skill to use and is powerful in the extreme (I admit that I don't like the term very much, so I may be slightly misusing it.) I haven't really seen too much evidence that Russia becomes OP with this, and given how much skill it takes to pull it off well, I could never equate it with things like the Agent Rush, German War Wagon spam, etc. But maybe I just use the term differently...

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
posted 06-05-07 05:12 PM EDT (US)     13 / 36  
Great Strategy Wacko,
i was working ina thing VERY similar, but more aimed to FI.
well, you were first
(maybe ill ask you things on ESO, just as micky )
posted 06-05-07 06:58 PM EDT (US)     14 / 36  
this is why i hate playing russia as sioux.

is there ANY way to counter this (assuming both are in age 4)

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
posted 06-05-07 07:22 PM EDT (US)     15 / 36  
Siege dance might work..
posted 06-05-07 07:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 36  
You need to be weary of a potential rush.
That should be "wary" i'm assuming unless a potential rush makes you pretty tired heh.

Well written although it has some holes and is no where close to laming.

First 17 vill age up is rather late now a days considering some of the native strats that can hit your very early in colonial. If you ship 700 gold first before troops, or no units at all, and are waiting to drop some BH until you actually see a FB it is quite easily too late.
If you are allowed a naked FF then all well and good but its probably safer to immediately drop at least 1 bh in colonial to at least give the appearance your either rushing or ready to repel a rush.

Fortress is fine. A basic 3 tc turtle boom. Nothing lame about it either.

I disagree in industrial though. HC are created too slow and die too fast to culverin. Any infantry including muskets MUST be protected by at least a few culverin since threading cossacks through anticav to reach falcs is tough late game. And, while cossacks are pop effective, they are no gendarmes where they do well vs their counters. Anything that is pretty much supposed to counter cossacks will handily.

Ya, i agree that strelets are a bit of a handicap as far as pop goes but boyars + strelet combat + AA upgrades make them quite effective against all other infantry in the game and culverin easily protect them from seige. IMO a late game russia makeup should be diverse based on whats needed but mainly consist of strelets backed by cossacks and culverin and fronted with some muskets as needed.

edit: that is of course unless your facing strong cav in which case its pray he makes a dumb mistake.

[This message has been edited by Osheal (edited 06-05-2007 @ 08:24 PM).]

posted 06-05-07 07:55 PM EDT (US)     17 / 36  
Nice write up

My favorite part for me though, was that there's an ad for a quiz for moms to do

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
posted 06-05-07 08:07 PM EDT (US)     18 / 36  
what do u do vs france as russia wacko?

EDIT:

Read the whole thing, nice strat

I dont really understande you reasoning behind excluding strels in late game. ALL of russia's units are pop inefficient, so not using one due to pop inefficiency is silly IMO.
FU Russian musketeers with fencing school and the church technology come out at a staggering pace
so do strels

_____________________________\||/
______/____\_________________ /...\
______________\_____________(..__..)
______________[[_Crayola_]]>_. \___/
______________/_____.________ -||-
_____'-_______/____._.___._._.___/\

[This message has been edited by SUX2000 (edited 06-05-2007 @ 09:24 PM).]

posted 06-05-07 10:00 PM EDT (US)     19 / 36  
Hmmm was working well for me untill I ran into an Iro player who proceeded to rape me but was higher rank.. and then I ran into a Dutch who also raped me somehow...

Gah Why'd you gotta nerf Russia ES?!

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
posted 06-05-07 11:57 PM EDT (US)     20 / 36  
Yes, the new russian is turtle. If people start playing them right we might not have so many people complaining about them sucking. Though they do need a boost.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
posted 06-06-07 00:13 AM EDT (US)     21 / 36  
Yea, it's working perfectly just except for going against a civ like Dutch or Iro where they're going to massively out boom you no matter what you try to do when you hit fort.

posted 06-06-07 11:58 AM EDT (US)     22 / 36  
Opri raids, maybe? You played against me last night, and I noticed a huge thing in the rec. You didn't ever send a raiding group in after the initial set of 10 strelets. As a result I hit fortress at 9:31, Since I didn't see you attempting to attack me, I built a few settlers waited for the 1000 food shipment to arrive and hit Industrial at 13:59. Your economy and military was better than mine at about the 23rd minute of the game. That was the point where you slaughtered my skirmishers with your cossacks. If you had pushed your advantage then, you may have been able to win. (I only had about 10 halbs a few falcs and a few ruyters. I was fully expecting to be attacked which is why I pulled back.)

I also noticed that you had none of my town explored. Not once did an opri raid hit my settlers on the mills, something that would have finished off my unit production almost indefinitely. (Also... Oprichniks are good at taking out banks and factories, especially when there is no military presence, or even a defensive structure in your opponent's town.)

I managed to regain the advantage when I used 10 Waardgelders and several hussars to tear through your strelets and culverins and it was downhill from there the entire way.

Game Stats:
http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameStats.aspx?loc=en-US&GameID=7f891a10-4002-4584-b46d-395aaa9c6447&sFlag=1&md=ZS_Supremacy

Anyway, I can post the rec here if you don't mind. That being said, I'll agree with you, Dutch will outboom if you don't do anything to stop them (usually, forcing them to send an extra shipment in Age 2 does it). Nothing happened to my econ throughout the entire game, wheras you were forced to keep moving yours around to avoid my military. I think economic distribution had the biggest impact on that game. At one point you had about 5k wood stocked up that wasn't being spent. That is a pretty striking amount to be off imo. (Probably the result of having to move your settlers around in the midst of trying to control a constant battle). I guess that's my take on why you lost to the dutch player who beat you somehow. -Quis_stat

Amazing strat, anyway. Just don't use a lot of strelets if you have to use any at all. I was really quite frightened when I saw those walls going up as fast as they were. And when I had to kill about 6 town centers that were replaced faster than I could destroy them, that was a little disturbing.
posted 06-06-07 01:16 PM EDT (US)     23 / 36  
Yea the thing about that game is I didn't see the Has reached the Industrial Age! Untill you had the musketeers at my base which completely threw me off, I was hoping for a little bit more time to get my vill count up and then start going industrial.

I didn't really have a chance to get an Opri raid going, once I got my forward line established, I ran out of hunts so was messing with my vills and then you attacked with a rather alarmingly large force of skirms ruyters cannons and stadhouders. Yea the wood was stockpiled because I had to keep moving 20 vills off of the mine when you attacked and they gathered the wood extremely fast with all my upgrades on em. By the time I got my plantations built it was too late, I was fighting guard skirm spam with veteran strelets. My original plan was to do a Slow-FI and fort hop but I got pre-occupied and you attacked earlier than I had expected.

Overall I played that game terribly but there is a major flaw with it since Dutch has the capability to heavily out boom Russia.

Oh and I didn't push my attack because my eco was in shambles, I had maybe 7 cossacks left and a few strelets and I could see with my wall your halbs running around.

posted 06-06-07 03:59 PM EDT (US)     24 / 36  
I have thought that aging up with 14 villies when being rushed is better then 17 villies. Have you ever experimented with 14 villies? 17 villies just seems always way to slow.

[This message has been edited by Hockeystar (edited 06-06-2007 @ 04:01 PM).]

posted 06-06-07 08:50 PM EDT (US)     25 / 36  
Eh, wtf a game where LordKivlov didnt raid????! and he was playing Russia too?! has the world gone backwards or somthing?!

"Obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken." - Adolf Hitler

Proud citizen of Sovietcanuckistan.

~92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.~
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » My Russian Sevastapol Boom
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames