Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: French 2x Muskets
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 01-31-09 03:31 PM EDT (US)   

French 2x Musket RushTADv1.01

Overview:

• The aim of this strategy is to get 10 muskets built as soon as possible and start harassing as soon as possible also. When you get your first ten muskets you can one-hit a villager, so take advantage of this and kill 2-3 villagers immediately. This will be very similar to a 2x xbow rush, although you send gold cards more often than wood cards.
  • The reason I chose to use muskets was that most people expect you to use crossbow, and since you can get those first 10 muskets out very fast you cant gain a lead early. Plus keeping your villagers on food and gold allows you to easily go to fortress and add in hussars for light infantry.
    Build Order:

Discovery Age

• Send 2 villagers to the nearest animal
  • The other three villagers each are assigned to their own food crate. When two are done send them to a new animal
  • Queue a villager
  • The last crate villagers collect the wood crate(s) then build a 1-2 houses then goes to the second killed animal
  • Place waypoint on first dead animal
  • Continue making villagers and sending them to food
  • HERD
  • Send 3 villagers card
  • You will have 14 villagers when you age up
  • Click age up to colonial with the quarter master (400 wood)
    Transition

• Move 2 villagers to gold
  • Move 4 villagers to wood
  • Find second hunt and continue herding it as well
  • Send two wood villagers forward for your two barracks
    Colonial

• Immediately gather the 400 wood with the two wood villagers near your center
  • When you get a shipment, send 700 wood
  • Build a 1-2 barracks
  • Continue making villagers
  • Have 6 more villagers on food than on gold
  • Make houses and a market with the 700 wood
  • Queue muskets as soon as the barracks are built at the forward location.
  • Other shipments are normally 700 and 600 gold
  • When you get the gold crates, your gold will be much higher than your food, so move much of your gold villagers to food.
  • Consider sending 4 villagers when you start to get ahead
    Fortress

• Whenever you decide to age then you should upgrade your muskets to veteran
  • Consider building a stable to start spamming cuirassiers
  • Which will counter the RI he will make to counter your musket spam
  • Gain map control by making 3 Town Centers while building your economy
    Information/Tips:

• Harass and gain map control
  • Not good vs civilizations with spammable light infantry, such as Russia
  • Don’t neglect your economy
  • Be aggressive when you can without losing muskets
  • Avoid big battles unless you know you can win
    Who to Use Against:

Good:
  • British(Avoid Lb spam, RAID)
  • Spanish(Avoid insta xbows)
  • Ottoman(Add in hussars for abus guns, RAID)
  • Iroquois(Be Defensive)
  • Sioux(Scout a lot)
    Moderate:
  • French(Scout)
  • Dutch(Scout)
  • Japan(Focus on Fortress)
  • Portuguese(Careful of him going Fortress)
  • India(Avoid Agra, RAID)
  • German(Beware of Raiding)
    Bad:
  • Sioux(Bow Riders are Bad)
  • Aztec(Avoid)
  • Russia(Avoid)
  • China(Avoid)
    Deck:

Common Card Order:

Recordings:

iTech64(French)-vs-Websterek(Chinese)
    iTech64(French)-vs-Maltav(Japanese)
    iTEch64(French)-vs-Selur(German)

iTech64
    My Strategies:French Semi-FF | French 2x Musket Rush | French 2x Xbow Rush
    My Mapguides: Northwest Territories

[This message has been edited by iTech64 (edited 02-06-2009 @ 06:46 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 02-01-09 03:58 PM EDT (US)     26 / 90  
    ha im working on a fun British strategy
    actually just worked too

iTech64
    posted 02-02-09 12:01 PM EDT (US)     27 / 90  
    If sioux goes bowriders, you basicly lose because bow riders cost effectively beat musketeers especially with TC fire.
    No unit wins if the sioux goes bow riders

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
    posted 02-02-09 02:28 PM EDT (US)     28 / 90  
    Except a $hitload of longbowmen. But if they have sent 4 AR card etc ur DEAD.

'09 Match Of Death Winner

My elorating

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. -Napoleon
    posted 02-03-09 05:05 AM EDT (US)     29 / 90  
    Not sure if someone had mentioned this before but i have little complaints about the recordings.

irst, records 1 and 3 are the same (yea i watched them all)
    and the player in that recording kinda sucked...

Second, in the japanese game you did it ok but it didnt show any rush in that since you just got owned by ashis and went fortress.

And in that german game, he would have kicked your butt if he wouldnt have sucked with economy, unit micro and fighting priorities (started attacking TC when you had rax and few villagers around....). Also, cuirassiers won you that game.
    That is just why i love french, no matter how hard their strat is countered, they can allways go fortress age, close their eyes and spam cuirassiers.
    posted 02-03-09 05:44 AM EDT (US)     30 / 90  
    In one of the recs I watched, he was a complete Ottoman noob. Like really noob.
    posted 02-03-09 06:11 AM EDT (US)     31 / 90  
    Even worse than you James?

Sorry, too easy

Something similar happened to me as Dutch yesterday (on Vanilla). He got a lot of muskets quick, but he didn't push through enough. I had 3 towers up, that didn't help him exactly.

I think this strat is pretty good and in many ways better than the standard double barracks xbow rush, at least in vanilla.

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
    [TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
    -Voltaire
    "A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato

[This message has been edited by Ha_Luke (edited 02-03-2009 @ 06:12 AM).]

posted 02-03-09 06:37 AM EDT (US)     32 / 90  
    Even worse than you James?

Sorry, too easy
    =/

GG

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 02-06-2009 @ 04:13 AM).]

posted 02-03-09 12:48 PM EDT (US)     33 / 90  
    lol yea most of my games are with master serg and below so they are very nooby

if anyone around 1st lt on here would like to play just tell me

iTech64
    posted 02-03-09 01:44 PM EDT (US)     34 / 90  
    "And in that german game, he would have kicked your butt if he wouldnt have sucked with economy, unit micro and fighting priorities (started attacking TC when you had rax and few villagers around....)."

Thats sounds just like me

ESO:Jamie12345 (Master Sergent-2nd Lt)

When people ask me to do something online they say plz because its shorter than please. So I say no because its shorter than yes.
    posted 02-03-09 03:38 PM EDT (US)     35 / 90  
    Lots of people practice strats with people either way lower then them to get a feel for it, or someone way higher then them to make sure that it can compete. So no worries itech :P.
    posted 02-03-09 04:57 PM EDT (US)     36 / 90  
    well yea they are good for practice but they suck to show the strategy..

cause it will seem like they only work vs noobs

@MannisEi

well when you try to do a rush and it fails, of course you shouldnt continue to spam a unit which you know they will beat, the best thing i could have done was to go fortress and get skirms, which won me the game.

also in the german game, thats the one he made outlaws right?
    well his pop was full most of the time, and i was raiding his villagers the whole game so he had troubles putting houses up and getting gold, and when he ventures toward me for gold he lost the game there.

iTech64

[This message has been edited by iTech64 (edited 02-03-2009 @ 05:01 PM).]

posted 02-03-09 05:00 PM EDT (US)     37 / 90  
    Yes if your rush fails the best thing to do is go to your base and make a outpost or 2 and some defence and just boom and get to age 3.
    posted 02-04-09 01:25 AM EDT (US)     38 / 90  
    That's one of the good things about France - If your rush fails, you have a good eco to fall back on - Unlike Ottos or Russia

posted 02-04-09 11:13 AM EDT (US)     39 / 90  
    Russia has one of the best ecos in the game...

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
    posted 02-04-09 03:40 PM EDT (US)     40 / 90  
    I actually like russias eco if you do it right, because making 3 vills at a time and making them fast allows you to get out a ton of vills and good economy, so what I like to do with russia is have good eco and just keep pressuring.
    posted 02-04-09 04:56 PM EDT (US)     41 / 90  
    I think he's referring to a NVR, but not many players do that...

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
    Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
    "The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
    posted 02-04-09 06:58 PM EDT (US)     42 / 90  
    ^^ ya probably since otherwise it doesnt make sense since russia has amazing booming capabilities.

QUACK
    posted 02-04-09 07:57 PM EDT (US)     43 / 90  
    Yes I love russias eco, people who complain about any civ is because they don't know how to use that certain civ.
    posted 02-05-09 10:54 AM EDT (US)     44 / 90  
    Your Deck is a bunch of crap, mine has all upgrades, Fur Trade, Factories, Food Trickle, Wood Trickle, and Advanced Arsenal...I also think that you should consider taking out those units, and add in some economic cards, like Advanced Mill, Advanced Market, and Advanced Plantation...try to avoid these, because even in rushing, i always win.

Fav Civ(s): French, Dutch, Portuguese, Indians
    Rank on ESO (Asian Dynasties: Treaty: lvl. 15 Seargant)
    Favorite Units: Carabineers,Doppelsoldners,Mortars,Sepoys
    Clan: (~HBB~)
    Playing Style: Semi-Offensive, Eco Boomer
    posted 02-05-09 11:35 AM EDT (US)     45 / 90  
    I like your posts Calier

They are just fun to read

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
    [TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
    -Voltaire
    "A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato

[This message has been edited by Ha_Luke (edited 02-05-2009 @ 11:36 AM).]

posted 02-05-09 04:54 PM EDT (US)     46 / 90  
    Epic troll is epic.

On-topic: I have a couple friends who use a strat similar to this, it's amazing.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
    Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
    "The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
    posted 02-05-09 09:34 PM EDT (US)     47 / 90  
    Your Deck is a bunch of crap, mine has all upgrades, Fur Trade, Factories, Food Trickle, Wood Trickle, and Advanced Arsenal...I also think that you should consider taking out those units, and add in some economic cards, like Advanced Mill, Advanced Market, and Advanced Plantation...try to avoid these, because even in rushing, i always win.
    LOL.... Calier, please don't give advice if you have no idea what you're talking about. It will only result in confusing people who are genuinely asking for help and also establishes you as a TROLL

QUACK
    posted 02-05-09 10:10 PM EDT (US)     48 / 90  
    This troll thing is getting old...and your advice is making fun of people so speak for yourself.
    posted 02-06-09 00:07 AM EDT (US)     49 / 90  
    This troll thing is getting old...and your advice is making fun of people so speak for yourself.
    so you don't agree with me that calier should stop posting treaty decks(that contain advanced mills/plantations) in topics that specifically relate to supremacy?

the only logical reasons i could see for you supporting him are that:

a) you want to go against me because you dislike me...
    b) you are smurfing as calier and thus you dislike me telling him to stop posting treaty strats all over the place.

IMO choice b could very well be correct since i remember similar behavior from you to stop people from flaming macndouche.

BTW, if you look around at other posts you'll see that i'm not the only person who believes that Calier is a troll

QUACK
    posted 02-06-09 00:16 AM EDT (US)     50 / 90  
    Getting sick of this troll thing, i have an idea yall, any post you think is troll just go GOD DAMN EDIT IT! You can do that, here watch me...or u know what, maybe i'll be ppointed out as a troll, isnt everyone?
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » French 2x Muskets
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames