Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Favourite character(s)?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 10-29-08 02:01 AM CT (US)   
...he/she/it can be from anywhere, movies, TV shows, cartoons, anything!

My (current) favourite has gotta be Pintsize, the lovable and mischievous ArthroPC from Questionable Content. There's nothing the little guy can't do - or at least try to do, and hilarity almost always ensues!

My favourite *actual person* is that of Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler in Criminal Minds, closely followed by Peter Gallagher's Sandy Cohen and Adam Brody's Seth Cohen, both from The O.C.

Now, spill. All of it.

- ک

Ladies and Gentlemen, wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be IT. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

This message has been brought to you by procrastination and the letters K and V.
Replies:
posted 10-29-08 04:20 AM CT (US)     1 / 96  
Yeah, Pntsize is pretty awesome.

And as cliche as this might sound I like Patrick Star.
posted 10-29-08 04:59 AM CT (US)     2 / 96  
Hmm.

Favourite real people: Robin Williams (The damn funniest guy in the world) and James Woods. (Relatively unknown yet absolutely awesome actor, voice of Hades in the Hercules cartoon and of Toreno in GTA:SA. Very interesting person.

Favourite Character (Fictional): Sam Vimes, City Watch. He gets the job done. He makes no bones. He has no beefs. Or whatever. I suppose my other one is John Keel, but he's still the same guy, really. I also like Lu-Tze. House (from House MD) is also pretty funny, shrewd and awesome. Hm. I'll edit this later, when I've thought about it.

Quote (anonymous) You are the
smartest, yet dumbest person I've
ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
several years ago at birth. small reward.
posted 10-29-08 05:35 AM CT (US)     3 / 96  
Favorite fictional character is HK-47 from KotOR. Best character EVAH!

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 10-29-08 06:49 AM CT (US)     4 / 96  
One of my favourite characters ever in anything is Mr. Burns. Evil old-fashioned capitalist pig, also old and weak. Super great character. (From the Simpsons to those who for some reason don't know?)

Then there's ofcourse the Joker in the Dark Knight... Obviously. But I love Dr. Jonathan Crane.

...AS A CHARACTER IN BATMAN BEGINS I mean

"While I'm profaning I might as well do the whole f*cking thing."
-- Christopher Hitchens
http://soundcloud.com/adult-entertainment - Intriguing music! Made by me! (It's excellent!)
posted 10-29-08 06:50 AM CT (US)     5 / 96  
Dexter. Nothing better than a benign, psychotic serial killer.

None of us are free, one of us is chained.
posted 10-29-08 07:16 AM CT (US)     6 / 96  
Nothing better than a benign, psychotic serial killer.
Er, the usual villain in every other action and horror movie?

-- Christopher Hitchens
http://soundcloud.com/adult-entertainment - Intriguing music! Made by me! (It's excellent!)
posted 10-29-08 07:21 AM CT (US)     7 / 96  
Ah yes, I forgot the Joker. I'm not hopping on the REZPEKT HEATH LEDGER HE DIED bandwagon but you have to admit he was brilliant.
posted 10-29-08 07:37 AM CT (US)     8 / 96  
James Bond and Tommy Vercetti are cool. And also one of my favorites is Sven, the mega villain in some stories that I've written myself - he's striving for world domination and I always have to find ways to stop him.

uh, something isn't right here... anyway, my World War 3 Mod for AOKTC can be downloaded at www.box.net/shared/bvrxatdsoj but the remainder of my signature seems to be gone for good...
let's see whether I can make my campaigns visible here (they only work with my mod) http://www.box.net/shared/48xmrzdu94 http://www.box.net/shared/xl9rtl5k17well, it seems to work!
posted 10-29-08 07:50 AM CT (US)     9 / 96  
I'm not hopping on the REZPEKT HEATH LEDGER HE DIED bandwagon but you have to admit he was brilliant.
I know that mentality, but it's not actually wrong to jump on a bandwagon if it's a good bandwagon? And you just did although you said you won't? I'm going to jump on the EVOLUTION IS FACT ACCORDING TO LATEST EVIDENCE bandwagon. So have millions of other people but that's not important. Evolution is fact and Heath Ledger did a brilliant job as the Joker. Bandwagon or not. UGH, to refer to a cultural stereotype established in the early 20th century.

-- Christopher Hitchens
posted 10-29-08 08:09 AM CT (US)     10 / 96  
I know that mentality, but it's not actually wrong to jump on a bandwagon if it's a good bandwagon? And you just did although you said you won't? I'm going to jump on the EVOLUTION IS FACT ACCORDING TO LATEST EVIDENCE bandwagon. So have millions of other people but that's not important. Evolution is fact and Heath Ledger did a brilliant job as the Joker. Bandwagon or not. UGH, to refer to a cultural stereotype established in the early 20th century
No, what I meant is that I am thoroughly annoyed by those who think Heath Ledger warrants special praise because he is dead. I mean, I liked his acting and RIP and all but it gets kind of irritating. I respect him because he was brilliant as the Joker, and not because he's dead like some people do.
posted 10-29-08 08:55 AM CT (US)     11 / 96  
You people should really learn that Heth Ledger wasn't really the best thing since sliced bread. He was just another Hollywood pretty-boy, who happened to get a spot in a well written movie. The reason Joker was a good character wasn't because of Ledger, it was because the originality of the writers.

Sure you're saying that Ledger's deadness isn't clouding your judgement, but it is. It really is. Mark my words, in 5 years he will be completely forgotten, unlike truely great and ground-breaking actors, like golden-age actors Gable and Bogart, or Brando, for example.

Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 10-29-08 09:33 AM CT (US)     12 / 96  
Er, the usual villain in every other action and horror movie?
Er, they're usually not benign if they are a villain.

None of us are free, one of us is chained.
posted 10-29-08 09:40 AM CT (US)     13 / 96  
Lord Vetinari. Stylish, Machiavellian and somewhat eccentric.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 10-29-08 09:41 AM CT (US)     14 / 96  
Quaazi, you're overanalyzing. I mean come on, the Joker was fun to watch and Heath Ledger did a good job. You can't really deny that, and this thread is about favourite characters and not the people behind them. So technically we're discussing the Joker and not Heath Ledger.

Anyway. I also loved CatDog when it still aired.
posted 10-29-08 09:42 AM CT (US)     15 / 96  
capn' jack sparrow
posted 10-29-08 10:00 AM CT (US)     16 / 96  
Black Adder and Spongebob would be my top choices.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 10-29-08 11:20 AM CT (US)     17 / 96  
You people should really learn that Heth Ledger wasn't really the best thing since sliced bread. He was just another Hollywood pretty-boy, who happened to get a spot in a well written movie. The reason Joker was a good character wasn't because of Ledger, it was because the originality of the writers.
You mean, you could've done the role as well or maybe even better? I think Ledger did a marvelous job and because someone can ruin a great script by acting bad. I think Ledger had the body language to do the role and that's why it succeeded. Come on, you don't lose anything if you admit he did a good job and his death has little to do with the work he did.
Also, how much do you actually know about Ledger's influence on the character of the Joker? I don't know and it doesn't matter: Ledger did a great job even if he didn't write the bloody script. That's why he was an ACTOR. He could REALISE scripts. I wouldn't have liked to see Jonathan & Christopher Nolan in every role, great as their script was. There must've been a reason they chose Ledger to do the role and watching the film (one of the best in this decade, also grossing insanely) you can see why.

Also, Jack Nicholson hasn't been forgotten as the Joker and neither has Christopher Reeve been forgotten as Superman. And Ledger won't be forgotten as the Joker and this will be punctuated by his death, like it or not. This I predict.
Er, they're usually not benign if they are a villain.
Sry, my bad.

-- Christopher Hitchens
posted 10-29-08 11:45 AM CT (US)     18 / 96  
You mean, you could've done the role as well or maybe even better?
Not me, but any other actor in Hollywood. Save for Hayden Christiansen. He sucks badly.

posted 10-29-08 12:34 PM CT (US)     19 / 96  
Not me, but any other actor in Hollywood.
Thing is, not every actor is suitable for every role. SURPRISE. Like, John Wayne as Genghis Khan? It's been done for reals. Picture Tommy Lee Jones as Joker. NOT SO GREAT HUH

-- Christopher Hitchens
posted 10-29-08 12:36 PM CT (US)     20 / 96  
Byakuya Kuchiki for the win?

.^/¯/        Eaglehaslanded
  \  /~   
  ///      You, sir, are a wench - Scud
 '' ''     You, Sir, are a wrench - Reach
posted 10-29-08 12:40 PM CT (US)     21 / 96  
Within reason, OWM. Within reason.

posted 10-29-08 01:06 PM CT (US)     22 / 96  
Within reason, OWM. Within reason.
OK I get your point. But you know I was just meanin', they happened to choose Mr. Ledger and he did a really good job, and ofcourse if someone goes to claim 'NOBODY ELSE COULD'VE DUN IT!' it's a tad too far but the main problem is it is hard to get a Joker for the next (if there will be a next) one because he did a good job and established a great Joker with his acting. 'Sall

-- Christopher Hitchens
posted 10-29-08 01:57 PM CT (US)     23 / 96  
Also, Captain Zoom.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 10-29-08 02:51 PM CT (US)     24 / 96  
Come on, you don't lose anything if you admit he did a good job and his death has little to do with the work he did.
He does, actually. In that case he would agree with the majority.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 10-29-08 03:07 PM CT (US)     25 / 96  
He does, actually. In that case he would agree with the majority.
So what does he lose? His cool? Don't make me laugh
Moregoth, is this true? Does the majority dictate your likings?

-- Christopher Hitchens
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Favourite character(s)?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames