You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Eternal War Beta 2 - Playtesters needed!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 04-05-04 03:28 PM CT (US)   
Darn, tried to reply to the old thread, but it had expired so I have do it in this new thread... Ahem...
UPDATED! 04-05-04
The old thread (witch I updated before I realized I couldn’t reply to it) can be found here.

It’s been a while since my last post here, and I guess most of you have forgotten this scenario and me… Anyway, I’m here now, and I have an update of this scenario that needs play testing. The scenario is still not finished but it can now be played from the beginning to the end… well I hope so. There is still a lot to do, like talking to people, side quests, shops and one of the endings.

If you want to play test, and I mean playTEST, not just say that you take a look at it and then just forget to say what you thought about it… well, if you are serious and want to playtest then just leave your e-mail and tell me if you want the scenario with (2,99 MB) or without (366 kb) music.

Eternal War
a fantasy scenario by Cespenar
A story of war, hate and love.

Rovgard, the capital of Udia has been under siege for some months now. It is only a matter of time before the walls are breached and the Ardinon troops rush in, burning and killing everything in their path to the castle where King Ariam of Udia hides. Almost two months ago, he sent General Taran to get reinforcements from the south, a journey that would normally take a few weeks at most. Now they have been waiting for two months. The citizens of Rovgard believe Taran is dead, that their only hope of rescue from the besieging army is gone. But King Ariam still believes that Taran will arrive in time and save them from the evil Ardinon troops. But no one knows about the dark figure that lurks in the shadows. Watching, waiting, for the right moment...

Characters
Taran – The main character, an Udian general with a hot temperament. He always attack, the odds doesn’t matter. Swords, not words!
Milly – Tarans wife, friendly, doesn’t like violence like her husband Taran do.
King Ariam of Udia – He will never surrender.
Laurin – Tarans sister, not as aggressive as her brother.
Mollis – Tarans best friend and advisor. They have always known each other.
King Halorak of Ardinon – The king of Ardinon
And many more not so important and very important characters…

Features in Beta 1
Play as six different units. Different unit, same story. Two handed swordsman, Teutonic knight, huskarl, halberdier, samurai, berserk.
Insanely detailed map design.
Too much dialogue.
A mix of RPG and FF.
A weird and dark storyline. May not be the best storyline ever... But I hope it's fun to play.
Music from Baldur's Gate I and II
No mercy.
Side quests (three in Beta 2)
Two different endings. (In Beta 2 only one of the endings is complete, the other one is just half done.)
Maybe a level up system, using stone as experience points. Probably not…

New Features in Beta 2 (04-05-04)
A healing system. You can now heal Taran at any time as long as you have health berries or health potions.
Four new joinable NPC’s, three optional and one plot related.
Over three hours of game time. (I just hope it’s three fun hours)
Fixed spelling and grammar errors. (Thanks to Mechstra)
Sneak your way through enemy camps. Maybe not as good as it sounds… really I don’t know, maybe it is. Whatever.
Lame humour…
Improved map design in some parts...
Rest at an Inn, upgrade armour and buy a transport ship and health potions. There will be at least one more Inn and a few more shops in the final version.
Two new non-plot related side quests. More to come…

Trigger count: 1584

- Cespenar

Replies:
posted 04-05-04 04:54 PM CT (US)     1 / 112  
i will playtest, not only for playtesting, is for seeing if my Campaign will be better.
simfelduv@hotmail.com

--
Best regards

Balazs
posted 04-05-04 05:17 PM CT (US)     2 / 112  
I forgot to mention that if you don’t say if you want music or not I will send the small version without music.

reich, I’ve sent the small version. If you want the music I can send the files in a separate email.

Quote:

...seeing if my Campaign will be better

I would like to test your campaign... to see if it will be better than mine.

[This message has been edited by Cespenar (edited 04-05-2004 @ 05:19 PM).]

posted 04-05-04 07:21 PM CT (US)     3 / 112  
Send me the cpx and music please at:

mastergamer130@yahoo.com

___________Zero___________
I only wish I had wit.
posted 04-05-04 07:31 PM CT (US)     4 / 112  
Send your campaign with music and sounds to The_X-King@gmx.de

~~~Member and Admin at DGDN~~~
Beta Asian Monastery Mod 4.5 | Old Stone 4.5 | Sacred Entrance Mod 5.0 | Stonehenge Mod 4.5 | Weapon Stack Mod 4.5
Battle of Mayapan 4.0 | The Paladin of Destiny 4.2
'Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
posted 04-05-04 07:42 PM CT (US)     5 / 112  
I'll surely test this one. The first version was very good, I'm curious to check it out...
posted 04-05-04 07:58 PM CT (US)     6 / 112  
Loved the first one. Send it, music and all, to Aboodaboodabi@AOL.com

What something wrong with my sig?
posted 04-05-04 10:44 PM CT (US)     7 / 112  
Email it to DarckRedd@Astound.net.

Nevermind, that was an incorrect address. Email to DarckRedd@astound.net.

| D A R C K R C D D |

[This message has been edited by DarckRedd (edited 04-05-2004 @ 11:23 PM).]

posted 04-05-04 10:48 PM CT (US)     8 / 112  
Ok, cespenar, its only at 25%...

--
Best regards

Balazs
posted 04-05-04 11:05 PM CT (US)     9 / 112  

Hmm… I played the scenario and found a few bugs, one that prevented me from continue the game, I think I have fixed them now. I have included a temporary fix for the worst bug; it should solve the problem and allow the player to continue.

I’m sending the files to you guys now…

@reich, you mean the new file I sent you, not the old one, right?

Good night.

posted 04-06-04 06:05 AM CT (US)     10 / 112  
I'll test it now

~~~Member and Admin at DGDN~~~
Beta Asian Monastery Mod 4.5 | Old Stone 4.5 | Sacred Entrance Mod 5.0 | Stonehenge Mod 4.5 | Weapon Stack Mod 4.5
Battle of Mayapan 4.0 | The Paladin of Destiny 4.2
'Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'

[This message has been edited by The X King (edited 04-06-2004 @ 06:07 AM).]

posted 04-06-04 09:47 AM CT (US)     11 / 112  
I found a few other bugs , one that crashed the game in the first battle and one that made it impossible to continue on to the last battle. It should work now... I’m sorry that I didn’t check for bugs better before sending it, I will send the hopefully, but probably not, bug free version now. If it doesn’t work this time then I’m seriously going to kill something.
posted 04-06-04 10:35 AM CT (US)     12 / 112  
Of course we hadn't forgotten. I remember playtesting the first beta.

Send it to LinkTheValiant at juno dot com. If you could put "AoK" in the subject, it would be certain to evade the spam filter. I think that I'll take the music with it.

The new features sound good. Sneaking through enemy camps... Well, it can be done well, as Ingo proved to a small extent.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
I'm proud to be an American, a citizen of the the greatest country in the world.
Even though it is not against the law to flame, I still consider it very annoying and offensive. Besides, it wastes bandwidth.-aoegolfer
One of my special talents is the ability to make anyone believe what I want him to believe, including myself.
posted 04-06-04 09:37 PM CT (US)     13 / 112  
I would be obliged to help you playtest. Send with the sounds (and if its too big send the sounds in a seperate email)

¯¨´*·~-.¸ SgtSlaughter ¸,.-~*´¨¯
posted 04-06-04 09:55 PM CT (US)     14 / 112  
File sent to Link. I think I fixed a few more bugs.

SgtSlaughter, I tried to figure out your email with telepathy but I failed, so can you just tell me.

posted 04-06-04 11:59 PM CT (US)     15 / 112  
Ok, cespenar, Here is my comment:

I think is Almost perfect...for a traditional mix of RPG and FF.The mapdesign is good, but i think is too "charged" and may lag on slower PC.In my Pc didnt lagged.Thats not weird because it has 2x512 Mb of RAM.

There is a problem with the locations, sometimes i get lost.I didnt played so much, but i got lost when i was looking for my house.

We cant compare a Traditional RPG masterpiece with a Revolutionary RPG masterpiece.SO i wont compare that.

I used the sneaking in my campaign, but i reached another level.Again, i say, We cant compare.My campaign might went out of the class.

My mapdesign is humble, the minimap is humble, but closer is more beautyful. I have to say, Your mapsdesign skills amazed me.

Ah, cespenar, please, send me the coolest Soundtracks.I mean, FF8 like soundtracks, because i really need them.
thanks if you do so.

--
Best regards

Balazs
posted 04-07-04 07:55 AM CT (US)     16 / 112  
lol sorry but i was hoping you could just read my mind so i wouldn't have to type it.. y'know?

crook@myvine.com

¯¨´*·~-.¸ SgtSlaughter ¸,.-~*´¨¯
posted 04-07-04 08:25 AM CT (US)     17 / 112  
Reich,
Thanks for the comments.
I was worried that it could be confusing to find your house; I will consider a quick change view trigger to show where it is... but at least it has a map revealer.
And I have been thinking about adding something like the signature moves you have, but something more fitting to Taran’s personality.
I haven’t played FF8, so I don’t know about the music, but I’ll send the music files for EW to you.
And can I playtest your scenario, I want to see how revolutionary it is.

SgtSlaughter,
I’ll send the files right now.

posted 04-07-04 09:00 AM CT (US)     18 / 112  
I want to test also! Send it to Exar21@hotmail.com

...···.. Lord Exar ..···...
...···.. Proud Member of DGDN..···...
...···.. Designer of The Battle of the Green Edge ..···...
...···.. ..···...
...···.. ..···...
©
posted 04-07-04 12:12 PM CT (US)     19 / 112  
I'm in..and is possible send the music to me. Sounds very good, can't wait.

wildcarddow@hotmail.com

posted 04-07-04 06:16 PM CT (US)     20 / 112  
Exar, WildCardDow,
Check your email.

posted 04-08-04 08:53 AM CT (US)     21 / 112  
Cespenar: The Campaign is great! But there are some problems. 1: The two first battles are to hard. On the second battle I had to use "torpedo3". The enemy had too many knights!!! 2: The hero dies to quickly!!!
3: In the ruins the undead are just continueing to come and come. It impossible!!! The heroes dies to quickly in the runins!!!!

...···.. ..···...
...···.. ..···...
©
posted 04-08-04 08:58 AM CT (US)     22 / 112  
Ohh I forgot!!! Can you send me the music files?
Note: The other message I wrote was to tell you what I felt about the game and I must say it again. THE GAME ROCKS!!!!

...···.. ..···...
...···.. ..···...
©
posted 04-08-04 12:26 PM CT (US)     23 / 112  
Hey Cespenar, could you send the music to me? Thanks.

What something wrong with my sig?
posted 04-08-04 01:54 PM CT (US)     24 / 112  
Cespenar! Great stuff. I'll test, of course. I must see the fruition of that storyline...
posted 04-08-04 02:04 PM CT (US)     25 / 112  
I was frustrated so i stopped playing. Why? Well, i got to the town and I kill some troops. So ientered with my heroes and the cut-scene started. (With the beta berserks in it.) The thing that frustrated me was that when my hero was locked in his possition to talk to the guy, some more enemies came and I couldn't escape so I lost.

I'll retest though! Well, here we go!

I only wish I had wit.
posted 04-08-04 02:55 PM CT (US)     26 / 112  
@Exar
Glad you liked it. But I don’t think torpedo3 is a very good thing to do as it might, and probably will disrupt later parts of the scenario. You are not the only one to tell me that the second battle is too hard, I think it’s quite easy… maybe I just played it a few too many times… I will have to think about it.
About the ruins, yes, there’s lots of undead but most of them should have lower HP than normal and if you have a few health potions and other NPC’s you should be able to fight through. But I will look into it.
I have sent you the music.

@Lordoftherings
Music sent.

@Mechstra
File sent. You already have the music, right?

@Magnum Zero
Sad to hear that, and it's not the first time I hear it, I will look in to it. It's odd since I've never experienced it..

@To all of you
Could you please tell me witch unit you played as. It is not easy to balance a scenario when the main character can be one of six different units, with different strengths and weaknesses.
I will be away for two days, so I might not be able to answer any questions until sunday.
Thanks to all of you.

posted 04-11-04 04:24 PM CT (US)     27 / 112  
Top.

Waiting for bug reports...

Edit:
Exar, I tried to send you the music, but the email was returned, sorry.

[This message has been edited by Cespenar (edited 04-11-2004 @ 04:28 PM).]

posted 04-11-04 09:54 PM CT (US)     28 / 112  
Cespenar, please send me the music files, you forgot mine.

--
Best regards

Balazs
posted 04-12-04 06:57 AM CT (US)     29 / 112  
Sorry, reich, I forgot. I'm sending it right now.
posted 04-12-04 01:20 PM CT (US)     30 / 112  
I'll try and play it tonight or tomorrow, Jonas. And yes, I've got the music already.
posted 04-13-04 08:41 AM CT (US)     31 / 112  
Cespenar: Try to send it to John_Henrik13@yahoo.no

...···.. ..···...
...···.. ..···...
©
posted 04-13-04 01:15 PM CT (US)     32 / 112  

Quote:

Glad you liked it. But I don’t think torpedo3 is a very good thing to do as it might, and probably will disrupt later parts of the scenario. You are not the only one to tell me that the second battle is too hard, I think it’s quite easy…

No, the second battle is just about right. It may be hard, but it makes you take two or three tries to get the strategy worked out, just like a boss fight in any other game you've played.

I haven't been able to test as much as I would have liked, so I have gotten to the point where *SPOILER* Arthir and Laurin join.*SPOILER* I still can't figure out Marae yet...

I personally play as the huskarl. I find it easier to keep my hero alive when he is fast and can't be nailed by archers.

Cespenar, the healing system does not work after saving and reloading. This could potentially be a problem. So far I've stayed alive by healing in towers when necessary, but I'm not sure whether I can stay alive in future... You might want to talk to the script experts for advice on how to make it work after saving and reloading, if it is indeed possible.

I haven't found any other bugs besides the healing.

There are a couple of minor spelling and grammar errors. If you would like to have a list, I would be happy to go through the beginning again and find them for you.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
I'm proud to be an American, a citizen of the the greatest country in the world.
Even though it is not against the law to flame, I still consider it very annoying and offensive. Besides, it wastes bandwidth.-aoegolfer
One of my special talents is the ability to make anyone believe what I want him to believe, including myself.
posted 04-13-04 04:36 PM CT (US)     33 / 112  
I am not sure but this idea just popped into my head. It may solve the healing problem (Reloading).

Put a unit, a little chunk of land, and a small circle of ice on it. We will reference this as the "Brain"

For the trigger that recovers the HP add an effect that tasks the unit in the Brain onto the circle of ice. Add another trigger and effect. Have this effect activate the new trigger. The new trigger (Here by referenced to as Trigger0) will have condition: timer-4 (or what ever amount of time it takes the unit to get to the ice). Set it on OFF and LOOPING. Create another trigger. The effect now activates the new trigger (Here by referenced to as Trigger1). In trigger1 set it to OFF and LOOPING. Condition is objects in area (Set this to 0) for whatever player has the unit in the brain. Now, set the effect to activate the healing object trigger.

If you need explainations, a trigger map thing, or a utility, feel free to ask here or email me at mastergamer130@yahoo.com

I only wish I had wit.
posted 04-14-04 05:20 AM CT (US)     34 / 112  
posted 04-14-04 07:29 AM CT (US)     35 / 112  
Link,

Quote:

I still can't figure out Marae yet...

Do you mean you can’t find the mage? Search the river shores…

I would be grateful if you could play through again and give me a list of spelling/grammar errors. Thank you.

Magnum Zero,
Yes, I think I need some kind of explanation or trigger map thing, I’m just a little confused and stressed at the moment. But thanks anyway, if this solves the healing/reload bug than I would be really thankful.
And thanks to Link, for telling me.

Exar, Lord_Fadawah,
Check your email.

Cespenar
"The world is such a horrible place. I'm glad I live in my own."
Heroes of Meadowkeep
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Eternal War Beta 2 - Playtesters needed!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames