You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: "The Manuscripts" - My revitalized project.
posted 11-24-05 11:21 AM CT (US)   
Well, after a couple of months' inactivity, I started work again on "The Manuscripts", an older project that I started Christmas of 2004, and worked on until around early August of this year. Due to my family moving, and a general loss of interest, I halted work on it. Just recently I got sick of the infinitude of triggers involved in multiplayer scenarios (Hitman Gold), so I opened up the file and started work on it again. Actually, work has come along quite well. I've completed the Prologue entirely, and Scenario 1 is nearing completion. Possibly, we might be looking at a release date sometime in December.

Update: Well, it turns out I realized that I haven't used any of the new things discovered by oliver and all those smart people who have too much time on their hands and nothing to do except find out things in Age of Empires. So anyways, I'm only going to add those things if people complain about it. So don't complain unless it's important.

Anyways, to the statistics: (that aren't on the site)

Features:
- Four (4) Eighteenth century towns and villages to explore.
- Large main quest and several side quests.
- Music and sounds from Akella's Pirates of the Caribbean PC game, as well as music from Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.
- Item system (powered by a new AI I created, which really isn't anything different from the ADVANCED Immobile Units AI by Zanzard Lothar. Except I added a few taunt functions.)
- Choose to go on foot or by sea.
- Battle pirates, smugglers and natives.

Downloads:

Prologue Scenario - Build 3.4

[/whisper]
More downloads coming soon.

Playtesters:
- Currently not accepting playtesters at this time.

So far that's all I have, soon I'll update with more.

Big thanks to Ana for rescuing this thread. I've removed all the links that didn't work. If I get a chance, I'll update this with screenshots and maybe a few downloads. Who knows.

[This message has been edited by Colo the Great (edited 02-19-2007 @ 09:42 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-24-05 12:32 PM CT (US)     1 / 38  
Looks sooo coool

I once used to be Sir Drew but know I've turned to the Darkside muahaha
Helfire Sudios
Project:
The Turning 50% complete on AoK not AoC
posted 11-24-05 03:37 PM CT (US)     2 / 38  
I got the teaser for this like a year ago I think. It was cool.

MoX_MiThRaNdIr
Current Project: A Battle for Peace - 45% Complete-(Reopened)

"You won't feel better until you get this thing off your chest"- Patrick Star (Spongebob Squarepants)
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
posted 11-24-05 04:30 PM CT (US)     3 / 38  
Still in need for playtesters?

BTW, the map shot doesn't open. It says "Error 404 - URL NOT FOUND"

posted 11-24-05 04:47 PM CT (US)     4 / 38  
Odd, it works just fine for me. I'll need some playtesters for the next scenario.
posted 11-24-05 05:09 PM CT (US)     5 / 38  
I can be a playtester, but I need to know the date you will send the first round...

Ps: Very good project

Take a look to my scenarios:
The Fall of the Caesar[Complete Version]DEMO 4.1/5.0
Siege of Viena 3.0/5.0
Current projects|
no name yet | 10%
posted 11-25-05 08:51 AM CT (US)     6 / 38  
I must say I like the look of the water very much, keep on the good work.

...Snail...
posted 11-25-05 01:53 PM CT (US)     7 / 38  
I remember this. You know I want to playtest.

y411sucs@adelphia.net

Endoras
Sexy Man-Beast
|Siege of Gondor|Rated 4.2|
"Endoras, I bow down to your powers of precognition." - Andrew Dunn
posted 11-25-05 04:25 PM CT (US)     8 / 38  
hey colo, can i playtest too? id love to be involved in someone elses project. mine is fun and all, but it would be nice to have some way of relaxing, so as to prevent me from destroying somenthing (namely, my PC lol).
u should have my email, but here it is anyway

kfish2o02@hotmail.com

ps im nearly finsihed the prologue for Eragon, will be out soon

posted 11-25-05 04:28 PM CT (US)     9 / 38  
Once I complete the first scenario, I'll send to the first wave of playtesters.
posted 11-25-05 05:32 PM CT (US)     10 / 38  
I'll playtest! basketball_327@hotmail.com

I am currently playtesting for kfish's Eragon, but I have alot of time on my hands.

-Lance O Lot-

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
       My Downloads | I m p e r i a l C r e a t i o n s
        Contact Mee Sig Version 1.6
posted 11-26-05 04:54 PM CT (US)     11 / 38  
Well I accept...I'll playtest

Take a look to my scenarios:
The Fall of the Caesar[Complete Version]DEMO 4.1/5.0
Siege of Viena 3.0/5.0
Current projects|
no name yet | 10%
posted 11-26-05 05:15 PM CT (US)     12 / 38  
Yay. *Remembers*

Of course since I have no access to my computer and my beloved AoK, I cannot do anything about it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
posted 11-26-05 07:36 PM CT (US)     13 / 38  
So you finnaly figured out AI taunts and stuff? I'm still fumbling aimlessly with it.

Endoras
Sexy Man-Beast
posted 11-26-05 08:37 PM CT (US)     14 / 38  
hahah, yes the AI taunt thingy took me awhile to figure out. I would recomend Echoes ai.

Lance O Lot

          L a n c e O L o t
               Member of
       My Downloads | I m p e r i a l C r e a t i o n s
        Contact Mee Sig Version 1.6
posted 11-26-05 08:43 PM CT (US)     15 / 38  
I don't have access to my own PC at the moment, so I have to use my dad's one, which doesn't have AoK. Still, good luck with it, and the site's good, but to be honest I prefer the old theme.

MY NAME IS GWAME I AM AOKH MEMBER SINCE 2004 AND I HAVE MANY POSTS
BEST SIG OF 2008 AND 2ND BEST SIG OF 2009 (SAME SIG LOLOL)
BEST SIG OF 2008
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap music. If you're on of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.
"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^" "Gwame your sig ain't funny nomore." - morgoth bauglir"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
posted 11-27-05 08:02 AM CT (US)     16 / 38  
i remember this project, looked good. But what has happened to this "Pirates of the Caribben" map, that Endoras took over from you?

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 11-27-05 11:28 AM CT (US)     17 / 38  
That's something completly different. This is more of linear spin off idea of it. Actually, I lost my scenario when my hard drive went insane and exploded. Maybe Kor still has it, though. I wish I could finish it. :P

*prays that Kor reads this as MSN messenger isn't working*

Endoras
Sexy Man-Beast
posted 11-27-05 12:23 PM CT (US)     18 / 38  
just downloaded the prologue.... beautifully done. smooth and very well designed. and the map shots look. cant wait for the first scenario .

keep up the good work

posted 11-27-05 12:52 PM CT (US)     19 / 38  
Great work you do!

Btw, this scenario you made, huh? is it part of the campaign of where you have read a book before? And came in that way suprised to make a scenario from?

The sceenies are sooo great. I like the most southest part of the map the most. There you can see an isle with a tower and surround the island lies some kind of sandbank. i know it sounds wierd if i call the surrounded area in the south sandbank but i havent known what the thing might be named to, so sorry about that.

Could you set my email at the list, because i really appreciate if you can finish your scenario, you are a great designer. Good job!

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)
posted 11-29-05 05:41 PM CT (US)     20 / 38  
I'll be Playtester e-mail me on my forum Blood, Sacrifice, and Mercenaries if you need my real e-mail address

Attila373

The valor of a demised Leading Knight of battle,
is judged by the valor of the king to whom he serves.
Moral: Choose your king very WISELY.
Current Scenario:
The Adventures of Iscilla: Part I: The Krussia Desert
Check out the Scenario Design Forum for more!
posted 11-30-05 06:10 PM CT (US)     21 / 38  
Hey Colossus, I've played your prologue map. It was awesome. But I have one question: what is HMS anyway?
posted 11-30-05 07:29 PM CT (US)     22 / 38  
His Majesty's Ship or Her Majesty's Ship.

Current projects:

Undead 2 [Gateways] released
Site http://www.hellstromshive.net/UndeadHome.html

• Undead 1 [Resurrection] 99% done

posted 11-30-05 07:34 PM CT (US)     23 / 38  
My name is "Colosseum", not "Colossus".
posted 12-01-05 09:38 AM CT (US)     24 / 38  
Oooooooops! Sorry...
posted 12-01-05 11:42 AM CT (US)     25 / 38  
There's 22,7 cm difference between colossus and Colosseum.

Anyway, I can't see the screenies.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 02-18-07 02:17 AM CT (US)     26 / 38  
*blows dust off topic*
It's dark and creepy down there in the archives, but this project deserves completing Colo!

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 02-18-07 08:53 AM CT (US)     27 / 38  
Thanks for the m-m-m-monster bump, Ana.

There's no guarantees this will turn out, though. I've got lots of other things going on, and this project's sort of been placed on the backburner until things slow down at school.

posted 02-19-07 05:16 AM CT (US)     28 / 38  
Ill Test D

Dreadrinegreg@hotmail.com

posted 02-19-07 10:29 AM CT (US)     29 / 38  
I'm currently not accepting playtesters... sorry.
posted 02-22-07 08:26 PM CT (US)     30 / 38  
Alpha Build.

LISTEN FOLKS: By downloading this file, you agree not to steal my work, redistribute under any title, or hack parts of it into your scenarios (I'm sure newIdea and those dudes have found a way to do this). The scenario ends after you bring the Animist map to the priest in the New Chaseford city. MAKE SURE to leave feedback. Please test responsibly.

Visit the Index for (most) of the sounds included. Download the titles "spokplavanie.zip, jungle_ambmus.zip, soundeffects.zip, enplavanie.zip, and store.zip" for the respective music/sound files.

EDIT: Play it on Normal, at the highest resolution possible for maximum ass-kickage effect.

[This message has been edited by Colo the Great (edited 02-22-2007 @ 10:14 PM).]

posted 02-23-07 05:17 PM CT (US)     31 / 38  
Damn it, you guys said you wanted it to come back, so there's the download. Anyone tested it?
posted 02-23-07 05:35 PM CT (US)     32 / 38  
Well, I would test it, but all I get from your link is a large amount of computer gibberish. Sorry I can't help further.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 02-23-07 05:40 PM CT (US)     33 / 38  

Quote:

Well, I would test it, but all I get from your link is a large amount of computer gibberish. Sorry I can't help further.

Try right clicking and "save target as"...should do it, I haven't tried it yet, but I was about to, I was busy doing something else.

And that something else I was working on Colo would like, so I think he should forgive me for not downloading his map earlier.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 02-23-07 05:52 PM CT (US)     34 / 38  
I downloaded an hour ago, Colo, and the map is beautiful, one of the best island themes I have seen. I can sense the humidity of the jungle, the surf lapping the bays and the life of the city and in the pirate and native bases. The music is awesome, atmospheric, and the story is fun -although I have only played to buying the boat, and will certainly play more later.

Anyway, I will try to report back later, with detail as to how it played, bugs, map design, balance etc etc...

Great work.

posted 02-23-07 05:59 PM CT (US)     35 / 38  
This Alpha has almost no extra features besides the main story. I'm not even sure if the option to not buy a boat will even work in the long run. This was all going to be fixed after I got the main story done, as well as a shop and all that fun stuff. Anyways, just tell me if you can even get to the part where you kill 3 red teutonic knights.

Sorry, Julius, I was in a hurry and didn't zip it... just do what Scud said.

posted 02-24-07 05:35 PM CT (US)     36 / 38  
So... anyone actually tested it?
posted 02-24-07 06:42 PM CT (US)     37 / 38  
Oh my god, that was the freakiest déjá vu ever! Seriously, it was like I was reading Masheks post word for word for the second time. Freaky.

Anywho, I'll download and test tomorrow

"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
                            Kfish2oo2
                      -*'`^"^`'*- =~
    '*-=~+,._.,+                      `^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
posted 02-27-07 02:03 AM CT (US)     38 / 38  
Hey Colo, I got your email...unfortunately my time is very limited lately. Hopefully, I can play through by this weekend.

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » "The Manuscripts" - My revitalized project.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames