Bottom
Topic Subject: Project Announcement: ~Silent Evil~
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 06-05-09 12:43 PM CT (US)   
**P R E S E N T I N G...W I T H...G R E A T... P L E A S U R E**

**A BlackForest Studios Production**

**A Popey-Tanks Collaboration of Brilliance**
~~Silent...Evil~~
You may have noticed over the past few months myself and Popeychops have been lacking in forum activity. The reason?

This.

It is the year 666 AD, The year of the Beast, Lucifer.
Many believed this to be the end of the world and life itself. Many flocked to churches and cathedrals for shelter and for several weeks the streets of London were empty, untill one day a man looked out and saw that everything was alright, earth was safe and no-one questioned their survival.

364 days later, on the night of the New Year, an all night party is hosted to celebrate the year of the beast's allowance of life.

The next day it is the year 667 AD, the all-night party has ended and four people have awoken from a heavy night of drinking and fun. The streets of London were quiet.. Or were they?

It turns out that on that very night a team of scientists intent on discovering the meaning of life came to an extraudinary discovery. Purely by accident they had found what is believed to be the Soul. Scientists tweaked and prodded with this unknown entity untill on the stroke of midnight, a huge explosion occured in the city of London, a huge hole was ripped open in the surface of the planet, witnesses believed they seen the "Claw of Satan".

Lucifer, the Fallen Angel had been delayed in the End of the World, and when he saw that scientists had discovered the soul he used this to his advantage. With the power of mind he cause rage and hate to erupt in the Soul, The rabid Soul destroyed lives of scientists and security alike, before being claimed entirely by Lucifer.

With the help of the Rabid Soul, Lucifer grew enough strength to rip a void in the earths surface and unleash his Evil into the world...

This is where you come in...

**Story ends there**

What is Silent Evil?
Silent Evil is a survival based RPG set in medieval London. The world has become awash with certain kinds of modern science, notably genetics and the internal combustion engine. A virus has broken out, turning ordinary people into zombies and mutants. You follow the events surrounding one of four persons, can they save their family member: can they find a way to survive? --Popeychops, Co-Developer
What features are availible in Silent Evil?
A Never-Ending, intense multiplayer RPG (And this aint just advertising!)
Unique RPG Systems made by yours truley:
Food Gathering - The use of food to essentially provide a way of being defeated, and to prevent garrison abuse
In-Game Survival Timer - Ths is essentially used for recording how long in-game you have survived. 1 gold is awarded every minute.
EXP Levelling - Every kill awards your characters with EXP (Represented by Stone) which, as it accumilates, levels up your character.
Elite Levelling - Just to keep this from being totally impossible, Elite EXP is awarded every level. (Represented by Wood) When it reaches the total needed you gain an Elite-Level.
No Carto - Cartography has been disabled to make e thrill greater.
Regenerating Health - You dont have an uber hero that canonly be killed by a 1000k attack Ghengis Khan, You have a standard unit that regenerates health at a slow rate (Regenerating stops a 100 Health)

And much, much more! - Tanks, Co-Developer
THE OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD: http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=9811DOWNLOAD NOW AND PLAY!

Game Ranger:

BF_Tanks
BF_Popeychops
Dead_End
Espadachim

little.jake (tanks)
simon.popeychops(popeychops)
dead-enddaniel (dead_end)

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5533/silentevil1.png
SCREENSHOTS

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7056/silentevil2.png

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2708/silentevil3.png

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9818/silentevil4.png

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4493/silentevil5.png

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7333/undeaddeer.png

The last one is a glitch for the food system. A dead deer with health

[This message has been edited by Tanks_fst (edited 06-30-2009 @ 11:17 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-05-09 01:36 PM CT (US)     1 / 173  
posted 06-05-09 01:53 PM CT (US)     2 / 173  
*Posts to keep activity*

I'll be willing to playtest whenever, like I said. With luck, Skype can work on my computer.

◓◓◓◓◓
posted 06-05-09 01:55 PM CT (US)     3 / 173  
thats cool, when you get it add me on GR as BF_Popeychops and on skype as simon.popeychops. Anyone else, please post in the thread to confirm your desire to join in.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 06-05-09 02:00 PM CT (US)     4 / 173  
I'll enter on the Pope's request!

Scenarios:
Divine War (rated 4.4)
Phoenix trailer (rated 3.8)
Proud Member of Black Forest Studios

It`s hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead
posted 06-05-09 03:29 PM CT (US)     5 / 173  
Chops asked me at GR. But I don't have skype and don't speak english well. But I wish I could playtest too.
(Hail Teotl! Hermano!)

[This message has been edited by Espadachim (edited 06-05-2009 @ 03:30 PM).]

posted 06-05-09 04:00 PM CT (US)     6 / 173  
Olá espadachim, meu irmão sudamericano!
Did I wrote that well? I don't speak portuguese very well

Scenarios:
Divine War (rated 4.4)
Phoenix trailer (rated 3.8)
Proud Member of Black Forest Studios

It`s hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead
posted 06-05-09 04:07 PM CT (US)     7 / 173  
Only missed one word
sudamericano is spanish
Sulamericano is portuguese
posted 06-05-09 04:23 PM CT (US)     8 / 173  
I can help out, just give me the time. No skype though, no mic for that matter.
posted 06-05-09 04:29 PM CT (US)     9 / 173  
No worries Dtrungle.
Btw can you chat to me or jake about your RPG Celton? We played it and found a bug. It rocks though.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 06-05-09 04:41 PM CT (US)     10 / 173  
Count BF_Baldir in on GR xD

Retired, old and senile.

Thread Destroyer of April 09 - Popeychops
I was jealous of your guitars at first. Now I'm jealous of your awesome room. Jerk. :(
And it's on a friggin towel? so you're WIPING YOURSELF DOWN WITH SEXY WOMEN AFTER SHOWERS?! WHAT KIND OF MONSTER OF AWESOME DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? - Aro
posted 06-05-09 05:51 PM CT (US)     11 / 173  
What's the bug in my old map? It wasn't polished back then and I doubt that I'd polish it now, since I'm working on a better one. Though, I'd still want to know about the bug.

You can state it here or at dtrungle_3[hotmail[com

On topic, I've been playing L4D recently and a multiplayer coop zombie shooter for aoc would be awesome.
Some ideas from L4D itself, (not sure if you already know/implemented them)
  • Different weapons (+ATK)
  • Healthpacks (Can be used for yourself or used on your ally)
  • Human 'special' zombies (I'm not sure of the player situation, but human zombies would mean a versus type game, 4v4)
  • Not sure how you would implement 'pipe bombs'/'mollies'
  • Puzzle/challenge events

[This message has been edited by Dtrungle (edited 06-05-2009 @ 05:51 PM).]

• posted 06-05-09 06:06 PM CT (US)     12 / 173  
    Intresting ideas and perfectly possible.
    If we decided to make a competetive version of SE, Human zombies would be an awesome idea.

The bug we found was that the barriers to the demons didn't go away and we couldn't solve the puzzle with the desert rugs because there was no clues or anything and we couldn't keepgoing back and forth trying to find the right path, that would take forever...
    posted 06-05-09 06:10 PM CT (US)     13 / 173  
    It was a madness. I played the archer both times. It helps a lot. But it almost killed us three times. The fourth one was fatal. We got killed almost instantly.
    It was funny. Get rly hard when monsters...
    Edited to prevent further spoiling
    posted 06-05-09 09:35 PM CT (US)     14 / 173  
    The bug we found was that the barriers to the demons didn't go away and we couldn't solve the puzzle with the desert rugs because there was no clues or anything and we couldn't keepgoing back and forth trying to find the right path, that would take forever...
    It's not a bug, 4 blocked paths get unblocked after you break 4 seals. Each seal being 4 different bosses.
    As for the rug part, my mistake for not adding any word-hints. The only thing that hinted on anything was the rug colours, and the fact that a mistake equals hay stack being created.

As for SE, I'm itching to play, lol. Any listed times or is it just random?
    The ai, when player 1 leaves the game, somehow grows an ai and if unlocked teams, the allies turn enemy and the city starts training units.
    Not sure why that occured. Depending on how the CPU should act, maybe you can change the personality AI. Or keep them in dark age with disabled stuff.
    posted 06-06-09 04:41 AM CT (US)     15 / 173  
    l4d ftw love that game

"i keep my female villagers either garrisoned in the town center or pickin' berries where they belong"
    posted 06-06-09 05:02 AM CT (US)     16 / 173  
    Dtrungle, add us both on gameranger and helpfully skype, we'll get a game up when we have 3 or so people.

A note to testers: after a night of games please delete your files so that we can make improvements without having to change the names. The 'number' only changes when Tanks and I swap turns at editing it.

Edit:
    Tanks, with respect to competitive silent evil; 3v3, no carto, Heroes get buffs and hordes get tons of spam units? or we could edit the current format to have 4 v 2.....

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 06-06-2009 @ 05:25 AM).]

posted 06-06-09 05:41 AM CT (US)     17 / 173  
    Dtrungle, the personality is already set to none.

popeyplopperchops, I was thinking 2 inital human "mutants" v 4 humans and theres a horde of zombies and when a player dies he becomes a zombie.. but we cantalk more aboutthis another time
    posted 06-06-09 05:42 AM CT (US)     18 / 173  
    Sure, lets stick to our current four player. Do any of last nights testers have any comments? If they contain spoilers please email me on the address in profile. Thanks.

posted 06-06-09 05:45 AM CT (US)     19 / 173  
    Yes pleasew give us comments and feedback/reviews!
    posted 06-06-09 07:29 AM CT (US)     20 / 173  
    Comment : Count me in on Gameranger -.- BF_Baldir

Retired, old and senile.

Thread Destroyer of April 09 - Popeychops
    I was jealous of your guitars at first. Now I'm jealous of your awesome room. Jerk. :(
    And it's on a friggin towel? so you're WIPING YOURSELF DOWN WITH SEXY WOMEN AFTER SHOWERS?! WHAT KIND OF MONSTER OF AWESOME DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? - Aro
    posted 06-06-09 07:56 AM CT (US)     21 / 173  
    We've added you to the list, get online!

posted 06-06-09 09:25 AM CT (US)     22 / 173  
    Sign me up!

Gameranger: Dead_End
    posted 06-06-09 10:06 AM CT (US)     23 / 173  
    posted 06-06-09 10:31 AM CT (US)     24 / 173  
    From my own experience, when game difficulty is Standard and CPU age is dark,

Personality AI = None
  • CPU units spread out according to unit's LOS
  • CPU does not scout with military units, freeze effect will freeze them
  • CPU villagers still do work/explore

Personality AI = Standard
  • CPU may build up and attack
  • CPU will always scout with any unit, freeze effect works, but may not on a scouting unit
  • CPU villagers still do work/explore

The pic with the glitched deer is odd, why would that occur? O_O

Ew at the 'GAIA tributed', make it silent, if you must include an indication of the gain, send a chat.

Hi Donnie, L4D does rock. ^_^

EDIT: I installed Skype, and only Skype, no Plugin for IE or Extra stuff. I can listen in on what you guys can say right? Cause I don't have a mic.

My GR name is dtrungle and my Skype name is dtrungle as well.

[This message has been edited by Dtrungle (edited 06-06-2009 @ 10:48 AM).]

• posted 06-06-09 11:00 AM CT (US)     25 / 173  
    This game is very good for your ego.
    For me it is *****.
    posted 06-06-09 11:49 AM CT (US)     26 / 173  
    The aI must of went from none to standard.b

and no, im not using trigger studio to kill SE.
    posted 06-06-09 11:53 AM CT (US)     27 / 173  
    If we'd wanted it silent we would have used kill ratios instead. As it is you are notified of each important action (kills, food and game time).

posted 06-06-09 12:01 PM CT (US)     28 / 173  
    This game is very good for your ego.
    For me it is *****.
    O_O?
    If we'd wanted it silent we would have used kill ratios instead. As it is you are notified of each important action (kills, food and game time).
    O_O?
    I don't understand how silent tribute is related to kill ratio?
    I'm just saying that it would look neater if you get a silent tribute and a send chat "You found some food." or "You've lasted a minute./You've lasted another minute." instead of "GAIA tributed 1 Wood to you.".
    Also, you don't need aokts to make a tribute silent.
    posted 06-06-09 01:02 PM CT (US)     29 / 173  
    Yesyou do, making negative tributes turns the effect red and doesnt work
    posted 06-06-09 01:32 PM CT (US)     30 / 173  
    From the FAQ,
    Q46. How can I give the player resources without the message "GAIA tributed to “?

To prevent the tribute message, rather than having Gaia tribute resources to player 1, have the player tribute negative resources to gaia. (With a minus symbol). Thanks again to Crystal Crown.
    The FAQ failed to mention that you shouldn't "look" or click on that effect again, otherwise, the negative number would reset to 0. Also, you cannot tribute "-1", to get around this, you tribute -2 and then you give away 1.

EDIT: The FAQ also fails to mention that you need to copy the minus from elsewhere, and then rightclick-paste it into the value box.

[This message has been edited by Dtrungle (edited 06-06-2009 @ 01:52 PM).]

posted 06-06-09 02:31 PM CT (US)     31 / 173  
    Dtrungle, there are a ridiculous amount of instances where that would be necessary. We do not wish to change it.

posted 06-06-09 03:50 PM CT (US)     32 / 173  
    Add me at GR.My name now is the same here.
    Espadachim
    posted 06-06-09 04:29 PM CT (US)     33 / 173  
    We don't need to add you again, your name updates with its changes.

posted 06-06-09 04:56 PM CT (US)     34 / 173  
    I'm refering to the other testers
    posted 06-06-09 11:02 PM CT (US)     35 / 173  
    This looks very interesting guys - good luck.
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project Announcement: ~Silent Evil~
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames