You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Oh dear, Tanks, What HAVE you got yourself into...
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 04-08-10 10:50 PM CT (US)   
Ok, So I was on Runescape (It's not that bad now they have the HD Mode, and they update it nearly once a week, so as it stands as an RPG - Its pretty decent.)

And I was fighting these desert creatures known as Flesh Crawlers to get my range EXP up with a friend, The frist part of her username is Wyyld.

You can probably see where this is going.

We "sat down" (Because when your out of run enerygy, you need to literally sit down and rest.) and were just talking and sharing random things about ourselves. It turns out she and I are very alike. We like the same things, our minds work in similar ways. Now remembering what my mother always told me "Anyone can be Anyone, Its the Internet". Now I've known this girl for a month now, and to be honest, she seems pretty legit. We were even discussing this matter, and she totally agreed with me when I said "you could be a man".

But thats the least of my concerns:

She says to me. "No-one else is on. Want to do something"
And I replied: "Anythings fine aslong as Im with you"
-Kaboom-
What did I just say?! What was I thinking?!
True, I have felt that "different" feeling with her than I do with anyone else. She is special, and at that point she looked at me. for about 5 minutes it was deadly silent. Im sitting at home smacking my head on my keyboard and then suddenly she said something about all the times when we were with each other on the game

We got into a long conversation about how having feelings for a RuneScape character can be perfectly normal - afterall, its the personality of the character you love - its like loving a character from your favourite all time book. Its fictional, but damn you worship him/her.

So she had to go. I found out she is SIX YEARS OLDER than me (Thats 22, I'm 16) but we BOTH agreed we act more like 18 year olds, because our minds are similar. Me, with assburges, and a mind that explodes from being an intelligent young man to a 12 year old lost in a fantasy roleplay in my kitchen (Mum gets annoyed when I start voicing characters out aloud by accident). She has a mind that is purely years younger than she is.

you could say were a perfect pair.

So we paused that conversation, and she left saying "When I get back, Were finishing this convo, and deciding whats to become of our characters". It also turns out she loved my character too. Well, when I say Character, Im literally meaning the Personality of the person: Me and her, Slapped onto our characters bodies. In my head I would be imagining the whole conversation with our characters, asif it were really happening (I love being young!)

So. What do you guys make of all this? And yes I do realise I dont know F*** all about her in real life, But its not directly HER I've fallen in love with. its her personality mixed with her character.
Replies:
posted 04-10-10 11:49 AM CT (US)     26 / 83  
Ok, So I was on Runescape
I stopped reading after this.

I know I'm doing the same thing what Mithril did in Scud's thread, but what the hell

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 04-10-10 11:58 AM CT (US)     27 / 83  
[ah] Classic RuneScape Ignorance.

Now theres HD on it, its actually alright.
posted 04-10-10 01:22 PM CT (US)     28 / 83  
Not, at all Tanks, I may know that it's still somewhat square In graphics. But it's better than Runescape Classic.

I don't know what the hell is going on with Runescape, it has been growing better over the time. But well I am starting to get a bit out of the topic.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 04-11-10 03:08 AM CT (US)     29 / 83  
I lol'd

posted 04-11-10 04:34 AM CT (US)     30 / 83  
I lol'd
I'm just remembering the time when I, as a joke, started a Craigslist-style "looking for love" profile on Neopets. It actually got me banned from another forum I post in, and Aro gave me an unofficial warning to never discuss it again on AoKH.

And you know what? That profile is still on Neopets, last I checked. They never deleted it.
posted 04-11-10 05:32 PM CT (US)     31 / 83  
And we have to remember that there's a term called "autism spectrum" for the exact reason that there are many gradients to it.
Oh yes, autism is at one end and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder is at the other.
My cousins are at either end.
Its much more about communication, as those who are severely autistic often have trouble expressing themselves, which makes them frustrated, which can result in, what could be considered a tantrum or violence.
At the other end, often the person is destructive when they don't receive attention, which, aside from being destructive, is unexpected. This makes explaining it much more difficult, however it is manageable when diagnosed.
Either way, similar results are possible, a person who finds it difficult to communicate their needs.

Yes, empathy is a better explanation than compassion, as empathy is a psychological process, not an emotion.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 04-12-10 00:08 AM CT (US)     32 / 83  
I tend to think that emotions are psychological phenomena.

"While I'm profaning I might as well do the whole f*cking thing."
-- Christopher Hitchens
http://soundcloud.com/adult-entertainment - Intriguing music! Made by me! (It's excellent!)
posted 04-12-10 09:22 AM CT (US)     33 / 83  
Emotions are biological reactions. When we fail at something, we feel like shit. That's simply to make sure we dont fail again. Our body is rewarding and punishing behaviour that directly correlates to our survival, at least in the most primitive sense of the term emotion.

That's not to say you should disregard someone being sad by just "IT'S A BIOLOGICAL THING GET OVER IT"

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 04-12-10 10:35 AM CT (US)     34 / 83  
I don't know why I post this...

I remembered my password for Runescape, so I logged in to see how things where, and discovered a new skill.

And morgoth is right, the emotins are biological, and they later transform in psicological.

But again into the topic, Tanks, What's out now with your situation?
posted 04-13-10 12:41 PM CT (US)     35 / 83  
Well. We seem to disregard our ages and life differences, and we seem to Roleplay our relationship on runescape. I even had to fetch her tea in Juliets house near the Grand Exchange...
posted 04-13-10 01:09 PM CT (US)     36 / 83  
I just checked this out for the first time, I've never played Runescape but I might try it sometime. If she's Irish then beware as from my experience with Irish people in Ireland has been most unpleasant. Of course, I live in Killarney and people in other places seem to be much nicer than here.

joshua4missions

P.S. I'm not Irish.
posted 04-13-10 02:50 PM CT (US)     37 / 83  
Ok, So I was on Runescape
I wanted to stop reading after this.

Reality check: Online relationships never work in the same way long distance relationships never work. Especially if you're a 16-year-old with emotional problems. She's older than you. She probably lives very far away. She's more messed up than you if she doesn't mind being attached to jailbait. She's lying about many things. Age, gender, cup size, etc. You're probably lying about plenty of things too. Eventually, after your delusions of you two being perfect for eachother fade (you have no idea who she is), after imagining you have the mind-frame of an 18 year old (whatever the hell that means), and after pretending something might come out of a tween playing with an alleged female online, you'll realize the only thing that connects you two is the Internet and nothing else. At the moment, her "seeming pretty legit" is hardly the stuff that true, real romance is made out of, and I'm having a hard time believing you've been in a real realtionship.

Part of why you're in love with her isn't her personality, it's the fact that she's a female and you're desperate, as is the nerd way. "OMG A GIRL THAT LIKES THE SAME THINGS I DO", even if those same things amount to Runescape, and you'd gently toss down any differences you found becaue you're in LOLove. If this was a guy or a girl you wanted to be friends with, one you weren't picturing as a supermodel, you wouldn't all of the sudden be mushy if they asked you if you wanted to do something. You'd say "sure watevar lol" and do something.

Save yourself trouble and treat everybody you meet online like you'd treat a guy. Save the mushy stuff for real life girls, the ones you can trust (well... "trust more effectively") and the ones you can actually spend time with. You don't have to be one of those dudes who falls for a chick because of how much she "LOL's" at you when you tell knock knock jokes and have too much soda.

I think you have one of those minds where it's a pity your mom doesn't know about the game, because it sounds like you're not only addicted, but you're too into the little fantasy escape world you're building for yourself. After reading this, I feel bad for you, man. Take a break from that. Honestly think about what you're doing here. Maybe it's the 12 year old ignoring the "intelligent young man" you mentioned, but I think both are being controlled by your hard-on for love.

» Your attractive master.
» "Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
posted 04-13-10 02:58 PM CT (US)     38 / 83  
I wanted to say this, but I thought I'd be somehow bashing Scud by proxy or something, and that I just can't bring myself to do.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 04-13-10 03:05 PM CT (US)     39 / 83  
Hmm it's fine, not really insulting me in any real way, seeing as my situation is different.

We were friends, and talking as friends under no illusion of anything different. And when we did decide to meet up, it was just that as such (and didn't feel wierd or ackward as due to the nature of prior communication, we were who we were not masked by any 'character'), and as friends this carried for some time until it developed it something more over time. So I knew who she was in 'real life' before making any real commitment.

Plus, its a very short train/car journey, so the whole 'long distance' is a muted point to two adults with driver licenses and the ability to operate a ticket machine at a train station.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia

[This message has been edited by Scud (edited 04-13-2010 @ 03:07 PM).]

posted 04-13-10 05:13 PM CT (US)     40 / 83  
Aro, I reckon you went a bit far with that, but you do have a point.
Internet relationships don't work.
Long distance relationships are strained.

Falling for people isn't worth the hassle unless you know you can feel loved every moment of every day, otherwise, don't make the effort. Stick to treating her character as her character, and remember that while she is a person, she's not a person who's showing you her face on a daily basis. While I have many great friends I've known online, I wouldn't want to date someone online for the world.

Proceed with caution.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 04-13-10 07:14 PM CT (US)     41 / 83  
Trust Aro; he speaks from experience.

MY NAME IS GWAME I AM AOKH MEMBER SINCE 2004 AND I HAVE MANY POSTS
BEST SIG OF 2008 AND 2ND BEST SIG OF 2009 (SAME SIG LOLOL)
BEST SIG OF 2008
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap music. If you're on of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.
"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^" "Gwame your sig ain't funny nomore." - morgoth bauglir"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
posted 04-13-10 10:58 PM CT (US)     42 / 83  
Trust Aro; he speaks from experience.
Yep, though sometimes can piss you off, ruin the seriousness of the thread or end killing the thread, he is very experienced, so this info is useful.
posted 04-13-10 11:53 PM CT (US)     43 / 83  
Runescape? More like...POONscape!

Oh snap.
posted 04-14-10 02:45 AM CT (US)     44 / 83  
Aro, you're banished from the land. You just had to go and kill his hopes and dreams of ever hooking up with an older woman. For shame, you horribly drawn monkey.

*pegs Aro with Faddy*

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
posted 04-14-10 06:04 AM CT (US)     45 / 83  
I still say he should give it a shot. It's not every day you hook up in an online game where people have screen names like gaytardosaur23431 and rectumpunch_mcstinkyfist. You take what you can get. And I've always believed that for people on the autism spectrum, the illusion of love is a more than acceptable substitute for the real thing.
posted 04-14-10 04:48 PM CT (US)     46 / 83  
Aro, you have most of that 99% wrong, And infact I dont want you to bash without realising whats going on or reading a single thing ive said.

You wouldnt know love if it smacked you full force in the face driving an ambulance at 120 mph which is on fire down the A96 while being chased by ninjas which are also on fire.
posted 04-14-10 05:24 PM CT (US)     47 / 83  
You wouldnt know love if it smacked you full force in the face driving an ambulance at 120 mph which is on fire down the A96 while being chased by ninjas which are also on fire.
Oh and I suppose you do, huh? It's just a crush, and you will know this (hopefully) in a few years.

The truth is, no matter how hard you try to warn younger people about the path that is ahead them, they will not understand it until they themselves tread it.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 04-14-10 05:30 PM CT (US)     48 / 83  
The truth is, no matter how hard you try to warn younger people about the path that is ahead them, they will not understand it until they themselves tread it.
Pops! Man, you're just tooooooo square, you won't understand, I'll keep on rocking for ever!

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 04-14-10 06:42 PM CT (US)     49 / 83  
Surge, I'm 16, Mental age varies from 20 to 14. I know the difference between love and a crush. Besides, Its the characters - not the people.

Everyone has had an imaginary friend once in there life.. Whats better, than having your imaginary friend think for him/herself for once?
posted 04-14-10 07:04 PM CT (US)     50 / 83  
I know the difference between love and a crush
Right because there's no grey area whatsoever.

MY NAME IS GWAME I AM AOKH MEMBER SINCE 2004 AND I HAVE MANY POSTS
BEST SIG OF 2008 AND 2ND BEST SIG OF 2009 (SAME SIG LOLOL)
BEST SIG OF 2008
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap music. If you're on of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.
"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^" "Gwame your sig ain't funny nomore." - morgoth bauglir"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Oh dear, Tanks, What HAVE you got yourself into...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames