Project Suspended: Remaking the hole Y-TD

Proud Member of Black Forest Studios

[This message has been edited by Black Spirit (edited 06-07-2012 @ 10:11 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-09-12 06:02 AM CT (US)     1 / 41  
Very nice presentation of our map
posted 04-09-12 10:16 AM CT (US)     2 / 41  
Looks good!!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
posted 04-09-12 10:18 AM CT (US)     3 / 41  
Very nice presentation of our map
Thanks my friend, I have to talk with you via Skype A.S.A.P.
Looks good!!
Thanks Draco, we really hope that you all enjoy this TD once it's finished.

[This message has been edited by Black Spirit (edited 04-09-2012 @ 10:19 AM).]

posted 04-09-12 08:44 PM CT (US)     4 / 41  
All these TD's being worked on. I want to join the fray.

Co-creator of Silent Evil - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009
and The Seas of Egressa - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
posted 04-10-12 01:58 AM CT (US)     5 / 41  
Besides the "Y" shape how is this any different from other tds? What will make me want to play this instead of other similar ones.

"i keep my female villagers either garrisoned in the town center or pickin' berries where they belong"
posted 04-10-12 04:05 AM CT (US)     6 / 41  
Besides the "Y" shape how is this any different from other tds? What will make me want to play this instead of other similar ones.
1° First of all as you already say... the "Y" form.

2° That the difficults are really good and we're trying to make that the players never get bored of it.

3° This is the first TD that have "Spells" implemented, that can help you, help someone of your choice or damage someone of your choice.

4° We're trying to have a balance in the Civs, that way any Civ can be good for play and not just the 3 common ones (Spanish, Koreans & Aztecs).

5° Balance in the shops, also good things for purchase, that way at least all players will purchase one time anything in the shops, well that's what we're trying to.

6° There is no "Bonus Team", you're alone, everyone is your opponent...

7° Good Spawns, that way this is not going to be a joke.

And many other things that we're trying to, we're working a lot in this TD... not just create for nothing, we want to make it special.

----

Also, we don't have it finished yet, we still missing lot of things, like the Spawn Levels, Spawn Units, if the difficults are good or not, things at shop... invincible TD or not? More than 1 Winner? More Bonuses or not...

We want to make it special, unic and if is possible the best one, but maybe we're missing something that the players want from a TD and no one have it, if you all help us by giving us more ideas this can work perfectly well.

[This message has been edited by Black Spirit (edited 04-10-2012 @ 12:43 PM).]

posted 04-13-12 09:36 AM CT (US)     7 / 41  
Updated:

100% Scenario Design
55% Triggers

Notes: We're adding some improves and things, any idea is welcome for now.

[This message has been edited by Black Spirit (edited 04-13-2012 @ 05:30 PM).]

posted 05-24-12 00:12 AM CT (US)     8 / 41  
Update:

Entire Thread Changed, just missing the approve of the scenario in the Blacksmith for put the Download Link.

Hope you guys like it and remember, this is the final beta version... it's not yet the Final Stable.

posted 05-24-12 01:26 AM CT (US)     9 / 41  
Also, I'm nearly finished making a banner, because I'm cool like that.

posted 05-24-12 01:27 AM CT (US)     10 / 41  
posted 05-24-12 01:44 AM CT (US)     11 / 41  
@BF_Tanks Thank you Bro, ASAP sent me it please! (but don't forget to sleep some time)

@Panel Thank you Panel! The Download Link is Available -Now-

[This message has been edited by Black Spirit (edited 05-24-2012 @ 01:48 AM).]

posted 05-24-12 11:13 AM CT (US)     12 / 41  
Again, I am amazed by the presentation
posted 05-26-12 04:24 PM CT (US)     13 / 41  
1° "The friend" in spell shop not working for p1, idk for others.

Fixed - Working for Final Version

2° Sometimes I can buy max 18 relics, sometimes 20. (now what?)

This is working properly, the maximum amount of relics depends of what difficult you choose.

3° The 500 food / 5 min shop, if I buy it, flag not appear.

4° At start when I want to set difficult, the horse transfer to p4, also booter. (is it okay?)

5° And the biggest problem I still feel that lag, what I told to Spirit, and some my friends also felt it :/

6° 7500 golds for the bombard tower (twice), not too much? And archers also not very useful at end-game.

Bombard Tower will cost 5000 Gold and Archers 7500 Gold - For Final Version

7° Sometimes when game start (hear the instruction sound) game is crashed, (maybe too much message and thing happen at a time)

Improved - Working for Final Version

8° And the game is really long... mostly the start, and full map is 3++ hours long.

The maximum time of the game is 2 Hours, remember, you're playing on Fast Speed.

[This message has been edited by Black Spirit (edited 05-27-2012 @ 12:46 PM).]

posted 05-27-12 03:36 PM CT (US)     14 / 41  
Can you list what the spells do?
posted 05-27-12 09:38 PM CT (US)     15 / 41  
Sure, Rambit, I just added them in the main post

Note: Some of them may will have a change for Final Stable Version.

[This message has been edited by Black Spirit (edited 05-27-2012 @ 10:56 PM).]

posted 06-01-12 04:49 PM CT (US)     16 / 41  
-- Update --

Final version realised.

posted 06-04-12 00:34 AM CT (US)     17 / 41  
Can you please remove the booter so I can rate it.
posted 06-04-12 04:24 AM CT (US)     18 / 41  
Don't you play it online?

posted 06-04-12 05:03 AM CT (US)     19 / 41  
He meant it's not possible to rate it on Voobly with the booter.
posted 06-04-12 11:13 AM CT (US)     20 / 41  
Well that's voobly's problem. :3

posted 06-04-12 11:37 AM CT (US)     21 / 41  
I'm gonna look into that Rambit, let's keep contact via Voobly.

posted 06-04-12 04:10 PM CT (US)     22 / 41  
Well that's voobly's problem. :3
Well, it is my problem. I would have just done it myself but the triggers are masked and you cant test in map editor so it is far easier for me if he just does it. I'm going to be making this TD the only rated TD on voobly so everyone wins.
posted 06-04-12 04:16 PM CT (US)     23 / 41  
Not really, and if you think you can waltz into someone elses map without permission then sorry son - you're breaking copyright protection.

posted 06-04-12 04:48 PM CT (US)     24 / 41  
Great thread Black Spirit. If only every project page looked this good.
posted 06-04-12 06:34 PM CT (US)     25 / 41  
Not really, and if you think you can waltz into someone elses map without permission then sorry son - you're breaking copyright protection.
I would only be breaking copyright if he paid for a copyright on it. AFAIK no one has ever done this and it is unlikely to be possible to do so. Although if someone doesn't want their map rated on Voobly I would probably not rate it if they asked me, depending on the circumstances. But I don't see why that would ever be the case.
posted 06-04-12 06:40 PM CT (US)     26 / 41  
I would only be breaking copyright if he paid for a copyright on it.
*Sarcastically claps hands*
posted 06-04-12 06:41 PM CT (US)     27 / 41  
Paid for a Copyright?

Do you know that in the country I come from, on this planet called Earth - the thing called Copyright applies to any created thing? Marking it official with use of the copyright logo simply ensures that companies and people see that the item has an enforced protection and the owner is not open to negotiating its resale/edition.

Also, do you know that buying Copyright isn't buying you anything but a lawyer? You might need that lawyer if you go around stealing any more peoples work and claiming it as part of your own grand world where everything is owned by you.

posted 06-04-12 06:44 PM CT (US)     28 / 41  
Also, I'd like to add that you must have no morals or even any dignity or respect for others if you go galliantly charging into their work and changing it to suit your needs, then slapping your logo on it and going "haha I made a fad"

*cough*CBA*cough*

We have made the copyright official on all of our Black Forest productions. It's common courtesy to back the F*ck off and leave it alone.

[This message has been edited by BF_Tanks (edited 06-04-2012 @ 06:45 PM).]

posted 06-04-12 06:53 PM CT (US)     29 / 41  
You might need that lawyer if you go around stealing any more peoples work and claiming it as part of your own grand world where everything is owned by you.
You'll find the actual authors copyright claims are very fine or none existant to begin with. There are absolutely no legal grounds for a scenario artist to claim 'copyright' on a custom scenario (in fact, without going into too much details, that 'copyright', once uploaded, if anything would most likely belong to HG). It would never ever reach a court if that's what you're trying to make out. That's ridiculous. Even if it did it would be totally ludicrous and expensive. Pigs might fly too.

It is however, polite, to at least credit the original author. Which I'm sure he will do. And besides, he isn't breaking any 'copyright'. He is merely enhancing it for online play.

Don't get so angry over it. You've taken Rambit's motives WAAAAYY out of context.

[This message has been edited by Tetsuo Shima (edited 06-04-2012 @ 06:58 PM).]

posted 06-04-12 07:09 PM CT (US)     30 / 41  
Editing someone elses work without permission isn't an infringement of copyright? Oh sorry, let me just copy everyones hard work, shall I?

No. Not how it works. Someone's work, no matter how small it may be in your eyes, is still hard work that they have spent time doing.

Sorry, I'm just annoyed at the obvious attempt to jack someone elses work and put it down as voobly work.

posted 06-04-12 07:42 PM CT (US)     31 / 41  
@BF_Tanks: Bro calm down, it's almost impossible remove something withouth screw up something else because I change all the triggers from the original place (so just imagine, if with names it was a mass now withouth names and everything moved LOOOL), anyway thank you for defend our project, I agree with you.

@Tetsuo Shima: Thank you and I'm still missing another banner from Panel

@Rambit: Look at your PMs in Voobly.

@Everyone else: Enjoy the scenario people! Any suggestion is welcomed

[This message has been edited by Black Spirit (edited 06-04-2012 @ 07:43 PM).]

posted 06-04-12 08:16 PM CT (US)     32 / 41  
Editing someone elses work without permission isn't an infringement of copyright? Oh sorry, let me just copy everyones hard work, shall I?

No. Not how it works. Someone's work, no matter how small it may be in your eyes, is still hard work that they have spent time doing.

Sorry, I'm just annoyed at the obvious attempt to jack someone elses work and put it down as voobly work.
You don't seem to understand how copyright works, perhaps it would pay to read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

But I'm not stealing anyones work, removing the booter and putting a '=V=' infront of the map is all that will be changing. The credits will not be changed.
posted 06-04-12 08:53 PM CT (US)     33 / 41  
Why put a "=V=". There's no need? [BF] is the scanerio's tag because it's BF who created it.

Also, In my country you can claim copyright on whatever you've made to stop others stealing it. I'm not basing my knowlege on Wikipedia, but on past experiances with dealing with Copyright and having work stolen.

posted 06-04-12 11:36 PM CT (US)     34 / 41  
Why put a "=V=". There's no need? [BF] is the scanerio's tag because it's BF who created it.
I think there is a need, it lets voobly members know if it is a rated map or not. Credits are generally put inside the scenario, not the name.

I don't think I should bother explaining copyright to you, if you are going to claim wikipedia have it wrong I don't like the chances of you believing me. But I ask you do research it in your own way rather then relying on what you currently understand it to be.
posted 06-05-12 06:36 AM CT (US)     35 / 41  
if you are going to claim wikipedia have it wrong
An online encyclopedia were everyone can add things to articles being wrong? Clearly Tanks doesn't know what he's talking about.

In other news, I suggest you two drop the argument. Black Spirit will have the scenario rated by you if he feels like it. No-one's going to force anyone around here to accept things they're uncomfortable with.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project Announcement: "Y" Tower Defense
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames